AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-15, 20:52   Link #101
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Well....

Before the actual DVD comes out, here's a little "To Heart Memory" from 3.5 years ago that you fellas might hopefully find amusing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke8urM_9kfQ

Enjoy!!

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 04:55   Link #102
Catnips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
You mean Nanaka's "hawawa~" in Nanaka 6/17?

Here we have To Heart "licensed" (!!!) by a certain video group called Magnavision. They released the series in VCD format and dubbed it into English. I had no complaints on the dubbing because the dialogue in To Heart is so simple anyway.

But as I recall they didn't include the 'omake' episodes in it! ~~Hawawa!! I'll want to have them if I can...
Oh the first english dubbed To Heart was dubbed in the Philippines by a group called Telesuccess Productions(the same team that dubbed Great Dangaioh and Corrector Yui) too bad its only available in english dubs without Jap audio with and english subs...The dubbing?Well kinda nice(way better than those Singapore english dubs) but i really hate the voice of Akari and Aoi's dubber in that dubs(voiced by the same person...)that hard accent when delivering lines is what annoys me....Oh they've dubbed it also in Filipino for local TV release(same dubbers) but its still not yet aired up untilnow..

Oh well im looking forward to the U.S DVD video release of To Heart...
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 12:59   Link #103
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnips View Post
The dubbing?Well kinda nice(way better than those Singapore english dubs) but i really hate the voice of Akari and Aoi's dubber in that dubs(voiced by the same person...)that hard accent when delivering lines is what annoys me....
Just goes to show: Unless you are the one-and-only Nozawa Masako (The Voice of Son Goku/Son Gohan/Son Goten in Dragonball Z), never try to voice more than one character at the same time in an anime.

“Oh I love you Jesus, but only as a friend. You touched my heart but I hope that's where the touchin' ends. You're always lookin' over me when I need a higher power. But you better look at somethin' else when I'm in the shower.”

-The Idiotic Homophobic Country Western Singer from Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 02:14   Link #104
Catnips

My rant with that voiceactress is that her voice is kinda lousy(lacks emotion) and her accent is typical Filipino type(kinda hard)but at least that dubber is also the script wirter of the series and the dialouge and translation was good.,honestly there are only three female dubbers and two male dubbers in the Philippine-made english dubs of To Heart.. But in fairness the dubs was good.But im looking forward also to the english dubs made by Rightstuff Media to see whether its par with the other english dubs.
Old 2007-03-20, 03:18   Link #105
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Looking forward to Rightstuff's products as well. I'm actually among the few who saw the Philippine-made english dubs of To Heart (one of the first anime series I bought as home videos, and one of the things that jumpstarted me into becoming a major anime fan) - I actually bought the VCD's made by Magnavision (in fact I never got to see even see any Japanese dub of the first TH), so I'm curious as to how Rightstuff's version will compare with Magnavision's, especially terminologies like
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-20, 05:04   Link #106
Catnips

I think the translator there had a slight conflict in translations but overall the dubbing was good even if there are only three female dubbers here...

I'll list the names of the dubbers in the Filipino made english dubs of To Heart soon.

(Magnavision handled the distribution of the local video release but its Telesuccess Productions that dubbed and owned the rights)...
Old 2007-05-11, 09:36   Link #107
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well, I got one of Right Stuff's dubs of To Heart (Episode 4, the one that introduces Aoi Matsubara) via the free DVD from NewType USA. My assessment: most of the girls' voices are actually very similar to the Philippines released dub, and for the most part the choice of words used is different. Hiroyuki though sounds older (in fact he sounds like the english Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya). It was kinda weird though hearing Akari call Hiroyuki "Hiroyuki-chan" even while speaking english (in the Philippine English dub, no honorifics were used). Also, Aoi didn't sound so excitable and panicky as she did in the Philippine English dub.
Old 2007-11-24, 22:15   Link #108
Shana
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Shana
Dead thread? Oh man. 6 pages? That shouldn't be!

I've bought DVD1 from RightStuff. I don't wanna hear the dub, as always. Meh, this series is SO moe. I watched the ep2 a few minutes ago, I loved it. I have to watch each episode like 2 months after I watch the previous episode, I can't, I just can't see all that 3 moe episodes in one day ><.

Akari made me wanna cry, becouse she's like a second Tsukasa. Or Tsukasa is a clone of her, only lefting the hair color...

Anyways, I should be buying DVD2...
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 16:45   Link #109
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Episode 3 is my favourite with the enigmatic Serika (I presume you've watched that by now?), I was never all that keen on episode two personally except that it introduces Serika (I like Hiroyuki's obliviousness, with Shiho saying "do you really go to this school?" when he doesn't know who the heiress to a billioniare business empire is. Serika's quiet weirdness is brilliant, and I like the way Hiroyuki happily helps her look for a lizard's tail for her black magic potion without seeming to think it was a bizarre, like he was just looking for a lost glove or something.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 19:47   Link #110
DanielSong39

To Heart is somewhat old-school when it comes to its portrayal of moe, as it focuses in on the girls' talents, determination, and optimism. You won't see too many damsels in distress who need to be rescued by the male lead.

Probably my favorite dating-sim conversion to date - a surprisingly insightful show with many applications to real-life situations.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 20:30   Link #111
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
You won't see too many damsels in distress who need to be rescued by the male lead.
Not rescued maybe, but they always need a helping hand. I think perhaps the nearest to moe helplessness is Multi, ironic that an android would be the most dippy girl of the bunch. All the girls have a streak of determination about them though, one way or another, except perhaps Kotone who seems rather fatalistic about her jinxed talent.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote