AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-05, 19:26   Link #101
Guido

Episode 12 - Protect Urara's Stage

Ladies and Gentlemen, a quarter of Pretty Cure 5 has been completed upon the conclusion of this episode. I am not certain if this season is going to last exactly 48 episodes, but it will definitely be less than 50 episodes like the rest of its predecessors.

I personally enjoyed a lot of this episode for several reasons:
1. The top-notch animation quality was back.

2. The fight with the Kowainaa-of-the-week was explosive and fast paced.

3. TOEI toys again with tampering the rules of magic-girl genre.

4. Mika is once again on the tail of the Pretty Cure scoop.

Spoiler:

In this episode I found out that my favorite character is Mika, even though she's just a regular side-character.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 16:13   Link #102
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
4. Mika is once again on the tail of the Pretty Cure scoop.
Speaking of which I'm already convinced that she'll be the running gag of the series. Especially in regards to she decides to focus on. So I wouldn't be surprised if a pattern develops. Okay granted it's already developing, but ah well.
Old 2007-05-09, 10:31   Link #103
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Still watching of course. Damn I might have to back this show up. It's really not bad. Just 5 girls kicking arse. Oh, just finished watching episode 12 finally. So waiting for more.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 14:50   Link #104
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Just 5 girls kicking arse.
Plus nothing says bad-ass like being willing to butterflies to kill your enemies! In any case back to watching episode 14 for now. On a side note I wonder if the current group of villains will eventually be replaced by the time the series reaches the second half.
Old 2007-05-09, 15:30   Link #105
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Plus nothing says bad-ass like being willing to butterflies to kill your enemies!
Hahahaha!! Plus, the fashion trend is make sure you kick arse with clog heel shoes. Definitely ass kickers since first series. But I think these hurt more.Hahahaha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
In any case back to watching episode 14 for now. On a side note I wonder if the current group of villains will eventually be replaced by the time the series reaches the second half.
More than likely. The series always has to get harder and darker by the second half. Or else it's no challenge. I find it interesting that they used a corporation for the bad guys.

"Arachnea, it seems that your performance has dropped."

Shows business grid chart. I practically cracked up. That's what the show needs some creative humor.
Guess this tells us that big corporations really do suck and get a kick out of stepping on people's dreams.

Again thanks Arienai, for working on this series.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 16:29   Link #106
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
More than likely. The series always has to get harder and darker by the second half. Or else it's no challenge.
Plus they need some excuse to introduce new merchandise err I mean the Yes 5! version of those power up items. The thing Black and White had on their arms. Same for Egret/Windy. Although for Bloom/Bright it was more like a belt.

Quote:
"Arachnea, it seems that your performance has dropped."
Ah yes and part of the fun has been seeing Bubbi on one hand intimidate his employees and yet at the same be intimidated himself by his superiors.
Old 2007-05-11, 02:43   Link #107
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I'm thinking that Bubbi's superiors are the stronger, darker villains Precure will have to face in the second half.

Edit: Desparaiah-sama.

Last edited by Maximum Burst; 2007-05-12 at 20:36.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 13:00   Link #108
Karen_Minazuki

Where are the episodes to look? I want to see them too!
Karen_Minazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 18:19   Link #109
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_Minazuki View Post
Where are the episodes to look? I want to see them too!
If you know how to use torrents, you can get them subbed in English from here:
http://www.arienai.com:1337/
Old 2007-06-09, 15:16   Link #110
LeoHamasaki

Yay, a thread for Pretty Cure!
I am loving this season, one of the best, IMO. My favourite is Urara, so kawaii *-*'
And I love their attacks, henshins ^^' all so colorful! I can't wait to see Milk-chan, she seems cute in the preview pictures (although i duuno if they're real, but it looks like so).

This thread was heaven for me with all those pictures *__* thanks a lot for them \o\
LeoHamasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 07:23   Link #111
Yogzilla

Speaking of, does anyone know of any good sources for PreCure5 (and the previous shows) pictures? Not looking for anything naughty but for a show that's supposedly so popular, I'm surprised there's so few pix out there - - or, if there are, I'm not finding them. Thanks in advance.
Yogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 11:40   Link #112
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Finally, after 20 episodes of the villains doing absolutely nothing productive, things get kicked up a notch. I can't wait until next week's episode . I hope these dark Precure people stay for a while; they should have had black outfits instead of white . Also; SUPER GIRINMA.

Also, here are the powerups stored in Milk's luggage thing.

Dream Torch
Rouge Takt (abbv. German "Taktstock" = Conductor's baton)
Lemonade Castanet
Mint Leaf
Aqua Ribbon
Old 2007-08-11, 23:07   Link #113
Guido

Episode 13 - Rin-chan's Sports Club, It's Decided!

Look whose back!!

Quarkboy has come back and brought us again moreYes! Pretty Cure 5

For all Pretty Cure fans out there, Arienai fansubs has released a quite big batch of 10 episodes, including episodes 13 to 20.

Arienai, banzai!

I got to admit that this episode was one among the best I have seen so far due to its content for character development.

This time it was Rin's turn.
Spoiler:

With this episode Rin has been picked by me as another of my favorites. She's the worrisome of the group when comes to fullfill her promises and obligations to her friends. And she's quite a pair of little siblings, which literally give her a frankful headache much to her dismay.
Old 2007-08-12, 15:50   Link #114
Guido

Episode 14 - The Worrying Student Council President, Karen!

In one weekend watched two Pretty Cure 5 episodes, then this show is not letting me go off.

Last episode I liked that they broke up the daily routine by not switching back to the Nightmares HQ, complaining about their failures at getting the Dream Collet from Pretty Cure.

For this episode they made the whole sequence rather laughable with Kawareeno brownnosing around.

Spoiler:

Definitely, if Bunbee appears in the battlefield, the whole episode turns fun.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-18, 02:41   Link #115
Guido

Episode 15 - Hustle! Nozomi Helps Out!

Sorry for the triple post, but this thread has become very lonely. People c'mon, Arienai and MFTGX have resumed again their subs for Pretty Cure 5 and Splash Star, so there should be at least a little activity for the respective threads.

Another decent episode to me, since this one featured Gamao and, therefore, skipped the whole sequence at the Nightmares HQ complaining about failures and low productivity in their jobs.
Spoiler:

Nozomi is TOEI's version of Mai-Otome's Arika Yumemiya, though Nozomi is way above clumsiness and absent-mindedness even if she means well.

But wait, the episode also revealed that Nozomi's mom had as well her record of being clumsy during her teens. Like mother like daughter, ain't them?
Old 2007-08-19, 00:19   Link #116
Guido

Episode 16 - Komachi Abandons Being a Novelist!?

Assuming that Pretty Cure 5 will follow on its predecessors' footsteps and step below the 50th episode mark, as of today I am done with one-third of the entire series.

Definitely, I liked the improvement on the whole episode of the week format.

Spoiler:

Karen felt dismayed for Nut's opinion about her handwritten novel.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-22, 18:21   Link #117
Guido

Episode 17 - Love Story of a Girl with a Pure Heart

The long hiatus was indeed a refreshment because it incited within me my desire to watch again Pretty Cure 5, but after watching sixteen episodes my initial impressions have been washed away.

I do start to feel dragged and a little bit bored watching the story leading nowhere, but exploring each of the girl's individual aspirations then fight the Nightmares when the girls' dreams are mocked by those guys.

Nothing special happened at episode 17, but I warmed up to Rin. She was dissapointed that her crush turned to have a girlfriend after all, but it is a staple in the magic-girl genre, and the Pretty Cure franchise is no exception, that they deliver a moral.

In this episode the moral is that there are alway deceptions waiting ahead in life, and whether we like them or not we need those letdowns in order to acquire experience to become wiser and more proactive in fighting for our goals.
Old 2007-08-26, 17:56   Link #118
Guido

Episode 18 - Attack! Karen's Private Life

I'm honest to say that the battle style was a dramatic improvement from the previous matches.

The Kowainaa are acquiring experience by fighting the Pretty Cure. This episode's Kowainaa learned how to duck and dodge the girls' punches and kicks with agility and speed, reacting on instinct.

Arachnea put them into too much pressure by turning a greenhouse into a marshland jungle to further her advantage.

On top of that Mika was about to discover the Cures on-live and would had made the connection to Karen, if it wasn't for the timely but logical arrival of a DEUS-EX-MACHINA.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-02, 01:38   Link #119
Guido

Episode 19 - Search for Urara's Secret

Another enjoyable episode quite more or less.

They focused less on the whole fight with the Nightmare of the week and instead placed the emotional focus upon Urara.
Spoiler:

BTW, the episode disclosed that Urara's half-Japanese.

Her father, Michel, is French.
Old 2007-09-07, 21:42   Link #120
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
BTW, the episode disclosed that Urara's half-Japanese.

Her father, Michel, is French.
Interesting that she uses the surname "Kasugano," then.

Spoiler for ep. 20:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl, school life