AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-01-05, 02:36   Link #21
Go-lytely

I burn everything because I can always share them with my friends or else there is someone out there I can trade with. Whenever there is a sale on CD-R's I jump and buy as many as I can. Who knows, maybe 5 years from now I will have the urge to watch a show that never got licensed.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 04:05   Link #22
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I watch and keep it on my HDD until I need more room, then I delete. I hate the idea of burning CDs and having a crap load of CDs everywhere. Besides, if I really like a series I'll buy it (eventually). I d/l to see what is good enough for me to consider buying so I don't waste money on something I don't like. Also watching an hour or two of anime helps me unconciously improve my Japanese
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 09:22   Link #23
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
short animes: I watch them, then burn them and delete them from my pc
long animes: I usually keep the eps on my pc until I need more room, then I delete

^^
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 11:59   Link #24
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

i actualy either save them on cd-r or on the hard drive or on a vhs tape yah u heard right that ancent piece of technology but it serves its perpos because i cant afford a dvd burner yet.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 12:07   Link #25
Tboz

Those that I watch, I delete when I can comfirm that there isn't any season two or followup.

Those that I like, I burn them on cdr.

Those that I love... I buy them on DVD.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 12:11   Link #26
Empty_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
doesn't matter how much I spend on the CDs..... Spending the time to download is what counts.... I just can't bear to part with anything I've downloaded... its like deleting my effort.....

I feel the same way. I'm a pack rat, so if I went to the trouble to download it, I'm keeping it. I'm running into a little problem though. I've filled up about 300GB of HD space, and I'm out of room for new stuff. And the thought of burning that all to CD gives me the willies. I wish I had the money for a good DVD burner.
Empty_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 12:15   Link #27
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_One
I feel the same way. I'm a pack rat, so if I went to the trouble to download it, I'm keeping it. I'm running into a little problem though. I've filled up about 300GB of HD space, and I'm out of room for new stuff. And the thought of burning that all to CD gives me the willies. I wish I had the money for a good DVD burner.
I saw a LG 4X DVD burner near where I live costing $130 CDN, which is about $80 US
Old 2004-01-05, 13:18   Link #28
tsuki_desu
Hidden in the darkness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Do you watch and delete the fansubs or do you save them onto a CD-R or for those lucky enough to have a DVD burner a DVD?

I don't have a DVD burner so I can only save em onto a CD-R, which as you may know holds only a couple of episodes at most. I would end up spending way too much on CD-R's to save series on to disc so I only save the ones I really really like.

Otherwise I watch and delete.

What do you do?
Same thing.
Old 2004-01-05, 13:29   Link #29
Red HamsterX
Eien no ai~

Send a message via ICQ to Red HamsterX
As long as the series is something I liked enough to download all of, I'll burn it.

Thus far, I think I've deleted three series after the first episode, and five due to licensing mid-cycle while the episodes were still on my drive.
Everything else has been most thoroughly burninated to CD.
Old 2004-01-05, 14:09   Link #30
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I watch and delete crappy animes. Recently I deleted Lord of Lords Ryu Knight as it way too childish for me to enjoy.
Old 2004-01-05, 15:33   Link #31
Pandora
Poisoned

I burned them on to CD-R, since I'm not DL that many anime anyway, plus I only download those that I really really like. I'm using dial-up, so I would only DL an anime if it REALLY worths my time.
Old 2004-01-05, 15:38   Link #32
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I watch and burn to cd-r's. I agree that i took to time to download it, and since my connection isn't great, i feel the need to keep my anime i downloaded***pets his computer for the tons of hours it stays on for his enjoyment*** Series i don't like i delete before it's done because i won't watch crap, too much to watch without wasting time on crap. I like to keep the cd-r's as backup or to let my friends watch or trade with. Like others, if i really like the series, i will buy the dvd's(i own 190+dvd's all R1).

Too bad i enjoy Lord of Lords, the one i hated and deleted after watching 7eps of it's crap was Maburaho. A couple of other series i deleted too but i can't remember them right now.

The one anime that got me too actually watch all it's crap was E's Otherwise, man they did a good job at hinting it could be actually good. By the time the series showed it was going to be nothing but crap i was too far into it and had to see at least what outcome it might have. Now if they make a season 2 and explain all the crap that wasn't in season 1, then i might forgive the show, but i don't see that happening. Guhy that show diguised itself well.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 16:01   Link #33
Thany
Unfair

I most likely delete everything unless I really like the anime, then I just keep it on my HD...
Yeh, I know it may be dangerous, but I'm too lazy to burn it on CDs...
Gotcha do it on DVD somedays, perhaps.
Old 2004-01-05, 17:32   Link #34
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Download, watch, burn to cds, pass on to friends.

Rinse and repeat
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 21:20   Link #35
PSX
SCEI

Send a message via ICQ to PSX Send a message via AIM to PSX Send a message via MSN to PSX Send a message via Yahoo to PSX
i have a dvd-rw drive but ive never used it(im probably putting it to waste)

for me, just buy external hdds when youre out of memory ^^
Old 2004-01-05, 21:40   Link #36
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I burn everything I download to cd, no matter how bad it is. That way I can show the good series to friends cursed with dial-up connections. As for saving the bad series, well I went through the trouble of downloading, so I mught as well save them, just to say I have it.
Hmm, guess I'm not the only one who thinks that. This is the exact same reason why I burn everything, good or bad.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 22:08   Link #37
7thMethuselah

basically it depends on the quality of the show

If i really liked it : i go out and buy them on DVD

If it was ok, enjoyable : burn on CD

If was was awfull, i delete them (this doesn't happen too often as i haven't found too much shows that i really hated)

Off course there is always the storage problem so maybe i should get my hands on a DVD burner
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 22:10   Link #38
Spooky-Electric

What are external harddrives, and how do they work? Where can you buy one? Etc. etc.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 22:52   Link #39
LifeIsStudy
How very educational

Talking

hehe i actually go with the watch and delete. i do this cuz i hate goin to the store so many times to buy cd-r's and wait for them to burn also. instead what i do if i want to see a series i previously watched i borrow them from my friends.
LifeIsStudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 23:20   Link #40
Forse
r00t for life

if ($me=='like') {
get_on_dvd('Series');
}
else
{
exec('rm -rf /dir');
}