AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-29, 18:20   Link #601
Demitre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Does it change something? For the show it's the same: a nice explanation is that there are time jumps. After all the captain said that Age has been fighting for two hundred hours: I don't recall watching two hundred hours of Heroic Age...
Hey I understand we are not seeing everything that's going on, but unless the silver tribe has some kinda tractor beam, the iron's tribe ship should just keep running if it is not all instantaneous. Distance does not seem to be an obstacle in this anime, despite it being a space opera, which bothers me.

Quote:
Well because the Iron Tribe mastered the art of running away... they're the most advanced Tribe in the universe in that field: I bet they're even better than the Gold Tribe in that!
Well, I guess Deianeira's crew should have learned more from their breathen then, because they suck at it. Seriously, how many times are we going to see her ship nearly escape disaster only to see the silver ship appear in front of them in the next scene with no rhyme or reason? If this silver tribe is this omnipotent, what is the point.
Demitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 18:59   Link #602
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
lol. i love it when you bloke throw out the "if they can see the future, why bother fighting it?" line....

but you just answer your own questions.

just because the Gold Tribe KNOW the future, does it mean they will be willing to sit back, and accept it?

Perhaps, the reason they started the fight, was because it was something that they have foreseen that was necessary for the future THEY WISH FOR.

You all say they might turn out to be the ultimate evil...perhaps.

but if ultimate evil is to take care of an alien infant who "loved" them, then to call out to other intelligence species, give a few SUPER weapons, leave a few notes and leave the house fully stock ready for the next group to drop by....well....i wish all ultimate HUMAN evil acted like that.

we dunno what there motives are, we don't even know if the Gold Tribe act as ONE, or also have individual agenda.

after all only THREE gold tribe member responded to the call of the iron Tribe, and took care or AGE.

It could well be these, three change their mind about who the "favourite" to succeed them (i.e. give all the power to the silver tribe? favoured or what?)

maybe their care of AGE gave these three Gold Tribe members to take pity on the Iron Tribe and they attempt to give them a fighting chance against the others unanimous decision.

perhaps this sudden change has now disrupted the possible future they planned for, and this war is the result?

who knows.

we just have to watch and see.
Are suggesting that there might have been a seperate faction within the Golden Tribe its self? Its not unthinkable that not all of the gold tribe agreed on what to do about the future. For example...............

Faction A. The future shows this it can not be changed leave the lesser tribes to their fate and we shall move on to another Universe.

Faction B: Seeing the Future gives a an opperunity to change it. Lets leave hints for the other races to possible overcome whats coming the future, we will give them a push by giving them the Nodos and a path to follow what they do after that is up to them.

4 to the silver tribe
the strongest the Iron tribe to even things out
Old 2007-05-31, 16:39   Link #603
Azure King
Snr Spammer

wow, just finish seeing epi 9, talk about pwned.. bellcross rules, this will be one of my fav anime for along time

Spoiler for one question:

Last edited by Azure King; 2007-05-31 at 16:51.
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 17:48   Link #604
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
Spoiler for one question:
I don't think we're supposed to know yet, we could find out next or future episode --- 'cause like you said, its hard to tell. We also don't know what limits there body can take.

Episode 09 was a great episode, one of the best upto now. The amount of RAWR action is just what i've wanted, and it opens up my eyes to more in the future. Also, ending of this episode has to be one of the best i've ever seen. It was short and sweet, nothing else was needed --- because you know that'll come next episode. Very beautiful, and nicely done.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-05-31 at 18:10. Reason: Added more~
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 18:54   Link #605
Winchester

Coolest scene of the episode:

Spoiler:

Too much of a headache tonight for deeper analysis.

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 19:13   Link #606
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
Coolest scene of the episode:

Spoiler:

Too much of a headache tonight for deeper analysis.

SP
I have to give that Dive a 5.0

A bit too much splash
Old 2007-05-31, 19:24   Link #607
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I have to give that Dive a 5.0

A bit too much splash
First paint, now water --- whats next for dear Age?
Old 2007-05-31, 21:33   Link #608
Archmagination2002

I had to laugh at the very end of Your-Moms subbed version.. the editor/translator left a note complaining that he needed to see Deianera's breasts since she was nude under those blankets, tightly wrapped in them and masturbating!!(Where did he get that part from?)
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 03:45   Link #609
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

In all honesty i don't know whether i am happy about the way Iolaus character developed - his concern towards Age has gone trough the roof and then some. While that is not bad in itself, it has happened way too suddenly, especially considering that Age is his supposed "love rival".

I would like to believe the other nodos is dead. Too much angst flying around if he is simply out cold.

... so, we can assume that the Hime has fallen for Age ?
Old 2007-06-01, 04:32   Link #610
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
In all honesty i don't know whether i am happy about the way Iolaus character developed - his concern towards Age has gone trough the roof and then some. While that is not bad in itself, it has happened way too suddenly, especially considering that Age is his supposed "love rival".

I would like to believe the other nodos is dead. Too much angst flying around if he is simply out cold.

Well i guess hime-sama can't fall for anyone else but Age, cause Age is pure of heart and any male not pure of heart goes near miss hime-sama, she cracks a fit or something like that
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 04:51   Link #611
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
Well i guess hime-sama can't fall for anyone else but Age, cause Age is pure of heart and any male not pure of heart goes near miss hime-sama, she cracks a fit or something like that
But what will happen when she depurifys his heart
Old 2007-06-01, 05:36   Link #612
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well, the change in demeanor is debatable - I mean, sure, at the beginning it's a mini-feud concerning the princess' attention but as of lately, I've been wondering whether the romantic aspect of the triangle was still the crux of the problem. After the battle on Titarros where Iolaus had a better insight of Age's character, I wonder if this time he didn't finally come to the conclusion that the 'Monkey' is truly an innocent simpleton that cannot be blamed and there is nothing to be jealous about. I'm not sure the pseudo-romantic triangle has come to an end. Rather, it's another topic being addressed.

In the latest episodes it seemed to me that Iolaus was embarrassed by owing Age several life debts, especially since he's, as aforementioned, a simpleton that is fighting for a war whose roots and implications dwell way over his head. When Iolaus got saved the first time, it seemed he was seething with the fact that he had to be fished out of the hot seat by the one he sort of despised - but then after that it felt as if he was disturbed by the fact that an immature teen, who has seen nothing of Humanity's plight, has to fight and put himself in harm's way that recklessly.

Moreover, the last two-three episodes had Age being left behind, like some sort of sacrifice - I guess that the loyal and courageous Iolaus didn't like leaving a comrade behind since it not only goes against his feeling of fair-play, his knowledge that Humanity (and the princess) needs Age and that he has still not repaid him for the times the Argonaut was saved. I surmise he thinks leaving Age behind is a cowardly act that goes against his oaths as a knight and he wishes to correct that outrageous decision, both to save Humanity's Nodoss and perhaps to appease his guilt/resentment/debt.
Quote:
Well, it's also debatable although I tend to lean towards the assumption that Karkinos is indeed dead and awaiting the last sacraments. Yuti did say 'It's cruel, Karkinos' when he was lying on his deathbed, which makes me think she resented the painful way her fellow Nodoss died. However, when Karkinos was still in space with Mehitaka, his body was healing...so I feel like dancing from one feet to another. If he was truly dead, where was the point in making that scene where his wounds were regenerating?

Also, I'd like to know if it's possible to extract the Nodoss stone and bury it inside someone else...although my inner voice tells me that the knowledge to embed it within someone else probably died with the Golden Tribe's behavior.
Quote:
Well, that's an interesting question but I'm not sure she is truly in love with Age. Right now, I'm more of the opinion that she greatly cares about him because he's a symbol of things she might have deemed lost or greatly endangered: innocence. Being thrust at the throne and forced to deal with extremely worrisome matters from a young age already, I guess she didn't have much time to enjoy her youth as some people should have - especially when it's mentioned that she has quite egotistical, authoritative siblings.

I suppose she sees in Age someone with which she can truly be herself and not worry about the world around, despite the contractor-contractee relationship they officially share. Add to that the fact that she makes other people faint when she touches them (with a strong mental backlash to boot), I believe that Age is like a godsend to her - someone she can spend time with without facing adverse consequences and someone she can be somebody else aside from a princess to. Just Deianeira, not Hime-sama.

Other than that, I'm somewhat worried that this weekend's episode might be...a recap. I don't have any summaries in handy to confirm this assumption, but the next episode narrative in ep9 and the title 'Lonely Hero' have me biting my nails in apprehension. They both bear the hardly-enticing signs of a recap...
...Unless, hopefully, they fast-forward to the future and skip a possible seaside trip episode where everyone (in swimsuits, of course) can be seen reclining on the beach...and they switch to scenes where Age has been fully integrated to Humanity's armed forces and acts as frontline unit for the interstellar battles.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-06-01 at 16:22.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 09:35   Link #613
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Hahaha...

^ click to find out more
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 10:33   Link #614
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
episode 09 = pure win.

also, interesting to see the scene of the Princess deep in telepathic sleep.

weeping to herself, and in the avatar of a child.

Then suddenly the shadow of bellacross showing up, to figuratively comfort her with a "hug"

very symbolic, and something i think tells us of the princess deep subconscious mind.

and yes. i give the orbital to ocean dive: 6.2

beautiful form, just too much splash....
Old 2007-06-01, 10:36   Link #615
ipernorris

ANyway I don't understand why they keep calling the planets stars and what in the hell is a starway... a path through various stars? What's so secret about a group of stars? They're the most visible astral bodies of the universe after all.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 11:26   Link #616
DieH@rd

Episode 9 = OMFG. Very cool, very easy going... Music was awesome as usual.

/ipernorris

Starway is a fixed path trough hyperspace. Pathway to the Human Collonies is hidded so the Silver bastards cant find them...

And the planet/stars thingy... Who knows. I think I recall that someone mentioned that japenese word that is used in EP1 [deianeira into voiceover] can be transladed at both Star and a Planet [and also as "Object in Space"]... Who knows, YM chosed "star" and they are sticking to it...

Damn, I miss Deianeira opening voiceovers with galaxy view, and golden race...

^ click to find out more
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 12:01   Link #617
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post

Then you will have a not so pure hearted Age with a Princess in Coma Now where did i see plot before *starts rummaging through hentai collection
Old 2007-06-01, 13:43   Link #618
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieH@rd
Starway is a fixed path trough hyperspace. Pathway to the Human Collonies is hidded so the Silver bastards cant find them...
Where did you find that definition?

Quote:
And the planet/stars thingy... Who knows. I think I recall that someone mentioned that japenese word that is used in EP1 [deianeira into voiceover] can be transladed at both Star and a Planet [and also as "Object in Space"]... Who knows, YM chosed "star" and they are sticking to it...

Damn, I miss Deianeira opening voiceovers with galaxy view, and golden race...
The thing referred to as star in the show are clearly planets anyway so I really don't understand why they call them stars. It's not a big problem anyway, it sounds just strange.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 17:49   Link #619
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I don't know if it's different kanji or just a figure of speech, but I've heard (in a number of different shows, not just this one) dialogue or narration use "hoshi" for both planets and stars (although there's a specific word that just means "planet").
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 20:23   Link #620
LynnieS

"Planet" would be "wakusei". "Star", like Earth's sun, should be "kousei". I believe that "hoshi" is a generic astronomical term. But not particularly important to an anime.

I'd like to know about DieH@rd's definition source also. Sounds interesting.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction