AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-10, 06:37   Link #101
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
I know. he had done a good job in SEED but in Destiny? He have done a horrible job. I hope in the movie, he'll make it better. Sheesh....
i agree with you his job in Destiny very horrible and many people dislike the story of Destiny
and about the movie i haven't heard that rumor anymore so i don't think he will do the movie or not
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 08:16   Link #102
carmolita

Why is it that kira never acknowledges cagalli as his sister? Does he just consider her a good friend ? Or does he still not believe it, as stated in episode 10 of seed?? Because I've noticed that eventhough cagalli has claimed kira as her brother he's never said that's my sister!

Love athrun and cagalli!! Wish athrun didn't treat her so bad in destiny!

Don't worry the gsd cast has already been choosen for the movie sequal to destiny that'll be released this year or early next year its no longer a rumor
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 08:39   Link #103
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
if there is a movie coming i think there s still hope to see both of them die, i really mean it.

athrun was mediocre at best in GS (dealak *spelling?* was much better) and prooved to be totally transparent in GSD doing stupid stuff without any real reason to justify his action beside the all mighty scryptwriter.
cagali needed to be b*tchslap more often in GS, and needed to stop using a tissue everytime she had a line in GSD. she was also doing stupid stuff for random unknown reason and did i mentioned she couldnt stop crying?

in a way their pairing would be ok since they would match eachother's mediocrity.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:04   Link #104
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
lol... coming from someone who stopped watching GSD after ep15, I guess your basis for these assumptions about Athrun were from episode summaries rather than actually watching the show, are they?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 14:59   Link #105
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
I stoped watching it as a serious show. i still saw the entire serie but i watched it as a comedic anime and had some very good laught at it, you know the kind of laught you have when looking at a terrible show that yet still try to believe it s decent.
So i know what i m talking about dont worry and i dont think i m making wrong assumptions the character in GSD were making illogical stuff for no apparent reason other than the fact the scryptwriters had decide they d do this. there was nothing that was prepared only things thrown at random.
i have never been anywhere close to what people can call a fanboy i have always keept a very sharp eye on any serie i have watched in order to judge character and the scrypt, athrun never impressed me in anyway in GS and he was even less impressive (as if i though it would be possible) in GSD.
Old 2007-06-20, 15:48   Link #106
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Because I've noticed that eventhough cagalli has claimed kira as her brother he's never said that's my sister!
ah now I understand the kiraxcagalli fandome I wish I could see more of them ... as sisters or wanna be lovers.
yeah I know it's about asucaga ^^° but it's true that kira console her in GSD and thought about cagalli more then athrun did. if you ask me, kira deserve cagalli more then athrun, ... I know I imagine thinks '^^ there will never be a kiracaga T.T but imagine pairings is also a part of being a fangirl
a asumey pairing is as possible as a kiramey pairing ... for me (hey and kiramey is cute! they match together since meyrin looks like flay ^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
lol... coming from someone who stopped watching GSD after ep15, I guess your basis for these assumptions about Athrun were from episode summaries rather than actually watching the show, are they?
you know ... the assumption aren't that wrong
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 02:07   Link #107
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
to tell the truth when i watched Gundam Seed before Cagalli knowed Kira was her brother
i'm really hope kira will end up with cagalli
but at the end kira with Lacus "in my opinion i don't like kiralacus pairing so boring"

ps: sorry for all kiralacus fans
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 02:42   Link #108
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Any hope for RauFlay? Hahaha. I prefer Athrun pairing up with Meyrin though. I never really like Cagalli right from the start.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 03:03   Link #109
hitomi143

I BElieVE That ASucaGa is beTTer ANd it WIll stIll REmaiN....so TO alL thoSe ASUcaga FANs ouT ThERe....DON't LOse HOPe...
Old 2007-06-21, 13:00   Link #110
carmolita

i too hoped that kira and cagalli ended up together before they knew they were related, but now that they know the only ultimate choice is athrun and cagalli...i just hated that he treated her so bad in destiny ..i mean he even went from guarding cagalli to guarding meyrin at the mall....i kept thinking that should be cagalli at the mall with athrun, kira and lacus not meyrin...i would like it if they make cagalli less of a cry baby and more of a stronger person ..and if kira and athrun could be a little more affectionate towards her....you know the whole protective thing it would be really cool. I hope that when they do the movie zaft, orb and the earth alliance aren't fighting each other but maybe fighting someone else instead...so that the series doesn't become redundant ...as far as destiny disc one will always be my favorite especially the scene were athrun consoles cagalli in the cabin...and strokes her hair as she sleeps..and carries her into the gundam during the battle .....does anyone know if they added any scenes for them togeter in the gsd special edition??
Old 2007-06-21, 13:16   Link #111
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

My thoughts on the subject remain unchanged - Meyrin seems much more suited for Athrun, and the one with whom he could have a "normal" relationship. For the better part of GSD Cagali seemed as little besides a sore sight for my eyes, her relationship with Athrun included. I Was jumping for joy when the possibility of another girl besides Cagali was introduced.

I Doubt that after all that has happened Athrun and Cagali can have a normal, healthy relationship, and the last thing Athrun needs is some more uncertainties to ponder upon I find Meyrin much more lovable and sweeter when compared to Cagali (Not to mention reliable). So... yea; Meyrin all the way.
Old 2007-06-21, 13:30   Link #112
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

no there just needs to be one event and instantly they can have a "flowering" relationship, it's like a gas leak, just waiting for the spark to become an issue.
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 16:04   Link #113
mikyu

*ignore the meyrin topic because a discussion about asumey will always end in an argument*

I think cagalli is going to be a great leader in the movie, she showed her ability to lead a country at the end of GSD. If you ask me ... she's the only character who actually learned from her mistakes.

I would completely understand if cagalli dumps athrun. why does everybody blame cagalli? athrun was such a asshole ... not only to cagalli, but to kira too. he betrayed his friends (yeah he didn't wanted to betray them the fact remains that he did). I can't understand why everybody forgave him after he came back. damn why is he a general at the end?????
he was so cool in GS T.T ... he turned to be a loser in GSD *sob*. serious cagalli, why do you still support him? he betrayed you, he betrayed your country, he did NOTHING to stop the fight between Zaft and the orb troupes. He didn't even try to do something. he wanted to stop the war? well he failed in that! and what has cagalli done to athrun? nothing! she must truly love him that she can forgive him so easily.

so I see no hope in asucaga if athrun won't change in the movie. he should be more determined if he want to be beside cagalli ... he has to prove himselfe to orb that he's worthy to be cagallis boyfriend. as a general, he has the chance to do that, I just hope he will ...

ps. don't get me wrong, I still like asucaga ... but only the asucaga from GS. I pretend that GSD never existed, it destoyed even my lovely asukira pairing T.T .
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 16:20   Link #114
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
My thoughts on the subject remain unchanged - Meyrin seems much more suited for Athrun, and the one with whom he could have a "normal" relationship. For the better part of GSD Cagali seemed as little besides a sore sight for my eyes, her relationship with Athrun included. I Was jumping for joy when the possibility of another girl besides Cagali was introduced.

I Doubt that after all that has happened Athrun and Cagali can have a normal, healthy relationship, and the last thing Athrun needs is some more uncertainties to ponder upon I find Meyrin much more lovable and sweeter when compared to Cagali (Not to mention reliable). So... yea; Meyrin all the way.
Never heard it explained like that before...

I don't know. It just seems like a total cop-out to me that it ended up being Athrun and Meyrin at the end of the series. Like the writers felt the need to give everyone a pairing by the end of the season. Except for Cagalli, whom I assume was not given a pairing because she's a head of state and has more important things to do than date... Oh, wait, what about Lacus? >_>

Cagalli and Athrun together, to me, is perfect. Regardless of the fact the writers totally screwed up both of their characters in GS/D, the point remains that, through them, you had the perfect introductory step towards reconciliation between the Coordinators and Naturals.

Instead the lines are redrawn with GS/D and you have no Coordinator/Natural relationships at all. Okay, yeah, so Orb is supposed to be representative of Naturals and Coordinators living in harmony, but hell, what I wanted to see was an on-screen blatant representation of that through a relationship. We originally thought that was going to be the case with Kira/Cagalli until we learned they were siblings, so that screwed that over. Then we had Cagalli and Athrun... But wait, gotta totally screw that all up in GS/D. >_<

That really bothered me about GS/D, how some characters totally regressed (Cagalli) or changed in such ways that it was totally confusing (Athrun).

Cagalli seemed much stronger and better in GS... Then she regresses to this cry-baby who can't get much done in GS/D. WTF? What happened in the interim that we, the audience, are unaware of?

Athrun keeps team-hopping in GSD and it really makes me sick. PICK A TEAM! JESUS! His "defection" in GS made sense. He saw the "light" and decided to help his friend. In GS/D he defects BACK to ZAFT for no real reason, totally burns every bridge with ORB in the process, then defects BACK to ORB when he realizes "Damn, I screwed that one up," and then we learn he's going to team hop AGAIN to ZAFT... MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

I was totally disappointed with Athrun and Cagalli's relationship falling by the way-side. I don't buy at all that Meyrin is more "suited" for Athrun and she represents a "normal" relationship. Yeah, I'm happy she got someone in the end, but the circumstances under which she got Athrun kinda irked me. He was her crush, and she helped him escape. Okay, so they're screwing now? Cagalli honestly through-and-through loved Athrun. It wasn't a crush. She developed a relationship with him over the course of 2-ish years and then that was crushed in an instant by the writers' ill-reasoned attempts at intrigue.

Meyrin IS lovable and sweet. She'd be a wonderful girl to have clinging to you always. I only wish I knew a girl as pretty and sweet as her.... BUT. BUT... For the purposes of GS/D and Athrun's love interest, no. She doesn't fit the picture. If she were a Natural and thus not Luna's sister, and thus probably not in ZAFT, either, then okay. She fits. Now she can compete for Athrun with Cagalli. But not the way she is. Totally defeated the purpose of having a Natural/Coordinator relationship in GS. Now there are none in the mainline anime series (haven't read the mangas or seen the OAV, and I know in the OAV there was a Coordinator/Natural relationship but that... Um... "didn't work out," if you catch my drift).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 17:07   Link #115
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm, you seem to put quite an emphasis on Natural/Coordinator relationship. While that might be "healthy" for the overall population of CE (assuming they don't get labeled as "traitors" from both sides), i really doubt Athrun himself gives a damn about the issue, thus it doesn't affect the relationship

Circumstances drew the two together in GS, and circumstances tore them apart in GSD. Cagali's indecisiveness and playing along with Seiran's was the cornerstone of their breakup. As you said - her duties prevented her from having a relationship she wanted. (Btw - Lacus is not head of no state, nor any official political figure ... she justs looks after orphans and has lots of spare time).

Then while he visits PLANTs Cagali goes off and decides to get married for political reasons without even informing him. If not for Luna, god knows when he would have found out. I can easily see why he would have been hurt by that.

Athrun wasn't the one who burned the bridges by going to PLANTs - it was Orb who did the burning. PLANT is Athrun's homeland, not Orb, so it is understandable why he was troubled with happenings there, caused by his own father's supporters no less. Dully offered him a position in power and told him, provided him with the newest MS and basically told him he can do whatever he wants to do - there was no reason for Athrun to reject that one at the period of time. Then Orb allies with EA and war is declared against PLANTs, based on "unjust" reasons. Of course he would try to defend what he believes to be right (PLANTs).

Meyrin ... i believe she has more than a mere crush on Athrun. What she did was going beyond that of a mere crush. In the end Meyrin chose Athrun instead of her country, Cagali did the opposite.

And i firmly believe Meyrin to be more suited for Athrun. Given Cagali's political standing i can't see their relationship being as anything but hectic, and the road filled with rocks and pits. The fact that she is a coordinator just like Athrun certainly is not going to worsen things, while the Natural/Coordinator deal might bring problems (even if the issue doesn't even register on Athrun's radar). Athrun has also proven that his heart can not stray far from PLANTs either.

For all intents and purposes i see Meyrin as a far more suitable relationship partner for any one, without even bringing Athrun's and Cagali's past relationship problems in to the equation. I believe that this relationship indeed would be much more suitable if you want a "normal" life, and not nearly as mentally exhausting.

While there might be "hope" for Athrun x Cagali, for Athrun's sake i hope there isn't.

Though i have a feeling i have debated over this issue more than enough in the past, and i don't feel like beating this dead horse anymore. I have forgotten a good part of GSD anyways ... besides, i don't want this thread to turn in to another Meyrin vs Cagali, so i don't think i will post anything much more on the subject. My stance is clear and not about to change in any foreseeable future, and i believe the same to be true for you
Old 2007-06-21, 21:10   Link #116
carmolita

Why did athrun choose to stay in orb with cagalli in GSD and did she ever discuss with him her reason for taking off the ring?? Does ever support her again such as in disc one? Is athrun and meyrin officially boyfriend and girlfriend??
Old 2007-06-21, 21:53   Link #117
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

nope athrun and meyrin aren't together, from what I see in the series, I really think that Athrun and Cagalli's relationship will be the big shocker of the movie and (although it might spoil it for you guys) I really think they're going to marry.
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 22:29   Link #118
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm, you seem to put quite an emphasis on Natural/Coordinator relationship. While that might be "healthy" for the overall population of CE (assuming they don't get labeled as "traitors" from both sides), i really doubt Athrun himself gives a damn about the issue, thus it doesn't affect the relationship

Circumstances drew the two together in GS, and circumstances tore them apart in GSD. Cagali's indecisiveness and playing along with Seiran's was the cornerstone of their breakup. As you said - her duties prevented her from having a relationship she wanted. (Btw - Lacus is not head of no state, nor any official political figure ... she justs looks after orphans and has lots of spare time).

Then while he visits PLANTs Cagali goes off and decides to get married for political reasons without even informing him. If not for Luna, god knows when he would have found out. I can easily see why he would have been hurt by that.

Athrun wasn't the one who burned the bridges by going to PLANTs - it was Orb who did the burning. PLANT is Athrun's homeland, not Orb, so it is understandable why he was troubled with happenings there, caused by his own father's supporters no less. Dully offered him a position in power and told him, provided him with the newest MS and basically told him he can do whatever he wants to do - there was no reason for Athrun to reject that one at the period of time. Then Orb allies with EA and war is declared against PLANTs, based on "unjust" reasons. Of course he would try to defend what he believes to be right (PLANTs).

Meyrin ... i believe she has more than a mere crush on Athrun. What she did was going beyond that of a mere crush. In the end Meyrin chose Athrun instead of her country, Cagali did the opposite.

And i firmly believe Meyrin to be more suited for Athrun. Given Cagali's political standing i can't see their relationship being as anything but hectic, and the road filled with rocks and pits. The fact that she is a coordinator just like Athrun certainly is not going to worsen things, while the Natural/Coordinator deal might bring problems (even if the issue doesn't even register on Athrun's radar). Athrun has also proven that his heart can not stray far from PLANTs either.

For all intents and purposes i see Meyrin as a far more suitable relationship partner for any one, without even bringing Athrun's and Cagali's past relationship problems in to the equation. I believe that this relationship indeed would be much more suitable if you want a "normal" life, and not nearly as mentally exhausting.

While there might be "hope" for Athrun x Cagali, for Athrun's sake i hope there isn't.

Though i have a feeling i have debated over this issue more than enough in the past, and i don't feel like writing much about it now. I have forgotten a good part of GSD anyways ... besides, i don't want this thread to turn in to another Meyrin vs Cagali, so i don't think i will post anything more here. My stance is clear and not about to change in any foreseeable future, and i believe the same to be true for you
Yes, but remember this is, in fact, a work of fiction which means that writers are the ones making this up, not individual people representing each character. I think the writers should've cared about the Natural/Coordinator relationship more than they did.

I mean post GS/D. Lacus is very much a head of state following that (okay, we don't know her EXACT title, but I'm pretty sure that some Japanese site confirmed that she is on the Council post-GS/D). She has time for Kira. Don't see why Cagalli couldn't have time for Athrun. And it seems to me that the implication for the interim of GS-GS/D was that Cagalli and Athrun grew at least a little closer, despite Cagalli running Orb.

And see, that's my point. Cagalli regressed in GS/D. Circumstances DID tear them apart in GS/D because of the very weird regressions and changes in characters in GS/D. It's like some totally unlearned the lessons of GS.

Are you sure she decided before Athrun rejoined ZAFT? I think that could have an affect. If Cagalli knows Athrun's not coming back because he's defected (again), she has a point to add to the "Do it" column.

Okay, yes, PLANT is Athrun's homeland. But yes, he did burn bridges. That's one of the things about GS-GS/D that irks me. There's no conceivable universe where defectors are given such huge lee-way. Even Star Wars EU, which I LOVE, pisses me off in that respect. Any rational universe would put defectors under extremely strict holds and hardly any would let a defector use the most top-secret, highly capable equipment. Why? Because s/he defected! They betrayed someone/thing once, and they can do it again. Any intelligence service will be highly worried about a defector gaining some form of very important knowledge about the country to which they defected and be enticed back to their home country in some way, taking that valuable intelligence with them. The constant defections in the CE make me insane.

Athrun... Just is too wishy-washy. Make up your mind. If he's so damned smart, then why can't he just sit down and make a rational decision? >_>

yes, okay, so Meyrin would have to have a bit more than a crush to commit treason along with Athrun and defect, but still. That only develops her side of the relationship. Athrun needs to return that and I don't see him doing that. The only person to whom we see Athrun show any love is Cagalli.

So... People with hectic lives can't have relationships? Like congressmen, presidents, and senators don't have husbands or wives?

If his heart can't stray far from PLANT then why does he defect away from them? Twice? He goes back several times, yes, but apparently they're not always #1 on his list. Again, Cagalli is the only person we see to whom Athrun shows any love (in that way).

Well, you make the relationship work, I guess. I think it should've been Athrun and Cagalli, and if two people truly love each other, they work it out.

Old 2007-06-21, 23:21   Link #119
carmolita

Does athrun admitt any affections or show any to meyrin? Does he kiss her in either the original or special edition??
Old 2007-06-21, 23:35   Link #120
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Does athrun admitt any affections or show any to meyrin? Does he kiss her in either the original or special edition??
Not sure.

But he does show some care when she's still unconscious following the defection.

On the other hand...

I think there's blatant showing of affection for Cagalli... I mean, I don't know much about love, but when you put a ring on a particular finger of a girl.... >_>