AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-12, 12:13   Link #41
Naive
Tabloid Journalist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Where the Sidewalk Ends
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Well, it has never really been fully stated what's going on. She returned the ring to him despite all the trouble he went through for her. I didn't see or hear any dialogue between them to indicate where they stand in their relationship, so there's no way to say whether or not it's over or just taking a break as some has said. If they were to make another Gundam SEED series, I would like to see them try to work something out. But, at the moment, it's still a 50/50 situation, so there's still a chance.
She didn't return the ring though, if you've watched the SE IV, there's a specific scene showing her taking it off, placing it in a box, and putting it in her dresser with a lot of emotion. I think that itself points to the fact that there's unfinished business left between Athrun and Cagalli. I mean, if you think about it, when she was about to marry Yuuna, and at the time she knew Athrun and her didn't have a future, she tried to return the ring to Athrun via Kira. She didn't do it this time and she could have done it in person.

Plus the Orb!Athrun uniform makes me think that he's willing to stay by Cagalli's side, he took Kira's place as commander. He really has no reason to be in Orb except for Cagalli's sake, so I still think AsuCaga has a fairly good chance.

Either way: They're still the most popular out of all the SEED pairings, or should I say heterosexual pairings, as indicated by a Newtype Romance Poll a few months ago.



Here's a picture of the wedding specifically:

Last edited by Naive; 2007-02-12 at 13:16.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 13:15   Link #42
Moon Eclipse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
First if anyone's seen some of my previous posts about this subject you'll all know I'm an Asumey supporter. BUT even with that in mind Athrun and Cagalli still have hope. Even seeing the ring off her finger Athrun said it himself "It's okay, we're still headed in the same direction" which I would interprete as their paths will meet again at some time. Athrun would be willing to wait for her because that's just they type of noble self sacrificing person he has been throughout the series(es).
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 14:19   Link #43
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
shinnxluna 3rd place?? What Kind of Sick Joke is This? they are probably the most pointless couple in the history of anime.
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 14:36   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
shinnxluna 3rd place?? What Kind of Sick Joke is This? they are probably the most pointless couple in the history of anime.
There is no KiraXFllay either.

I still think that is the best couple in GS history with Fllay being the best develope of all the GS characters.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:30   Link #45
Naive
Tabloid Journalist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Where the Sidewalk Ends
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
shinnxluna 3rd place?? What Kind of Sick Joke is This? they are probably the most pointless couple in the history of anime.
Well, the fans didn't exactly have much of a choice between 3, 4, and 5. I mean Shinn is a main character after Kira and Athrun. MuMurrue are more secondary and DeaMiri weren't touched upon in Destiny.

And remember, according to Morosawa, ShinnLuna = OTP in Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos
There is no KiraXFllay either.

I still think that is the best couple in GS history with Fllay being the best develope of all the GS characters.
Yay, another Fllay fan, for some reason I feel like we're in the minority !

I don't know how popular KiraFllay is, I know YzakFllay is really popular for some insane reason. But I do agree that KiraFllay is one of the best developed SEED relationships, at least in terms of how people would act in that relationship given the circumstances.

Fllay's death = the saddest moment in SEED for me, especially when you see how happy Kira and Fllay were seconds before
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:47   Link #46
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
So...um. How does that pertain to Athrun and Cagalli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
She didn't return the ring though, if you've watched the SE IV, there's a specific scene showing her taking it off, placing it in a box, and putting it in her dresser with a lot of emotion. I think that itself points to the fact that there's unfinished business left between Athrun and Cagalli. I mean, if you think about it, when she was about to marry Yuuna, and at the time she knew Athrun and her didn't have a future, she tried to return the ring to Athrun via Kira. She didn't do it this time and she could have done it in person.

Plus the Orb!Athrun uniform makes me think that he's willing to stay by Cagalli's side, he took Kira's place as commander. He really has no reason to be in Orb except for Cagalli's sake, so I still think AsuCaga has a fairly good chance.
Yep. You're right. Sorry. She didn't have the ring on her finger. Not sure where I got the idea that she returned the ring. I have been able to see the Special Editions yet. It was because the Special Edition for Gundam SEED was boring as it was, even with extra scenes. I had the impression that this wasn't any different.

Anyways, I've always been an avid Athrun and Cagalli fan, so go Athrun and Cagalli.
__________________
"Even in a crowd, I was always alone." - Ernest Hemmingway
"God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only choice is how." - Henry Ward Beecher
Friend: "Evidence that you guys are made of epic win." Me: "That wasn't my goal. My goal is chaos, fear and...eggs."
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 08:11   Link #47
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
We should have a Fllay clique on this board, LOL.

Bah, Shinn Luna? Although I predicted that they would become a couple I didn't like the way they were suddenly slapped together like an afterthought that was Destiny...

And yes, WTH is up with the runner ups? Gil Rey makes more sense!
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 11:44   Link #48
GorillaCP9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
^ lol, lets keep the YAOI stuff away. Cagali and Athrun do make a good couple, though i think they were more romantically together in GS than GSD. Kira and Lacus are still the super couple. Plus...who cares about shin, his head wasn't screwed on from the start till the end, well till episode 51 maybe. T_T
GorillaCP9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 10:04   Link #49
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Um...romantically together in SEED? they only got together like, at the end of the series...and Cagalli was still mooning over Kira and Athrun's, um, confused...if any, the start of Destiny, they were shown to be at least have feelings for each other that didn't look too forced unlike in SEED...

At least some Newtype fans think that Kira and Lacus are no match against the Cagalli and Athrun pairing, so I guess the sane people still have some hope. I do hope Morosawa sees this as a wake up call...
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 10:36   Link #50
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I dunno...I'm already losing respect for Morosawa...(( I'm still holding out some to the fact that she is the brain-child for the later Cyber Formula OVAs...which were some of the finest racing series I've seen )), but if she panders to the fans and decide to bring back Athrun/Cagalli on a whim of a thought, I'll lose total respect for her.

The issue now is not that the pairing is doomed (( it never was, not until Athrun officially proposes to someone not Cagalli )), but rather holding out each other and purposely creating a distance, because there's just a gap between them that will either resolve in a break-up, or reconcilation on a stronger basis, once both of them can truly fill the void of their relationship. Standard dorama stuff if you ask me. Due to differences that is both emotional and rhetoric, both parties "break-up" as they walk their paths, searching for both questions and answers to their heart's call. Some end up reconciled, some ends up broken, but the feeling is always there. That's why most multi-love doramas today have this sort of "break-up but not-break-love yet there's no guareentee of future-marriage" relationships for the minor characters.

If Morosawa can address Athrun/Cagalli in that manner, then it'll be fine. They may or may not find a future and companionship together, but the love is there. There's that kind of relationship as well. Bittersweet, probably sad, but that's life. If they just "we're back together like GSD never happened"....Morosawa should be banned from ever writing and Bandai should FORCE Fukuda to pick up a goddamn pen again.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 10:41   Link #51
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Meh.. as much as I like Athrun/Meyrin, I think there's still hope for AsuCaga. It's kind of a thing... that would happen; I'm not exactly sure. But I do hope they do it properly. Otherwise, I'd very much prefer a Athrun/Meyrin.
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 13:37   Link #52
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
Well, the fans didn't exactly have much of a choice between 3, 4, and 5. I mean Shinn is a main character after Kira and Athrun. MuMurrue are more secondary and DeaMiri weren't touched upon in Destiny.

And remember, according to Morosawa, ShinnLuna = OTP in Destiny



Yay, another Fllay fan, for some reason I feel like we're in the minority !

I don't know how popular KiraFllay is, I know YzakFllay is really popular for some insane reason. But I do agree that KiraFllay is one of the best developed SEED relationships, at least in terms of how people would act in that relationship given the circumstances.

Fllay's death = the saddest moment in SEED for me, especially when you see how happy Kira and Fllay were seconds before
Fllay fans are the minority of minorties. Althought I like to think we just have better tastes


Quote:
I dunno...I'm already losing respect for Morosawa...(( I'm still holding out some to the fact that she is the brain-child for the later Cyber Formula OVAs...which were some of the finest racing series I've seen )), but if she panders to the fans and decide to bring back Athrun/Cagalli on a whim of a thought, I'll lose total respect for her.
I always wonder how much control did the Futokoda(sp?) really had over GSD. There pervious work suggest they could have done a better job then what happen to GSD. Not that they don't deserve any of the blame since they were responsbile for the excuation fo the plot with all its holes. But how much of it was because they didn't have as much creative control as say someone like Tomino would have had.

As for the original topic if Bandai think they can sell some more toys then, Athruan and Cagalli will get back together.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 13:46   Link #53
Naive
Tabloid Journalist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Where the Sidewalk Ends
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
We should have a Fllay clique on this board, LOL.
Yay, I'm totally for a Fllay clique or a KiraFllay clique. The girl is such a great character ,


Quote:
Bah, Shinn Luna? Although I predicted that they would become a couple I didn't like the way they were suddenly slapped together like an afterthought that was Destiny...

And yes, WTH is up with the runner ups? Gil Rey makes more sense!

Yeah, ironically even AsuMey had more development to a potential coupling than ShinnLuna did to their "great third-place winning true love."

I'm telling you, AsuKira would beat out every other couple if it included yaoi choices. And then YzakDearka would probably be up top as well, at least scoring higher than ShinnLuna or DeaMiri. And of course GilRey, I mean that would at least beat out GilTalia.

See the reasons why the poll is so wack is because the creators probably didn't include the much more obvious yaoi choices or the dead characters
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 13:48   Link #54
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
Yay, I'm totally for a Fllay clique or a KiraFllay clique. The girl is such a great character ,





Yeah, ironically even AsuMey had more development to a potential coupling than ShinnLuna did to their "great third-place winning true love."

I'm telling you, AsuKira would beat out every other couple if it included yaoi choices. And then YzakDearka would probably be up top as well, at least scoring higher than ShinnLuna or DeaMiri. And of course GilRey, I mean that would at least beat out GilTalia.

See the reasons why the poll is so wack is because the creators probably didn't include the much more obvious yaoi choices or the dead characters
YzakXFllay had more developement then ShinXLuna.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 13:50   Link #55
Naive
Tabloid Journalist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Where the Sidewalk Ends
Age: 28
LoL, that's a very true observation .
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 03:27   Link #56
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Yay for Fllay fans! We must open a clique! LOL. Or maybe, some sort of ID that would set us apart and celebrate our minority over leagues of otehr couples' fans.

We should have some sort of yaoi poll or something in Newtype. AsuKira will beat the hell out of every yaoi SEED couple listed on it. But it will have Shinn Athrun for competition. Damn.

@ Nightengale

So so true. You deserve cookies. Now, if only I could just spread more cookies around before giving some to you again...
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 18:47   Link #57
LadyMadChan
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If Morosawa can address Athrun/Cagalli in that manner, then it'll be fine. They may or may not find a future and companionship together, but the love is there. There's that kind of relationship as well. Bittersweet, probably sad, but that's life. If they just "we're back together like GSD never happened"....Morosawa should be banned from ever writing and Bandai should FORCE Fukuda to pick up a goddamn pen again.
Strangely enough I actually think that Morosawa is kind of trying to do what you're do what you're so against. I'm not going to bring up the whole debate again, but a lot of people say Athrun being shown in the Orb uniform as somekind of a sign that he was willing to be there for Cagalli. I *really* wouldn't be suprized if the next time (if there is a next time) that they'd be shown together or we'd see some kind of sign that the spark is still around....
LadyMadChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 00:49   Link #58
Moon Eclipse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's still better than some alternatives out there. They've already ruin Cagalli for me. The next thing they could do is ruin Athrun by preforming a pseudo relationship betweeen all 3 in the hopes of "satisfying" everyone >.>;;
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 04:52   Link #59
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadChan View Post
Strangely enough I actually think that Morosawa is kind of trying to do what you're do what you're so against. I'm not going to bring up the whole debate again, but a lot of people say Athrun being shown in the Orb uniform as somekind of a sign that he was willing to be there for Cagalli. I *really* wouldn't be suprized if the next time (if there is a next time) that they'd be shown together or we'd see some kind of sign that the spark is still around....
....What's wrong with any of that?

Athrun just suddenly not being there for Cagalli, even in a non-romantic sense and a loss of that "spark" is what I call bad writing, after everything they've went through in GSD. It should still be there, but with a heavy sense of tension like a pair of couple who loves each other, but are both ready to give up their love for the greater good.

Destiny, both TV series and Special Edition had both emphasised that some distance had grown between Athrun and Cagalli due to "differences", but it's also clear that the emotion is there, and that there is still a bond of love between them. The only thing is that after everything they've been through, they know that trying to reaffirm their emotions too quickly would only cause problems for both of them. Athrun clearly jumped-the-shark in GSD with the ring-scene, and in a way, it was the cause of Cagalli's emotional distress in GSD, as she tries her very best to do everything that should be done for everyone's sake, without rationalizing. Her removing-the-ring-scene and Athrun's-up-to-you-now, girl scene is clearly not a sign of giving up Athrun, but rather believing him and letting both parties work out their issues and if they can, they'll find reconciled love with other other again, maybe even on par with Kira/Lacus's unbreakable love of fate and destiny in the words of Gilly. If it cannot work out, then I believe Cagalli and Athrun will both understand that to give up love for the happiness of each other is a form of love as well. Athrun may be with Meyrin instead then, but there will always be a void in his heart that only Cagalli belongs to, and Meyrin will always be 2nd to that. Same goes to Cagalli.

In my opinion, that'll be the best way to end Athrun/Cagalli. Either with both of them overcoming their personal demons and finding love with each other again after distancing from each other emotionally, or realising that their destiny and reality is not kind to them and gives up love with each other, but still loving one another...I sound like broken record....Did that even make sense?

Anyway, as the saying goes "love is most beautiful thing, but love doesn't always end beautifully". We've seen too many broken romance (( in more than one way )) in Gundam to attest to that.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 06:22   Link #60
mikyu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse View Post
It's still better than some alternatives out there. They've already ruin Cagalli for me. The next thing they could do is ruin Athrun by preforming a pseudo relationship betweeen all 3 in the hopes of "satisfying" everyone >.>;;
Cagalli AND Athrun are ruined for me. Athrun was so much cooler in seed
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.