AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 20:28   Link #81
sola

So far i'm loving this! I've never really read the manga or anything, but i've played the arcade game a lot. I wonder if they're going to have Hakone in the anime.

Also I think the soundtrack is pretty cool, but I think it's got that less exciting beat to it, unlike the Super Euro beat (in Initial D). I remember when I heard the Initial D music I used to get super psyched up. I think that the music used in the game would have been nice to.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:37   Link #82
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

My BT DL of Episode 2 has stalled at 95.9%.

Why?! Why?! Why?!

EDIT: NVM, it just fixed itself....

SECOND POST: Huh, no one else wants to comment, huh....? Guess it falls on me, then.

1) Mami-chan!!!!

2) A little difference between the manga, the arcade game, and this anime; in the manga and the anime, Ko-chan's FC is crystal white, and resembles Takahashi Ryosuke's a little too closely. In the game though, it's black.

3) Wow, the Devil Z suffers from some serious tail sway......

4)
Spoiler for difference between the manga and the anime:

5) While I won't claim to be an expert on cars and how they're supposed to sound, I do have to admit a growing disappointment as to the sound effects. I've always had this image of the Devil Z as something beyond this world; supernatural, as the storyline tells it. Thus, I really expected it to sound awe-inspiring; like a Z should, of course, but still, awe-inspiring. What I'm hearing thus far falls short of the expectations. The Blackbird isn't much better in this regard, either; I mean, these are supposed to be the legends of the Wangan. Is it so hard to synthesize some sounds the car-nuts would have an orgasm over?!

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2007-06-19 at 22:28.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 00:05   Link #83
moshun

i think wangan has a lower budget or something. its the same team but its not even up to par with initial d 4th stage.

anyways, yah, something is up with the traction on the Devil Z. When Akio took it on a test run, it was smooth, but when he raced vs Blackbird, he was skidding like crazy. seems the reason he loses control at the same spot is his state of mind isnt focused.
moshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 00:50   Link #84
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

The music in the first episode was kind of creepy, goes with the Devil Z talk very well. Opposite from Initial D.

I think the OP song is pretty nice.

Something I found funny is that they still use turn signals when going over 240km/h.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 04:45   Link #85
passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
The music in the first episode was kind of creepy, goes with the Devil Z talk very well. Opposite from Initial D.

I think the OP song is pretty nice.

Something I found funny is that they still use turn signals when going over 240km/h.
i guess they are being good role models for the youth anime is so far above my expectations. but the number of episodes are unknown according to anidb. i hope it won't be an epic series over 52 episodes. is the manga long enough to turn this into a long running series?
Old 2007-06-20, 05:34   Link #86
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
The manga currently has 35 volumes releases, so there's tons of material. It just depends on how long they can keep it profitable, probably.
Old 2007-06-20, 06:21   Link #87
sola

Yeah, the look wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be, I expected some Initial D Stage 4 graphics n all. Ah well. However, if this is the answer for the every two month release deal they had with Initial D I'm totally fine with it!

The whole steering at the end of ep two was way weird... I knew it was possesed but I never thought it acted so much on it's own, kinda surprised me. ^^
Old 2007-06-20, 06:36   Link #88
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

That steering wheel jerk could have been caused by a number of real things, not just the car being literally possessed. It's very possible Akio has the front-end suspension set up incorrectly, and that error causes the car's front end to loose control when racing over the bumps in the sectioned portions of the Wangan line. Or it could be bump steer, if the car's suspension is set too low and the shock absorbers are being completely compressed prematurely and messing with the steering angle.

I'm just saying... the car isn't literally possessed. It's just damn picky.
Old 2007-06-20, 07:21   Link #89
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

It wants its original owner back, even he's been dead for years (car didn't start killing until someone else bought it).
Old 2007-06-20, 08:40   Link #90
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
And considering how everything counts in car modifications, a little misalignment can start a big problem (insert countless stories of how an unadjusted ECUs and everything can effectively kill the engine).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 11:30   Link #91
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

lol, his going to crash again??!! >,<
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 11:39   Link #92
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I was wondering, if the car killed the last owner, who was the guy that handed the junkyard kid the keys and told him to scrap the car?

The guy had the car repaired, then wanted it scrapped?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 12:06   Link #93
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

I think the Devil Z had killed or seriously injured its previous owners. The first Akio was killed, then a couple others, then the dude who owned it just before the current Akio. That last dude was just seriously injured.

Keep in mind the first Akio was killed 2-3 years ago (I forget which), but the car was brought to the junkyard by that dude just a couple weeks before our current Akio discovered it.
Old 2007-06-20, 12:06   Link #94
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I was wondering, if the car killed the last owner, who was the guy that handed the junkyard kid the keys and told him to scrap the car?

The guy had the car repaired, then wanted it scrapped?
Maybe Akio's father? I would guess he got the car after his son died.
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 16:21   Link #95
meowmeowneko

Spoiler for Ep. 2 ending:
meowmeowneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 17:16   Link #96
280z

Also remember 620ish hp to the rear wheels with no traction control on a 2400ish pound car. THAT CAR IS A BEAST. I cant even imagine my Z with 620hp, well i can but it makes me imagine a nice rollcage so i dont die.
280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 21:36   Link #97
Monkey D. Luffy

There's ma10ny thing that could have caused it to skid and lose control like it did, or maybe it is possesed lol
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 22:13   Link #98
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere before that there's a particular setup with a car engine one can do, that gives a car monstrous boost, but makes it monstrously hard to control at the same time. The "Devil's Cam" it was nicknamed, if I remember correctly.

So yeah, I think this setup is the most likely reason, if it actually exists, as to why the Devil Z is so hard to control.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 23:44   Link #99
moshun

theres a couple things i notice that may be a more reasonable answer to the whole curse thing:

Spoiler:

i havent read the manga so i have no idea what im talking about hehe. this is just what im making of it thus far from 2 episodes.
Old 2007-06-21, 00:18   Link #100
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

LOL nice conjecture. I might try to find a scanlated manga to read.

Tags
racing, seinen