AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-16, 09:13   Link #201
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Simple relationship between Meyrin and Athrun? I hardly think so. Athrun would probably still be in the military or something, as his role in the CE saga is far from over yet. It would be a very big sacrifice on Meyrin's part in trying to understand him and be there when Athrun needs her. And knowing Meyrin, she probably will. But she can never be Athrun's Cagalli. At least, until Morosawa decides to flesh out her intent on why she put Meyrin with Athrun in the Onogoro Memorial.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 10:50   Link #202
WhiteWings
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, California
It's more relatively speaking for either relationships. Neither of the possible couples would have a normal, quiet, and average relationship considering who they are. But Cagalli is and probably will be a major political leader for most of her life. Having a relationship with her guarantees a busy, preoccupied, and distracted relationship. At least with Meyrin it's remotely more possible to have a simple and quiet one. But I don't think any of them are suited to a quiet lifestyle just sitting around so...
__________________
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anybody driving faster is a maniac?" – George Carlin
WhiteWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 11:45   Link #203
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't see either of those relationships being "symetrical". In Cagalli's case, Cagalli is the important one and Athrun would basically have to shape his life around hers.

In Meyrin's case, it's the reverse. Athrun is the important one and she must make most of the sacrifices.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 14:31   Link #204
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
So, at this point athrun and cagalli are officialy broken up?? Because of the whole yuuna thing right?
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 23:25   Link #205
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
So, at this point athrun and cagalli are officialy broken up?? Because of the whole yuuna thing right?
Nope, it ain't over till the fat lady sings...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 11:30   Link #206
kira-sama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i'm so sure athrun and cagalli haven't broken up
if they broken up many fans of asucaga will anger hehehehe
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 12:58   Link #207
WhiteWings
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, California
The fat lady has to sing but the only fat person I've seen with a decent screen time was that ZAFT captain when Strike Freedom made its debut.
__________________
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anybody driving faster is a maniac?" – George Carlin
WhiteWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 22:18   Link #208
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I do not really think that Athrun tried making his life centered around Cagalli or anything...he left for the PLANTs remember....and it's not like Athrun minded that Cagalli was busy with running Orb because he said it was alright because he understood Cagalli's life was complicated at the moment. Cagalli, on the other hand, knew how hard it was for Athrun because she wasn't able to be there for him always. I mean, if Athrun was just simply there for the sake of Cagalli and because he deems her more important than everything else besides, I do not really think Athrun would leave for the PLANTs, he would STAY with Cagalli. However, I have no idea how they would pull off Cagalli's wedding with Athrun around. LOL.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 23:21   Link #209
UchihaTaijiya
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I was a major fan of Athrun/Cagalli in Seed. But after Destiny (and Cagalli's character development), I find myself leaning toward the possibility and potential in Athrun/Meyrin. Though there is such little development between the two. ^^;;

I'd say on the whole though, that I prefer the two couples equally.

Athrun needs support (imo). He's a great character (my favorite actually), but he really does need reassurance... and I think Meyrin is best suited for that.

I also like Athrun/Lacus, though not any more or less than Cag/Ath/Mey. XD
__________________
UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 23:39   Link #210
Oppius
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 28
I know this is wrong but it could be better if Kira and Cagalli live as brother and sister forever.Kira will find someone else better for Cagalli and Cagalli should not waste her youth to Athrun.

PS:I'm not an Athrun basher,okay!
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 23:49   Link #211
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Yes... And your avatar seems to give the impression you seem to like the idea of Kira and Cagalli getting married, or at least kiss which could give the impression of incestrial thought... o.O

I personally like Athrun. I was very put off at how Athrun turned out in GSD, but I still cling to the hope that maybe. Just maybe Athrun and Cagalli will get back together. The Athrun in GS wasn't so bad at all and Cagalli has a great personality that seems to fit with Athrun very well. Mwu and Ramius's relationship was touching, but Mwu dying, then coming back to life kinda ruined the feeling. Athrun and Cagalli can still invoke those feelings even better than Kira and Lacus can. And that's something I personally think is worth seeing and hoping for.
__________________
"Even in a crowd, I was always alone." - Ernest Hemmingway
"God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only choice is how." - Henry Ward Beecher
Friend: "Evidence that you guys are made of epic win." Me: "That wasn't my goal. My goal is chaos, fear and...eggs."
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 02:53   Link #212
ila-chan
ermmm...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: definitely not here
Off topic - Amex Yohko, can I have a larger version of that avatar of yours? Despite the fact I'm no Kira/Cagalli fan (not into incestious relationship), that pix of yours is simply... beautiful. God I can't believed I've write this.
__________________
my life revolves only on these things...

my final year project

my beloved akane the laptop

all bishonen guys ever existed in the history of manga




The rest could just go along with me or go to hell
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 02:54   Link #213
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
I do not really think that Athrun tried making his life centered around Cagalli or anything...he left for the PLANTs remember....and it's not like Athrun minded that Cagalli was busy with running Orb because he said it was alright because he understood Cagalli's life was complicated at the moment. Cagalli, on the other hand, knew how hard it was for Athrun because she wasn't able to be there for him always. I mean, if Athrun was just simply there for the sake of Cagalli and because he deems her more important than everything else besides, I do not really think Athrun would leave for the PLANTs, he would STAY with Cagalli. However, I have no idea how they would pull off Cagalli's wedding with Athrun around. LOL.
Yeah, and see what leaving for the Plants did to their relationship!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 13:37   Link #214
kira-sama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
athrun and cagalli is the best couple in GSD
for kira and lacus i think that's not couple "so boring to watch this couple it's much better that kira just alone "
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 15:51   Link #215
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
for kira and lacus i think that's not couple "so boring to watch this couple it's much better that kira just alone "
Oro? O.o

I think Kira and Lacus are a good couple. I mean, might as well concentrate all the sexiness and power in the Universe in one spot.

But seriously, they seem good for each other. I just can't see Lacus and Athrun together because Lacus is so resolute and Athrun is "What team will I be on today?" Though, with how this GS Movie is going to play out, apparently, Kira jumped teams, too. But that was to be with Lacus, I suppose, sooo... Maybe it's okay.

I am definitely an Athrun/Cagalli person, but I probably will never get to see that again. Like someone mentioned earlier, they put Meyrin and Athrun together at the end of Final Plus for a reason.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 15:56   Link #216
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Kira and Lacus are boring because they go well together. For couples to be entertaining, you need some kind of trouble for them to overcome. That, or hardcore action, but gundam isn't porn.

(That said, I have no problem with boring couples. I don't see why every pairing should be entertaining.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 16:15   Link #217
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Kira and Lacus are boring because they go well together. For couples to be entertaining, you need some kind of trouble for them to overcome. That, or hardcore action, but gundam isn't porn.





That made my day right there.

Quote:
(That said, I have no problem with boring couples. I don't see why every pairing should be entertaining.)
I agree. It's nice to see a quiet couple. A lack of angst is a nice break.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:41   Link #218
Oppius
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Off topic - Amex Yohko, can I have a larger version of that avatar of yours? Despite the fact I'm no Kira/Cagalli fan (not into incestious relationship), that pix of yours is simply... beautiful. God I can't believed I've write this.
I am sorry to dissapoint you because even today I still searching the full-scale image of my avatar.It was made by best friend and I dunno where does he get from.I forgot to ask him.

Back to topic,Cagalli seems to "enjoy" a broken heart at the end of GSD.The only thing I dislike about Kira/Lacus pairing is both of them seems too perfect too each other.Kira seems to perfect for Lacus and Lacus is too perfect for Kira.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 19:08   Link #219
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Kira seems to perfect for Lacus and Lacus is too perfect for Kira.
Or they're both just too perfect in general.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:45   Link #220
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Rightly said. LOL.

About the Kira Cagalli thing, I just watched an anime about fraternal twins falling in love with each other. O.o;; well, it kind of made my head asplode, but surprisingly, it was touching and beautiful at the same time...>.<;; now that was how beautifully made it was, and how I rooted for the both of them at the end too...;_____; *hides*

Anyway, I like Athrun Lacus too. Athrun was more concerned about his ex fiancee than Cagalli, WTF. Kira Cagalli FTW~~~~!!!
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.