AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 23:40   Link #61
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
One thing I've noticed about Japanese programming involving interviews is A) somebody's always nodding (half-assed bow maybe) so vigorously it looks like they're head might fly of their shoulder's and B) either there is lots of gaudy multicolored text flashing across the screen (Studio interviews) or absolutely no BGM or studio produced noise to the point where a figurine sliding across the table sounds like a cat scratching at your dog (Private interview).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 07:26   Link #62
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
A bit more info...

Director: Sugenuma Eiji
Script: Okada Mari
Character design: Ishikawa Masaichi
Old 2007-03-06, 16:16   Link #63
Thany
Unfair

It seems like The Triad is probably going to sub it^^
Old 2007-03-06, 16:45   Link #64
JediNight
キズランダム

Are the production studios just picking up manga for release as anime quicker and quicker nowadays? It seems to me that a lot of stuff is being picked up after only like 3 volumes and then they try to make 13 episodes out of it. Unfortunately it usually means they have to be fairly liberal with the plot and create their own ending. (Asatte no Houkou anyone?)

Just makes me sad when shows are worse than they could be, because they can't wait long enough to adapt the manga, or they try to squeeze like 18-26episodes of material into 13 eps...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 22:12   Link #65
Jiji
*Scanlator

Unfortunately, it's a matter of money. The ability to make money off of the series is greater than their desire to work with the mangaka and be patient and perhaps make it into an anime...later, maybe?

Still, maybe in this case, they did work closely with the mangaka so that the anime bears some resemblance to the manga.

OTOH, sometimes, when the anime is a bit different than the manga, it's okay, too. We'll see, I guess. Can't wait, tho. This is going to be fun.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 15:53   Link #66
NeoSam

Hmm there's no need to post an image of the anime announcement since its already has been announced >.< but I like the image :P so here:
http://teamyc.myweb.hinet.net/0707.jpg
Old 2007-03-31, 18:07   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Are the production studios just picking up manga for release as anime quicker and quicker nowadays? It seems to me that a lot of stuff is being picked up after only like 3 volumes and then they try to make 13 episodes out of it. Unfortunately it usually means they have to be fairly liberal with the plot and create their own ending. (Asatte no Houkou anyone?) Just makes me sad when shows are worse than they could be, because they can't wait long enough to adapt the manga, or they try to squeeze like 18-26episodes of material into 13 eps...
It seems like they're picking them up too soon to me, too. Asatte was good, but could have been better if they'd waited. And Nishi no Yoko Majou could have been better if they'd given it 24 episodes. The flip side of all this is that it means a lot of anime have basically good stories. And the demand is because more anime are being made, I think.

I think there are also plenty of shows (Sumomo mo Momo mo, Mamoru-kun) that should be 13 episodes long and are stretched to 24. Of course it all has to do with making money. But so did Shakespeare and Dickens, so that's okay. It's just a matter of making the right artistic decisions.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 19:42   Link #68
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Hmm there's no need to post an image of the anime announcement since its already has been announced >.< but I like the image :P so here:
http://teamyc.myweb.hinet.net/0707.jpg
Ok on the left we have a Mikuru or girl in hot pants, then Rin always has her tongue stuck out in that classic seductive pose, and the girl on the right, I swear those Nekomimi are real ears. They all look like they are hiding something too.

What evil are these girls plotting? I'm kind of scared to think about it. If H-RPG/H-Strategy games have taught me anything its that the loli characters are always the most dangerous and deadly, while looking harmless and carefree, but then your HP is gone and your back at the save point. I think the teacher might as well go back to teaching college if this is what he's up against.
Old 2007-03-31, 23:25   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yes... basically he's completely doomed and screwed...

That pic of the left girl seems quite reworked by the character designers ... I'm sitting here looking at the manga and she is not anywhere as boobed up as that... bleh.? Ah well, she is a *little* bustier than the others.... personality-wise she whines and kind of carries on a bit like Mikuru.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-04-01 at 01:30.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 16:51   Link #70
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Some official news about the casting from this month's Comic High :-

九重りん:喜多村英梨
Kokonoe Rin : Kitamura Eri (Blood+ Saya)
鏡黒  :真堂圭
Kagami Kuro : Shindo Kei (Ikkitousen Ryuubi)
宇佐美々:門脇舞以
Usa Mimi : Kadowaki Mai (Negima Satomi Hakase)

Now I'm just waiting for the Scans to be up on Winny to back my post up.
Old 2007-05-21, 21:48   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have no idea if that casting is good or is horrifying ... it'll depend on how they play their voices I guess. I'm just as interested to hear who will play the harassed Sensei ... his acting skill will be key to making this work methinks.
Old 2007-05-21, 21:56   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

No Rie Kugimiya...Damn!
Old 2007-05-22, 01:24   Link #73
NeoSam

Quote:

Yeah, you are right, its mentioned in the latest issue of the seinen manga magazine Comic High!

Anyway, here's a pervy pic with the news: (though its too small)

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-22, 02:01   Link #74
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Now this is a series to look forward to. I've had enough of impostors' trying to imitate like lolis as it is in Manabi Straight.

The above is so misleading and wrong in so many ways! You are not loli.
But it's cute.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 08:04   Link #75
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I think that hopes for Kugimiya were unrealistic to begin with. I mean there is Zero No tsukaima on July where Kugumiya will play Louise again, so I was kind of expecting that there should be no other serious jobs of her's around this time.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 22:11   Link #76
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Bigger scan of the official annoucement + preview of the anime chara design :-

Spoiler:

For those who do not know who Kitamura is, she's the the voice of Saya from Blood+. Somehow I cannot imagine her as the voice of Kokonoe.

Likewise for Shindou, she does not have any siginificant role for me to date.

Kadowaki had voiced Illya from F/SN and some other rori roles before, so I have no problem of her doing another one.
Old 2007-05-23, 12:21   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Bigger scan of the official annoucement + preview of the anime chara design :-

Spoiler:

For those who do not know who Kitamura is, she's the the voice of Saya from Blood+. Somehow I cannot imagine her as the voice of Kokonoe.

Likewise for Shindou, she does not have any siginificant role for me to date.

Kadowaki had voiced Illya from F/SN and some other rori roles before, so I have no problem of her doing another one.
Wait Wait, the official artwork is of them stark naked with good artwork.

*Faint*
Old 2007-05-23, 13:21   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The church-ladies will begin the burning at 9 ... ... ... ...

Not a big deal in Japan (where context is everything) .... but I'm still going to be fascinated to watch the SevenSeas debut of the manga in USAian/Canadia (where the mere whiff of appearances create lynchmobs since research actually takes critical thinking skills).
Old 2007-05-23, 13:41   Link #79
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
vol. 4 of the manga will be out september 12th..... along with an OVA of the anime?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!???!

Spoiler for announcement ad:

the ad says the OVA will be sold with the special edition of vol. 4 (like the special edition of vol.3 which included a figure)

too much excitement
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 16:28   Link #80
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzfurrball View Post
vol. 4 of the manga will be out september 12th..... along with an OVA of the anime?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!???!

Spoiler for announcement ad:

the ad says the OVA will be sold with the special edition of vol. 4 (like the special edition of vol.3 which included a figure)

too much excitement
Thanks alot itzfurrball for this news, a TV series and an OVA, great

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen