AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-01, 11:31   Link #1081
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Its possible the Excalibur beam sword can cut through defensive beam shield and can use as anti-ship sword.
Wasn't there something that said the Galahad's sword was the greatest offensive and defensive weapon? Could the pink glow have something to do with the shielding that's used in CG?

And, yeah, I definitely think that massive thing could slice into the side of a ship or building or whatever it wants.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:34   Link #1082
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
The glow is probably vibration similar to the maser swords, or some kind of field around the blade which gives it a very thin edge.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:40   Link #1083
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The glow is probably vibration similar to the maser swords, or some kind of field around the blade which gives it a very thin edge.
Ah...but that doesn't explain the defensive bit, does it?
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:47   Link #1084
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
By the same token, whatever that glow is probably makes the sword damn near unbreakable.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 12:32   Link #1085
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
By the same token, whatever that glow is probably makes the sword damn near unbreakable.
Definitely. I'm just wondering if maybe Bismarck will be able to manipulate the glow to form a shield or something. Perhaps it's some new technology that has been pioneered specifically for Excalibur.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:19   Link #1086
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
I wonder if Zangetsu blade can handle the Excalibur sword.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:25   Link #1087
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
I wonder if Zangetsu blade can handle the Excalibur sword.
Uh...no, but we'll see
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 23:26   Link #1088
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
What about Shinkirou's shielding, then? What is that referred to as?
"Absolute Protection Field", IIRC.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 14:08   Link #1089
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA!!
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
"Absolute Protection Field", IIRC.
its an AT field! lol JK
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 19:36   Link #1090
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Well, seems that the Sutherland Sieg is indeed the giant mecha in space in the OP:
Spoiler for Big image:
__________________

General of the Trap Army.


Nekomimi Mode!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 20:48   Link #1091
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
It's amazing how the above space image is such a ghastly reminder of Gundam and the One Year War. It looks JUST like a Mobile Armor (minus the one red eye).

I have to speculate that Sakuradite is involved with the sword itself. I wouldn't be surprised if the sword (which is REALLY BIG) was powered purely by Sakuradite like Knightmares are, which could give the sword immense power. It's feasible that a Sakuradite power source could give the sword such powerful shielding and such a sharp blade.

Now, that's speculation on what powers it. As for what the shielding actually IS... I'd say it isn't as much related to the Absolute Protection Field. It's most likely some shielding that runs similarly to the APF, but works directly on the sword rather than around it. The APF defends by apparently manifesting barriers away from the object it was mounted on. The sword has more of a layer of shielding on it rather than a protection field.

Obviously I'm not sure about a lot of that... But if you asked me about my theories, I'd give you the above. Sakuradite powered, shield-layered sword.

All in all, the Knight of One and his sword make me want to puke. The fact that he calls it Excalibur, just makes me wish I had a gun and bullets. Him or me, whichever comes first. Code Geass seems to run on unoriginality. First there was the United Federation of Nations, and now we have Excalibur.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 20:55   Link #1092
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
What do you mean first? How long have you been here exactly? Because last I looked Arthurian references to the mech's and what not has been a basic stable for this series since the beginning. Unoriginal can be said of a lot of aspects of the show, its all about the application that makes it different. A boy receives mysterious powers from a contract with a strange girl, been there seen that, giant mech's in an morally challenged and generally unclear war, hell the company who makes this series has made that type of story iconic, and a rampaging genius out to change the world was done by Death Note. Now, taking that altogether, turning it into a rampaging genius who uses his mysterious power to create a terrorist organization in order to fight a morally ambiguous war, not something I've run into a lot myself.
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:08   Link #1093
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Now, taking that altogether, turning it into a rampaging genius who uses his mysterious power to create a terrorist organization in order to fight a morally ambiguous war, not something I've run into a lot myself.
I almost agree with you, except for the part where you claim BK is a terrorist organsation.

BK is a lot of things. And its early members did originally came from a small terrorist group, but usage of the world "terrorist" is entirely inappropriate. The only reason the word was even used to describe them was for Britannian propaganda purposes.

Unless you think the word "terrorist" mean "anyone who is my enemy"?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:11   Link #1094
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I almost agree with you, except for the part where you claim BK is a terrorist organsation.

BK is a lot of things. And its early members did originally came from a small terrorist group, but usage of the world "terrorist" is entirely inappropriate. The only reason the word was even used to describe them was for Britannian propaganda purposes.

Unless you think the word "terrorist" mean "anyone who is my enemy"?
I suppose in that perspective then yes, the term would apply there.

Alright, alright, let's see we'll call them... a paramilitary organization. Doesn't get things across in terms of simplicity but it'll do I guess
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:19   Link #1095
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I suppose in that perspective then yes, the term would apply there.

Alright, alright, let's see we'll call them... a paramilitary organization. Doesn't get things across in terms of simplicity but it'll do I guess
Sorry about that. I hope I didn't come across as being arragant; it's just that terrorisim is a word that is almost as destroyed as patriotisim these days.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:27   Link #1096
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sorry about that. I hope I didn't come across as being arragant; it's just that terrorisim is a word that is almost as destroyed as patriotisim these days.
Don't worry about it, I take it in stride myself that those terms are destroyed in terms of there applied context, one persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter, and another persons patriot could be someone else's fanatical zealot in turn, which is why I didn't think it was that big a deal to say at first
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 22:22   Link #1097
Ketro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Well, seems that the Sutherland Sieg is indeed the giant mecha in space in the OP:
Spoiler for Big image:
I love it how the Sieg looks so cool, then you just see a little Sutherland head sticking out from nowhere
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 23:26   Link #1098
Miraploy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Don't worry about it, I take it in stride myself that those terms are destroyed in terms of there applied context, one persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter, and another persons patriot could be someone else's fanatical zealot in turn, which is why I didn't think it was that big a deal to say at first
I think it's quite simple. They're not terrorists because they're not attacking the civilian population or out to create terror. They're just like the Rebel Alliance. Except cooler.
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 06:01   Link #1099
True Warrior
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juken Club, Todo Academy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
I think it's quite simple. They're not terrorists because they're not attacking the civilian population or out to create terror. They're just like the Rebel Alliance. Except cooler.
minus cooler, and you have your answer
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 07:36   Link #1100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
minus cooler, and you have your answer
If the original Star Wars trilogy was filmed today, the Rebel Alliance would certainly be called Terrorists by Emperor Palpatine. But it is a sad day indeed that the word had lost its original punch in this day and age; by using the word irresponsibly, it no longer mean anything like what it used to mean.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.