AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-29, 05:57   Link #1041
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
If anyone following this thread's still wondering whether to get the "project book" mentioned in my earlier post...

Here's a sneak peek inside as kindly provided by the guy over at Halcyon Realms. You remember those 2 promotional pictures going around drawn by him?... That was just the tip of the iceberg.

This book appears to be useful not only for artists (/me drools at Iso's drawings) but for Coil fans too. Would you look at Satchii's concept illustration?! What the hell is that?

I'm just assuming he didn't pick only the most interesting pages because even those few are so awesome - Isako looking ridiculously good in overalls (officially!), Denpa with a 'do, and damn do I love those subdued colours!

I'm hoping to get this somewhere in December... When I get my hands on it, if anyone hasn't already scanned it to hell and back and dissected it, I'm more than willing to share any highlights.
I was hesitant to buy this due to the difference in Price and Page COunt (only 80 pages) but after seeing this, I need to own it now ;_;
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:11   Link #1042
aorta

I got Coil: The "Meta" Illegal, the project book, in the mail today. Very nice. Not as many pictures as the last roman album, but lots of color and the hardbacking is great.

Now all I need are the novels, but I;m nots sure if I'll get those. And of course the DVDs and the stuffed animals. I'm relunctant to buy any R2 dvds because you never know what might get picked up for R1. Maybe the novel will be released in English some day too.
Old 2008-12-05, 04:13   Link #1043
jsrv

looks like the color artbook ran out of print/production already... I was thinking of getting it too, but being only 80 page and costing about 50$ kind of put me on the fence on it. Oh well, maybe next time.
jsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 09:32   Link #1044
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrv View Post
looks like the color artbook ran out of print/production already... I was thinking of getting it too, but being only 80 page and costing about 50$ kind of put me on the fence on it. Oh well, maybe next time.
It was only $30 in Akihabara but I had to question the usefulness of buying a book I can't read. I think I will save the money for the US release, whenever it may arrive.
Old 2008-12-31, 15:08   Link #1045
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Late bump. Wonderful series, just finished it. As a computer science student, I don't think I'm overreacting to find Denno Coil as required viewing.

Also, am I too late to find this undeniable proof that Yasako is actually victim of an elaborate stalking scheme by the two adults?

Spoiler for Surely we have not met before?:

Spoiler for We haven't seen each other for years, I swear.:
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 16:06   Link #1046
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
You are late, yes. I was doing some spring cleaning of my Picasa account today as it happens and found the copies I uploaded there when the first DVD arrived and I rewatched the first episode. It's been mentioned by others a few times also, in this thread I'm sure.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 10:18   Link #1047
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Finally finished the series before the New Year. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. The last half seemed a bit problematic in the pacing dept. It seemed that every time you thought it was over you'd look over and wonder what else needed to be said in 3-4 more eps, that couldn't have been tied up in 2. I realized that the plot must've had a lot to be said and they wanted to resolve everything. Other than that I highly enjoyed it. I hope that if this is released stateside, that it gets decent treatment.

I find it interesting that this series is somewhat tagged sci-fi and mystery. They should add "supernatural" as well. Because it does sort of touch on concepts of "existence", "spirituality" and possibly "metaphysics". The only thing is that it's given a sci-fi "spin". But whatever anyone wants to believe all kind of go hand in hand.

It's been awhile since I sat and watched a show where the character interaction was not predictable. This series was truly a drama. I couldn't help but think of kid mystery shows or books. I kept thinking of 'IT' as well. Because some parts really freaked me out. That's why I felt "supernatural" should be a tag as well. Again really good show. Needs much exposure and I hope that despite being "niche" it will find an audience her if it ever gets licensed.

I still need to pick up the other 'Roman Album'. I definitely want that 'Meta Illegal Project' book. I always like conceptional design. They should have just released a larger book with everything.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 01:03   Link #1048
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
What is it that Haruken's aunt sees on Isako's head when she's spying? It sort of looked like a face.
Old 2009-02-12, 08:26   Link #1049
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I never understood what that scene was supposed to convey, and I've watched Coil two or three times now. I don't recall that it's ever really explained later, either. If anyone else has an answer for Scarlet, I'd be interested as well.
Old 2009-02-12, 19:08   Link #1050
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
You'd have to remind me of the episode as can't even remember what you're talking about.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 20:07   Link #1051
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
You'd have to remind me of the episode as can't even remember what you're talking about.
In episode eight, auntie Tamako visits the kids' school while they're listening to a presentation by the principal on the dangers of using glasses on public streets. Tamako notices a strange image in Isako's hair, which appears to be a face of some kind:

Images
size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I had to make it large enough to see the image clearly. It's rather obviously a girl's face. Kanna's? Yasako's maybe? I don't think it's an image of Isako herself. Maybe it's even Tamako herself? It's tough to say.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-08-23 at 13:38.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 23:16   Link #1052
ArrowSmith

Is Denno Coil going to be licensed any time soon?
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 21:58   Link #1053
gsilver

Hi.

Can anyone give me a quick comparison of the quality differences between the Ureshii and Anime-Kraze versions?

I followed it via Ureshii way back when it first came out, but I might give it a rewatch sometime.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 00:23   Link #1054
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It's silly I know, but you might find this one-minute live-action version of Coil fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0eG36cipWU

I loved the Saatchis and Daichi's fish, though I'd have preferred a cuter version of Densuke.
Old 2009-03-12, 11:30   Link #1055
DarkHonour

Honestly, Dennou Coil's ending is quite good. I felt a little sad after watching it.

Perhaps it's because the ending theme is a ballad. =P
DarkHonour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:30   Link #1056
aorta

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/05/a...ecurity-bot-a/

I wonder when the Saatchi version is coming out.
Old 2009-09-13, 10:53   Link #1057
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Hi there.

Um...... I have the images (image files) of the Dennou Coil booklets and stuff downloaded from somewhere but they're all in Japanese. Oh and I also have the specials (like interviews, making, etc.) of Dennou Coil but again they're all raw. I wonder if there is anyone here who is interested to translate them into English. Or is there anywhere on the net that I can get them from in English?

(Wait, am I breaking any rules of this forum to have asked that? If yes, please do tell me and I'll remove this right away. I'm not breaking any rules, right? Dennou Coil is still unlicensed.)

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHonour View Post
Honestly, Dennou Coil's ending is quite good. I felt a little sad after watching it.

Perhaps it's because the ending theme is a ballad. =P
The ending? Gosh I don't like the ending. It ends too abruptly. I always want to see how the characters continue to live after everything that has happened. They should have shown a bit, maybe one more episode, about the normal lives of the characters.

In fact, I thought Dennou Coil is about cyberglasses only. When the consciousness-shifting thingy came in I was a bit disappointed because I don't find it possible, and I hope this show only dealt with possible things. Cyberglasses are possible, but not the shifting. It's too fiction.
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 11:02   Link #1058
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
Hi there.

Um...... I have the images (image files) of the Dennou Coil booklets and stuff downloaded from somewhere but they're all in Japanese. Oh and I also have the specials (like interviews, making, etc.) of Dennou Coil but again they're all raw. I wonder if there is anyone here who is interested to translate them into English. Or is there anywhere on the net that I can get them from in English?
Out of curiosity, do those include the Dennou Coil Project Book scans? I've been doing it at a glacial pace with a shitty scanner myself, but if there's scans out there I would actually be quite keen on translating them - although it would have to wait till the end of the year when I'm better equipped to do them justice. You might find someone more willing to do it earlier, in which case I'd be happy to check the translations if needed.

IIRC the Roman Albums aren't all that informative (who wants episode synopses and character outlines?), although I only have one of them.

If anyone else's done them in English, I'd love to know why I don't know... says the person with Google Blog Search for "dennou coil" and "denno coil" in Google Reader
Old 2009-09-13, 13:43   Link #1059
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Out of curiosity, do those include the Dennou Coil Project Book scans? I've been doing it at a glacial pace with a shitty scanner myself, but if there's scans out there I would actually be quite keen on translating them - although it would have to wait till the end of the year when I'm better equipped to do them justice. You might find someone more willing to do it earlier, in which case I'd be happy to check the translations if needed.

IIRC the Roman Albums aren't all that informative (who wants episode synopses and character outlines?), although I only have one of them.

If anyone else's done them in English, I'd love to know why I don't know... says the person with Google Blog Search for "dennou coil" and "denno coil" in Google Reader
Wow you're translating some of them? That's great! I don't mind how long it takes; I'm grateful as long as someone is translating them. Where would your work go when you're done? (I mean like how would you distribute them?)

I'm not exactly sure where my scans are from, but what I can describe about them (the ones I have) is that... I think they come together with the DVDs because whoever made those scans also included the scans of the DVD discs. (Do you want me to upload one or two of them?)

Well I know there are definitely many other books and stuff about Dennou Coil out there and I'm quite wanting to collect them. Even more so if they're in English.

Hmm... Do you happen to know any fansub group that is going to translate even those specials and interviews? I can't seem to find them currently. It makes me go "argh" since I don't know what they're talking about!
Genstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:57   Link #1060
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genstone View Post
Wow you're translating some of them? That's great! I don't mind how long it takes; I'm grateful as long as someone is translating them. Where would your work go when you're done? (I mean like how would you distribute them?)

I'm not exactly sure where my scans are from, but what I can describe about them (the ones I have) is that... I think they come together with the DVDs because whoever made those scans also included the scans of the DVD discs. (Do you want me to upload one or two of them?)

Well I know there are definitely many other books and stuff about Dennou Coil out there and I'm quite wanting to collect them. Even more so if they're in English.

Hmm... Do you happen to know any fansub group that is going to translate even those specials and interviews? I can't seem to find them currently. It makes me go "argh" since I don't know what they're talking about!
Well when I mean glacial I mean glacial... But if I have the scans it would be much faster because then I don't have to scan them in.

I have a feeling the stuff you have might be the small booklets/storyboards that come attached with the limited edition DVDs.

None of the books are out in English afaik and I'm not sure if sub groups are doing any of the specials (I've only seen the ones for the first and second DVDs and I wasn't interested) I really hope that either way I finish that very very interesting Project Book before next term starts - it's chock full of highly fascinating info.

Tags
mystery, science fiction