AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-11, 13:30   Link #201
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Just watched and i thought that the adaption was more or less spot on imo as said before the events in this ova happen later in the manga so i would treat it as a teaser as to what there is installed for us - i expect a full introduction when the series starts

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 14:02   Link #202
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
both a subbed and raw version are already out.
Just one magic word here: where?

As soon as I've read your post i've gone to animesuki and mininova releases and i coulden't find the subbed version.

Help please?
mercury lampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 14:37   Link #203
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
both a subbed and raw version are already out.

It wasnt as bad as i was expecting, sure theres tonnes of innuendo, but nothing more than whats already seen in alot of anime already. i wasnt to impressed though, the manga is waaaay better imo
i sec that O.O subbed already? dam that was fast
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 15:34   Link #204
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

A year or so ago, we heard stories about a censorship crackdown in Japan. Then we get Moetan and Kodomo no Jikan. I'm not sure if these go further than Sumomomo or Rizelmine, but they at least equal them. We'll see how the series compares to the OVA.

The OVA did a good job of conveying the comic but humane spirit of the manga. The voices of Kitamura Eri, Kadowaki Mai, and Shindou Kei (and Sugita Tomokazu) worked well for me. And I liked the animation, particularly of the facial expressions.

I haven't seen an English sub anywhere, but the first Chinese sub is out. Instead of calling it "Children's Time" (Japanese: Kodomo no Jikan), the subbers called it "Loli Time" (Chinese: Luoli de Shijian).
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 17:42   Link #205
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
However, they can get a way with a LOT in the way of innuendo and artful photography ... I was listening to someone who was a comedian in the American hyper-censored late 60s and he had a lot of hilarious stories about the creativity that censorship induced (censors, of course, being a bit slow).
The use of "Barbie-doll" nudity in anime always annoys me given that, being animated, they can easily stop a bare millimeter away from actually showing something naughty and almost seeing something can often be more titillating that actually seeing it.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 18:36   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You are correct, sir. Near nudity and "unexpected skin" (e.g. cutouts on dresses, etc) often end up having censorial unintended effects (a.k.a. being more exciting than if they had just been nekkid).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 23:03   Link #207
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

I just watched the raw and most of the sight-gags floored me. Can't wait for the subs. Made some ani-AVs while I was at it...I picked my keeper already...

Free Rin Kokonoe!
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 01:34   Link #208
squaretofu
Triangle Defense

Send a message via AIM to squaretofu
The milk runs very thick in this anime.

OH yeah, Kuro is a lesbian...

How does a loli become a lesbian at that age?
squaretofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 04:00   Link #209
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
A year or so ago, we heard stories about a censorship crackdown in Japan. Then we get Moetan and Kodomo no Jikan. I'm not sure if these go further than Sumomomo or Rizelmine, but they at least equal them. We'll see how the series compares to the OVA.
Can't really compare to Sumomomo as it is rather recent and the girl isn't loli, she's supposed 16, she's just a dwarf =P
And Rizelmine never had that much fanservices either.
Old 2007-09-12, 06:37   Link #210
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaretofu View Post

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-12, 11:06   Link #211
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaretofu View Post
The milk runs very thick in this anime.

well we do see that in some animes girl idols getting love letters for another girl (classic formula goes by the super cool senpai who is attracteive even to the opposite sex) - I would say that its more of a "misunderstanding" of her feelings as it is usually a mixup between respect and love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Can't really compare to Sumomomo as it is rather recent and the girl isn't loli, she's supposed 16, she's just a dwarf =P
And Rizelmine never had that much fanservices either.
but iroha was younger

razelmine had fanservice but they where most of the time shown in an innocent fashion (well the ones concerning razel that is) ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-09-12, 11:49   Link #212
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
but iroha was younger
Well I'm not sure who was Iroha, but from reading the manga none of the girls until I quit reading it were loli to begin with, just teenagers, like in most harem animes and possibly smaller in height than the average.
Old 2007-09-12, 11:51   Link #213
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

'girl crushes' are not uncommon in Japan especially given the relative isolation of the two genders even in mixed schools. It's more of a worship thing than actual "lesbianism". That word gets misused too often by people whom I suspect don't read the dictionary enough: relationships can be a lot more complex than simple labels.

@Sumomomo comparison: really not much of a comparison -- that show is a slapstick comedy with some lolita-like aspects and the girls are drawn youngish (ala Manabi Straight or Ichigo) but there's another term that gets misused too easily.
Old 2007-09-12, 11:56   Link #214
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well we do see that in some animes girl idols getting love letters for another girl (classic formula goes by the super cool senpai who is attracteive even to the opposite sex) - I would say that its more of a "misunderstanding" of her feelings as it is usually a mixup between respect and love
just a couple of things:

1. I want to believe that KnJ has more plot (in terms of psychological traumas or disorders that make the characters evolve) to simply say that the link between Kuro-chan and kokonoe is the same as a fangirl and the super-idol she worships.

2. About the "respect" and "love" I more or less agree but, tell me one thing, do you read the manga? because at least IMO, i guess it's rather clear that kuro-chan isn't confued about her feelings, so i woulden't use the word "misunderstanding" here.

(also read my post if you want in order to know my position about this)
Old 2007-09-12, 14:12   Link #215
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ im just addressing the issue about girls who fall for other girls in general so yes i do know that kuro's feelings for rin go a lot more deeper than that (should have made that clear - my mistake )

Old 2007-09-12, 16:47   Link #216
FireChick

Quote:
Are they doing the can-can or something?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 10:23   Link #217
mercury lampe

Just seen the opening! (yes, a bit late i know) and wow! it has been SO nice

When i first listened to the music in the promo trailer, I didn't know what to think but now I've made up my mind! it's catchy! ^^ and fits very well with the images.

Also, I love the way the characters were presented; Specially, at the begining of the op, is pretty sharp how the designers decide to show us the relationship between Kokonoe and aoki-sensei by presenting 4 pictures where Rin is gradually approaching to aoki:

In the first one, she was winking at her teacher and he doesn't pay any attention to her. In the second, kokonoe runs to him and we see how aoki feels surprised, reaction that increases a lot when the little blonde starts to undress and finally when she gives him a panty-shot.

An the second scene I love is when, after this, a very evil Kuro-chan punishes a chibi doll of aoki, showing her jealousy.

As i said, pretty clever and nice. I really can't wait to see the ova with subs. And for sure, is there some news about that? when the subs will be released?

Thanks.

Last edited by mercury lampe; 2007-09-13 at 11:38.
Old 2007-09-13, 11:11   Link #218
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... I'm told my copy of the LE 4th volume with the OVA just shipped. I suppose I'll get to make my own impressions in a few days.
Old 2007-09-13, 11:38   Link #219
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Wow, it's always nice to browse Animesuki without a certain destination once in a while, you never know what you might find. I've heard about this series before, and I actually think I saw the promo released at the C72. Pretty interesting, and, well, lolilicious

I'm gonna make a little search for the subbed OVA version and see what happens, although I'm already predicting that, after watching it, I'll be dying in anticipation for the air date.

Edit: Yeah, I was right... Although I'm afraid I might have to leave the house to watch this series in the not-so-far-away future. My brothers finding my Hanaukyo Maids DVD was already embarrassing enough.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2007-09-13 at 13:08.
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 16:26   Link #220
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Ill be looking forward to this series
The OVA was good, had some funny parts, love the opening

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen