AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-01, 20:10   Link #41
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Used to play Rag Online too for like 2 years... but well i payed like 2 month for it and it got boring, a friend of mine is however constantly playing for 3 years, and he's paying and enjoys it...

Appearently they added quite some stuff to iRo, right now there is a big event running "Battel for emperium" or some thing, and they fixed the translations too afaik.

Its like a big guild war over castels... kinda like dominion mod from UT i think xD just in rpg form...

Btw. Kae, pm.
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 20:41   Link #42
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
Used to play Rag Online too for like 2 years... but well i payed like 2 month for it and it got boring, a friend of mine is however constantly playing for 3 years, and he's paying and enjoys it....
Uh huh. I've played EQ for 2 years, yet I've known people play it for much much longer.

Quote:
and they fixed the translations too afaik..
lol I dunno how "Those Damn Scum come around and they have no manners and drop milk. Run away when you see those dirty dudes that give bad names to us." as fixing the translations... It gives me headaches.

Quote:
Btw. Kae, pm.
What?
KaeMeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 20:47   Link #43
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Quote:
Uh huh. I've played EQ for 2 years, yet I've known people play it for much much longer.
Never played EQ... i dont have a credit card to begin with, so...

Quote:
lol I dunno how "Those Damn Scum come around and they have no manners and drop milk. Run away when you see those dirty dudes that give bad names to us." as fixing the translations... It gives me headaches.
Well, in international Ragnarok Online they have atlast fixed the translations of the Kapra Staff ect.
And i know of no bot that would actually say stuff like that O.o

Quote:
What?
>_<"
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 20:52   Link #44
KaeMeera

Quote:
Well, in international Ragnarok Online they have atlast fixed the translations of the Kapra Staff ect.>_<"
Yeah, the kapra had ok translations.

Quote:
And i know of no bot that would actually say stuff like that O.o
LOL I know... I laughed really hard after I read it. It was from some guy in Morroc or whatever...that desert city that has a cool old mexico feel to it.
KaeMeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 21:24   Link #45
Roseroar

Send a message via ICQ to Roseroar Send a message via AIM to Roseroar
I've played EverQuest for over a year now. Sort of 'finished' the game though, nothing 'ever' or even 'questy' about the game really. If I could rewind I probably wouldn't start it again.

I've been shopping around for a new game for a while now, and finally settled on Horizons, though Middle Earth Online looks nice too (not due out til end of the year) so I may keep my eye on that.

Of course, these are all pay to play, I have no problems paying $15/month for something to keep me occupied for the majority of my day. It's a hellova lot cheaper than going out to movies or clubs or even just transport costs to get around the city. (Which, for any of, would be$20+/day) so when you look at it in that regard $15/month is pretty damn cheap entertainment. Then again, I'm a hermit and am happy not leaving the house, so these games suit me rather well when I'm not watching anime. ^_^;
Roseroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 16:53   Link #46
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
i dunno... i'm playing FF 11 right now and i find it pretty fun.. the only thing is that ... you gotta spend alot of time playing it or else you won't have any progress
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 03:40   Link #47
Signus

Send a message via AIM to Signus
Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Asheron's Call. (And no, not Asheron's Call 2...) Best MMORPG, ever. I've plated since the beta, and never lost interest. That makes me a 6 year veteran. Immpresssive, eh?
Signus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 04:43   Link #48
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptorMoody
I just started playing today and i would like some help. I have no idea how to do stuff (including adding people to friends list) so if you could add me to your friends list that would be great. My id is Moody-sama. See you in the game!
cardcaptor I've added you on my buddy list, but haven't seen you on....I still play every now and then, but maybe you got sick of it or something...

Quote:
Well..
I've been here for a few now, didn't saw anyone from the forums on this game.
So don't be too afraid of that I think Gatx207_Blizt...
You still play??? probably not, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if you still do. Well if you do can you possibly give out a nick so I can add you as well???
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 20:15   Link #49
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
cardcaptor I've added you on my buddy list, but haven't seen you on....I still play every now and then, but maybe you got sick of it or something...
I'm not sick of it yet, it is just that i got a Dance Dance Revolution Pad (along with DDR Extreme japanese import) last weekend and well..... Iv'e been playing around 5 hours of DDR every day... Well, i will go on on ocasion, but right now i also have to cope with working hard in school (in danger of geting kicked out of gifted program >.<). Well, hopefully if i do have some more free time in the next couple of weeks i might just see you on. BTW Thank you very much.
CardCaptorMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 09:14   Link #50
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
someone here mentioned talesweaver as a good online rpg.....

for those who have been playing and have been following it closely.... is this one of those that will be starting to charge soon cause I don't think I can finish this game quick by starting now and if it gets off beta like in about 3 months then I don't think I wanna play... unless enough people says its worth paying to continue playing that I might think about taking it up.....

agreed about fairyland... most childish looking game ever... i thought RO was bad but this tops it off...

another one that you guys can try is
www.pristontale.com
this one will be testing for a while more ...... estimate at least another year or two.... so go ahead and try it out... bad part is that leveling is quite slow even in a party...
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 11:44   Link #51
RichMan
????

[/QUOTE]Why play online RPG's when you can play gunbound instead![QUOTE]

Yes Gunbound is a kickass game. Good graphics, addicting, and it's free.

But, lemme tell you some things before you jump in.

First off, your going to have to play for an easy 15hours at least before you can buy anything cool. Also, this is a game you have to pick up and learn fast because the majority of people are pro's. There are alot of a**holes(your an obvious n00b with chick status and people start cursing at you). It's hard to get a good rank because most of the time there will be a lagger. So like the battle will start off 4 vs 4, but if one of your teammates has a bad connection(which happens alot) then all of a sudden the battle is 4 vs 3. Get the idea? Make sure you don't battle a guild unless u have friends with ya, because in my experience if your people who are all of the same guild then alot of the time your actual teammates are really apart of your opponents guild with a dummy account(so they can easily get gold and gp). This happened to me! it was a 2 vs 2 battle, my 2 opponents were from the Vamp guild and there avatars had some really good equipment(which made me think they were pro's!) Through the match I was kicking ass and was proud of it, the opponents kept missing and my teammate seemed like a noob, then when I almost killed one of them my teammate starts attacking me! He tried to lie saying "No, i'm a noob, I didn't mean it." Well, I would have believed him if he didn't shoot me 4 times in a row!!! UGH!

Well, that's all I have to say. remember my words
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 02:32   Link #52
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i cant seem to install Fairyland. I need "data.3" and none of the winrar files that is part of the zip does not work. Can anyone provide data.3 and any other files i need after that one?
Old 2004-02-11, 04:56   Link #53
Umbrae
Generic Human

I play a few RPG's online, but I tend to prefer FPS's online. Online RPG's are not up to any calabur to be called an RPG IMO yet. (NWN beeing an exception, more on this later)

I probly should have tried WW2 online. But so far I have been looking for a good FPS / RPG for a while now. I am getting tired of FPS's where every one is using the noob cannon (every FPS has one, some gun that is just point in general direction press fire and demolish all matter within a 2 mile radius (ok not quite that bad but close)). I tried planet side, but it was HORID. seriesly the planes moved faster than people, but were talking a jet that moved at about 30mph equivalent. 2 of 3 teams have anti air weapons that are almost garunteed to hit (one was fire and forget lock on, the other is a guided missle!)
Infantry battles were even worse. hits are registered 100% client side. so people on 56K are ungodly killers (basicly you could not dodge them, I have been shot with a pistol through a building.) and most teams rifles take 8+ hits to kill some one. depending on range, but at the range you should start shooting at people 8+ hits. Hell even the sniper rifle takes 2-3 hits. and hit location means nothing.

I play BF1942 mainly, with either EoD or XWW2 mod. both are great mods, and make the game fun.

As for RPG's . . . well that is much harder to say, I play EQ rarely now, EQ is basicly 100% hack n slash with equipment upgrades. Recently I started playing Star Wars galaxies again. I wish I could drop my faction affiliate with the 75% reduction in PvP damage and knock down nerfs. My character went from a great PvP setup to the new PVP system nick named pokemon (grab your pets and have at em, biggest pet wins). Prior to pet changes you could snipe the pets owner in a good 1-3 hits, making pets less effective than actualy getting the first shot ect (origionaly range and weapon were the key factors to wining). So far I am not impressed with SWG still. they added in mounts, player cities, and vehicles. all the stuff they promised on release. other than that, nothing new.

I know massive multiplayer games are made to please the masses, but with most of them running 20+ servers you think they could setup some fine tuned rule sets for various servers so people could find one within thier game that suits the users player style. As of yet it seems the choices of servers for most games are only PvP on / PvP off. Take SWG for example. Had they made a Care Bear server wher PvP damage was reduced 75% for the whiners complaing because they died after getting shot twice (Um HELLO YOU GOT SHOT! TWICE! what do you want a bruse?) and left a set of server for more hard core / realism seaking players (aka me =p). I remeber watching Star Wars. Sure I remember some people using / fighting creatures. but when it came to personal combat 1-2 shots people died (funny how that works eh?) not 10+ shots.

Yes I like realistic games. they hard, you die alot, some times you get stuck at points that take you hours days, or even weeks to get past. That is the fun! Yet so many people seem to hate it that almost no game developers stick with realistic combat ideals

The only RPG I find that holds up to the online test is Never Winter Nights. Unfortunatly, although designed with online play options the game was not made specificly for that. It seems NWN was made for a group of people to play with 1 person's PC acting as the server. More like old pen and paper RPG's. Although this is a great idea IMO, it suffers from the main problem pen and paper RPG's do and then some. The main problem is getting a group of friends togeather reliably to play this game with one another. although it removes the hassle of getting people to one location. Yet with the scripting interface this game uses it takes much longer for a DM to setup a game to play than it would for a pen and paper game. As such, unless you live in differnt cities, countries ect. you are better off with pen and paper.
Thier are some worlds that are persistant online play, and most of these tend to focus arround role play over combat (Thank god, people actualy role play in some online game!!). Which for noobies tends to be a bit daunting (any one that has role played a character for the first time in a new world knows how this one goes). Unfortunatly these persitant worlds have a limit on the number of people they can usualy have online at one time, as well as the map limitations of thier server / game. the game does not allow for realy huge areas to start with, and a server can only handle so many palces (dependat on hardware, but these are run by normal people not companys =/ )

Hope my ranting helps a bit. I personaly am still waiting for the MMPORPG/FPS that will make me stop and say "holy @#%^ this game is GREAT!" As of yet, thier is not one.
Old 2004-02-15, 15:07   Link #54
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Can this thread be moved to the new Games section? Thanks
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 11:09   Link #55
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signus
Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Asheron's Call. (And no, not Asheron's Call 2...) Best MMORPG, ever. I've plated since the beta, and never lost interest. That makes me a 6 year veteran. Immpresssive, eh?
I started playing it too when they invited me to beta test in 1999. I was a regular subscriber for a few years and have come and gone many times.. (gotten bored for a while.) I don't play currently.. guess I've finally gotten sick of it and the many irrelevant updates they make each month.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 09:13   Link #56
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:

http://www.fungwanonline.com/ - Fung Wan Online, pretty good 3d graphics but a bit empty. Chinese Kung-Fu / Martial Arts role playing game, very nice, i can recommend it.
when i played it i met 3 people lvling with lvling script, really low on people, no point at all taking skills till 50s with some classes,
BUT really great war system, 4 guilds that can war each other for towns etc, did only play about 3 days then quit cuz i got bored, got lvl 44 with a swordsman
Old 2004-03-31, 18:21   Link #57
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Yes, I know it's an old thread but I thought that this news was just too interesting to not post:

Everquest III will feature talking NPCs!

I absolutely hated Everquest (I'm an Asheron's Call type of jellyfish), but this feature is just so innovative. Quite amazing, really.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 00:06   Link #58
mulititard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Survival Project International
http://english.spgame.com/

Enjoy!
Damn.. I tried this game but it's way too hard. EVERYONE destroys me.
mulititard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 02:37   Link #59
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Quote:
Well FFXI if your willing to pay is an ok one I can think of
First thing that poped into my head when seen thread was this too ^^
sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:08   Link #60
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!