AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 41.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 15.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-03, 18:00   Link #41
Xosen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
I really think Light is not acting at the end of the episode. In fact it's the perfect act as he now truly believes what he is saying. Even a lie detector would now show that he is telling the truth, as he now truly believes he is not Kira.

However I still not understand why there has been 15 days without criminal dying. If criminals keep dying, it would also prove that Light is not Kira, so at this point I can only think this was intended to try to mess up L's deductions.

I believe Light is not in danger at the moment, but I really can't imagine how he is going to prove that Misa is not the second Kira......
Xosen is offline  
Old 2007-02-03, 19:36   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosen View Post
However I still not understand why there has been 15 days without criminal dying.
I think the question of "Why?" has much more easier answer than the question of "how?" How did he manage to kill those people? How did Ryuk help out? If Light indeed looses his memory, how does he plan to recover from his temporary amnesia? How? How? How?

Btw, there were 8 days of interval before the murder start happening. Light put his plan into motion at the 7th day of his confinement. News of people dying were out on the 15th day of their captivity. 15-7=8..
__________________
Eat and sleep! Sig by RRW.
Nanatsu no Taizai! Why haven't you watched it?
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2007-02-03, 19:53   Link #43
psycho bolt
Cowmaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Hmm this episode also made me ponder how will Light get his Death Note back if he lost his memories already.
psycho bolt is offline  
Old 2007-02-03, 22:30   Link #44
Ardea
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It is most definitely not the imagery. Visual imageries are the main reason a lot of the fans assume Misa was tortured. They saw her all tied up, and because the old man had a syringe on his hand along with some funny looking liquid. Almost all of us have experienced an injection or two in one time or another in our life time. And since it is safe to assume that almost none of us will associate an injection with happy memories, Misa's getting a few shots by the old man is easily explained as torture.. Fact is, if enough attention paid to the spoken dialogues which is the meat of this series, then a lot of the things start making sense. In my humble opinion, the self realization of many of those unsaid things are what drawing so many fans to this show. Fans that are reaching to a conclusion by relying mostly on the visual interpretation of things, will be in for a rude shock when they finally understand how grossly off track they always have been. In fact, that observation has been proven in couple of occasion already.
I feel like whatever I am posting may be misinterpreted, because I feel like I'm debating, which is not my intention!

I just don't feel like interpretations for the show are wrong though, if people hear, read, and see different things. That's all. ^^;

Is it really a rude shock if people discover they are off track? I think that's what makes anything with an element of mystery very enjoyable and engrossing! I wouldn't buy a mystery novel if I could easily guess who the criminal was, nor if everything was clearly what it was.
Ardea is offline  
Old 2007-02-03, 23:57   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardea View Post
I just don't feel like interpretations for the show are wrong though, if people hear, read, and see different things. That's all. ^^;
I agree! That's probably the reason why I like arguing about such things, mind you, nothing serious other than some playful jabbering.

Quote:
Is it really a rude shock if people discover they are off track? I think that's what makes anything with an element of mystery very enjoyable and engrossing! I wouldn't buy a mystery novel if I could easily guess who the criminal was, nor if everything was clearly what it was.
My apology. Now that I read my last sentence with the accompanying words "rude shock," it does seem like I'm trying to win an argument here with some choice words. That wasn't my intention at all. I promise I'll behave.

Taht said, I still stand by my understanding that enough hasn't been thrown in our way to give leeway to one of the two possibilities associated with Light's recent behavior: if he is acting, or if he has forgotten. I also don't think Misa was tortured.
__________________
Eat and sleep! Sig by RRW.
Nanatsu no Taizai! Why haven't you watched it?
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2007-02-04, 05:18   Link #46
Xosen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think the question of "Why?" has much more easier answer than the question of "how?" How did he manage to kill those people? How did Ryuk help out? If Light indeed looses his memory, how does he plan to recover from his temporary amnesia? How? How? How?
I can't see Ryuk being part of the plan. He has never tried to help Light, except when finding the cameras, but that was because he wanted some juicy apples... ^_^

So at this point I believe it's Rem who is doing the killing, and who will give him Misa's death note once Light is set free. Will he recover his memories once he is in possession of a death note? Than I don't know......
Xosen is offline  
Old 2007-02-04, 10:26   Link #47
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Ryuk cant get apples on his own anyway. Not unless some apple on the fruit stall starts disappearing mysteriously. Rem i believe has left the story already. Since misa's death note is with rem, then i get a wierd feeling that the story will take a turn towards the death note entering a 3rd person's hands, and light trying to get that death note. The whole thing is a very confusing concept, since light, being not kira anymore, shouldnt have any memories of a death note, thus he wouldnt be able to get the death note, but he cant just lose his death note like that, he is the protagonist after all :/
Scep is offline  
Old 2007-02-04, 17:17   Link #48
Xosen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Ryuk cant get apples on his own anyway. Not unless some apple on the fruit stall starts disappearing mysteriously. Rem i believe has left the story already. Since misa's death note is with rem, then i get a wierd feeling that the story will take a turn towards the death note entering a 3rd person's hands, and light trying to get that death note. The whole thing is a very confusing concept, since light, being not kira anymore, shouldnt have any memories of a death note, thus he wouldnt be able to get the death note, but he cant just lose his death note like that, he is the protagonist after all :/
IIRC Ryuk has to be near Light while he is the owner of his Death Note, so he can't go to find some apples. Now he can go to an apple tree and eat some apples :P Maybe I'm wrong....

Rem is still an important part of the story. Light will die if Misa is not saved, so Rem has to be somewhere watching whats happening.... well, maybe not near, Rem can still watch what's happening from the Shinigami's world, no?

I can't see Light trusting a third person, or Rem giving Misa's death note to someone different than Light.... maybe Ryuk will give his Death Note to someone else, as enjoys watching interesting humans....
Xosen is offline  
Old 2007-02-04, 22:37   Link #49
Antonik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I agree! That's probably the reason why I like arguing about such things, mind you, nothing serious other than some playful jabbering.


My apology. Now that I read my last sentence with the accompanying words "rude shock," it does seem like I'm trying to win an argument here with some choice words. That wasn't my intention at all. I promise I'll behave.

Taht said, I still stand by my understanding that enough hasn't been thrown in our way to give leeway to one of the two possibilities associated with Light's recent behavior: if he is acting, or if he has forgotten. I also don't think Misa was tortured.
I believe she was tortured. I mean she didn't care for her well being as long as Light was happy, and I think she believed her Knight in shining armor would rescue her. But once we see her in that confinement shes broken and asks Rem to kill her, and in parts she was moaning :-D which was missing when her memories were erased. Theres also the line where L tell the old guy to use any means necessary to get her to talk, and I think it was more of an order rather than a scare tactic.

I really think theres enough proof (Don't know if i can call it that) to show that she indeed was tortured.

But but actually If Light was able to remember that he himself said that he was Kira, and he though someone was controlling him. Then I would say that Misa would remmember being tortured, but since she wasn't worried about Stalker-san hurting her at first, it would be relative safe to assume she was not hurt by L but by the Death Note related stuff that she forgot, and all that was used on her were truth serums if that


It could go either way since like you said we don't know the extent of the memory loss inhibited by Light and Misa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosen View Post
IIRC Ryuk has to be near Light while he is the owner of his Death Note, so he can't go to find some apples. Now he can go to an apple tree and eat some apples :P Maybe I'm wrong....

Rem is still an important part of the story. Light will die if Misa is not saved, so Rem has to be somewhere watching whats happening.... well, maybe not near, Rem can still watch what's happening from the Shinigami's world, no?

I can't see Light trusting a third person, or Rem giving Misa's death note to someone different than Light.... maybe Ryuk will give his Death Note to someone else, as enjoys watching interesting humans....
I believe that at the begining Ryuk explained that he doesn't have to be with Light, but he wants to see what happened to him as long as he had the Death Note. There is no rule that a Shinigami has to stay with a human who has a Death Note.

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-05 at 13:29. Reason: Double posts merged!
Antonik is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 03:09   Link #50
Xosen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik View Post
I believe that at the begining Ryuk explained that he doesn't have to be with Light, but he wants to see what happened to him as long as he had the Death Note. There is no rule that a Shinigami has to stay with a human who has a Death Note.
Just checked it. In episode 3, around minute 15:30, Ryuk tells Light that he has to be near while Light owns the Death Note.
Xosen is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 05:15   Link #51
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Episode 15 and 16 has made me realise that both Light and L are despicable but for some reason I very much dislike, perhaps even hate, L. The reason is because of his torturing of Misa. "You may use dubious methods...", that really pissed me off.
noir senshi is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 05:29   Link #52
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 27
Okay, finally watched this episode, was waiting for the...better...version.
I also don't read manga.

Anyway, this was very interesting. Light discards Rem's/Misa's Death Note. Then he turns himself in telling L he might subconsciously be Kira. L puts him in jail - after all there's nothing to lose and this might truly be a way to close the case.
2 weeks pass and no criminals are judged. It would seem that Light is Kira, but then his plans are set in motion. He officially discards his Death Note&Ryuk and a bunch of criminals are killed by the third Kira. It will be interesting to see who it is, how Light got him/her to play along, how Light got the timing to match so perfectly, and how he's going to reclaim his position as Kira with his mind wiped. Light is at the moment a genuine member of the Kira investigation team...
__________________
Jaden is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 07:00   Link #53
Lambda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
Brilliant scheme by Light here, it's amazing how much he gets out of the limited resources available to him.
Spoiler for ep16:
Lambda is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 08:16   Link #54
Antonik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosen View Post
Just checked it. In episode 3, around minute 15:30, Ryuk tells Light that he has to be near while Light owns the Death Note.
Hmm I could've sworn otherwise, You are right then/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda View Post
Brilliant scheme by Light here, it's amazing how much he gets out of the limited resources available to him.
Spoiler for ep16:
the 7 days might be significant, as Misa was imprisoned for a week aswell until we saw her talk with Rem and she gave up her note.

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-05 at 13:28. Reason: Double posts merged! Please use the "edit" button.
Antonik is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 10:46   Link #55
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Deepest layer of Hell
Good Lord, I'm confused as hell, and for some reason, I think Raito is faking his amnesia...
hitokirigirl is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 11:30   Link #56
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Decision

This is the episode that I call the breaking point. The despair and anxiety building up kept me on the very edge of my seat.

For certain we can coclude as of now that Light pawned L's lights.

Spoiler:


What happens with the killings?
Spoiler:
Guido is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 12:01   Link #57
GriS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I am also confused... or rather puzzled why Light would just give up ownership of death note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda View Post
Brilliant scheme by Light here, it's amazing how much he gets out of the limited resources available to him.
Spoiler for ep16:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik View Post
the 7 days might be significant, as Misa was imprisoned for a week aswell until we saw her talk with Rem and she gave up her note.
I must say this is really cunning one... if this is indeed true, Light in this case would have fail to convince L.

Spoiler for why L wont be convinced:


The case of all suspects being killed at 15th day really shock me... although many has listed out the possibilities in this thread, I still can't believe it.

But how will Light get death note back? Even if he write and influence third party's actions, he still must be careful not to include his own name in the death note or else it's game over. It would mean it's really difficult for him to get it back even if third party is instructed to place the note near to Light.

But one possible theory on how to get his note back
Spoiler:


From the preview and part of epi 16, i think the third person is...
Spoiler:


Last, I have not read manga, cause I have no interest in reading manga.
GriS is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 12:14   Link #58
FlashCE
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I gotta say that the anime, up to this point, is WAY superior to both the Death Note live action movies. This is the first episode I've seen since the second movie and Light's expression in this episode is just godly.
FlashCE is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 13:24   Link #59
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Deepest layer of Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
From the preview and part of epi 16, i think the third person is...
Spoiler:
I already pointed that out, in the very beginning, and my comment was........... hum, nevermind...
As you said, their relationship is deprived of any affection. In last episode, Yagami was upset about Raito being suspected, and I think it's a matter of his father pride
rather than concern about his son...

The way Raito said "stubborn" to his dad was very harsh. A well brought-up kid like him would never say such irrespectful word to his elder.
hitokirigirl is offline  
Old 2007-02-05, 13:45   Link #60
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xosen View Post
Just checked it. In episode 3, around minute 15:30, Ryuk tells Light that he has to be near while Light owns the Death Note.
I've completely forgotten about this. Cookies for you Xosen! This is the first solid fact that supports the assessment that Light's memories associated with the DN may indeed have been wiped clean. Oh my gosh! What an audacious Light!

L took a huge gamble by revealing himself to Light. Light is now gambling with his memories just to mislead L? Incredible! Sorry, if I sound high on caffine, but suddenly the episode 17 can't come soon enough.
__________________
Eat and sleep! Sig by RRW.
Nanatsu no Taizai! Why haven't you watched it?
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.