AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-08, 14:58   Link #1
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
[Manga] 10 Members And 10 Rings.

There has always been a connection thing to Akatsuki members and the rings they wear to even get a spot in Akatsuki you need one. And there hasn't been a 10th member because Orochimaru's still got his.

They've killed off Sasori and Tobi entered. Now they've maybe killed off one or two more Akatsuki Hidan and Kakuzu, although I really don't believe Hidan is dead Shikamaru seems confident he won't get out of the big big hole he's in.

Even without a full 10 members they've been able to seal bijuu, so the rings can't be to vital for that (In a you don't need all 10 to preform extractions kinda way). And there's only a couple bijuu left for Akatsuki to get so I thought killing off a couple wouldn't be such a big deal, it would just take longer for an extraction process but at least with only a couple bijuu still about they wouldn't need to many members out searching.

Though at the time they weren't to concerned with Orochimaru saying he'll be killed sometime but they need to focus on other things, Zetsu is always out making sure he gets the rings from the dead bodies if they do need a full 10 members for whatever reason they'll need him out of the way. Kakuzu and Hidan could be replaced by others but I thought that wouldn't be a very good way to go about it.

Now if both Hidan and Kakuzu are still alive, And they do need a 10th member for someone to wear the ring for their goal of using the bijuu for world domination ..

Do you think it will be another random or three?
Do you think Kakuzu and Hidan might live so it's not 3 more randoms?
Do you think it could be Sasuke with Orochimaru's ring?
Do you even think they need a 10th member?
Or do you think that the rest of Akatsuki to die before the big plans of theirs won't be replaced their rings might be gathered but no one else really needs to join?
Maybe they need all 10 for the "impossible" extraction of Kyuubi?

I just thought Sasuke replacing Orochimaru's spot and Kakuzu and Hidan still being around would be a nice way to get Akatsuki with all it's 10 members again..

So anyway, Your thoughts?
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 15:19   Link #2
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Interesting thread. Let me Answer what I think:
Quote:
Do you think it will be another random or three?
I really don’t think there is going to be any more replacements. Tobi was made as a member, so that’s only means their choices to replace people are close to non-existent.

Quote:
Do you think Kakuzu and Hidan might live so it's not 3 more randoms?
No, because the story must move forward and Akatsuki needs to begin to loose members. Akatsuki became a Joke of an evil team (Wanting to rule the world, Members been defeated by stupid tricks, Dumb Members, etc), and quite frankly, I just want them to be erased by the good guys as quick as possible.

Quote:
Do you think it could be Sasuke with Orochimaru's ring?
For what?

Quote:
Do you even think they need a 10th member?
Given what their goal is, No, they can Seal the Bijuus without a 10th Member, so there is no need for a 10th, 9th or 8th member, but the more the easier it is to complete the goal.

Quote:
Or do you think that the rest of Akatsuki to die before the big plans of theirs won't be replaced their rings might be gathered but no one else really needs to join?
I didn’t get this question…

Quote:
Maybe they need all 10 for the "impossible" extraction of Kyuubi?
Humor me, where it was said it was impossible? and why with 10 it shouldnt be impossible? As One Shinoby could seal Kyuby, 9, 8 or 7 could unseal him and resealed him in the Biju container.

Quote:
I just thought Sasuke replacing Orochimaru's spot and Kakuzu and Hidan still being around would be a nice way to get Akatsuki with all it's 10 members again..
Sasuke only lives to kill his brother, so he wont be joining Akatsuki, Why would Akatsuki replace a superior Shinoby such as Itachi for a Sub-par Shinoby?
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 15:37   Link #3
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
I really don’t think there is going to be any more replacements. Tobi was made as a member, so that’s only means their choices to replace people are close to non-existent.
Quote:
No, because the story must move forward and Akatsuki needs to begin to loose members. Akatsuki became a Joke of an evil team (Wanting to rule the world, Members been defeated by stupid tricks, Dumb Members, etc), and quite frankly, I just want them to be erased by the good guys as quick as possible.
If the story wanted to move foward as quickly as possible, and they could do things with 9 members or whatever, why even bother having Tobi in? Sure it means 1 more member makes it faster but they could of done the same with just 8. If both Kakuzu and Hidan and still alive, besides plot related defeats Akatsuki are not a joke.

Quote:
For what?
So he's doing something plot interesting wise other than nothing or being Orochimaru's new body.

Quote:
Given what their goal is, No, they can Seal the Bijuus without a 10th Member, so there is no need for a 10th, 9th or 8th member, but the more the easier it is to complete the goal.
Right so why seal 2 more bijuu with less members, even more so the strongest bijuu and another higher than 3 tails without inviting new members when over the years akatsuki members have changed when they die.

Quote:
I didn’t get this question…
It's basically what your saying, The members don't need to be replaced but Zetsu still goes and gets the rings cause he always does it anyway.

Quote:
Humor me, where it was said it was impossible? and why with 10 it shouldnt be impossible? As One Shinoby could seal Kyuby, 9, 8 or 7 could unseal him and resealed him in the Biju container.
Well if Chiyo's explanation is right, the amount of chakra has to be equal and some believe Kyuubi's chakra to be almost infinite, I used the " " for a reason >.o. And if by having the 10 rings it's like a way to by pass that.

Quote:
Sasuke only lives to kill his brother, so he wont be joining Akatsuki, Why would Akatsuki replace a superior Shinoby such as Itachi for a Sub-par Shinoby?
Well, I never said he had to replace him, that would still make 9 members. But since according to Orochimaru Sasuke couldn't take out Itachi yet, the leader offering Sasuke enough power to kill Itachi to help their ambition might?

And Sasuke has more potential then Itachi, Don't call him sub-par.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 15:57   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Well, Rurik stated most the points I can think of. Yeah, I don't think there will be any Kakuzu or Hidan replacements and I don't think they'll be coming back. The rings themselves don't seem to be crucial to the sealing process or Akatsuki accomplishing their goals since they haven't made any effort to reclaim the ring in Oro's possesion. However, It seems that it is necessary to have a ring to be a member of Akatsuki. Seems like I remember that it wasn't so much Zetsu who was concerned about finding Sasori's ring, but Tobi because he wanted to become a member so badly.

That being said, I think the rings are what allow Akatsuki to communicate and perform the sealing process from such long distances, sort of like astral projection. So the rings are useful in the fact that Akatsuki members don't have travel all the way back to the sealing chamber to extract a bijuu and create plans. Also, I think the leader uses this ability of the ring to transmit his orders to rest of the group like he did with Kakuzu and Hidan. But these things aren't crucial to Akatsuki's plans, they just streamline the process.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 16:05   Link #5
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
One thing, Did oyu created this thread for flame bait? Because you ask what people think about it, so I donít see why you are relying to what I think about your questions. Are you sure this is not Yellow Flash Using your account??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
If the story wanted to move foward as quickly as possible, and they could do things with 9 members or whatever, why even bother having Tobi in?
Because obviously Tobi will have an Impact in future plot, as easier as that. Also, Please donít put words in my mouth, I didnít say that the story must move forwards as quick as possible, Iím saying it has to move forward, Killing Characters and replacing them, and Killing them again will only led to redundancy.

Quote:
Sure it means 1 more member makes it faster but they could of done the same with just 8 If both Kakuzu and Hidan and still alive,
Obviously, Tobi was there waiting for a Chance, reason why he was invited, not because they need a member or else they canít complete their goals.

Quote:
besides plot related defeats Akatsuki are not a joke.
Yes they are, because not only the plot related defeats are the reason I gave why Akatsuki has become a Joke of a bad Guy team.

Quote:
So he's doing something plot interesting wise other than nothing or being Orochimaru's new body.
And Killing Itachi and Naruto trying to make him good again, Sasuke doesnít need to do something plot interesting, because he is not Naruto.

Quote:
Right so why seal 2 more bijuu with less members, even more so the strongest bijuu and another higher than 3 tails without inviting new members when over the years akatsuki members have changed when they die.
It seems you are reading a different post rather than mineÖ, Do you have any clue if Akatsuki have 2 more Above Jounin level shinoby? Given the last two member that have join them, it seems the quality of their members has been decreasing, if there is more replacement waiting they should be worst than Hidan and Tobi, and if thatís true, Akatsuki could be left alone because they are going to end up auto destroying themselves.

As I told oyu, Akatsuki is not going to replace the members not because they donít want to do that, rather, because a plot where new Akatsuki members are introduced will only make the series repeat itself over and over againÖ.

Quote:
It's basically what your saying, The members don't need to be replaced but Zetsu still goes and gets the rings cause he always does it anyway.
How many rings has Zetzu Gotten so far? 3, 4 , 5, 1?

You are assuming that its Zetzu Job to fetch for all the rings, however this is your assumption, Maybe Zetzu got the ring because they happen to be close by, What makes you think that this 2 rings are going to be taken by Zetzu anyway, or retrieve by Akatsuki for that matter?

Quote:
Well if Chiyo's explanation is right, the amount of chakra has to be equal and some believe Kyuubi's chakra to be almost infinite, I used the " " for a reason >.o. And if by having the 10 rings it's like a way to by pass that.
This is the same Assumption made by A poster named Xrayzor, Chiyo didnít say the Amount of Chakra has to be equal to the amount of Chakra of the Bijuu, what Chiyo was refferig to equal the power: they need a fix amount of Chakra to Equal the power of the Bijuu, in other words they need a lot of Chakra so the Jutsu is powerful enough to extract the Bijuu, if what you say would had been true, then Yonadime would had taken years to extract Kyuby.

Quote:
Well, I never said he had to replace him, that would still make 9 members. But since according to Orochimaru Sasuke couldn't take out Itachi yet, the leader offering Sasuke enough power to kill Itachi to help their ambition might?[
Why would the leader, again, replace a proved Member, for someone that only wants to kill one of your members (the strongest by far)? That idea alone is risible.

Quote:
And Sasuke has more potential then Itachi, Don't call him sub-par.
Potential is not equal to been good, so right now, Sasuke could only hope to become as powerful as Itachi joining His Body with Orochimaru, so Sasuke Potential really means nothing.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 16:13   Link #6
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
One thing, Did oyu created this thread for flame bait? Because you ask what people think about it, so I don’t see why you are relying to what I think about your questions. Are you sure this is not Yellow Flash Using your account??
No, It was just I'd thought of what you said and tried to counter it to see other possible solutions? People are free to answer away Just looking for Interesting discussion...
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 16:32   Link #7
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
No, It was just I'd thought of what you said and tried to counter it to see other possible solutions? People are free to answer away Just looking for Interesting discussion...
I guess you are right...sorry about that...

Sabaku kyu, I agree with your idea on what the rings purpose are, a Cokiee for you .
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -

Last edited by Rurik; 2007-02-08 at 19:53.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 23:17   Link #8
GrAYFoX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
[Annoying Random Lurker jumps in...]

Hi all, long time lurker, I thought id chime in with my 2cents

Just to add to the discussion on what others have said. I believe that a certain percetage of chakra from each member is required, naturally making this technique the most chakra intensive move seen in naruto. At a guess I would say originally 10 rings for 25% of a "kage lv" ninjas chakra for 3 days. When they lost oros ring it became 9 ninjas at 30% of their chakra and so on.

So the more rings they lose means the remaining ninjas would be required to output more charka for each bijuu extraction. This of course takes into account the 3 days timetable is fixed. So if they lose more rings, the survivors could be up to 90% with 4 members which would leave them dangerously vulnerable to counter attack or just plain chakra exhaustion. All this is mostly speculation on my part and facts already provided from the AL mouth. What do you think? Plausible?
GrAYFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 11:53   Link #9
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 25
What do you mean 10 rings there are only 9 the one that oro has is the same as the one the Zetsu has,its says, Kai (Boar) on right pinky finger

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-10 at 12:17. Reason: Banned content
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 12:18   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
No, Orochimaru's ring says Sora (Sky).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 13:06   Link #11
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 25
where did you see that? what episode was it?
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 13:52   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
After the war, chapter 140 or something.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 14:12   Link #13
Zek
Eyebrows...
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 27
I think the fact that Shikamaru left Hidan's ring at the bottom of the pit with him is proof that someone(probably Zetsu) will retrieve him. Akatsuki obviously takes them seriously and given Zetsu's abilities I think it's plausible that he can get down there and recover it(just like he saved Obito ). I hope he just eats Hidan though, he's obviously of no use to them because he sucks so much.

As for the rings, I think it's a given that they're involved in the Bijyuu-extraction process somehow. It seems like the finger of the ring corresponds to the finger of the giant summon's hand that they stand on. Maybe the Leader made them with some of his power to let other people handle his jutsus or something.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 20:45   Link #14
Nuu
Teh Sauce
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Western Mass
Age: 29
Thats very plausible there Zek and also each member has a different ring and from what it seems they each wear there ring on the finger they corresponding to on the giant hands for the extraction

Last edited by Nuu; 2007-02-12 at 00:35.
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 10:17   Link #15
Razz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No, Orochimaru's ring says Sora (Sky).
Are you sure it says Sora, and not say, Kuu, or whatever other possibility for the kanji is?
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 10:40   Link #16
Nuu
Teh Sauce
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Western Mass
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No, Orochimaru's ring says Sora (Sky).
I thought his ring said the void
__________________
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:12   Link #17
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
well the rings are undoubtedly important but not so much the members, there must be a reason why orochimaru still keeps his ring with him even after leaving akatsuki. Akatsuki do state that they're going to kill orochimaru (probably to get the ring back), i doubt another member would be recruited and plus akatsuki do need to get killed off so i doubt there will be replacements for hidan and kakuzu and yes i think theyre dead.

it think it would be convinient to have more members so akatsuki can get things accomplished at a faster rate but i dont think its vital the number of rings = the number of members. Since hidan and kakuzu are out of the picture thats 2 known teams left e.g kisame & itachi, deidara & tobi . Theyre nearing their organisations goal it seems so members arent really a bother, one person might be able to wear more than one ring you never know.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:34   Link #18
lankree
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Do the rings mean anything in relationship to their ranks or partners? I haven't found any patterns between them, but I could just not be looking at it the right way. I wonder what the significance of the rings are to Akatsuki, that is, why those symbols were chosen.
__________________
lankree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:49   Link #19
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
emo joining akatsuki is just asking for trouble, expecially with the conflict between emo and itachi.

its up to AL though, in his own interest, itachi or groups interest to allow new member
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.