AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-01-30, 05:20   Link #181
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The point is: The only thing that is cut short is the trial and error-time.
All the clones are basically trying the same thing at the same time, however they make it a bit different and statistically there are a few who make it better. Without clones, Naruto would have to try it one after another; with the clones, he can make it parallel.
Then he has to dispell the jutsu, gain the knowledge, and start from anew with the new knowlegde. But the fact remains: All clones start from the same spot, they just work into different directions, out of which only one is the right one.

Now in the best case, he would need the same time without any clones, if he was lucky and always got it right on the first try. It's like walking thorugh a huge maze: if you can split yourself up on each junction, you will most likely reach the goal much faster, but if you are lucky and find the right way on the first try, it will take you the same time.
You are forgetting a few points.
First and foremost, the most important thing in training : repetition.
The KB training doesn't only allow to try hundreds of time in parallel, it gives all the experience back to its user. Ie Naruto has effectivelly the memory and experience to have tried and executed Wind manipulation and his new jutsu thousands and thousands of times for years.
Secondly what you say is true for people like Itachi. The KB training wouldn't have made him learn Fire manipulation faster simply because he got it right the very first try. But even for Itachi I doubt it would be true for any kind of jutsu no matter the difficulty, only an absolute genius wouldn't gain from this training.
Someone like Sasuke who needed a few days to learn Lightning manipulation would get it right at most in a few minutes instead.
But in the case of Naruto who's not a genius and "learn with his body" the advantage is tremendous. Remember also that you doesn't need to release all the clones : releasing the one clone who got it right give the information and experience to all the clones and Naruto at the same time.
The training gives to Naruto the learning rate of an incredible genius, something that he wouldn't have otherwise.

Hence why Naruto would never learn as fast naturally as with KB training.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 05:22   Link #182
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Personally I think it would be pretty lame if he could control it, and I hope Naruto instead has some means of immobilizing Kakuzu, perhaps with clones. At least I think we can all assume that Naruto is going to do more than simply throwing the rasenshuriken next chapter.
There are some unverified spoilers that answer your concerns.
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
But even for Itachi I doubt it would be true for any kind of jutsu no matter the difficulty, only an absolute genius wouldn't gain from this training.
What is an absolute genius? Is there a definition for that?

What Naruto tried to achieve couldn't be achieved by Yondaime, who is considered to belong to the set of the highest level geniuses. His genius didn't seem to help him a lot on that matter. At the beginning of that training method, the main advantage was mostly considered for the case of learning jutsus with the highest difficulty, for instance a jutsu that might have taken a few years to complete even for the highest level geniuses.

So, if Itachi would require a few days to learn a jutsu, even for Naruto, a so-called non-genius, using Kage Bunshin would not be a must to learn that in a reasonable time. Considering that he finished Rasengan in a very short amount time, and Kage Bunshin in one night, if he has the ability to achieve it, he might achieve it in a similar time frame compared to the genius ones (like, days to days, months to months, years to years).

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-01-30 at 05:35.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 05:49   Link #183
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
What is an absolute genius? Is there a definition for that?
I meant it as a guy ables to do anything and everything perfectly at the first try, aka someone who doesn't have any "training-time".
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 06:33   Link #184
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
What is an absolute genius? Is there a definition for that?

What Naruto tried to achieve couldn't be achieved by Yondaime, who is considered to belong to the set of the highest level geniuses.
Was it even stated he was a genius. He has always been portrayed as someone really strong, but
  • Jiraiya said Naruto and Yondaime were similar
  • Jiraiya told Oro it was no fun teaching geniuses and that he didn't geniuses (well, IIRC, he said Uchiha, but that what he meant) to make badass ninjas
  • It has been stated Rasengan was an ideal jutsu for Naruto as it didn't require any seals. (for some reason, Naruto is supposed to suck at forming seals even if he didn't have any trouble with the ones for Kage Bunshin and Kuchiyose, but that's not the point). Guess who felt the need to spend years developping it ? (and Hiraishin no Jutsu doesn't require any seals during the battle as well, I think)

I don't buy the Naruto is Yondaime theory, but I really think Yondaime is closer from Naruto than the likes of Itachi or Kakashi. I think he is no genius, but an ordinary ninja who built his way to the top.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 06:46   Link #185
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Was it even stated he was a genius.
What he has achieved at that young age with no known bloodline or demon supporting him tells that he is definitely not an ordinary ninja. And, considering how he is thought of by other considerably strong people, he deserves to be put next to that geniuses.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 11:10   Link #186
chuckcsf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Was it even stated he was a genius. He has always been portrayed as someone really strong, but
  • Jiraiya said Naruto and Yondaime were similar
  • Jiraiya told Oro it was no fun teaching geniuses and that he didn't geniuses (well, IIRC, he said Uchiha, but that what he meant) to make badass ninjas
  • It has been stated Rasengan was an ideal jutsu for Naruto as it didn't require any seals. (for some reason, Naruto is supposed to suck at forming seals even if he didn't have any trouble with the ones for Kage Bunshin and Kuchiyose, but that's not the point). Guess who felt the need to spend years developping it ? (and Hiraishin no Jutsu doesn't require any seals during the battle as well, I think)

I don't buy the Naruto is Yondaime theory, but I really think Yondaime is closer from Naruto than the likes of Itachi or Kakashi. I think he is no genius, but an ordinary ninja who built his way to the top.
So what then is your definition of genius? I think Naruto is a genius... He seem that have accomplished a lot more than any of his peers in regards to power.... except for maybe Sauske but it is too early to say since we haven't really seen Sauske's real powers and we haven't completely seen the changes in Naruto.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 11:22   Link #187
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I don't buy the Naruto is Yondaime theory, but I really think Yondaime is closer from Naruto than the likes of Itachi or Kakashi. I think he is no genius, but an ordinary ninja who built his way to the top.
I personally don't like the fact that people keep harping on yondaime. He's in the past. Yea it's cool to use him as a lose comparison to what naruto has the capability for, but they are different. We should just go with facts. Yondaime was Hokage, he was skilled at Seal jutsus, Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, AND created at least two of his OWN s class jutsus. Similarities to naruto (right now) are looks, and a bit of inherent attitude. That's about it. Naruto isn't outstanding in taijutsu, and he only knows a hand full of ninjutsu.

Naruto's strengths are Immense chakra capacity-which directly effects his stamina, and his akward imagination-which he uses to surprise his oponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
So what then is your definition of genius? I think Naruto is a genius...
In this series genius is a term that is very losely based.
1) Lee is a genius of hard work:meaning he can do it if it requres ludicrous effort or makes his life harder?
2) Sasuke and Neji are geniuses because of thier blood limit: I would imagine that you would have to suck to not be able to do regular abilities associatied with your blood limit. Sasuke and Neji are good cuz they learn those abilites faster than the Majority of their clan (itachi would be ultimate sharingan genius)
3) Sakura and Shikamaru are regular geniuses: They are just friggin smart. High IQ. Smart people can outsmart you. In the end, it's more effective than just foresight, or understanding alone.

I didn't SPECIFICALLY metion Kakashi, Shino, Kabuto, Orochimaru, or any Akasuki, but they would still be Better than average. That would tecnically make them geniuses. This whole series is about what you can accomplish reguradless of Status (A.K.A) being a genius. Every conflict so far has been about that or some lonleyness crap. It doesn't really matter who's labled a genius, it's only another plot device.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Akatsuki's real pourpose was to 'exalt geniuses' above everyone else so that they get stronger/more power, and the weak are destroyed or something
__________________
"Only Chakras can grab onto Chakras. That's common sense!" Killer Bee

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-30 at 11:56. Reason: Don't double post.
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 12:33   Link #188
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-There is something that I do not understand. Naruto is utilizing the Kyuubi's chakra as of now correct? This is clearly evidenced in his eyes since they are slit. However, he is still capable of producing the Fuuton nature, something his own chakra has been recently been revealed to posses. However, the Kyuubi's chakra is different since it belongs to the kitsune himself rather than Naruto. Could this mean that Naruto has learned how to convert any chakra into the Fuuton Nature or are his own chakra and the chakra of the Kyuubi so intertwined that they share the same exact elemental properties?
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:07   Link #189
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
A lot of fake spoilers running around now. But this is the first one that could be legit.


Spoiler:
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:27   Link #190
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-There is something that I do not understand. Naruto is utilizing the Kyuubi's chakra as of now correct? This is clearly evidenced in his eyes since they are slit. However, he is still capable of producing the Fuuton nature, something his own chakra has been recently been revealed to posses. However, the Kyuubi's chakra is different since it belongs to the kitsune himself rather than Naruto. Could this mean that Naruto has learned how to convert any chakra into the Fuuton Nature or are his own chakra and the chakra of the Kyuubi so intertwined that they share the same exact elemental properties?
Naruto has been using Kyubi's chakra during all his training you know.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 13:58   Link #191
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lusitania
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Naruto has been using Kyubi's chakra during all his training you know.
yep. That's why Yamato was needed during the training! And that is way,maybe, the 4th wasn't able to do the Fuuton Rasengan. Cause he didn't have the chakra capabilities!
__________________
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 14:04   Link #192
chuckcsf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
A lot of fake spoilers running around now. But this is the first one that could be legit.


Spoiler:
Spoiler for 340:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Gaara View Post
yep. That's why Yamato was needed during the training! And that is way,maybe, the 4th wasn't able to do the Fuuton Rasengan. Cause he didn't have the chakra capabilities!
Nah, I think it is always hard to do it when your time is limited. Plus, him being a Hokage, I'm sure he would have a lot of chakra to spare, maybe.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 14:14   Link #193
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Naruto is utilizing the Kyuubi's chakra as of now correct? ... However, he is still capable of producing the Fuuton nature, something his own chakra has been recently been revealed to posses.
It is most probably converted into his own chakra, in a continual manner, instead of using the kyuubi chakra directly as if he is in kyuubified mode. But, still it is an interesting question.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 14:48   Link #194
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Hold it! Wasnt it...

Naruto used the Kyuubi chakra to create bodies (Kage Bunshin) and then with his own chakra (wind natured) using his Wind Rasengan?

About Yondaime & Jiraiya:

- I do think that the 4th was a genius...may things lead to it.
- The fact that Jiraiya was a succesfull sensei (watching his student become a Hokage) could've ment that Jiraiya wanted to try it with a dropout this time.

"It's not fun to teach someone who is already perfect" He wouldnt know if he didnt had experience with a genius student now would he?

The techniques of the 4th (in my opinion) prove that he wasnt your ordinary shinobi.
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 15:39   Link #195
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 25
I agree the 4th had to be damned smart to be able to create the rasengan and all his other techniques. he was indeed brilliant, a genius? Perhaps...i gues we'll never know
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 15:43   Link #196
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaiku_of_Sand View Post
I agree the 4th had to be damned smart to be able to create the rasengan and all his other techniques. he was indeed brilliant, a genius? Perhaps...i gues we'll never know

Form Kekkashi's flashback, the 4th was no dummy. He was everything that Naruto isn't. I don't know if he was a genius but he was no dummy either.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 15:52   Link #197
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 25
i think we just have to watch an see thats all
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:25   Link #198
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
It is most probably converted into his own chakra, in a continual manner, instead of using the kyuubi chakra directly as if he is in kyuubified mode. But, still it is an interesting question.
Kind of like Kakuzu's chakra get the affinity of the heart it passes by if you ask me.
The Kyubi's chakra passes by Naruto's heart and thus would takes its affinity.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:26   Link #199
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 25
i think naruto WILL be getting another affinity. im not sure what but i know he will.
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:34   Link #200
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaiku_of_Sand View Post
i think naruto WILL be getting another affinity. im not sure what but i know he will.
It wouldn't Fire and Lighting since those are Sasuke's Elements.

He already have Wind so that leaves Water and Earth.

Since Gaara has sand which is a type of Earth. I will go with Water.

Which make sense since Wind > Lighting and Water > Fire.

Naurto will be able to make a Mega Hurrican to drown a village.

Naruto - Hurrican Chronicles
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.