AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 13:24   Link #81
Man0warr

All MediaWorks light novels end up being decent anime adaptions, this one has 7 volumes out already so hopefully we can get a season 2 if they pace it like Zero no Tsukaima, which covered about 8 volumes in its first 2 seasons.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 17:31   Link #82
amjzz

After see the first episode it seems that its a good comedy/romance anime.

It looks interesting.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 18:07   Link #83
nanafan
horo fan

i agree with the others that it's nice that ayase isn't afraid of chicks because that seems to be the usual cliche with romance anime. i think it's an interesting story to have a female otaku it's the opposite of what we are used to (sort of)

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 00:18   Link #84
ZeRoGravity

I didn't like Noto's voice that much. There is something off about Noto voicing Nogizaka that I don't like. Anyways, Decided to watch this because it focuses on a female otaku for once.
Old 2008-07-16, 03:21   Link #85
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I read the plot summary and was instantly interested in checking out this anime. The episode was how I imagined it to be and it was enjoyable to watch, however I have to agree with others that Mamiko Noto doing Haruka's voice is kind of out of place. I guess its because I never really heard her do some kind of rich girl/princess character before. I am very interested to see how much of a anime geek she really is and I'm a for a lot of LOLs to follow...hopefully.

One do I do like about Haruka is that she drawn very nicely. She like so cute when she was crying when Ayase picked up her magizine in the library.
Old 2008-07-16, 04:02   Link #86
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

When I read the premise on ANN, I had kittens. I really did. The idea, of itself, of a female /a/non being a respected normalfag IRL, desperately trying to suppress her power level is brilliant, just brilliant, and pretty much has limitless potential. The social stigma is one thing, interesting in itself, but I'm far more interested in seeing the day-to-day dealings of this particular individual who is, in a sense, putting up a facade. It's a formula for comedy gold.

And while I'd be lying if I said that I didn't thoroughly enjoy this first episode, there are a few things I took issue with, and a few things I think limits its potential. The first are the slapstick cliches: drunk housemates (who are those women), militant fanclub, etc. We can take a bit of solace from the fact that these things were understated, but why do we need to have them at all? One thing that I did enjoy though was Asakura, the crazy fanboy who can't suppress his power level. He basically exists as a giant lighthouse for Haruka, emitting intense rays of "this is how you do it WRONG".

Noto, as Haruka, I think is a miscast. It doesn't suit the character design, and it plays up her helpless moe angle way too much, and kinda makes a caricature of the character. The character itself, is a really good one. From the first episode, we know that she has this facade, that she's had everything in life fairly easily because of her looks, money and natural talent, that she's popular, understands that she's popular because of her facade, but thinks that her entire world would come crashing down if people were to discover her secret (which may well be a reasonable fear). The problem I had was that her voice, and a lot of her behaviour plays up this helpless side of her character as someone who constantly needs the slightly-less-than-generic-but-not-too-much male lead to help her. It makes her a caricature, and an all too easy target for our squeaming flames of moe. I really think that they could have made a just as interesting and funny character, maybe even moreso, if she didn't need Ayase to hold her hand with everything she did.

I think this has serious potential, but I'd really like to see Haruka not hold so tightly onto Ayase's hand quite so much.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 05:24   Link #87
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2 preview summary:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 12:56   Link #88
cyberdemon

new episode should be out, shouldn't it? anyone got anything on it?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 13:40   Link #89
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 02:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 14:37   Link #90
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 14:55   Link #91
amjzz

Episode 2 aired already?. When they air?.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 17:41   Link #92
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Technically it aired at 2AM, so as of this post 4 hours and 40 minutes ago.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 21:18   Link #93
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Wow, im behind. I just finished the first episode. Anyways, Very funny and very entertaining. For once theres a male lead i actually like! A male lead with a backbone! Kinda mixed on the voices. I have a feeling i might get use to it, but for now Haruka's voice bugs me.
Old 2008-07-18, 03:03   Link #94
expo25kr

I felt that way for the 1st ep about Haruka's voice, but after ep2, I am starting to grow on it. It's not bad?
expo25kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 03:54   Link #95
ZODDGUTS

I was also pretty suprised the voice that she had for that type of character it's not bad but not the voice you would expect for her type of character.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 07:03   Link #96
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 10:35   Link #97
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I liked ep2. It took a while to get going for me, but they worked the premise very well for me. Of course, I think Haruka -- as played by Noto -- is just beautifully dojikko moe.
Spoiler for ep2:
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 14:56   Link #98
mandarb916

really light and cute series...was a little meh about noto voicing haruka when I saw the cast lineup, but she's doing a really great job imho.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 17:35   Link #99
Chase

Just saw episode 1, seems pretty good and i agree, the male actually has a backbone. Looks like this will be picked up for the whole series

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 07:22   Link #100
TrueKnight

Ep 2 was good....

This show is incredibly cute and moe. Man, Yuuto got his hand full with a moe female otaku lol. I admit I was disturbed with Haruka's uber geekiness to the point it's beyond stupid, but manly Yuuto who happen was not a geek and backing her up till she showed her cute grattitude to Yuuto has completely won me over....

I think I'd definitely follow this series after ep 2.....Unless if it becomes a potential trainwreck like the stupid moon princess harem (forgot its name)....
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen