AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-23, 00:31   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Yeah, it sounds highly unlikely Ikkaku achieved bankai at that time. As Urahara mentioned, when Ichigo left he was about a 3rd or 4th seat. Unless we patently can prove that Urahara intentionally meant "a 3rd or 4th seat that was actually near captain level, with bankai, but pretending to be only at the same level as other 3rd or 4th seats", then I'd say this either shows Kubotite means to show there is variable power levels in his ranking system (i.e., more political than a power ranking), or has no idea what he's doing.
Ichigo was 3rd or 4 th seat when he left In all his fights Ichigo is at first losing then powers up by sheer will and heart . Ichigo's rate of growth is exponential . Though currently V-Ichigo isthe weakest of vizards due to his bad hollow control but Hichigo he is stronger than most Taichos Hichigo is the true guage of Ichigo's powers thats what he is capable of with proper hollow side control
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 01:09   Link #82
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Didn't he justsay something like it didn't want to become captain, therefore doesn't want anyone to know?

However it's still not logic: He was completely loosing to Ichigo. So he rather dies to keep it a secret, instead of going all out to win? In this case he is clearly not at the right place in Kenpachi's division. If Kenpachi is ever going to know this he will probably very very angry.
Think thats a plothole coz as the story goes he helped Renji with bankai training . Renji Vs Ichigo and Ichigo Vs Ikkaku the time period duration is just days . When Renji is in his cell Zabimaru materializes , Materialization of a Zanapakuto into user's world is first stage of bankai and shikai is negation to that .

As I said its plothole or he couldnt contol bankai properly only logical/culpable reason but that seems to farfetched as when its a matter of life/death you really dont care you go all out .
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 01:13   Link #83
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
My memories is falling me >.<

Isnt that he says he wanted to follow Zaraki till death? thats why he dont wanna be a captain..

Quote:
If Kenpachi is ever going to know this he will probably very very angry.
But if he do show his true power its the same, Zaraki would still be mad at him because he is hiding his power too.

Show his power and fight Zaraki (prolly beat Zaraki and then get shove off to other division as Captain -- end result, got separate from 11th division), -OR- Not show full power and die under 11th division (follow Zaraki till death) ?

@_@
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 01:19   Link #84
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Show his power and fight Zaraki (prolly beat Zaraki and then get shove off to other division as Captain -- end result, got separate from 11th division)
I dont think Ikkaku is strong enough to beat Zaraki . When they first fought they were nobodies . Together they rose to indivivual ranks , if Ikkaku has grown so has Zaraki . And Zaraki is on of the stronger Taichos .

Without even defeating Zaraki its is possible for Ikkaku to be a Taicho due to 3 Taicho positions being vacant . I mean Renji suggest him exactly that but he refuses . On a lighter note seeing Pachinko Head in a Taicho uniform will be Kakakoi ne xP
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 02:13   Link #85
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Thats why I said probably , but even if he lose, he could no longer afford to stay in 11th division forever... Old man would probably assign him to other vacant captain post .

Quote:
On a lighter note seeing Pachinko Head in a Taicho uniform will be Kakakoi ne xP
And see how Yachiru address him
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 03:22   Link #86
astrallionheart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Think thats a plothole coz as the story goes he helped Renji with bankai training . Renji Vs Ichigo and Ichigo Vs Ikkaku the time period duration is just days . When Renji is in his cell Zabimaru materializes , Materialization of a Zanapakuto into user's world is first stage of bankai and shikai is negation to that .

As I said its plothole or he couldnt contol bankai properly only logical/culpable reason but that seems to farfetched as when its a matter of life/death you really dont care you go all out .
It does seem like a plot hole, because when Ichigo and Byakuya were fighting, Tetsuzaemon Iba and Ikkaku had been training together for quite a while (how Ikkaku managed the logistics of all this is pretty odd if he really did train Renji). Not to mention, he and Iba were going all out, and Iba's is supposed to be an "all-rounder" and not a pure swordsman, which makes Ikkaku look even less impressive.

Not to mention, Ikkaku and Iba were gawking like morons during the fight. Ikkaku really must have a split personality for all these events to pass (he is gosu when off the camera, noob while on, lol).

It seems like the random DBZ powerups that happen behind the scenes so certain characters can "catch up." (certain characters aging like wine syndrome, while others turning into vinegar. For no apparent reason at all other than arbitrary choice).
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 16:18   Link #87
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
It does seem like a plot hole, because when Ichigo and Byakuya were fighting, Tetsuzaemon Iba and Ikkaku had been training together for quite a while (how Ikkaku managed the logistics of all this is pretty odd if he really did train Renji). Not to mention, he and Iba were going all out, and Iba's is supposed to be an "all-rounder" and not a pure swordsman, which makes Ikkaku look even less impressive.
Actually he did train Renji as of now he is training Yumichika Also Iba and Ikkaku never trained together . They werent going all out , if you have noticed they talked big then got drunk and were arguing over who is going to buy sake .

If you mean Zanjutsu , Ikaku just like Zaraki have mastered only this discipline thats what divisions 11 stands . Iba being an allrounder nothing is known about Iba . If indeed as you say Iba is an allrounder ( 4 disciplines ) shouldnt it favor Iba ?

Quote:
Not to mention, Ikkaku and Iba were gawking like morons during the fight. Ikkaku really must have a split personality for all these events to pass
Yeah Ichi powered up agian . Ikaku had just seen his power up days back against Zaraki he once again powered up again during Bankai . Also Ichi according to Uki had taicho reatsu even before Bankai . Consider another power up after that

Quote:
It seems like the random DBZ powerups that happen behind the scenes so certain characters can "catch up." (certain characters aging like wine syndrome, while others turning into vinegar. For no apparent reason at all other than arbitrary choice).
Comapring DBZ to Bleach would be wrong on many diffrent levels , one is aimed at kids other at a general audience . DB yes not DBZ , a suitable comparision IMHO would be Grappler Baki its a bible for Shonen Manga : o
__________________

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-01-23 at 17:30.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 23:23   Link #88
hdx514
馬甲
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portofino
it's not possible that ikkaku could be as strong as kenpachi, bankai or not. he himself admitted that several times. if he thinks he stands a chance he would have fought kenpachi, he's only following kenpachi now because kenpachi is a lot stronger. the ichigo who defeated ikkaku in shikai weren't even able to scratch kenpachi

kubo probably only wanted ikkaku to be the cannon fodder prelude to the kenpachi battle. didn't take ichigo that much effort to finish him compared to the renji battle, which would indicate that renji is more powerful than ikkaku in shikai mode. my guess is that ikkaku became somewhat popular, so the unexpected kubo decided to give him a second shot at things. he didn't have a backstory so bankai won't completely contradict things, but it does make the ikkaku back in S.S. look like a complete wuss, especially when he was the one that told ichigo to fight till death. and even with bankai, kubo didn't make him that powerful. think of espada as captains, tres cifras as VCs and numeros as regular seats. he just barely won against a regular seat in the human world, and there are like 80 more of them, further powered up in HM, all readily dispensable
__________________
我是馬甲我怕誰? 只怕那把d-roy當瓦級的超級無敵火星大SB
hdx514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 12:36   Link #89
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
^Have you ever thought about the fact that he could probably reluctant to release in SS, his power jump would surely attract his Captain
considering his lust for raw power fights he would have more than certainly used his bankai in SS if he could but its obvious him having bankai wasnt conceived till later on, the whole "he didnt want anyone to know about it" is more of a excuse to why he didnt use it till now rather than a character insight on his personality.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 12:40   Link #90
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's okay, that he doesn't want to be a captain, however it's part of Zaraki's policy, to go all out on the enemy, if it's necessary, and if Ikkaku holds back and dies, because he doesn't want to go all out (for whatever reason) he didn't really understand Kenpachi and doesn't deserve it to follow him.
i believe ikkaku had mentioned he didnt want zaraki to know he could do bankai, from what ive read ikkaku and mr.beautiful (yumichika) seem to have a sorta loyalty to zaraki most likely since they share the same battle nature as him he probably sees it a more fair situation to not use his bankai since his captain cant either. but ill expect ikkaku along with possibly renji filling in the holes of the empty captain spots soon.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 12:46   Link #91
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Comapring DBZ to Bleach would be wrong on many diffrent levels , one is aimed at kids other at a general audience . DB yes not DBZ , a suitable comparision IMHO would be Grappler Baki its a bible for Shonen Manga : o
well ive seen quite a few similarities between the 2. uryuu has show clean signs of vegeta in the first arch with his excuse for helping ichigo being "he wants him to live to so he can beat him up" also ichigo dissapearing to do bankai for a while and suddenly appearing at the last moment with a pose and vastly hightened power similar to goku going super saiyan and showing up before freeza. the show will probably get a tad more confusing once more characters go from weak to suddenly arrancar capable fighters or ateaslt able to hold one off and not dying.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 12:53   Link #92
felixm477
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514 View Post
kubo probably only wanted ikkaku to be the cannon fodder prelude to the kenpachi battle. didn't take ichigo that much effort to finish him compared to the renji battle, which would indicate that renji is more powerful than ikkaku in shikai mode. my guess is that ikkaku became somewhat popular, so the unexpected kubo decided to give him a second shot at things. he didn't have a backstory so bankai won't completely contradict things, but it does make the ikkaku back in S.S. look like a complete wuss, especially when he was the one that told ichigo to fight till death. and even with bankai, kubo didn't make him that powerful. think of espada as captains, tres cifras as VCs and numeros as regular seats. he just barely won against a regular seat in the human world, and there are like 80 more of them, further powered up in HM, all readily dispensable
i agree with this it seems very likey that afterall ikkaku came out to be a pretty cool shinigami, kubo is probably developing him into a more important character since he share zaraki characteristics (crazy fighter with insane pysical power) except he can do bankai so hes probably filling in for those zaraki fans while he goes off and learns his bankai magically somewhere else. this is probably the last time we would see ikkaku in a arrancar battle since in his battle he seamed pretty knowlegable of his bankai and went all out and still barely just lived thru it. for the most part i think most of the shinigami are clearly outmatched in HM the humans along with ichigo seem to be upgrading to the ocassion though.
felixm477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 13:55   Link #93
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Well there are a few in universe explainations that could explain what happend.
1) like Zaraki Ikkaku was fighting at Ichigo's level to make the fight fun. ( a little unlikely but he is crazy enuff to do something like that)

2) Ikkaku's bankai was too slow in power build up to be useful in the fight (still unlikely but a bit more beliveable)

3) Renji realy is stronger then Ikkaku (pretty iffy but not impossable)

4) a combonation of all the above ie: he was fighting at Ichigo's level then when he started to lose it was too late for his bankai to be useful in the fight and the reason Ichigo had a harder time with Renji was because Renji is stronger then Ikkaku.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 19:12   Link #94
sx3
0 Gundam
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
SMILE!



Also when the sub coems out later tonight i can get us a clear picture of grimmjaw since the ending cleared up more of those petal thingies we can see his face and all! HURRAY!

Also, they sure gave ulquiorra some wierd eyebrows
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 19:17   Link #95
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
naah he wont smile sadly blame kubo for making him such an EMO xP
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 19:27   Link #96
sx3
0 Gundam
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
naah he wont smile sadly blame kubo for making him such an EMO xP
It's kinda creepy how pale he is lol i can't wait till we see grimmjaw, you know whats kinda bugging my lately tho, what colour are there sheaths, literally its been hidden away from us i dont know why but this little detail is bugging me, i was hoping to solve it today but we ended up not seeing Ulquiorra at all cept for the preview. Im guessing its black and those 4 ripple kind of rings at the top of the sheath are the colour such as blue for grimmjaw and green for ulquiorra


Like this but diffeernt colour tops


Yay for grimmjaw! this was very hard to get a picture of lol

Last edited by sx3; 2007-01-25 at 02:28.
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 19:00   Link #97
Enerccio
VN maniac
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cassovia, Slovakia
Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
This pic pretty much confirmed (IMO) that Luppi is a guy.

Can i ask you why?
__________________
My bishojo games at www.bishojo.tk
Enerccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 00:54   Link #98
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Obviously because a girl would never do something as unsightly as getting disembowled........ Okay, I lied -- I got nothing either.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 01:24   Link #99
striderm
Adusa #1
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's all in the face. :P

But I guess I should just leave it for the next character book.

In other news though, Volume 26 is supposed to have Luppi on the cover.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 01:48   Link #100
Enerccio
VN maniac
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cassovia, Slovakia
Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
It's all in the face. :P

But I guess I should just leave it for the next character book.

In other news though, Volume 26 is supposed to have Luppi on the cover.
What face you would make if someone wrap his hand through your breasts
__________________
My bishojo games at www.bishojo.tk
Enerccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.