AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 01:43   Link #21
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Frankly, I am biased against the entertainment industry as I believe they're a bunch of airheads doing what little children in english class do--recite script. I wouldn't hate them so much if they weren't paid millions and millions of dollars for it, but made 5-6 figures like the rest of the people on planet earth.

Anna Nicole had it coming, and if Britney Spears drops dead tomorrow, I'll be laughing too. We don't need people being paid millions sending out a message that to make millions, it's just a matter of luck and reciting a script, and that everyone that makes an honest living doing what is necessary to society (teaching, consulting, hiring people, making necessary products) are good-for-nothings that the world can deal without. Every time there's a new movie star, God kills a kitten. Every time some lame entertainment figure eats it (and those that aren't are few and far between and are all older than 40 IMO), then there is a newborn litter of bunnies.

Frankly, I wish our celebrities were more like Ivanka Trump--celebrated for having BRAINS rather than OMG SHE'S HOTT (though Ivanka, that certainly helps )

Because in producing videogames, we don't care about who stars in them--just their quality. Lord of the Rings didn't exactly have actors that I could call OMGSTARS, and they were the best films in a while.
Old 2007-02-10, 01:58   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Actually if you think about it sad how media hypes people as the hottest celebrity one day and you are discarded as trash the next day . I feel bad for her in that sense .
Old 2007-02-10, 02:08   Link #23
Demongod86

They deserve being discarded if they're picked up for nothing great.

public class CelebritiesWelcomeToReality{
public static void main(String[] args){
int you = 1;
int population=population+you;

System.out.println("Down with the overpaid assholes in hollywood!");
}
}

Last edited by Demongod86; 2007-02-11 at 20:51. Reason: Had to initialize you!
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 09:47   Link #24
Panic&Kaos
Night time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Frankly, I am biased against the entertainment industry as I believe they're a bunch of airheads doing what little children in english class do--recite script. I wouldn't hate them so much if they weren't paid millions and millions of dollars for it, but made 5-6 figures like the rest of the people on planet earth.

Anna Nicole had it coming, and if Britney Spears drops dead tomorrow, I'll be laughing too. We don't need people being paid millions sending out a message that to make millions, it's just a matter of luck and reciting a script, and that everyone that makes an honest living doing what is necessary to society (teaching, consulting, hiring people, making necessary products) are good-for-nothings that the world can deal without. Every time there's a new movie star, God kills a kitten. Every time some lame entertainment figure eats it (and those that aren't are few and far between and are all older than 40 IMO), then there is a newborn litter of bunnies.

Frankly, I wish our celebrities were more like Ivanka Trump--celebrated for having BRAINS rather than OMG SHE'S HOTT (though Ivanka, that certainly helps )

Because in producing videogames, we don't care about who stars in them--just their quality. Lord of the Rings didn't exactly have actors that I could call OMGSTARS, and they were the best films in a while.
Well first things first, Anime, It's entertainment, and if you hate entertainment so much why are you on an anime forum?

((Btw, Since when does Anna Nicole Smith have to recite a script? all she has to do is take off her clothing and lay on a bed))
Panic&Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 10:56   Link #25
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Why people are fighting on this thread ? I don't really get it. Its all my fault..
Old 2007-02-10, 22:00   Link #26
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
Why people are fighting on this thread ? I don't really get it. Its all my fault..
Don't blame yourself, it's just some people have no respect for the dead. Sure she married a 90 year old koot, but she is still a human being that died at an early age. Hell my mother is 39 and is fighting breast cancer! The death of Anna Nichole Smith has alarmed me about my mother's life! Why judge her now that she's dead? Who gives anyone the right to judge her?
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 22:07   Link #27
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic&Kaos View Post
Well first things first, Anime, It's entertainment, and if you hate entertainment so much why are you on an anime forum?

((Btw, Since when does Anna Nicole Smith have to recite a script? all she has to do is take off her clothing and lay on a bed))
Because the people in anime aren't paid through the nose and aren't these OMGWORSHIPNOW celebrities. And because we care about the characters they voice, rather than who's voicing which character.

This is why I liked the LotR films...the actors were pretty nameless to me, but the movies themselves were all the more amazing for it. And with Da Vinci Code, well, Tom Hanks isn't exactly the devil in my book. He did a great job directing from the earth to the moon (another highly enjoyable series that doesn't need overpaid stars), and plays a good professor Langdon.

And Ian McKellen? Who's Ian McK--ohhhh...GANDALF!!

Sadly, there aren't enough movie stars in America that we associate them with their character, but too many characters in the movies that we associate with their actors.

This is why I like the anime industry, because you associate the VAs with your choice of the character they play (Tanaka Rie?? Oh, you mean Her Holy Pinkness! *I am not worthy*).

[Mass cynicism/causticism/sarcasm]
And Anna Nicole isn't even an actress--OH GOD...stripper! With weight problems and drug overdosing! How filthy! No wonder she's dead...it wasn't a drug overdose...it was bad karma!

Now let's start counting down Paris Hilton's and Britney Spears's days.
[/Mass cynicism/causticism/sarcasm]
Old 2007-02-11, 12:32   Link #28
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
She was a great person, taught woman how to marry rich old guys and take their money. Sad to see her go.
________
Herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:53.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 18:21   Link #29
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
They deserve being discarded if they're picked up for nothing great.

public class CelebritiesWelcomeToReality{
public static void main(String[] args){
int population=population+you;

System.out.println("Down with the overpaid assholes in hollywood!");
}
}
This program will fail because variable you is not initialized.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 20:51   Link #30
Demongod86

Oops, fixed!
Old 2007-02-11, 21:13   Link #31
kayos
RETIRED

Sucks to be her.

Shit dude, after the things she had to endure with that old geezer. Then to lose everything after. Really sucks to be her.

