AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-27, 22:07   Link #1001
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Why would he counter the abilities of something in his possession? Also, had he done to the Lancelot what he did to the Guren, Suzaku wouldn't be able to pilot it, either.
Old 2008-07-27, 22:10   Link #1002
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
from the subs i have i gather that they turned the guren in to the next shen-hu
where they got carried away and built a machine that no pilot can fly
at least they say that suzaku cant fly it (he is their best pilot)
but it would make sense that kallen could fly it (under stress but still)
they say that women can handle more G force then man
plus she has more expiriance with the guren's weapon systems then anyone else
i cant wait to see it in action
Agree they have pretty much turned the Guren into a unit almost no one can use. Though if hax Suzaku can't pilot it can anyone? Thought they meant that they would have wanted him to pilot the Guren, but with Freya being loaded onto the Lancelot they need him there. Since he's the only one that can handle the Lancelot. Possible I got the meaning wrong and they meant that they would have wanted him to use the Guren, but went to far with the upgrades and made it so he can't use it.

At any rate the new Guren should be something impressive. It was already extremely powerful before so it really didn't need to be improved further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Why would he counter the abilities of something in his possession? Also, had he done to the Lancelot what he did to the Guren, Suzaku wouldn't be able to pilot it, either.
Well at least I'm sure it still has counters put in place if not improved for the Gefjun Disturbers. Lakshata has already shown what she can do and has used them on multiple occasions so makes sense to make the defences as strong there as possible.
Old 2008-07-27, 22:12   Link #1003
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Why wouldn't he for one thing its made by Rakshata and he made a counter for the Gefun Disturbers in the Conquesta before her upgrade, I think he maeant in the FMP sense meaning that only Suzaku should stay with the Lancelot since he wouldn't to fuly grasp the Guren's potential as he's done with the Lancelot.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 22:18   Link #1004
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

As an aside, FMP? Anyway, given their talk of modifications, they're drawing a parallel with the Shenhu, another Knightmare so hi-spec that it's painful to pilot.

He made the Disturber upgrade to counter an enemy weapon. Countering friendly weapons is a waste of time.
Old 2008-07-27, 23:06   Link #1005
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
As an aside, FMP? Anyway, given their talk of modifications, they're drawing a parallel with the Shenhu, another Knightmare so hi-spec that it's painful to pilot.

He made the Disturber upgrade to counter an enemy weapon. Countering friendly weapons is a waste of time.
After the times the Guren has attacked Lancelot isn't it possible he came up with some possibilities before they captured it? Plus its not like anything is stopping Lakshata from making a similar weapon for other units on their side. Having it right there would be a good chance to do some research and come up with some counters. Worst case its something added onto the Lancelot that they don't need.
Old 2008-07-27, 23:09   Link #1006
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

True enough. They already have the radiation missiles, and I think if they could defend against pure radiation they'd have managed it by now. Aside from the arm, it isn't equipped with anything else to counter, and I can't see them countering its main weapon.
Old 2008-07-28, 10:21   Link #1007
faiz blaster

After re-watching the episode I came with the conclusion that the reason why Suzaku is not piloting the upgraded Guren is because the Freya is being equipped on the Lancelot and they need him to handle it. Otherwise, Lloyd wouldn't have said "Congratulations! Its your show, devicer." The issue is that the problematic line was translated as "something that no one could pilot," when it would be more correct to say "not just anyone can pilot it".

That aside, a few things came to my attention in this new episode:

1. While Guren is already upgraded, the Lancelot is still in its Conquista form. That in mind, depending of when Karen escapes with the new machine, theories that the Albion will be tuned to counter the new Guren are not so far-fetched.

2. On the preview we see the Galahad fighting the Shen-Hu and is now clear that the the big thing on its back in not only Excalibur's scabbard, but also a custom float unit. By the way, the weapon itself seems to be a mix of mass/energy sword just like the ones seen on Gundam Seed.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:28   Link #1008
Grandmaster Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
2. On the preview we see the Galahad fighting the Shen-Hu and is now clear that the the big thing on its back in not only Excalibur's scabbard, but also a custom float unit. By the way, the weapon itself seems to be a mix of mass/energy sword just like the ones seen on Gundam Seed.
Somehow a Giant MVS just doesn't look right, so I guess the creators had to figure something else out =.=.

I wonder how Shen Hu is going to fight Galahad, will he finally fight full power? btw was the 40% thing about the Baryon Cannon or the Shen Hu in general?
Grandmaster Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:37   Link #1009
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster Moron View Post
Somehow a Giant MVS just doesn't look right, so I guess the creators had to figure something else out =.=.

I wonder how Shen Hu is going to fight Galahad, will he finally fight full power? btw was the 40% thing about the Baryon Cannon or the Shen Hu in general?
Shen Hu in general.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:45   Link #1010
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Shen Hu in general.
About that, why are they calling the new Guren the most powerful when from my knowledge they only tweaked and upgraded what was already there. So that means the old drawbacks will still limit it, whereas the Shen Hu was built to be a monster that no one could pilot at full without being killed by the thing.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:52   Link #1011
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
About that, why are they calling the new Guren the most powerful when from my knowledge they only tweaked and upgraded what was already there. So that means the old drawbacks will still limit it, whereas the Shen Hu was built to be a monster that no one could pilot at full without being killed by the thing.
Likely the only person to know that Shen Hu's pilot can only bring out 40% of its potential is Lakshata. She was the one who made it, after all, and not Lloyd. He likely doesn't know if its capabilities.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:54   Link #1012
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Likely the only person to know that Shen Hu's pilot can only bring out 40% of its potential is Lakshata. She was the one who made it, after all, and not Lloyd. He likely doesn't know if its capabilities.
Good point, I was applying my audience priveledge to the characters. I suppose this, then stretches more from people calling the new Guren a clone off of the GS-uber mechs that appeared at the end. Where, in reality, the uber mech already appeared in the form of the Shen-hu.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 22:37   Link #1013
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Nah, when they said no one can pilot it they meant that no MEN can pilot it. It's probably very uncomfortable for anyone with balls to pilot the Guren given its pilot seat....

J/K, J/K.

From the preview it looks like the Percival will fight Shen Hu, just like I predicted a couple of weeks back
EDIT: was it the Galahad or Percival? I need to watch it again....

Last edited by JackRydden224; 2008-07-28 at 22:48.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 22:46   Link #1014
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Nah, when they said no one can pilot it they meant that no MEN can pilot it. It's probably very uncomfortable for anyone with balls to pilot the Guren given its pilot seat.... J/K, J/K.
I think this is true, it really does look uncomfortable for guys to pilot it.

THE MECH FOR KNIGHT OF ONE IS SEXY!!!!!!!
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 22:48   Link #1015
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post

Toudou and Asahina doesn't seem to have much of a problem though....unless you are suggesting they lack certain male characteristics.... Maybe that is the reason why two of the male Four Swords were killed.
Old 2008-07-28, 23:01   Link #1016
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post

I feel sorry for Xingke and Jeremiah (not so much Jeremiah)
I wonder who will be the one to put it down
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 00:04   Link #1017
mysociallink2

Quote:
True enough. They already have the radiation missiles, and I think if they could defend against pure radiation they'd have managed it by now. Aside from the arm, it isn't equipped with anything else to counter, and I can't see them countering its main weapon.
Do you think they will come up with something to defend against the pure radiation?

mysociallink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 00:06   Link #1018
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

No, the Guren would be useless otherwise. Besides, they won't do it this late into the series.
Old 2008-07-29, 06:54   Link #1019
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysociallink2 View Post
Do you think they will come up with something to defend against the pure radiation?

Not really. It's radiation surge may be extremely powerful but it is rather slow acting. Take EP 6, when its used against the float equipped Sutherlands and Guilfords Vincent it destroys the mook units but takes a while to overload his unit.

It's less powerful than a hadron cannon which destroys a unit completely in one shot, while it damages the mech over time. I guess to make up for this drawback they had to make it an unblockable attack.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 07:06   Link #1020
Dream_Traveller
Banned

The only reason Guilford's Vincent lasted longer was because of plot armor. They needed to keep him alive for later episodes, so they made his Frame last long enough for him to eject.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha