AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-02, 09:12   Link #81
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Regarding Kakuzu's attempt to take Naruto's heart... Maybe he would have taken Kyuubi along with it, and could simply have handed it over to Akatsuki later?
Just like Deidara would have somehow taken the Kyubi along with the explosion of his clone? Nah, this is probably Kishimoto not really overthinking his plot :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokule View Post
everyone is paying so much attention to the artwork and situation. One thing I noticed that hasn't seemed to be noticed is that Sasuke still has Kakashi's seal around the seal that Oro gave him. Before when he and Naruto met that seal was not there!? Oro is definately able to remove the seal since it is just a hinderance, but now, the image of him shows Kakashi's seal and Naruto has never known about the whole ORO seal story. So any ideas?
Either a mistake from Kishimoto or Sasuke still has Kakashi's seal in Naruto's wet dreams.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 09:19   Link #82
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
I kinda hate the fact that Naruto has always been made pathetic.
Or that Ino still remembers him as a pathetic person...

The fact that indeed Ino & Chouji havent noticed Naruto's Kyuubi eyes is also very annoying. Neji clearly noticed right away (after meeting near the cave+seal on it)

But what annoys me even more is that Ino has the guts to talk about Naruto like that while she did absolultly NOTHING so far.

So overall...a very annoying chapter. This will be animated in 5 minutes a mere battlescene.
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 09:21   Link #83
Zerokule
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In my own little world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Either a mistake from Kishimoto or Sasuke still has Kakashi's seal in Naruto's wet dreams.
gross

yeah proly a mistake, not the first, but as an Otaku, it's a responsibility to find these errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
The fact that indeed Ino & Chouji havent noticed Naruto's Kyuubi eyes is also very annoying. Neji clearly noticed right away (after meeting near the cave+seal on it)
Neji's eyes and the sharingan are COMPLETELY in different leagues of their own even though they had the same roots, they are purposed for different uses
__________________

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-02 at 09:33. Reason: Don't double post.
Zerokule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 09:33   Link #84
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
The fact that indeed Ino & Chouji havent noticed Naruto's Kyuubi eyes is also very annoying. Neji clearly noticed right away (after meeting near the cave+seal on it)
Even if Ino and Chouji have noticed Naruto's eyes, what will they say? "Naruto! Your eyes have changed"

Anyway, I don't remember Neji's reaction to Naruto's eyes, but, I wouldn't be surprised if he beforehand knew about Kyuubi, just like Sakura, thereby allowing him to pay more attention to the one in front of him or take notice of the differences caused by Kyuubi.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 09:53   Link #85
yinstro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
i think its hard to see a story in serial form sometimes, not every chapter is can be super if your going to develop charachters or stories. this chapter was actually pretty important, it gave you an insight into what type of attack this is, one slight but important difference, because of its shape, this is not an easily blocked technique, not to easy to just grab his wrist. But even beyond that mastering nature manipulation wind has many other uses.

him failing is important it shows you his current limits with this, it shows you its a close range technique, but it needs something else to be complete, much like teh chidori did. what will it be for naruto yeah prolly the yellow flashs technique. maybe not, anyhow. I think its not so much that kazuku ignored the other naruto as much as he had to defend, its all good to know you have to watch the guy with teh knife, but if you dont take care of the other two then they will beat you up and the guy with the kife will egt you anyhow. So yeah naruto was able to force an opening with 3 of himself, ino chouji and kakashi were un able to do the same in their fight.

but yeah this is a prelude to the real fight. it wouldnt be a big deal if you could read 3 or 4 chapters in a row though. I do think this was necessary for setting up the new rules of his jutsu for you as well as showing you hes still not goku the perfect hero fighter.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 10:01   Link #86
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Anyway, I don't remember Neji's reaction to Naruto's eyes, but, I wouldn't be surprised if he beforehand knew about Kyuubi, just like Sakura, thereby allowing him to pay more attention to the one in front of him or take notice of the differences caused by Kyuubi.
Spoiler:
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 11:27   Link #87
BlackShinobi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
(SPOILER WARNING)-Damn. Not a good chapter. It was very diassapointing to see Naruto screw up . I actually thought he had changed as Yamato stated to Kakashi but its obviouse hes just the same untaleneted ninja hes always been. And it appears from the look in his eyes he may be inadvertantley using the kyuubi chakra. This kakuzu fight seem a bit too draged out . And what has Ino done so far battle wise??? And what happen to the interrogation of the bounty hunter??? These last few chapters hevent been very good at all. Nothing really concrete has happened besides the fact that Hidan is incopasitated, and we dont even know for sure if that fight is over since Sai and Sakura were sent to back up shikamaru. What do yall think????????

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-02-02 at 12:21.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 12:06   Link #88
Mists
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I think we're going to get another one of those shonen cliches...an excuse to go 1v1. This happens in every shonen...I don't get why, maybe because it's hard to draw and think about multiple characters in action? Whatever the case, I like the latter better.

Yeah Ino and Chouji are out of character, everyone is. Their sensei just died, Yamato believed in Naruto, Naruto screwed up even though he's supposedly "different."

I have a feeling Naruto will be on the edge of death trying to beat Kazuzu to show his spirit while the others watch and whisper "Naruto..." As Naruto tries to prove his fighting spirit and his urge to win.

I think Naruto will not kill Kazuzu and Kazuzu is taken back by someone once the leaf ninja leaves and says "That guy...even more stubborn and resilient than the 4th..." so then he'll remind every Akatsuki member about the 9-tails. We end up with another Itachi and Fishguy confrontation while the leader watches behind them. And then Sasuke shows up with Oro, and Oro says "go ahead, complete your destiny so I can complete mine" and a whole mess of a new arc starts
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 12:30   Link #89
Nuu
Teh Sauce
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Western Mass
Age: 29
well if that is the case where naruto does get beaten to the brink of death and wins, its still very possible that we see another training session with Jiraiya and possible more to the insites of what orochimaru and sasuke have been up to or a move on there part to deal with some akatsuki
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 13:23   Link #90
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro View Post
i think its hard to see a story in serial form sometimes, not every chapter is can be super if your going to develop charachters or stories. this chapter was actually pretty important, it gave you an insight into what type of attack this is, one slight but important difference, because of its shape, this is not an easily blocked technique, not to easy to just grab his wrist. But even beyond that mastering nature manipulation wind has many other uses.

him failing is important it shows you his current limits with this, it shows you its a close range technique, but it needs something else to be complete, much like teh chidori did. what will it be for naruto yeah prolly the yellow flashs technique. maybe not, anyhow. I think its not so much that kazuku ignored the other naruto as much as he had to defend, its all good to know you have to watch the guy with teh knife, but if you dont take care of the other two then they will beat you up and the guy with the kife will egt you anyhow. So yeah naruto was able to force an opening with 3 of himself, ino chouji and kakashi were un able to do the same in their fight.

but yeah this is a prelude to the real fight. it wouldnt be a big deal if you could read 3 or 4 chapters in a row though. I do think this was necessary for setting up the new rules of his jutsu for you as well as showing you hes still not goku the perfect hero fighter.
Yes, but this technique is only a half-complete jutsu. Since it looks like a a Suriken I'll theorize that the complete version will be a projectile. I doubt it will be the Yellow Flash technique as it's supposed to be a techniques that has never been done before. I agree that this was a chapter meant to give more insight into what the final product may become.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 14:11   Link #91
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
And, we don't know how much Kyuubi's power Naruto is using despite the eyes. The current Naruto should be different than the highly emotional one in the Gaara rescue arc. It might be as high as you assumed or as low as Naruto desired.
Well, this eyes are not product of emotions (it seems) , Ill say this eyes are more due to the Seal getting weaker every moment.

Quote:
Anyway, I don't remember Neji's reaction to Naruto's eyes, but, I wouldn't be surprised if he beforehand knew about Kyuubi, just like Sakura, thereby allowing him to pay more attention to the one in front of him or take notice of the differences caused by Kyuubi.
Hmm, well Sasuke did see those same eyes in the forest of death, still until recently he came to know it was the Kyuby. I guess people just find it weird, but a few get to really make the connection with Kyuby, like Orochimaru did.

Regarding Neeji, even in recent chapter it seem as he still didnít knew, either way, thatís how its struck me.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 19:32   Link #92
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I kinda hate the fact that Naruto has always been made pathetic.
Or that Ino still remembers him as a pathetic person...

The fact that indeed Ino & Chouji havent noticed Naruto's Kyuubi eyes is also very annoying. Neji clearly noticed right away (after meeting near the cave+seal on it)

But what annoys me even more is that Ino has the guts to talk about Naruto like that while she did absolultly NOTHING so far.

So overall...a very annoying chapter. This will be animated in 5 minutes a mere battlescene.
Maybe cause he is pathetic
give the kyuubi to kohonamaru and he'll do better
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 20:57   Link #93
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Well, this eyes are not product of emotions (it seems) , Ill say this eyes are more due to the Seal getting weaker every moment.
Most probably, the more stronger Naruto gets, the weaker the seal gets. Even though, what you say is possible as the sole reason, I'll still go with emotions as the main reason in addition to what you mentioned. To me it is more like, the threshold for emotion triggering unintentional Kyuubi chakra activation is decreasing as time goes by.

Quote:
Hmm, well Sasuke did see those same eyes in the forest of death, still until recently he came to know it was the Kyuby. I guess people just find it weird, but a few get to really make the connection with Kyuby, like Orochimaru did.

Regarding Neeji, even in recent chapter it seem as he still didnít knew, either way, thatís how its struck me.
Sasuke saw more than the eyes; he also saw a transformed Kyuubi, maybe even the red chakra. Still, he didn't recognize anything different in Naruto regarding a different source of power. If he didn't, then it would be cruel to expect something from Ino and Chouji. And, in the world of Naruto, it is not difficult to have a change of eye without a demon (Sasuke and Neji).

For Neji, I mostly assume he knows based on his status as a jounin. Considering his position, I assume he would be given necessary knowledge on Naruto, since it is a matter of security and if he wouldn't be informed then who would be.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 22:02   Link #94
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 25
Kishimoto is just screwing with us this chapter. this is gay as hell
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 01:14   Link #95
Ashura3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaiku_of_Sand View Post
Kishimoto is just screwing with us this chapter. this is gay as hell
I know, right?! Keeping Naruto in-character is sooo lame. They should totally turn him into a mini Sasuke or mini Yondaime asap!
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 05:10   Link #96
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
There is already five pages about it, but anyways here it comes :

I liked the part where Naruto screwed up, it was really unexpected. Props to Kishi for that. Chouji was hilarious, and Yamato giving Naruto too much respect was funny as well.

The new jutsu being a hand-to-hand technique, a simple update of rasengan , was pretty weak though. From what we've seen so far, the technique suck ass. I'm really disapointed.

I didn't like how Kakazu was about to lose so easily, maybe Kishi should have hyped up Naruto's speed. Kakashi giving Naruto respect about his "growth" was annoying as hell, what did he do to earn it ? Nothing, he got rescued like a dumb genin. And the comparison with the Fourth, wtf ??

Like many have pointed out, awesome drawings of Naruto's clones, Kakuzu's defense and Kakashi and Yamato saving the day once again. Very nice indeed.

Kakazu isn't that badass after all, Kakashi could handle his combo attacks with Hidan and protect Shika, Ino, Chouji at the same time. Now he's saving Naruto again. IMO Kakashi > Kakuzu.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 06:10   Link #97
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I don't see why everyone is saying naruto screwed up. If anything I think he's already shown he's improved. He use tactics and got a chance for a direct shot against Kakuzu. Only Kakashi has done that, and he had to do it while Kakuzu was looking at another nin, Naruto did it when he was taking him on alone. Granted he was using clones, but they're his clones.

The deal with Reshuriken - u have to remember its already been stated to be 50% complete. He doesn't have enough experience with it yet, and has 0 battle experience. I think someone stated before that he probs never tested how long it lasts, when he went to attack someone it was probs instantanous, not running at them from 50 yards away. Its just too unstable atm, 50% is a LONG way.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 06:43   Link #98
elusive
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
You guys don't get it.

the same way kakashi's raikiri was flawed w/o the sharigan is the same naruto's jutsu is flawed. naruto won't get the sharigan so to complete the jutsu's effectiveness he'll need to learn a jutsu to complement it, the 4th's Hiraishin no Jutsu. maybe that's the jutsu jiraiya told him not to use.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 07:12   Link #99
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^ elusive,

You're right and this chapter illustrates it very well when he gets caught by Kakuzu. However, if he simply uses a clone to hold the shuriken then the jutsu is complete.

And about the classic "don't use this technique" by Jirayia and Oro, I can't help to think that Kishi just throws it to hype up a character but hasn't decided yet what the techniques will be.

Last edited by Sarugaki; 2007-02-03 at 07:29.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 07:58   Link #100
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
I don't get it... first Naruto hasn't made any significant changes in 2.5 years, then it looks like that he's going to get a ultrauberjutsu by training with his old sensei but it turns out that it's basically the same jutsu only more destructive and with another shape. I mean did the Rasengan really need more destructive power? Damn I want the old days back... cool fights like Zabuza 'n stuff. Shikamaru looks like the most badass avenger of all time and Naruto seems to doesn't make any progress at all.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.