AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-13, 02:10   Link #1
tenthirtyone

Romance anime with picky little things

Within the past couple weeks, I began to explore romance themed anime, and I am hooked (to an extent). I only have a little over a week before my spring semester starts and my college campus limits my ability to obtain anime quite badly. I been searching around anime series information websites, but I can't see to find anymore romance anime of "my type". Below are the series I liked a lot:
  • Air (TV,OVA, movie) - I loved the heartbreaking sadness.
  • Canvas 2 - At first I didn't like this because I thought it was harem, but it wasn't. I liked the relationships and struggles/conflicts.
  • Chobits - The depression is great.
  • Hanbun Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora - The setting was creative.
  • Honey & Clover (Both seasons) - Easily one of my favorites. The art college as the basis was very nice.
  • Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - The adult tone and how the relationships were formed/worked was nice.
  • Lamune - Touching. I didn't mind the slow pace of this series at all.
  • REC - Short but refreshing. Kinda weird, but I enjoyed it.
Basically, I like series that generally pretty serious (a little humor is alright, but not too much ecchi comedy) and don't focus too much on middle/high school life (Canvas 2 is really the only exception, but it still doesn't base too much on that imo). I also prefer a relatively non-fantasy and non-action basis for the story/plot. In addition, depressing/sad situtations and struggles that create the plot turns me on a lot (well not turn on, but it makes me like the series a lot more). Oh, and I really prefer if the series are unlicensed and somewhat new. Um... I thank the posters in advance and I apologize for English grammar/spelling mistakes (English isn't 1st my language).
Old 2007-01-13, 02:48   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Karin - very peculiar, it's about a "reverse vampire" (you'll understand watching). Golden comedy and humor.

Midori no Hibi - talk about creative. There's a bit of school life, but it really isn't the main factor of the series.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-01-13 at 03:24.
Old 2007-01-13, 05:41   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~ - you might think it is a harem, but it isn't. Just like Canvas its a triangle.

If you like Air, definitely watch Kanon (ongoing) - another KyoAni masterpiece

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu - short and emotional anime. The setting is not the most realistic one you can find, but i don't think it should be much of a problem here. OP might be missleading - the biggest amount of action you will see is in the OP
Old 2007-01-13, 12:29   Link #4
MamoruUsagi

There are lots of great romance anime/manga where the couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and has lots of kisses, had sex, gets engaged, gets married, has a wedding, has a child.

Bokura ga Ita

Marmalade Boy

Mars

Fushigi Yuugi

Ayashi no Ceres

Wild Act

Missile Happy!

Happy Hustle High

Kare First Love

Sailor Moon

Peach Girl

The Devil Does Exist

Fushigi Yugi

Bokura ga Ita

High School Debut

Akuma De Sourou

Ultra Cute

Absolute Boyfriend

Paradise Kiss

Love Attack

Sailor Moon is 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple are dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, get married, have a child, become king and queen.

Fushigi Yugi manga is a lot better than the anime. Fushigi Yuugi manga is much longer with more kisses, three proposals, two engagements, two weddings, more sex and more kissing.

Ceres manga is much longer than the anime with lots of making out in hotel rooms.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-25 at 17:00.
Closed Thread