AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 02:36   Link #41
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Yeah. No fanservice at all.

Spoiler:

She's just got her face in his crotch and ass waving in the air for the plot.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 03:37   Link #42
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
no fanservice during the show as far as Nogizaka herself is concerned (and she's the only one that matters :P).
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post

Spoiler:

And a panty flash when she dived at him.
--

Uwaaa... Noto Mamiko's voice really doesn't fit Haruka... When she first opened her mouth, I seriously almost flew back (shouldn't that only happen in anime)...
I'm sure I'll get used to it soon though, beh...

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 11:06   Link #43
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post

Spoiler:

Sorry... I must have watched too much fanservice anime lately, because to me that didn't quite count.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:09   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Contrary to most opinion here, I thought this was a very good first episode. I thought it was extremely well drawn, even though I'm not a huge fan of the character design, and that it rang some nice changes on the cliches. And the animation was decent.

I agree with one strand of opinion on 2channel, which is that although the story may not be that special, the details of the way they are doing it are very good, and in fact the show is quite funny. Much funnier than Slayers Revolution, for me.

I'm not so sure Noto Mamiko is right for the role, but I love her voice so much that it doesn't matter. She has some excellently delivered lines. Yes, the voice could remind me of Shouta, but I'm just considering that role a bad dream and forgetting it.

I disagree that this is particularly cliched. To the extent it is cliched, they are playing it lightly and ironically, it seems to me.
Spoiler for ep1:
As for heroine fanservice, there is some, but wearing tights. Rather restrained, in comparison with fanservice in most shows.

And an over-the-top drunken Nabatame Hitomi is always a kick, especially with Matsuki Miyu joining her. There was indeed some fanservice in their scenes.

I also liked both the OP and the ED.

Sigh. It's frustrating. My taste seems to be drifting further and further from other people's. I like Someday's Dreamers ~Summer Skies~ quite a bit, too. And few people even seem to have watched Amuri in Star Ocean, which I think is so good. (Wanders off, grumbling.)
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:22   Link #45
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In addition, this seems to be falling into the vanishingly small group of anime in which the main relationship is set from ep1. We'll see where it goes from here.

I also liked both the OP.
and adding to with the OP and the main relationship.

Even the OP has already established that at some point they will get together with them:

Spoiler for OP:

personally I hope they do.
Old 2008-07-12, 05:19   Link #46
Ottocycle

As a first-timer to this anime, I came out of it thoroughly unimpressed. Especially with dojikko Haruka scene. Or maybe I've become too jaded or something. Noto Mamiko hasn't worked up much of her charm so far as well, but I guess that's the role's fault, not hers.

Though I have to say, even though it wasn't bad either, so I'm looking forward to things looking up.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 07:05   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I was rather pleased with the first episode. I say there with a smile on my face while watching, and it's enjoyable. Haruka is absolutely adorable, so apart from the two awesome house members (i'm guessing the teacher isn't related?) i have a few good reasons to keep watching.

So i'm guessing going by the OP, this will turn into a love triangle drama? That'll be interesting to see develop.
Old 2008-07-12, 11:51   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I was rather pleased with the first episode. I sat there with a smile on my face while watching....
I rewatched the first ep and that's what I noticed, too: about halfway through, I realized I had a constant smile on my face.

I also noticed that although there were such cliche elements as Haruka's protection squad, they were not dwelt on. Instead of 15 seconds of being chased around the school by them, as in such second-rate shows as Tokimeki Memorial, we had two seconds of just seeing them and then there was a cut to something else. The director understands comedy, it seems to me, and has a light touch. This is what I remember from his Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru, too.

The 2channel thread is talking about Noto Mamiko having only one voice now, so all her characters sound the same. This voice does sound just about exactly the same as Shouta in Kanokon. I checked Rin in Mnemosyne, thinking that would be different, and it was, but not as different as I expected.

But I am enjoying her performance quite a bit anyway. She portrays a dojikko ojousama pretty well. And she has proved with her episode of Touka Gettan that she can write, if she ever decides to deemphasize voice-acting. On radio, etc., she seems like an intelligent and capable woman, who might end up on the other side of the camera.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 12:43   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
My, my...don't we have some critics in here

Whatever happened to just sit back and enjoy the show rather than looking at the negatives (and with that, what negatives? I must be blind and if being cliched is one then I have only one word; "lulz").

Not to mention that this isn't even anything bad...as far as playing out cliches go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Uwaaa... Noto Mamiko's voice really doesn't fit Haruka... When she first opened her mouth, I seriously almost flew back (shouldn't that only happen in anime)...
I'm sure I'll get used to it soon though, beh...
This I agree on though...oh yea, I also face palmed.

And I am not surprised that some are raving about Noto Mamiko having only one voice...I will just nod my head until it breaks.

Now lets see, ep 1
Spoiler:

And I think this thread can be moved to the fansubs section now

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 13:20   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Two seconds of hearing Noto and i lol'd, though after that i was yet again impressed with another one of her performances. After a few minutes i block out her other roles, and concentrate on the role i'm seeing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I also noticed that although there were such cliche elements as Haruka's protection squad, they were not dwelt on. Instead of 15 seconds of being chased around the school by them, as in such second-rate shows as Tokimeki Memorial, we had two seconds of just seeing them and then there was a cut to something else. The director understands comedy, it seems to me, and has a light touch. This is what I remember from his Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru, too.
Both this and Tokimeki Memorial are quite different in terms of humor, so i'm not surprised we would see such a difference in terms of how the scenes that are alike are portrayed. But yeah the director knows what he's doing, and i can't wait to see more of it.
Old 2008-07-12, 22:20   Link #51
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

So I watched the first episode of this.

Ok, it has too little substance for me to warrant blogging it. But it's still going to be my guilty pleasure for the season.

Part of why I actually like this is because while the romantic comedy cliches are still there, what they're doing differently is that they don't over-emphasize them. Such shows are usually unpalatable to me because of the over-emphasizing, but this one serves it in just the right doses. I like it that way.

About Nogizaka Haruka, it's interesting how she resembles Kanon's Kurata Sayuri in looks, but is actually more dojikko than ojousama. And yes, Mami-chan's voice is apparent within 2 seconds of hearing, although I'm still wishing she'll do a Shihou Matsuri-type role where her 'soft' voice complements a quick wit sometime soon. Although, I did get a shiver up my back when her "I think you're a weird person" line gave me some downright strange "Kotomi+Fuuko" vibes.

And Ayase Yuuto, well he's a fairly typical male lead, but I like that he at least has some backbone, and isn't overly girl-allergic like characters in his role tend to be. Heck, he even has a good reason why he's more girl-avoidant than girl-allergic.

Not bad stuff. I usually lose interest in guilty pleasures halfway through, but hopefully this can keep me longer than that.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 23:24   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2008-07-13, 00:13   Link #53
nanafan
horo fan

interesting so far, anyone think that ayase looks like a grown up version of jun from rozen maiden minus the crazy hair??

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 01:06   Link #54
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

OP designed very well, with a good song.

Character Art/design seems good, but maybe too moe(not sure if I used the correct term here) for me.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:47   Link #55
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well now, this was a fairly enjoyable first episode. Truth be told the two drunktards at the very start was a turnoff for me, but thankfully we don't get to see them much afterward. I can only hope it stays that way.

As Ascaloth already pointed out, i find it a good thing they don't over-emphasize the usual cliches that come with the setup, like the Haruka's fanclub that only has a brief appearance instead of popping up every two minutes. Haruka is a fairly lovable female lead, so i can only hope she doesn't get pushed aside eventually in favor of other female cast that is bound to get introduced sooner or later. Watching her clumsy actions within the library was fun as well

I did find her constant avoidance of Ayase a tad irritating in the end though, which is where Ayase gets some points as a male lead, as he did show some backbone and irritation with the situation as well. At any rate i am glad that issue got solved quickly, as much longer of the same would have gritted on my nerves.

On the good side, i will take the risk and maintain a hope the romance will actually go somewhere with time (which is something one is not to expect from the genre normally), as the episode moved things along rather quickly and the OP has a shot of the two kissing. At any rate, they have a rather decent chemistry, so i am interested to see where they take it from here.

On the bad side, somehow Noto's voice felt very strange for Haruka. I am not sure if it is because of the role or something else, but i had a sense of incompatibility a lot of the times when Haruka spoke. Perhaps i will get used to it with time, but thus far, surprisingly enough, it sounded weird to me.

Animation style and color usage wise this has a bit of "older anime" feel to it ... somehow it reminded me of enhanced version of Kanon 2002 It wasn't what i expected but it isn't anything bad in this case, so no complaints here.

Overall looks like it might be a decent romance comedy with little to none actual drama; i fairly enjoyed the first episode, thus looking towards the next.
Old 2008-07-13, 05:17   Link #56
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
First episode was not very original, pretty average, though I really like the opening and ending sequences.
I hope the romance side will develop or else it's going to be too much clichéd.
Old 2008-07-13, 08:03   Link #57
Chiisa
Love target... LOCK ON!

I happened to come across this anime by chance and I'd say it's got quite a lot of cliches going but some new points too.
The idea of a girl otaku that doesn't want to be known as an otaku and is embarrassed but still keeps her hobby just kinda clicks for me
It's also refreshing to see more than one male friend for the protagonist.

And the ED, ahhh... I want to learn that dance! (dance of '08?)
Old 2008-07-13, 08:07   Link #58
TrueKnight

Is Yuuto himself a nerd/otaku?

Nevertheless an enjoyable 1st ep. But I gotta admit when I heard Haruka's voice for the first time what's in my mind was Chizuru raping Kouta.... God her voice needs some time to get used to, but at the 2nd half I surprisingly already did. Haruka is cute and all, but I also like Yuuto's design. He's somewhat taller and a bit reliable than all the generic/worthless lead judging from the 1st ep.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 08:09   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
And Ayase Yuuto, well he's a fairly typical male lead, but I like that he at least has some backbone, and isn't overly girl-allergic like characters in his role tend to be. Heck, he even has a good reason why he's more girl-avoidant than girl-allergic.
Ahaha~

That's one point XD

And I guess it is a good thing that he isn't playing out to be a horny bugger either. Finally, we have someone "normal"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 12:32   Link #60
UPR

I was happy to see the male lead not be fased by the female grabbing his arm. Unlike others males leads who would just faint at the slightest touch. It's rare but good to see he isn't going to be a push over.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen