AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-12, 20:18   Link #381
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
And the blaster is a deployable attachment, meaning he can just recede it back into the float unit anyway so I doubt he could actually lose it. The VARIS maybe but not the actual Hadron booster in any case >_>
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:26   Link #382
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
It does sort of stick out though. And while the power output of the Lancelot has been increased, it still may not always be the best idea for it to be equipped all the time.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:28   Link #383
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It does sort of stick out though. And while the power output of the Lancelot has been increased, it still may not always be the best idea for it to be equipped all the time.
That's the point.

Conquista may be powered up to use the float for a bit and also resist the Gefjun Disturber, but thinking that can support a full-armed cannon for all missions seems outragous.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:30   Link #384
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
That's the point.

Conquista may be powered up to use the float for a bit and also resist the Gefjun Disturber, but thinking that can support a full-armed cannon for all missions seems outragous.
Well, it's just something to have in case of emergency. And the output is much bigger like I pointed out. It's not like he has to use it if he doesn't feel he needs to, he can just put it back into the pack, not actually fire it or anything. So I don't see why he couldn't have it on all the time from now on... <_<
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:35   Link #385
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, it's just something to have in case of emergency. And the output is much bigger like I pointed out. It's not like he has to use it if he doesn't feel he needs to, he can just put it back into the pack, not actually fire it or anything. So I don't see why he couldn't have it on all the time from now on... <_<
Because he'll be carrying a lot more weight by having a energy-eating cannon that's useful for destroying hordes of enemies rather than close combat?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:38   Link #386
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Because he'll be carrying a lot more weight by having a energy-eating cannon that's useful for destroying hordes of enemies rather than close combat?
Now wait a sec, you might as well toss the whole float system if that's the case and from all indication it's a permanent part of the Lancelot now. And how is it heavy? It's like a small rod attachment to the VARIS itself <_<
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:42   Link #387
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Now wait a sec, you might as well toss the whole float system if that's the case and from all indication it's a permanent part of the Lancelot now.
The float itself already gives out the lift to carry it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And how is it heavy? It's like a small rod attachment to the VARIS itself <_<
It's the other way around: The VARIS is docked to the backpack-mounted Hadron Blaster to get the blast.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:52   Link #388
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
omg they have "impulse" now, when will we see "legend" or "freedom", etc
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:52   Link #389
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The float itself already gives out the lift to carry it around.



It's the other way around: The VARIS is docked to the backpack-mounted Hadron Blaster to get the blast.
In any event it doesn't appear to be nearly as heavy as you suggest it is since the VARIS is the actual weapon here >_>
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:55   Link #390
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
omg they have "impulse" now, when will we see "legend" or "freedom", etc
This isn't Gundam so don't expect any of that.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:06   Link #391
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
In any event it doesn't appear to be nearly as heavy as you suggest it is since the VARIS is the actual weapon here >_>
Let's see....



The thing in the red circle is the Hadron Blaster.



The thing in the gree circle is the VARIS.


You're saying that the backpack isn't big or heavy?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:15   Link #392
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Only the extenstion would be heavy. The Float Unit has become permanent.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:17   Link #393
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Only the extenstion would be heavy. The Float Unit has become permanent.
It's hard to draw a circle that does not include the Float.


And yes, I know that the Float is permanent, and that it shouldn't be a problem given the powerup in it's drive.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:19   Link #394
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Oh, I thought you meant the whole thing. I'd say the extension is just an add on for now though, given screenshots.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:21   Link #395
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Oh, I thought you meant the whole thing. I'd say the extension is just an add on for now though, given screenshots.
It's been confirmed that the Blaster is an add-on.

This is mainly an "argument" on whether the Blaster will be added for every single mission.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:23   Link #396
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I'd say it will likely be equipped most of the time, but not all.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:32   Link #397
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
If the float unit is permanently attached why is there a pic of Lancelot (with its new leg shields so its not an old pic) without it on its profile?
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:34   Link #398
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
That's an old pic. It was said in magazines it was permanent. There also isn't much reason to take it off now.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:39   Link #399
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
No but it could get knocked or ripped off.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:42   Link #400
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
No but it could get knocked or ripped off.
Without much loss, since it's an add-on
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.