It's like a game of tag for the money.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 23:46   Link #32
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
First her son, then her? Who will inherit her riches? I sense a murder-conspiracy!
I actually agree.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Anna Nicole has a baby, son (potential rival for money) dies.

Anna Nicole dies.

Newborn is obviously too young to keep money, all cash is turned over to the boyfriend/lawyer for...safekeeping.

A couple of interesting thoughts posted on another forum:

I don't think she'll be terribly missed. Did she even really have fans or just people who mocked her?

No disrespect intended. I think that makes her death even more depressing.

Everybody knew her name. Almost nobody cared and, in the end, nobody saved her.

She was somebody desparate to be somebody. She wound up with money (that didn't fix her problems). She lived her life propped up before the world with a giant "Kick Me" sign on her back. That world waited for her to die and then resumed kicking her, everybody eager to get one last shot in before they lowered the casket.

I don't think the truth is anywhere near as shocking. I think Anna's first and biggest mistake is allowing Howard K. Stern to become her manager and letting him have so much control. Stern started off as a lawyer and doesn't really know how to manage someone's career. Stern stood by and let Anna stay hooked on drugs probably because it would make her easier to control and she'd be forced to depend on him more. If Anna told the truth and admitted the other guy was the baby's father Stern probably saw that as someone else getting into Anna's life and taking away some of his control. He probably convinced Anna that admitting the other guy was the baby's father was a bad thing and talked her into leaving the country.

He convinced her to to tell the media the child was his and then did the fake marriage thing to keep control. I guess he thought that doing all that would be enough to keep the real father from being able to really do anything but apparently it didn't work. I think Anna's son's death really was an accident but that accident only helped to strengthen Howard's hold over Anna. Howard was very good at keeping Anna from having friends and relatives in her life so she'd be forced to mostly depend on him.
With all this drama that should've have been any drama in the first place on Anna's shoulders she just freaked out and probably over did it with whatever she was on or she just thought it was too much for her and did it on purpose.

Howard K.Stern was trying to protect his interests because otherwise who else cared even a little bit if Anna got pregnant by someone else? If Anna came out and admitted this guy was the father why on earth would anyone give a rat's ass? The whole scandal was created because she refused to admit it. There's nothing to suggest that this guy is some sort of monster she needs to be protected from. Stern was the only person with something to lose from her admitting the truth.

The whole thing kinda mirrors what Jack Gordon did with Latoya Jackson years ago but that senerio didn't end so tragically. Jack made sure she was always on the outs with her family and didn't allow her any real friends. He even married Latoya to "protect" her. Near the end he somehow managed to convince Latoya to have a baby with him but he couldn't get her pregnant. Much like Howard K. Stern he never had the ability to get her any real gigs that paid well and move her career forward so he just had her doing low rent gigs and keep her name in the public by letting her get involved in various scandals over the years. Latoya was lucky she eventually got away from him.

So yes, in my opinion Anna's death was a sad and tragic thing because she was used and manipulated by someone who didn't have her best interests at heart and never really tried to help her get the help she needed.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 03:32   Link #33
Chobits*

I believe her son dieing had a huge role on all this. Depression is the worst killer out there and it sad to know that she left a baby without a mom.
Chobits* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 14:04   Link #34
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobits* View Post
I believe her son dieing had a huge role on all this. Depression is the worst killer out there and it sad to know that she left a baby without a mom.
I agree. Her son was her whole world and then died. Some say it sucks to be her now, what about when her son died? That must hurt more than anything else.
Old 2007-02-12, 16:12   Link #35
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I know I'm going to sound like a horrible person, but I'm glad that she has bitten the dust. I will be struck by lightning before I show pity or sorrow for those who do not deserve either of the two. After all, I highly doubt that t was just by chance that she married an 89-year old billionaire for "love", especially considering she did not even live with him.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Old 2007-02-12, 21:58   Link #36
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I gotta agree with you there.

As two of my friends from another forum commented, "Man she was a nutter before her son died, and she became a professional nutter after her son died. On top of that she 'owned' a house in the Bahamas of which she was going to get kicked out of anyways by the Landlord who let her stay there for a few months free. I hate to say this, because shes dead and all, but she had it coming with all of these things considered."

The other one said this: "Eh -- people die. we shouldn't mourn mediocrity, or for that matter a woman who really didn't do anything save appear in Playboy."
Old 2007-03-28, 12:42   Link #37
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

They are now saying it was a drug overdose. Something doesn't seem right about this
Old 2007-03-30, 07:19   Link #38
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Oh please -.-...felt sorry? I don't buy that.
it's easy to not believe it since the ONLY side of the story you really hear is what is force fed down your throat through the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post
She was a great person, taught woman how to marry rich old guys and take their money. Sad to see her go.
um...no? if you did a teenie weenie bit of research, you would know she was in court hearings concerning the money, cause she wasn't gonna get jack squat even though she was married to the man.

to sidetrack the thread...

Anna Nicole isn't dead, she's on a hidden away island where Biggy, Pac, JFK, Corbain, and Elvis live out the rest of their days.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 07:37   Link #39
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge87 View Post
They are now saying it was a drug overdose. Something doesn't seem right about this
On the contrary, it does. For the last few months, she had to outlive her son, which just destroyed her mentally. After that, the media started torturing her by following her every move and turning the final days of her life into a frakking soap opera. I'm not surprised that she turned to drugs to forget her pain just for a single moment. That's what drugs are for...just a temporary measure to forget your problems, not face them.

I'm just glad her sufferings are over now...pity that it ended that way.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 09:44   Link #40
kayos
RETIRED

Either it was suicide or someone's devised plan over a period of time to make it look like suicide. Every step taken with precaution to lead up to the finale .
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote