AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-06, 15:14   Link #381
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Skyfall
See below
sekidousai
Right you are! I've got evidence.

Oh, this is a hint enough for me to guess the whole sentence.
I'm personally pleased to realize that my 100% self-taught japanese proves to be effective.

Here's the phrase in kanji

20.45 愛用のチェーンソーの切れ味が悪くなってしまったので新しい刃を購入するべきかと悩み続けて い ました
(aiyou no chainsaw no kire-aji ga warukunatte shimatta node atarashii ha wo kounyuu-suru beki ka to nayami tsudzukete imashita)
"My favorite chainsaw got blunt and so it was bothering me that i should buy a new blade for it"

'beki' in japanese means 'ought to'

So she basically went to repair it, and by no means throw it away for a new one.

So my initial understanding was correct. Yay!
Just please, people, don't confuse me! It's actually hard to catch japanese by ear and it's very important for me to know that I understand it in the right way.
And i thought i was gonna stop ^^; thank you nikorai for a very detailed translation.

Here i'll give you some cookies just for being great .

Compared to you my japanese is like rust to gold.
lols. I completely missed lot of words in there. i knew i heard ayou right but did't know the meaning T_T, but still i'm pretty close. so now i learned something new. thanks very much again
sekidousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 15:36   Link #382
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Skyfall
See below
sekidousai
Right you are! I've got evidence.

Oh, this is a hint enough for me to guess the whole sentence.
I'm personally pleased to realize that my 100% self-taught japanese proves to be effective.

Here's the phrase in kanji

20.45 愛用のチェーンソーの切れ味が悪くなってしまったので新しい刃を購入するべきかと 悩み続けてい ました
(aiyou no chainsaw no kire-aji ga warukunatte shimatta node atarashii ha wo kounyuu-suru beki ka to nayami tsudzukete imashita)
"My favorite chainsaw got blunt and so it was bothering me that i should buy a new blade for it"

'beki' in japanese means 'ought to'

So she basically went to repair it, and by no means throw it away for a new one.

So my initial understanding was correct. Yay!
Just please, people, don't confuse me! It's actually hard to catch japanese by ear and it's very important for me to know that I understand it in the right way.
Thanks for translating the actual sentence, but it doesn't really disapprove the point i was making. There isn't one instance in the anime that would show any case of "affection" she would have for the tool (Please don't say that her whipping it out in generic slapstick comedy moment in ep3 is such), and the sighs are too conveniently timed in regards to the group doing nonsense for me to consider it anything but her showing a reaction to that. If she had actually looked distraught, Haruka would have likely noticed given how apparently close she is to Hazuki.

Of course the bluntness of the saw was bothering her - otherwise she wouldn't step out to get a new one in the first place. But that doesn't mean she was distraught by it, which is quite different. And until the anime actually gives me a reason to think she holds the chainsaw as anything above a "favorite tool", i am inclined to firmly believe she was sighing because of the mob clumsily following her.

So i guess we can only agree to disagree in the end
Old 2008-08-06, 15:50   Link #383
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

The eternal mystery of NHnH episode 4. What was Hazuki really sighing about?
Old 2008-08-06, 16:12   Link #384
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
The eternal mystery of NHnH episode 4. What was Hazuki really sighing about?
"Why are those two idiots spying on me instead of going out on a real date? It's SO obvious that they're hot and bothered for one another.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 16:19   Link #385
SkoolRumble4Ya

I don't know why are you guys arguing about what the hell she is sighing about. This reminds me of the thread in Code Geass about people arguing about the chess game that Lelouch and Scniezal had.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 16:20   Link #386
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
sekidousai
No problem, glad to be of help.

Anyways my idea for now is that Hazuki has a thing for saws and such hardware. Because when you say you have a favorite chainsaw it's smth different from, say, favorite food.

What's more important, we'll have episode 5 to watch this evening (9 pm at my place). That means more guesswork for me to catch those japanese phrases. Actually before i started watching Nogizaka I was following DCIISS and I can say that despite Nogizaka's simplistic appearance the japanese here is more complicated, even rather challenging at times (phrases like 'kyoukou toppa ni sezaru wo enai' (C)- Hazuki) are surely not among those you can easily come across in the textbook).

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 17:19   Link #387
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Sky-chan, I'm half way at episode 2 and I've come to the conclusion that I like this show. For a vastly imaginative and dirty minded individual such as me, the dialogues just speak to me. The opening sequence to the first episode almost scared me to a heart failure. Mahou-shoujo? Oh dear lord! I thought you are finally ready to fight back and are going to hit me with all you've got even if it means playing dirty. That was of course a premature conclusion on my part. This show has it's charm. People at Moetaku-fansub group should pat-pat their back for doing such an excellent job.

And excellent work with the recommendation to you too, Sky-chan! I take back all the mean things I've said to you in the past. You do indeed watch a good show now and then. If you were in a weird-person-contest in Nippon, you would have.....

Old 2008-08-06, 18:02   Link #388
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Another follower, greetings and now lets pray for our goddess
HARUKA

Next Episode in a few days ...booring, maybe I should take some time to make some more Avatars from this show
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 18:09   Link #389
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Next Episode in a few days ...booring, maybe I should take some time to make some more Avatars from this show
Really!!!!!? In that case, I've a request:

From episode 2, Moetaku-version, those quick blink of the eyes
Time-frame: between 00:26 and 00:27
. If you can have Haruka blink every 10-30 seconds (longer the better) without exceeding the 50kB limit for a gif size, I'll be eternally grateful.
Old 2008-08-06, 18:22   Link #390
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

With the same blink speed?
Old 2008-08-06, 18:27   Link #391
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Really!!!!!? In that case, I've a request:

From episode 2, Moetaku-version, those quick blink of the eyes
Time-frame: between 00:26 and 00:27
. If you can have Haruka blink every 10-30 seconds (longer the better) without exceeding the 50kB limit for a gif size, I'll be eternally grateful.
so bored I did that request in the meantime

first is respecting the original speed (that's certainly a lightning fast speed for some eyelashes ) with 20 seconds of pause, the second one is a "cookie cutter 2 timer": 5 sec, 1 blink, 3 sec, double blink.
Macho-kun, just tell me if you need more custom tweak
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 18:32   Link #392
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

How dare you, steeling a job from someone who is half asleep

The first one has an interval of 2 seconds the second one an interval of 20 seconds
But I have an ace in my hand, I still have the 120fps raw and I can make you a high quallity gif after sleeping

Ah and the filesize wasn't a problem at all, we both had 20Kb left
Old 2008-08-06, 18:48   Link #393
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

first is respecting the original speed (that's certainly a lightning fast speed for some eyelashes ) with 20 seconds of pause, the second one is a "cookie cutter 2 timer": 5 sec, 1 blink, 3 sec, double blink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
You two are geniuses who should be hung from a wall. Before I give the wrong impression of someone who agrees with capital punishment and triggers the opening of a unwanted can of worm, I mean to say that both of your photos should be framed and hung from a wall.

I'm so grateful to both of you that I shall let you press on this doorbell. *ding dong* Really, thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres
But I have an ace in my hand, I still have the 120fps raw and I can make you a high quallity gif after sleeping
Please do and I shall gobble it up with glee.
Old 2008-08-06, 19:11   Link #394
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Break her piggy bank to buy a psp.
it is actually a pds (psp + ds), totally rad.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 21:43   Link #395
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

I wanna ring on your doorbell too !!!!!
so here is my try

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-08-07 at 03:24.
sekidousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 01:07   Link #396
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Nice work! May I use one of these avatars?
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 03:58   Link #397
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
You gotta ask in PM with the macho mod, as I don't have a real idea if he is using any or so. If it is alright with him, feel free to use whichever you want.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 04:15   Link #398
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Ok here comes the ultimate high quallity avis to ownage Klashikari MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the first one has an interval of two seconds the next one an interval of 20 seconds

the first one has an interval of two seconds the next one an interval of 20 seconds but the frame set is a little bit different.

Muhahaha high quallity ownage

*switches owneagemod off*
What a pity, the key frames were the same but the quallity is really much better.

Edit:
Hmmm something was disturbing me, those avis look awesome but my first try was a bit different,
so I changed the frame and time set to the one from my first try.

interval first two seconds; interval second 20 seconds

Edit: Edit:
By the way, if you like her blinking eyes

But the favourite so far was this one

If you want to see more even from other shows visit my thread

Last edited by mangalowres; 2008-08-07 at 04:35.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:36   Link #399
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Yuuto, see this hole? Jump in, no, please ignore the fact it says hell, yes, go.
--

Shiina focused, Haruka doesn't really matter much or have much time in the spotlight until the end, yep, best episode so far...
And at the same time, I don't think I ever wanted to kill sub-characters of a normal love-comedy so much as this episode.
Well, first, the sensei. At least kill that vermin! Gragghhh!!

Spoiler for ep5:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 15:33   Link #400
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Nice work! May I use one of these avatars?
Yes you may as long as you have no problem with another user having the same avy. I'll be using the long interval version of all of those made by Klash and mangalowres and parade it in my sig in the very near future.

Eagerly waiting for episode 5!

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen