AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 04:26   Link #2181
Sander RX

There have been some Mobile Suits equiped with flamethrowers like Fire Wallaby and MS are generally better armored than KFMs.
Quote:
KMF's who are about as well armored and much faster
Cant agree,KMFs have generally light armor and rely on their mobility for defence.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 05:18   Link #2182
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Does anyone here think that KMFs are horribly unstable and vulnerable to tanks (assuming same tech levels of course)?
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 10:42   Link #2183
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Does anyone here think that KMFs are horribly unstable and vulnerable to tanks (assuming same tech levels of course)?
KMFs are not tank replacements, they are infantry replacements. Tanks are still used in the Geass universe.

The thin KMF armor means they aren't designed to go toe-to-toe with tanks. Not until beam shields and force fields did the KMF became strong enough to replace tanks.

And there is also the point about pride; Britannian Knightmares are all piloted by nobles, which means style is just as important as substance. The culture inherited from Arthurian legends shaped Britannian military thinking.
Old 2009-01-21, 11:06   Link #2184
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
KMFs are not tank replacements, they are infantry replacements. Tanks are still used in the Geass universe.

The thin KMF armor means they aren't designed to go toe-to-toe with tanks. Not until beam shields and force fields did the KMF became strong enough to replace tanks.

And there is also the point about pride; Britannian Knightmares are all piloted by nobles, which means style is just as important as substance. The culture inherited from Arthurian legends shaped Britannian military thinking.
Ah, makes more sense then. Wonder why Britannia's offensives always focus on the Frames rather than armoured assaults though.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 22:52   Link #2185
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Lost Planet's Final Mech > Code Geass's Knightmares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyWHH...elated&search=

This mech would destroy the entire Knights

(Sorry about compairing, i do it just for fun, not for offical stuff)

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-01-24 at 00:03.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 10:20   Link #2186
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I kinda liked the mechs in R1...every one of them(even the later ones) stayed at the line of possibility(even the army-slayer hadron cannon...i quess it was on low power settings that time).
But in R2 the new knightmares are felt like a kind of out of world. Not even 2 years and the whole britanian army has flying knighmares with the abilites exeeding the old R1 Lancelot(exept the blaze luminous shielding).
I'm kinda wondered how can they put that many weapons and systems into the Mordred...swarms of missile tubes, a Huge hadron cannon that can even work as a blaze luminous shield...i felt it a bit off. Even the transforming Knighmare the Tristan have more place(but i don't know why the heck have close combat weapons...it can be more like a Valkyre from macross, but it become some kind of ox of roles). the Shen-hu and the Lacelot was ok and even the Gurren is acceptable but the upgraded "ninth generation frames" are a way too flashy...Energy wings working as beam weapons? gurren hand with a long cabling? This isn't Super Robot Wars! The whole R2 somewhat losed it's military feeling because of the OP special units...
Use of Knightmares?
2 kind of: 1st: Urban Combat. Lightweight and mobile(can even climb the walls), with it's smal size(4.5-5m) it have no real problem in the most building...effectively almost take every roles of the foot soldiers(perhaps if the foot soldiers can wear powered armour it's another case, then they can be great anti-knightmare units).
2nd: Rapid deployment...light and easily transportable, with enough punch to threaten a tank...it's a great early form of attack.It can't hold the front as much as a tank but it can be where we want faster than a tank.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 13:42   Link #2187
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
How come no one thought about equipping Knightmares with flamethrowers?
Because there are far superior close-range weapons available.

@ willyvereb - Agreed, I'm almost surprised Rakshata didn't outright build a Mazinger for Lelouch in the last few eps.
Old 2009-02-15, 07:59   Link #2188
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

that claims a good video where Mazigner's(maybe Maizgnkaiser's) pilot changed to Lelouch!:P...plain hilarious!
Old 2009-02-16, 04:44   Link #2189
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Because there are far superior close-range weapons available.
Now KMFs with the strongest plasma weaponry the tech guys can make OTOH....
Old 2009-02-16, 07:16   Link #2190
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

The problem is that we have the radiation weave weaponry...it's much more better for cleaning buildings and for close combat. And there's no plasma weaponry in the Code Geass world...
Old 2009-03-13, 09:55   Link #2191
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
a different question
does every guren based flight enabled unit posses the gefun net
so far during the show we have only seen the guren use it (and never effectivly, since its bloody useless)
but since all of rakshata's float units all look the same as the gurens (the gefun net is installed inside the float unit attachment) then could they all potentially posses them
i say guren based units becosue the units that have a britannian cockpit dont have the same attachment

and while we're at it
i dont think Lloyd is resposible for the rocket punch ability of the SEITEN's arm
i think its part of the original design of the kasoshiki
the arm itself has a connection near the shoulder that looks like a slash harken cable chamber (the part that the spike comes out of
and in ep 12 he talks about the guren to suzaku and gilford and one of the details that appear in the right arm is "rocket harken"
i think its something that kallen just never had a chance to use before (she only used the guren twice before that after all)

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-03-13 at 13:59.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 02:48   Link #2192
LelouchZer0

My favorite mech in Code Geass is Kallen's Gurren.
What amazes me in this mecha is the skeleton-like arm with a powerful radiation wave. Plus, it gets more powerful when it acquired flight systems.

By the way, in your opinion, which is the better flight system?
Britannia or Black Knights?
Old 2009-05-20, 03:43   Link #2193
pumpkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchZer0 View Post
My favorite mech in Code Geass is Kallen's Gurren.
What amazes me in this mecha is the skeleton-like arm with a powerful radiation wave. Plus, it gets more powerful when it acquired flight systems.

By the way, in your opinion, which is the better flight system?
Britannia or Black Knights?
hehe, isnt that just comparing Llyod & Rakshata? hrm, to me the flight systems of both are kinda similar, still i prefer the Guren to the Lancelot.. it looks so much cooler with the claw.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 04:33   Link #2194
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

yeah...
but the lancelot starts off stronger
it has much more weapon systems and built in shields and stuff
the guren only has one REAL weapon (which doubles as a shield, so its either or)

until the SEITEN upgrade at least
then its more high spec (or so were told)
which makes little sense when you think about it
Lloyed and cecile built both units
and they had a full month to pimp up the albion after the guren was stolen
you'd think that if they found the time to upgrade the energy wings they would have had time to twik up the over all machine capbilities
especially in light of the fact that Lloyed actually DESIGNED the lancelot rather then just played around with it like he did the guren

and about the flight systems
i'd say i prefer the glide wings to the float units
they just look cooler and give off that X-wing feel
Old 2009-05-20, 05:05   Link #2195
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hmm. Well, with the glide wings, if one of the wings gets broken off, the Knightmare Frame can still fly, although with much difficulty, as we've seen with the Shen-Hu. A Float Unit, though, would probably become useless if one of its wings get broken off.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:09   Link #2196
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hmm. Well, with the glide wings, if one of the wings gets broken off, the Knightmare Frame can still fly, although with much difficulty, as we've seen with the Shen-Hu. A Float Unit, though, would probably become useless if one of its wings get broken off.
and it looks far less combersome when not in use while the KMF is on the ground (the float system is HUGE when not in use)

but then again britannian float systems come in different versions
the lancelot uses what looks like a standard one
but all the KoR use different unit designs (the galahad's and percival's look the most radically differnt)
Old 2009-05-20, 08:09   Link #2197
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
yeah...
but the lancelot starts off stronger
it has much more weapon systems and built in shields and stuff
the guren only has one REAL weapon (which doubles as a shield, so its either or)
Is there any place in the series or early side materials that directly state this in regards to movement speeds?

Otherwise I'd argue that the Guren could be considered stronger. Lancelot may have had more weapons, but in terms of quantity over quality Narita showed us that the Guren's arm could handle every single on of those weapons and in rapid succesion.

Kallen took both of the Lancelot's hip harkens, an MVS, and a point blank VARIS shot with no mention of the Radiant Surger being taxed, overheating, or running low on radiation. It was the fall down the cliff that damaged it.

I would like to paraphrase/bastardize an Aesop fable if I may:
Suzaku: My Lancelot has so many gadgets! I've got 4 slash harkens, two MVS swords, two arm mounted energy shields, and a rifle that can overpower a rail-cannon, what about you Kallen? How many weapons do you have?

Kallen: Just one. But that one is a Radiant Wave Surger!

Also, I wouldn't say the arm was it's only REAL weapon, it also had the chest slash harken, an imbedded grenade launcher, and the fork knife.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 08:25   Link #2198
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

suzaku seems to indicate that the guren's speed can match the lancelot's in ep 11

the guren's other weapons never actually come into play except on a very few number of occations (the canon only gets used 3 times in 50 eps, the harken even less as a weapon, and the knife is for defeanse only at that stage)
the arm is the only real weapon that it has becosue its the only weapon that has any effect against anything other then mooks
and the main weapon is also the shield which means the guren cant attack and defend at the same time

add to that the fact that it has no long range attack and you are left with a machine that would normally be used mainly for defense positions
its only kallen's skill that make it an effective offensive weapon (she points out that zero should be using it becouse of its better defense)

by contrast, when it gets upgraded into the SEITEN it gets several new weapon systems that actually work (MVS, harkens, the wings)
and you can actually see a change in kallen's fighting style following the upgrade where she starts using the other weapon systems more then the arm (in the final fight with suzaku she only uses the arm as a weapon twice on screen, and once as a propelent rather then an attack)
before the upgrade she relays almost entirely on the arm becouse its the only real effective weapon the guren has

the lancelot has 4 harkens that have boosters (meaning they can control their flight) 2 MVS swords and the varis (an extremly powerful long range weapon)
all of these weapons prove to be effective and are used repeatedly against any enemy he faces
in addition to all this it also has shields
which means that it can use any one of its weapons AND use a shield at the same time or use any weapon with any one of its arms (or both arms at the same time)
which is ironiclly the way he beats her in ep 25 of season 1
the arm is busy attacking so it cant be used as a shield which enables him to destroy it
which leaves her without any real weapons or a shield (while he has a long range one)
also, by that point he can also fly, which makes the guren's weakness of close range weapons only plainly clear

which is why i say that the lancelot starts off stronger
it can lose almost all of its weapon systems AND one of its arms
and still be effective as both an offensive AND defensive weapon
the guren is completely dependet on its arm for both offense and defeanse

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-05-20 at 08:43.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 09:19   Link #2199
Betteroffer

True, she doesn't use the weapons, but this doesn't mean they wouldn't be viable if used. The harken was at least as strong as Britannian model harkens, and the grenade launcher was able to down a sutherland in one shot.

I will agree that the Guren is completely dependent on the arm for defense, but only mostly so for offense. The fact that the arm could take anything thrown at it tells me it was more powerful than all the Lancelot's weapons, thus I would say that the Guren is stronger than the Lancelot, but the Lancelot is much more versatile than the Guren, even though I will admit versatility is a strength.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 09:47   Link #2200
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

The lancelot can (and does) lose half of it's weapons in a battle and it's still a tie,but when ever the guren loses it arm it's viewed as a loss

Tags
mecha