AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-31, 18:02   Link #241
prolifik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post

Did you miss the Sound/Sand invasion arc? Shika binded 8 chuunin. He then used 8 shuriken to try to kill them. The 9th member, a jounin hiding in the trees, blocked the attack. Shika can use any projectile attack to kill someone bound in his shadow. There is no way for them to defend themselves.
I always thought that Shika would take the same damage as his opponents when he had them in the shadow bind. Why did he attempt to throw the shuriken at them?
prolifik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 18:04   Link #242
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolifik View Post
I always thought that Shika would take the same damage as his opponents when he had them in the shadow bind. Why did he attempt to throw the shuriken at them?
Nope, he doesnt take the damage, He just move as the one he has binded.
Old 2007-01-31, 18:24   Link #243
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolifik View Post
He doesn't. However, in the last preliminary round of the Chuunin exam, the Sound Ninja had her shuriken's holster exactly at the same place as him. Since Shika and the Sound ninja were doing the same move, if Shika went for a Shuriken attack, she would have done the same (she would have got a shuriken with the same move as Shika).

Those 8 ninjas hadn't any shurikens (or at least not in the same place as Shika, so Shika taking a shuriken wouldn't allow them to get theirs), so he could throw his shurikens safely.
But well, Shika should have been killed (or at least attacked) by the 9 nth ninja. Unless Asuma was toying with him and had pwned the 9th already and deflected the shurikens before waiting for him to run out of chakra. The 9th not doing anything else than deflecting the shurikens just doesn't make any sense.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 18:57   Link #244
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
yeah i always wondered about that too; if that 9nth ninja was really there all along, what the hell was his purpose in waiting out Shika's kagemane? Asuma fooling around seems to be a more plausible explanation.

also, although he doesn't take damage, he did say it hurt when Naruto punched Gaara in Lee's room before the 3rd round of chuunin exams. I guess it's because he's forced to move the same as his bound opponent, the quick movement of Gaara's head caused Shika to sprain his head :P
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 19:13   Link #245
chuckcsf

Well, the ninth Ninja was probably making sure that Shika was alone but was forced to reveal himself to save his comrades. It is also possible that right after he revealed himself, that was the time that Asuma attacked him. This is more plausible than Asuma fooling around. With the Village being attacked, I doubt he had the time to be fooling around.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 22:06   Link #246
yinstro

shika's ninjutsu is far from weak, but its not his ninjutsu that makes him a hokage candidate (eventually) its his intelligience, a hokage needs power to defend a village, but more important is strategy and administration, with hidden scrolls and all the varied ninja of konoha at his disposal, who couldnt he beat? He defeated hidan with mostly intelligience, he created the plan that defeated kazuku, only problem he didnt have enough information on him, he was directly responsible for most of this teams progress vs these akatsuki. Since his departure from the kazuku battle that team has been on the ropes.

You can underestimate him, but even with no jutsu hed still probably make a great leader.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 22:12   Link #247
sazan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro View Post
shika's ninjutsu is far from weak, but its not his ninjutsu that makes him a hokage candidate (eventually) its his intelligience, a hokage needs power to defend a village, but more important is strategy and administration, with hidden scrolls and all the varied ninja of konoha at his disposal, who couldnt he beat? He defeated hidan with mostly intelligience, he created the plan that defeated kazuku, only problem he didnt have enough information on him, he was directly responsible for most of this teams progress vs these akatsuki. Since his departure from the kazuku battle that team has been on the ropes.

You can underestimate him, but even with no jutsu hed still probably make a great leader.
Being Hokage might be "too troublesome" for Shikamaru.
sazan fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 23:58   Link #248
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Spoiler for Chapter 340:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 00:19   Link #249
Sogoro
Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan View Post
Being Hokage might be "too troublesome" for Shikamaru.

perfect quoting on Shika's behalf.
Sogoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 00:59   Link #250
prolifik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLaptopChan View Post
also, although he doesn't take damage, he did say it hurt when Naruto punched Gaara in Lee's room before the 3rd round of chuunin exams. I guess it's because he's forced to move the same as his bound opponent, the quick movement of Gaara's head caused Shika to sprain his head :P
Yeah that's what I was getting at. Why would Naruto's punch on Garra hurt him, but a handful of shurikens wouldn't.

I don't know, maybe I am wrong.
prolifik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 01:20   Link #251
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cani View Post
Spoiler for ch340 spoiler:

dont know if its true though...
This spoiler was confirmed as true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolifik
Yeah that's what I was getting at. Why would Naruto's punch on Garra hurt him, but a handful of shurikens wouldn't.

I don't know, maybe I am wrong.
He wasn't hurt. He was complaining because his head was suddenly snapped back from Gaara's movement. It annoyed him. Remember how he defeated Kin in the chuunin exams. He moved back and her head was slammed into a wall knocking her out. If Shika took the same damage as his opponent, he would've been knocked out too

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-02-01 at 02:01.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 02:07   Link #252
LoOnatick
1ne Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by cani View Post
Spoiler for ch340 spoiler:

dont know if its true though...

*sigh* it's been confirmed. This is the true script of chapter 340. Aight, I'ma wait 5-6 weeks or more then start reading the manga again XD.
LoOnatick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 02:27   Link #253
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoOnatick View Post
*sigh* it's been confirmed. This is the true script of chapter 340. Aight, I'ma wait 5-6 weeks or more then start reading the manga again XD.
Spoiler for 340:
Old 2007-02-01, 02:59   Link #254
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
He wasn't hurt. He was complaining because his head was suddenly snapped back from Gaara's movement. It annoyed him. Remember how he defeated Kin in the chuunin exams. He moved back and her head was slammed into a wall knocking her out. If Shika took the same damage as his opponent, he would've been knocked out too
Those are the same principles: if his head was snapped back when Naruto punched Gaara, then his head should have also stopped going downard when Kin hit the wall...unless he released the shadow bind at or near the instant of impact.

Besides, it looks like Shika's a little hurt as well as surprised by that punch.
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 04:15   Link #255
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

He was a little hurt because his head was suddenly snapped back.
Since Gaara had his armor of Sand he wasn't hurt himself so there was no pain to share anyway.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 04:40   Link #256
Rahan

LQ raw for 340 is out. Time to create the new thread ^^