AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-10, 18:06   Link #1
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
[manga] ANBU? Good for something? Good for nothing?

On a scale of 1-10, how good are the ANBU? Are they failures? Successes? Mediocre performers? What do people think about the ANBU?
__________________
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:09   Link #2
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Well, the only ones we saw in action were the troopers, who are about Chuunin level. As they are always opposed to strong antagonists, it's no wonder they are easily defeated.

The captains should be much tougher. The likes of Kakashi, Yamato and Itachi have not been in the ANBU for nothing.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:14   Link #3
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the shadows.....waiting
They should be strong to protect the hokage but throughout the entire series we see them get their asses kicked. As Rahan said the captins should be alot stronger even though they only specialize in a certain area.
__________________
Mangekyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:23   Link #4
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangekyo View Post
They should be strong to protect the hokage but throughout the entire series we see them get their asses kicked. As Rahan said the captins should be alot stronger even though they only specialize in a certain area.
Yeah The get their asses Kick, I mean How can possible a no Name ANBU with absolutely no plot importance to the story, Be defeated by Someone at the Level of Kakashi? someone like Kabuto. or a Kage level Shinoby that Almost no one is strong as him...Yeah those ANBU real are nothing.


Forget that people Like Kakashi, Jiriaiya (as it seems), Yamato, Sai, Itachi where in ANBU....those people are just too dam week, they should get back to the academy.

People, ANBU are just canon foders, they are created with the sole reason to be Killed/defeated/Deceived by others character to show how strong these characters are.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:25   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
I would give a 7 we have seen 3 anbu in the past leaving one Itachi all are jonin level maybe slightly above . And all these 3 ( Yama Kakashi Itachi ) are creme de la creme of Anbu each a Taicho in their respective time frames
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:26   Link #6
Mangekyo
mmm...cookies
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the shadows.....waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Yeah The get their asses Kick, I mean How can possible a no Name ANBU with absolutely no plot importance to the story, Be defeated by Someone at the Level of Kakashi? someone like Kabuto. or a Kage level Shinoby that Almost no one is strong as him...Yeah those ANBU real are nothing.


Forget that people Like Kakashi, Jiriaiya (as it seems), Yamato, Sai, Itachi where in ANBU....those people are just too dam week, they should get back to the academy.

People, ANBU are just canon foders, they are created with the sole reason to be Killed/defeated/Deceived by others character to show how strong these characters are.
Yeah!!!!..........um wait Funny.....
__________________
Mangekyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 19:33   Link #7
Kholdstare.
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Now I am not talking about previous ANBU members, like Itachi or Kakashi, or members that need to have proper presentation in the anime.

Example 1: During the attack on konoha, when oro was fighting the sandaime, and the soundnins lauched a shield, there was one anbu that just jumped in without taking anytime of preparation. He sees the shield, instead of throwing some jutsu or even tile at the shield to see the effect, he just jumps in, and bursts into flames.

Anbu: Sandaime !!!!!!
*jumps*
Anbu: aargh it burns
*cue music: burn baby burn, disco inferno*
Sandaime: Stupid fuck.

Now instead of thinking really hard on how to help the old geezer, they just stand there, do nothing, and watch how he dies. Now if someone intteligent stood there then they might of guessed that when they would go inside the building and then burst through the seeling without, getting burned by the shield and sarutobi might have survived the whole scene.

Example 2: Protecting Sasuke, against enemies, like Kabuto. Kabuto is almost the same as Kakashi in strength, but come on your bloody ANBU, you don't get there unless you have some special stuff up your sleeve and can perform atleast something that could get one person out of there and notify the rest.

Example 3: What on earth is with the cocky attitude, its more like kill first ask questions later, they don't even give proper explainations when someone sees a crime scene. Its more like: "Hey Kid have you seen something" "Uhhm Yess, what was that" "Okay kid, get the fuck out of here, and don't ask any questions" WOOSSH

Example 4: An ANBU member could not see through Naruto's Kurenai disguise, and people, we all know that naruto sucks at henge no jutsus, except for the kage bunshin. he couldn't even see through it and just let naruto pass if it was the most normal thing that kurenai would show up there, late at night.

there are many more things where ANBU sucks, but I am tired now and I am off to bed, ow and please be free to comment me on my vision that the current ANBU is higly overrated !
Kholdstare. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 19:42   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
What diffrantiates Anbu from the rest is they Handle Assasination primarily while the rest are given missions which may result in killing . Anbus are assasin Ninjas or the truest form of Ninjas in Narutoverse .

Ninjas in Japan were primarily assasins it was later their roles diversified .
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 20:09   Link #9
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare. View Post
Example 1: During the attack on konoha, when oro was fighting the sandaime, and the soundnins lauched a shield, there was one anbu that just jumped in without taking anytime of preparation. He sees the shield, instead of throwing some jutsu or even tile at the shield to see the effect, he just jumps in, and bursts into flames.
He jumped at the same moment the shield has been created, not to mention this one died specifically to show the reader what would had happened is a human came in contact with the barrier.

Quote:
Now instead of thinking really hard on how to help the old geezer, they just stand there, do nothing, and watch how he dies. Now if someone intteligent stood there then they might of guessed that when they would go inside the building and then burst through the seeling without, getting burned by the shield and sarutobi might have survived the whole scene.
No, the problem is that there was no other way, the only way to get trough it was basically breaking one of the 4 sustainer of the gates from the inside, which those 4 sustainer immediately created a Barrier from within to protect themselves from any incoming attack from Sandaime.

If it was just to create a Hole in the building, Sandaime or even Naruto would had thought of that, so basically the Seal also protected from beneath.

Quote:
Example 2: Protecting Sasuke, against enemies, like Kabuto. Kabuto is almost the same as Kakashi in strength, but come on your bloody ANBU, you don't get there unless you have some special stuff up your sleeve and can perform atleast something that could get one person out of there and notify the rest.
Thats the problem, Kabuto, just like Kakashi are just too damm good for A Normal Shinoby, is like saying That 2 ANBUS are suposed to defeat Orochimaru also.

And In fact, the same Kakshi got aware that Kabuto was not normal, And even Kakshi himself after seen Kabuto, needed to train because he did not knew People that strong were working under Oro.

Quote:
Example 3: What on earth is with the cocky attitude, its more like kill first ask questions later, they don't even give proper explainations when someone sees a crime scene. Its more like: "Hey Kid have you seen something" "Uhhm Yess, what was that" "Okay kid, get the fuck out of here, and don't ask any questions" WOOSSH

Example 4: An ANBU member could not see through Naruto's Kurenai disguise, and people, we all know that naruto sucks at henge no jutsus, except for the kage bunshin. he couldn't even see through it and just let naruto pass if it was the most normal thing that kurenai would show up there, late at night.

there are many more things where ANBU sucks, but I am tired now and I am off to bed, ow and please be free to comment me on my vision that the current ANBU is higly overrated !
Those 2 examples represent absolutely NOTHING, because they are just fillers, which doesn't represent Kishis Idea.

If ANBU would had not been that good, top Jounins as kakashi and Gai wouldn't bee relying on them to begin with.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 20:17   Link #10
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
[EDIT] damn Rurik beat me on every point... damn me and my taking time to actually double check info while writing a post >.<... and not refreshing the page before i post...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 20:23   Link #11
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
[EDIT] damn Rurik beat me on every point... damn me and my taking time to actually double check info while writing a post >.<... and not refreshing the page before i post...
I know how that feels, Reason why I created a Habit of actually checking the thread once more before actually posting a freaking essay.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 21:06   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
It's obvious that ANBU is supposed to be an elite organization given that ninja such as Kakashi and Itachi were once in their ranks, but as a whole, they have had some pretty embarrasing defeats and haven't been very effective in any story arc. I follow a simple rule of thumb for ANBU. If you see one without their mask, then they are exceptional and live up to the reputation that was originally given to ANBU. Sai, Yamato and most likely Hayate's girlfriend all fall under this category. The ones that never take off their masks are 'disposable' and will be easy prey for enemies. Kabuto's victims fall under this category. The very fact that they wear masks is probably somewhat of a device by Kishi to minimize any emotional attachment to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Forget that people Like Kakashi, Jiriaiya (as it seems), Yamato, Sai, Itachi where in ANBU....those people are just too dam week, they should get back to the academy.
When was it mentioned that Jiraiya was ever in ANBU?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 21:32   Link #13
Strmwng
Ex-High Priest of Yalort
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Strmwng
When you see the flash back of Jiraiya facing orochimaru when he leaves konoha.
Jirairya is in ANBU uniform but with out mask.Manga chapter 237, Ep 135 of anime bout 3/4 way threw. When hes talking to naruto in hospital. he has a black and white flash back...
__________________
Strmwng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 22:08   Link #14
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Ah, yes. That's right. I had forgotten about that. Jiraiya didn't strike me as the ANBU type, being so over-the-top.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 22:10   Link #15
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strmwng View Post
When you see the flash back of Jiraiya facing orochimaru when he leaves konoha.
Jirairya is in ANBU uniform but with out mask.Manga chapter 237, Ep 135 of anime bout 3/4 way threw. When hes talking to naruto in hospital. he has a black and white flash back...
Thanks for saving me the explanation

I used "it seems" in my previous post, because there is no quote that says he was an ANBU, just the visual info we have. as I think thats good enough to say he was one
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 02:23   Link #16
onepiecelover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Classified Info :P
Age: 25
Well they normally suck but since I like their masks I will give them a 7.5/10
__________________
Lets make the worlds biggest cotton candy......
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 03:22   Link #17
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 32
well all anbu we have seen kisked around but stop...
all the anbus we seen were against people who were enough powerfull to take out them...it doesnt make them stupids...they are just overpowered...

they did take part in konoha invasion in the counter attack...(not talking about sandaime stuff) + what do you expect they are mostly jounin...
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 06:05   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
He jumped at the same moment the shield has been created, not to mention this one died specifically to show the reader what would had happened is a human came in contact with the barrier.
He survived actually.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 06:16   Link #19
amOKchen
duel me
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 29
ANBU people should all be above chunin level from what i've understood.

My guess is chunins are handpicked to become ANBU if they got potential good combat skills that fits the ANBU missions - this is where they are until jounin level.
Then they either become ANBU squadleader(jounin) or teachers for genin/chunin and attends missions with them.

Rating them 7/10
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 08:17   Link #20
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
I think ANBU are pretty cool figures in Naruto....and it's just a shame that we see only their failures. ANBU are the real ninja (atleast how real ninja's are described....)

If i am correct...Jiraiya, Kakashi, Itachi & Yamato were all former ANBU (squad leader) members..
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.