AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-22, 17:00   Link #1481
minuteman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
why have Jonin and Anbu they seem to serve a similar purpose both going on a ranked missions?
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 20:53   Link #1482
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 23:54   Link #1483
Kyu410
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteman View Post
why have Jonin and Anbu they seem to serve a similar purpose both going on a ranked missions?
ANBU are like higher ranked Jonin and those types protect secrets from being spread like the secret of Byakugan. And ANBU are usually the ones to stay within a village to uphold the peace. Jonin are the people who have to be a sensei and teach the new generation of the ninja art.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:33   Link #1484
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
ANBU are like higher ranked Jonin and those types protect secrets from being spread like the secret of Byakugan. And ANBU are usually the ones to stay within a village to uphold the peace. Jonin are the people who have to be a sensei and teach the new generation of the ninja art.
there was a rediculously long thread about this where one guy was against eveyone else that anbu were not "special Jonin" or something like that.

it was decided that they were not only Johnin but could be chunin or possibly genine as well. just as long as they possesed the right skills right? they could be a chunine right? I mean, they arent the most powerful force in naruto seeing as the regular Jonins are all like "we own you guys," and they command them around.

as i recall, the ones who kept the secretes of the Byakugen from spreading around was the Hyuga clan and solely the hyuga clan (with hokage of course)

jonin's do not have to be senseis, this is not stated anywhere in the series.
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 01:33   Link #1485
mayhem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
there was a rediculously long thread about this where one guy was against eveyone else that anbu were not "special Jonin" or something like that.

it was decided that they were not only Johnin but could be chunin or possibly genine as well. just as long as they possesed the right skills right? they could be a chunine right? I mean, they arent the most powerful force in naruto seeing as the regular Jonins are all like "we own you guys," and they command them around.

as i recall, the ones who kept the secretes of the Byakugen from spreading around was the Hyuga clan and solely the hyuga clan (with hokage of course)

jonin's do not have to be senseis, this is not stated anywhere in the series.
its done by the request of the hokage for who he/she think would best suit the situation, plus they want the greater shinobi to teach the coming generations so the skill level of the village increases...Plus it doesn't need to be said in the series since that portion is based on historical fact of ninja tribes...they simply do it t the request of the tribe/village leader.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 16:58   Link #1486
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
i.e- elaborating+adding.

Spoiler for manga:
__________________

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-24 at 18:05.
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 18:20   Link #1487
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Spoiler for Root:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 21:51   Link #1488
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
thanks! and could anyone brief me on the sharingan's abilities, like elaboratly explain what each tomo does and crap? - sorry
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 22:57   Link #1489
Kyu410
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
thanks! and could anyone brief me on the sharingan's abilities, like elaboratly explain what each tomo does and crap? - sorry
Tomoe lvl 1: Allows predicting movements

Tomoe lvl 2: Allows predicting movements to become easier plus the user can see chakra anywhere by using sharingan.

Tomoe lvl 3: Allows predicting movements to become even easier. Reactions from an opponent become slow and can easily get target into genjutsu.

Mangeykyo Sharingan: Last level of sharingan. Can use three hidden sharingan techniques(Amateresu, Tsukiyomi, and another one I assume would be Susanoo), Can use genjutsu at a stronger and faster rate. Opponents reactions become even slower and can cause blindness after a while of using it.

Amateresu: A burning technique that is as hot as the sun. It can burn through anything.

Tsukiyomi: A technique that allows the user to trap the opponent in a inescapable genjutsu unless opponent has sharingan. The user can control anything within this world.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:21   Link #1490
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Amateresu: A burning technique that is as hot as the sun. It can burn through anything.
I might also add to that that the flames are black.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 00:20   Link #1491
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
Tsukiyomi: A technique that allows the user to trap the opponent in a inescapable genjutsu unless opponent has sharingan. The user can control anything within this world.
Even if the opponent has the Sharingan, he can't necessarily escape, as per Kakashi's three day adventure within Itachi's world of Tsukiyomi.
Spoiler for manga:
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 00:33   Link #1492
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Kakashi cant escape as he is not pure blood, thus his sharingan is weaker.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 08:06   Link #1493
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
thanks! and could anyone brief me on the sharingan's abilities, like elaboratly explain what each tomo does and crap? - sorry
As far as we know the tomoe do not have a particular ability on their own, they just indicate the maturity of the Sharingan.
You should ask this question here to have a more complete answer.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 20:54   Link #1494
Cmart
Green Beast of the East
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cmart
I was reading the Byukugan vs Sharingan thread and i kept seeing people mention CS3 but i dont recall sasuke using it, so my question is when does sasuke use it and does his appearance change even more?
__________________
Favorite anime shows: DBZ & GT, Yu-yu Hakusho, Zoids: New Century Zero and Chaotic Century, Naruto, One Piece, FMA
Cmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 00:08   Link #1495
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 30
There's always lots of discussion I feel left out about, because I've never read any of the databooks. Is there a place to acquire these books, so that I may familiarize myself with the Naruto canon?
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 02:13   Link #1496
Kyu410
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmart View Post
I was reading the Byukugan vs Sharingan thread and i kept seeing people mention CS3 but i dont recall sasuke using it, so my question is when does sasuke use it and does his appearance change even more?
CS3 doesn't exist yet, as Masashi Kishimoto has never confirmed that.

@Quzor: I'm not sure.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 23:53   Link #1497
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
hey i wonder if its possible to do a body/soul transfer with the deathgod??

trade ur life for one of teh souls already consumed by the deathgod hahahaha
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 16:42   Link #1498
UchihaJustin
Itachi lied... I DID IT!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Ichimaru that really wasnt a "question" it was really more retorical and shouldnt be "answered"
but to answer it anyway, i think of the deathgod as the devil, and would the devil trade souls he already possesed for different souls he doesnt have? what would he gain from that?
__________________
UchihaJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 18:16   Link #1499
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaJustin View Post
i think of the deathgod as the devil, and would the devil trade souls he already possesed for different souls he doesnt have? what would he gain from that?
One of the requirements or resulting impact of Death God jutsu is that it claims the soul of the sealed and sealer as being offered to him. In Kyuubi's sealing Death God jutsu was used, but, we also know that Kyuubi is not currently in Death God's stomach, so that suggests the possibility of some kind of trade or a possible reclaim of an already offered soul, through means that are currently unknown to us, maybe another technique of a similar level (when compared to Death God jutsu), another kind of dangerous offering-based jutsu to negate or alter the former jutsu's impact.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-08-28 at 18:26.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:41   Link #1500
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Another alternative is simply that the kyuubi had to much power to be contained by the death god.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.