AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 07:47   Link #81
Chichi

Originally yes (reminiscing the multiple external drives filled with carefully named and ordered files), proceeding to manually label DVDs and burning each series, - storing them in a leather case (), only to then wipe the slate clean with the intention to download my favorites (that never happened) until finally deciding to actually BUY everything officially on DVD (I do live in Japan and I can understand Japanese fluently, granted preferring to have English subtitles). Sadly my budget is lessening considerably with 350 DVDs as of this post!
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:15   Link #82
jigolo

I mostly burn in CD-R for i like to watch..
Old 2008-10-04, 23:35   Link #83
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

lol 90% of te anime i watch a never watch a second time. i rarely save animes. i usually delete them right after watching

i just dont understand who has time to watch the same thing when there is so much more anime, and new weekly anime out there

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 13:43   Link #84
GuavaNectar
Hikikomori

Burn to DvDs. However, unfortunately... I ran out. I ALSO ran out of space on my computer. x_x Currently I'm filling space on my desktop and then I have no clue what I'll do. For obvious reasons, I hate redownloading.

Quote:
i just dont understand who has time to watch the same thing when there is so much more anime, and new weekly anime out there
I have the time. :P I'm picky with anime so if I haven't a new one, I'll rewatch a favorite that I haven't seen in a couple years.
GuavaNectar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 16:40   Link #85
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

no matter how good an anime i've watched is it'll have 0 rewatchability for me, so the second i'm done with an anime off to the recycle bin it goes
Old 2009-03-16, 19:07   Link #86
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

I save stuff I get on a 300GB HD (now almost full), but don't burn since it takes too much time and I don't really have anyone to give it to anyhow. Stuff that i didn't really like or won't ever watch again I delete. And, keeping steadfast in my obligations to my elder brother (as he has designated me as his "anime tester"), I give him anime whenever we are able to meet.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 21:28   Link #87
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

generally i watch and delete. unless the series is very good, in which case i burn it to some medium. (i don't have an external..)

otherwise, if the series has the word "Aria" in it, it stays on my hard drive for access whenever i feel like it.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 20:35   Link #88
~ Lawliet ~

Only keep the really really good stuff usually.
All else deleted once they've been watched already.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 23:30   Link #89
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
i keep mine... sometimes i get an urge to listen to some of the OP's and ED's ^_^
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 23:38   Link #90
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Lol, why don't you get the soundtrack then?

I used to save only the ones I really, really liked into CD's first (reached about 100 CDs), then started to put almost all animes I downloaded into DVD's when I got a DVD burner (reached about 100 DVD's) and now I finally have a 1TB external HD where I put all the animes I like, which is currently at 300 GB mark...
Old 2009-03-18, 03:25   Link #91
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

If the series is very, very good I save them, but it isn't impossible I remove them together with the rest within time, as re-watchability falls quickly. My anime folder is only 125GB so far, since I clean it when a *good* series is done, and I don't want to spend money on burning them.

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 03:32   Link #92
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Unless I absolutely hated a show, I'll simply transfer it to an external HDD after I've watched it.

I can foresee some very long nights in future when I dust off my anime external HDD and fire up the projector. =D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 04:05   Link #93
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Most of anime I watch I haven't rewatched. But then again, I've only watched anime for an about an year.

I always store all animes that I've watched till the end. As I won't watch an series to it's end no matter how bored I would be ;P. With that said, I have about 1.5TB or so of anime atm.

Planning to buy DVD's later to burn them as if I store them well, I won't ever lose them.. ( One of my externals died the other died.. fortunately, it had no anime in it yet >.< )
Old 2009-03-18, 08:30   Link #94
othera

I don't download any anime >:

My bro has a LOT of DvD's though, he saves everything he watches to share with friends(and me <3) and such, even the bad stuff - incase he runs into someone that would like it
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 08:43   Link #95
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Most of anime I watch I haven't rewatched. But then again, I've only watched anime for an about an year.

I always store all animes that I've watched till the end. As I won't watch an series to it's end no matter how bored I would be ;P. With that said, I have about 1.5TB or so of anime atm.

Planning to buy DVD's later to burn them as if I store them well, I won't ever lose them.. ( One of my externals died the other died.. fortunately, it had no anime in it yet >.< )
I watch anime for about 2.5 or 3 years and got like ~600GB. So either you are downloading like crazy or I am just slow. I think its the latter though x_x

More on topic:
I save everything I download. Even series I dont really plan to rewatch. I got the time and HDD space, so why not. Still have ~800GB of free space so that will be enough for a looooong time.
Old 2009-03-18, 13:28   Link #96
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I had come across a very similar thread also from the same year 2004 . The thread in Q was

* How do you store your anime / manga ?

Okay I did not find my post in that thread either, so another thread exists
Old 2009-03-18, 13:28   Link #97
Trisse
Habitual Lurker

Typically, I wait a week or two after finishing before I make my decision. In the end, about 50% of the stuff I watched ends up on some external HDD; even if I'm not going to rewatch it myself, I tend to run into people looking for a series I just happen to have. Why not share the fun?
Trisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 13:53   Link #98
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
I used to burn absolutely everything to DVD's as i had no internet and had to exchange anime with other people. and so in 3 years i gathered 2.5 TB. now i burn only the good stuff.
external HD is more expensive, by the way.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 19:01   Link #99
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I watch anime for about 2.5 or 3 years and got like ~600GB. So either you are downloading like crazy or I am just slow. I think its the latter though x_x
yeah, it's definitely the latter

Quote:
More on topic:
I save everything I download. Even series I dont really plan to rewatch. I got the time and HDD space, so why not. Still have ~800GB of free space so that will be enough for a looooong time.
.. the statement about watching and saving doesn't jive with the record low HD space you use
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 21:02   Link #100
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
used to watch and burn now i stream