AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-25, 13:41   Link #121
passenger

20.07 double release. for future reference anidb is your friend.
Old 2007-06-25, 15:28   Link #122
slidingk1

When you think about things Wangan is the Opposite of initial d in every respect. The only thing it has in common is that it's about cars. The view points about driving power everything is different. But I do like the fact that Wangan seems to be more "realistic" then Initial D. But it's still a joke that a car will not turn at 180 miles an hour. It's called lifting or braking and why does the guy never wear a seat belt and ummmmm the damage is too unrealistic. OMG sometimes I just want to slap these people over the details but hey it's anime not real life.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 18:23   Link #123
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshun View Post
theres a couple things i notice that may be a more reasonable answer to the whole curse thing:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Agreed.:
Old 2007-06-27, 04:32   Link #124
moshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
Spoiler for Agreed.:
was this movie Legend of Speed? with the rich Evo vs criminal STi? something about, power is needless if you dont have control or something, but insisted his mechanic add power anyways
Old 2007-06-27, 14:26   Link #125
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
was this movie Legend of Speed? with the rich Evo vs criminal STi? something about, power is needless if you dont have control or something, but insisted his mechanic add power anyways
i think so...i just remember ekin was in it and the mechanic is called panda because of all those parapanda references

i think its also his fault for not looking far enough. If he could have switched lanes way earlier that accident probably would have not happened.
Old 2007-06-27, 15:10   Link #126
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Well, at that speed, things tend to creep up on ya rather quickly. It was definitely Akio's fault for not recognizing his surroundings and remembering the Wangan's conditions, but one can only look so far down the road from a car.
Old 2007-06-28, 17:28   Link #127
kev.skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
There's also that quote from Twinkie in F&F: Tokyo Drift, where he says that the police don't even bother chasing cars that go above a certain speed. I think that's more spin than actual fact, but it does leave you thinking.
its kinda true, in japan all cars are limited to 180kph, now wether police cars are or not i dont know. there are numerous things that remove the limit like an apexi rsm ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
Spoiler for Agreed.:

you do know that the japanese drive on the LEFT side of the road, so when over taking you over take on the RIGHT, so its the exact opposite of what you said it was the safer option.
kev.skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 21:30   Link #128
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev.skyline View Post
its kinda true, in japan all cars are limited to 180kph, now wether police cars are or not i dont know. there are numerous things that remove the limit like an apexi rsm ect.
Removing the speed limiter is something that only requires modifying the ECU in any way, there is way a lot of companies that do that in Japan.

Also, you never know what could happen, especially in 200+km/h battles.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 22:22   Link #129
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev.skyline View Post
you do know that the japanese drive on the LEFT side of the road, so when over taking you over take on the RIGHT, so its the exact opposite of what you said it was the safer option.
Yes i do know (i drive in macau and canada). But the pt is there is a truck on the right that just sped up and there is nothing on the left.
Old 2007-06-29, 08:05   Link #130
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Removing the speed limiter is something that only requires modifying the ECU in any way, there is way a lot of companies that do that in Japan.

Also, you never know what could happen, especially in 200+km/h battles.
Good luck sourcing a 300kmh speedometer for some cars.
Old 2007-06-29, 08:19   Link #131
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaGDB View Post
Good luck sourcing a 300kmh speedometer for some cars.
Funny that those do exist for some of the cars meant for really high speeds (Nismo 320km/h speedometers for Skylines, anyone?), and some cars already come with them (Z32 300ZX, for example). But the best example must go to Top Secret's Smoky Nagata, with this 'the speedometer doesn't work, and we can't be bothered to fix it right now' at one time.
Old 2007-06-29, 08:24   Link #132
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Not to mention that aftermarket digital dashes wouldn't have that problem.
Old 2007-06-29, 12:55   Link #133
moshun

what are the specs for the cars? the Z and the porsche. is it a 79Z and a 93 porsche?
Old 2007-06-30, 14:20   Link #134
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Watched the first episode and it was pretty much exactly what I expected... Bad. But of course I think highway racing is gay so no shock that I didn't like it. I do think the CG looks really good though, probably good enough to carry me through a couple more episodes.

I wonder if people are gonna be running out to buy 240z's now like they did with the AE-86 Corolla.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 22:25   Link #135
280z

heheeh if they do i can sell them my z for triple what i paid
280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 02:39   Link #136
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Quote:
what are the specs for the cars? the Z and the porsche. is it a 79Z and a 93 porsche?
It's a 70s Nissan Fairlady Z aka 240Z (S30), while the Blackbird is a Porsche 911 (964) Turbo (which version unknown, I'm assuming the later 3.6L version). As for the specs, the 240Z have an overbored L28 (to 3.1L) running a twin turbo setup (pic of the engine was seen on the manga once), for about 620PS, while the Blackbird...constantly changes (it was shown that they various setups for even the intercooler, from a top-mount reminiscent of 993 and later Turbos to others).
Old 2007-07-05, 22:59   Link #137
280z

Specs on z should be an l28 bored out to 3.1 stroker, with twin turbos and triple mikuni carbs. pushes about 600+ straight to the real wheels with no tcs thats prolly why he spins out so much . Good engine setup, its what im trying to put in my z, that or an rb swap from a skyline.
280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 00:53   Link #138
slidingk1

The Porsche is most definatly not a 993 it's actually a even earlier model gt2. You can tell that it's a gt2 by the distinctive front bumper on the car. In regards to driving at speeds of 300kph or 190mph is not something most cars can do. The wind resistance there and the weight of the car matter greatly and is not going to happen in a car without lots of power and proper areo. And again my grip about how cars will turn so much those speeds it's not even funny. I suspect all the owners of the devil Z just suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try even twitching the wheel at 120mph or 200kph and see what happens. I swear idiots.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 08:22   Link #139
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

The Blackbird is a 964 series 911 Turbo 3.6.
Old 2007-07-07, 08:55   Link #140
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

OMG... can't relate w/ you car freaks... =P i'll just be waiting here for subs lol^^

Last edited by kaerstan01; 2007-07-07 at 09:28.
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
racing, seinen