AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-14, 09:39   Link #281
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan View Post
Hey, I put in a wink to show I wasn't being serious. And I don't claim any copyrights whatsoever either. However, it would be good courtesy to show where things came from (after all, I put in a lot of hard work getting as much information as possible).
I was too harsh, but I'm quite annoyed by fansubbers and scanlaters who want the copyright on their translations... LOL as they had that right to begin with.
That "my" made me mad, but I exaggerated its meaning perhaps: I think your blog is very nice, but I see it as a part of the fansub community so I thought that the link to the blog was useless (I found it thanks to Google).

Quote:
Anyway, I agree partly to what you said about the 12 conditions of the contract... it was quite alarming to see the domination humans expected... but to be fair, humans are on the brink of extinction thanks to the hands of the Silver Race, and who knows what conditions they have on their contracts with their Nodosses.
Someone who is on the verge of exitinction doesn't think to dominate the universe, but think about how to survive. Those conditions are nonsense: it's like if, for example, the Nazis, in the last days of WWII, had meetings in Berlin about how to invade Washington while the American and Russian troops were a few kilometers away from Berlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
One wonders who came up with the Iron Tribe's conditions, anyway. The princess' ancestors? It's surprising to me that everyone seems agreed on them at this point, but that's humanity for you, I guess...
Well that contract was done 120 years ago so I don't think it was made by Deianeira, unless the humans live a lot longer in that animeverse.
Anyway it isn't really important as Deianeira shares them.
Ah but regarding Age being 120 years old and able to survive in open space: is he really human?

Quote:
I like the absurdity of the 12 labors, though. It definitely adds to the ambiguity of the show, instead of casting the Iron Tribe as the blameless underdog heroes.
Yes of course that contract made the show more interesting. I'm criticizing the foolishness of humans, not the show in itself: well I criticized it for being a bit too dragonballish, but that's another story.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 12:58   Link #282
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
I was too harsh, but I'm quite annoyed by fansubbers and scanlaters who want the copyright on their translations...
Keep down, (Den Ball flach halten or keep low profile)
i think, that these 12 Labors are already written here in this thread. Just look for other pages here, if not. Then surly 4chan was first in getting them. But, if you insist, some Germanguy *hust* was not much faster

Well, what have i said?. Keep low profile, we are all in the same boat. Are we not?
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 13:14   Link #283
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Keep down, (Den Ball flach halten or keep low profile)
i think, that these 12 Labors are already written here in this thread. Just look for other pages here, if not. Then surly 4chan was first in getting them. But, if you insist, some Germanguy *hust* was not much faster

Well, what have i said?. Keep low profile, we are all in the same boat. Are we not?
Huh? I couldn't care less who was the first in writing those 12 conditions... I mean I posted them only because I didn't see them here, perhaps I missed the post which they were in.
Old 2007-04-14, 15:18   Link #284
Seska

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=95

Peace all

Old 2007-04-14, 15:40   Link #285
apr
Pedestrian

In case it's still being debated, here's a screencap from ep 2 where the 12 labours are shown in Engrish.
Old 2007-04-15, 03:29   Link #286
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Well, we might learn more about the contract and the whereabouts/stats of those Nodoses - who, according to the OP, might look very different from each other (who knows? They might even have been reshaped to the likenesses of mythical beasts/creatures like cyclopses, harpies or minotaurs) - since this evening's (I'm GMT+1 and the show airs at 06:00 PM for me) episode is named, according to ANN, 'Eiyuu no Shuzoku' ("Hero's Race").

It might, of course, be a flashback ep where the history of the Nodoses and their downfall is explored...although I hope for plot progression.
Spoiler:

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 03:39   Link #287
ccardoso
Banned

I was thinking what is the Planet Titarros... humankind temporary HQ?

PS I hope this show is taken by some other groups, so we'll have the episodes faster. The monopoly isn't a good thing...
Old 2007-04-15, 11:40   Link #288
ccardoso
Banned

2chan link?
Old 2007-04-15, 11:44   Link #289
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

As usual, do NOT spread the 2chan links.
If you are to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URLS.

If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and copy the new link. Do NOT direct-link. 2chan pics last a few hours only and are eventually erased from the servers... and the broken url consequently leads to pages full of questionable advertisements.

I'll erase this in a few hours so save it while you can.

Oh, and by the way, it seems that 'Age' is the correct spelling of our little resident SpaceTarzan's name and not 'Eiji' as previously stated/corrected/pointed out.

EDIT: link removed

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-04-15 at 15:40. Reason: 2chan link removal
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:15   Link #290
ccardoso
Banned

Oh anyway we got a shot of the other nodosses....
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-15, 12:22   Link #291
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Spoiler for The other Nodosses:
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:23   Link #292
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for The other Nodosses:
It doesn't seem so... well anyway it's quite unfair four on one...
Old 2007-04-15, 13:52   Link #293
velvet nightmare

so if the silver tribe enslaved or obtained 4 nodos already..
wont be too hard to just take age?

and why do they look resoundingly like humans
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:13   Link #294
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
After episode 2:

The direction Heroic Age is taking is bad. It utterly destroyed the romance of the epic battle of space. Instead, it took a more childish turn: the image of human is good, humans are the master race, the bugs are to be subverted to humans. Even the silver tribe, who seems to be the only one to have a fighting chance and have good technology, looks like human.

Well, I guess I'm jumping the gun a little. But the direction this is going is alarmingly bad. Like other people said before, humans are too egotistic >_>

Poor bronze tribe. They don't stand a chance without any Nodos.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:17   Link #295
Lelouch
Phaeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
After episode 2:

The direction Heroic Age is taking is bad. It utterly destroyed the romance of the epic battle of space. Instead, it took a more childish turn: the image of human is good, humans are the master race, the bugs are to be subverted to humans. Even the silver tribe, who seems to be the only one to have a fighting chance and have good technology, looks like human.

Well, I guess I'm jumping the gun a little. But the direction this is going is alarmingly bad. Like other people said before, humans are too egotistic >_>

Poor bronze tribe. They don't stand a chance without any Nodos.
seeing how we are evolved, i guess it wouldn't be too wrong for aliens to resemble humans in one way or another, ofcourse there should be evolutionary traits...
Old 2007-04-15, 14:21   Link #296
Seska

Aww, man. I can see the future...

Spoiler:

Well, 2 more episodes to go. to check for myself if i stay hooked...
Old 2007-04-15, 14:35   Link #297
AvianWing
lol whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch
seeing how we are evolved, i guess it wouldn't be too wrong for aliens to resemble humans in one way or another, ofcourse there should be evolutionary traits...
Well, that could be true. But the chance of having another race who shares eerily similar characteristics is even less than hitting the lottery. For humans to be the way they are right now, a ton of chances had to have occured. I do not believe that humans were always the fittest to survivce. Intelligece are not associated with, say, walking on 2 feet or being a land dweller.

Unless, of course, the golden tribe is a bunch of gods who created the races and are biased to those who look like them
Old 2007-04-15, 14:41   Link #298
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
Well, that could be true. But the chance of having another race who shares eerily similar characteristics is even less than hitting the lottery. For humans to be the way they are right now, a ton of chances had to have occured. I do not believe that humans were always the fittest to survivce. Intelligece are not associated with, say, walking on 2 feet or being a land dweller.

Unless, of course, the golden tribe is a bunch of gods who created the races and are biased to those who look like them
It's an anime guys...
Old 2007-04-15, 15:11   Link #299
AvianWing
lol whut?

point taken. I love how the shortest answer is always the most logical one
Old 2007-04-15, 15:16   Link #300
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Wow,those 12 labors look a lot like a warplan for über Iron Tribe's domination.

It seems to be a pact with the devil.Intresting.

Tags
action, science fiction