AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-12, 22:33   Link #1081
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Spoiler for about yuti's contract:
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 22:33   Link #1082
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
@hipeach
That's an assumption made by the Silver race, and I can not treat that as fact

the golden race that Age knows portrays an opposite image, telling the races to get along together and achieve prosperity

@grey moon

ah, but the contents of the contract is NOT determined by the Golden tribe. They only gave the knowledge on HOW to make contracts but not dictate what is in it. The contents depend on the contracted tribe.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 22:45   Link #1083
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
@grey moon

ah, but the contents of the contract is NOT determined by the Golden tribe. They only gave the knowledge on HOW to make contracts but not dictate what is in it. The contents depend on the contracted tribe.
How does that explain how the other nodos are contracted? I have a uber powerful being I can control via a contract, I know I'll sign it over to someone else!
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 22:48   Link #1084
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
5 Nodos were originally given to 5 different tribes. The Silvers conquered 3 out of 5 in addition of having one of their own.

Mehitaka and the others were defeated and forged a new contract with the Silvers for their own reasons. Mehitaka did that to save his tribe from destruction. I don't know what the others reasons are.

Mehitaka offered to make a new one with the Iron tribe, but DNA-ra refused
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 01:02   Link #1085
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
5 Nodos were originally given to 5 different tribes. The Silvers conquered 3 out of 5 in addition of having one of their own.

Mehitaka and the others were defeated and forged a new contract with the Silvers for their own reasons. Mehitaka did that to save his tribe from destruction. I don't know what the others reasons are.

Mehitaka offered to make a new one with the Iron tribe, but DNA-ra refused
Hmm if that is the case, I guess I can't blame the gold tribe too much apart from what about their powers to foresee the future? So even if they didn't specify the contents of each contract they still set in motion events that they should be able to foresee would cause an uncountable amount of deaths. Therefore they are still the bastards of the universe.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 01:29   Link #1086
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
Again you are twisting the facts. The Silvers doesn't care whether the Titarus people disobey them or not, they sent in Bronze for the humans and Nodoss, and once they left, they couldn't care less whether the Titarus people are disobeying them or claim independence or whatever.
No it's you who are forgetting things. The Silvers ordered Titarros to seize the Argonaut, but they refused so the Silvers sent the bugs battleships in order to destroy the planet. They didn't doubt about that decision a single istant, not to mention a remark made by Yuti who stated that the people of Titarros were useless because they didn't even receive the call of the Gold Tribe.

Quote:
Again you have to keep in mind that this is anime and it's hard to define "genocide crime" in Heroic Age. They are complete aliens to each other. Humans killing hordes of locusts to protect their crops is never considered a genocide crime. And I think it's briefly mentioned that humans, during expansion into the universe, have destroyed many planets native life. So you can say humans have commited many genocide crimes already, albeit for the humans, those indigenous life may be just some bugs to be wiped out. Of course as far as we know, in the anime, the King of genocide crimes is the Hero Tribe
In which episode is this stated? I don't remember hearing that humans went to different planets destroying the local life. Anyway the Heroic Tribe can be called a tribe hardly: they were essentially over-powered berserk beings who kept fighting each other, destroying each other taking along planets with them.

Quote:
LOL you should take those craps yourself Maybe you should re-watch the anime from episode 2 again and actually look at the facts The human nodoss have
It's the same for you, because you totally changed the Titarros arc to your tastes, in order to make it suit your idea that the Silvers are the good guys.

Quote:
contracts like beating the crap out of the Bronze and Silver homeworlds, and taking the Goldies power for themselves to rule the whole universe. And as the anime has already stated many times, for any race, seeking prosperity is the most logical thing to do, who don't want the fucking power? so actually taking Goldies power and rule the universe are the logical contracts, but humans have obviously wasted two other contracts with the meaningless "taking the Bronze and Silver homeworlds" because of emotions.
Who wants the fucking power? Dude the Silvers commited genocides in order to obtain it and you are asking that question? Are you really watching this show?
They don't want no-one other than themselves to obtain the Gold's powers and they're willing to do anything to reach that purpose: they're power-hungry as much as the humans. If the reason is logic or feelings is irrelevant: but fanboys would try anything in order to defend their beloved Silvers!

Quote:
Imagine when they arrive at Silver homeworld and find not a single Silver warship, and after landing only found Promei sitting there, saying "Hi, welcome, and bye-bye" and jump right away, now that'd be hilarious
Not a single warship?
Spoiler for episode 19:


Quote:
ONLY wanting power does indeed shows that the Silvers are all LOGIC, instead of humans full of emotions for meaningless revenge
As I said above the reasons are irrelevant: a genocide is still a genocide. Don't try to grasp on mirrors.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
Currently the Goldies are definitely protrayed as the biggest bastard who play around with the other races while leaving the universe in a mess. Well, maybe they'll pull a Paul/Leto II Atreides aka. Dune style (who started a jihad killing billions, and then enslaved the whole human race for thousands years, all for the sake of humanity's survival), revealing later that the Goldies manipulated the galactic war for the sake of the races survival and prosperity, but they are definitely the hands behind the whole mess.
It isn't enough to predict the future: you have to make those predictions happen: you don't know the outcome of this conflict. Perhaps it's necessary in order to make the various Tribes understand each-other and make them co-exist into the same universe. You're making your own speculations into facts... well that's typical of fanboys so I'm not surprised.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 02:26   Link #1087
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Spoiler for episode 19:
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 02:47   Link #1088
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Spoiler for episode 19:
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 03:40   Link #1089
hipeach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
No it's you who are forgetting things. The Silvers ordered Titarros to seize the Argonaut, but they refused so the Silvers sent the bugs battleships in order to destroy the planet. They didn't doubt about that decision a single istant, not to mention a remark made by Yuti who stated that the people of Titarros were useless because they didn't even receive the call of the Gold Tribe.
And what am I forgetting? You are saying exactly what I have stated before. The Silvers only bothered to send the Bronze to Titarus because of the humans and Nodoss there, and after they left, and Titarus declare independence from Silvers, they didn't bother to do anything to Titarus defiance, they just deem that meaningless.

Quote:
In which episode is this stated? I don't remember hearing that humans went to different planets destroying the local life. Anyway the Heroic Tribe can be called a tribe hardly: they were essentially over-powered berserk beings who kept fighting each other, destroying each other taking along planets with them.
Hero Tribe is a Tribe, that what the anime says, and they are the King of your "genocide crimes", period.

Quote:
It's the same for you, because you totally changed the Titarros arc to your tastes, in order to make it suit your idea that the Silvers are the good guys.
I never said anything about Silvers being the good guys. And I didn't change anything about the Titarus arc, it's you who twisted facts. The Titarus arc perfectly showed that the Silvers don't do any meaningless thing out of emotions. You are just too biased to see it properly

Quote:
Who wants the fucking power? Dude the Silvers commited genocides in order to obtain it and you are asking that question? Are you really watching this show?
They don't want no-one other than themselves to obtain the Gold's powers and they're willing to do anything to reach that purpose: they're power-hungry as much as the humans. If the reason is logic or feelings is irrelevant: but fanboys would try anything in order to defend their beloved Silvers!
LOL you should better check your eyesights, or you now starts to twist others' posts, not a good sign for you I said "who don't want the fucking power?" And the reason for wanting power is not my point neither, wanting power is fine and normal, but the humans' feelings drive them to do other useless things. You should try actually read my post before pouring out your blind flaming around

Quote:
Not a single warship?
Spoiler for episode 19:
Seems someone just lacks some basic sense of humor

Quote:
As I said above the reasons are irrelevant: a genocide is still a genocide. Don't try to grasp on mirrors.
Seems you can't realize the difference between reality and anime, then by Godwin's Law, you already lose the argument


Quote:
It isn't enough to predict the future: you have to make those predictions happen: you don't know the outcome of this conflict. Perhaps it's necessary in order to make the various Tribes understand each-other and make them co-exist into the same universe. You're making your own speculations into facts... well that's typical of fanboys so I'm not surprised.
Heh, at least Promei and Deionarra knows more than you. And you should really read others posts more carefully, since you are basically repeating my posts, that doesn't help your argument against them Also you should really watch the anime instead of dreaming in your own world, since it's clearly portrayed that the Goldies simply forsee the future, and yes they indeed make the future happen as what they have forsaw, them giving Nodoss to humans is indeed the cause of the destruction of Jupiter and Deionarra rising to power like what they already knew about the future.

And again by the Golden Rule of online forums, when you start calling others fanboys and resort to flaming, that shows you lose the argument already
__________________
"i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 04:15   Link #1090
hipeach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
the golden race that Age knows portrays an opposite image, telling the races to get along together and achieve prosperity
really, I don't see telling Age to beat the crap out of the other four of his own kind on sight with no reason needed is anywhere close to "get along together". At least that's what's Age said when Karkinos tried to avoid damaging Titarus and have a negotiation first, and Age's reaction is "fathers told me to just beat up anyone like you so no talk".

IMHO, the most frustrating thing about all the Tribes (Silver, Iron, whatever else) is their blind fanatical belief in the Goldies prophecies. Even when Promei and Deionarra starts to doubt the Goldies intentions, they still somehow for no reason decide to believe in the Goldies despite such a mess they have left the Tribes in. I'm starting to wonder if the Hero Tribe's catastrohpic battle which was against Goldies will was really a bad thing or actually for some good reason.
__________________
"i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 05:00   Link #1091
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
And what am I forgetting? You are saying exactly what I have stated before. The Silvers only bothered to send the Bronze to Titarus because of the humans and Nodoss there, and after they left, and Titarus declare independence from Silvers, they didn't bother to do anything to Titarus defiance, they just deem that meaningless.
Yes but they were going to destroy Titarros, that's the important fact you miss. They criticize the Iron Tribe to destroy planets, while they do the exact same thing. It's obvious that they didn't do it because they thought it was meaningless, even because there aren't so many planets around and there is no one that builds them anymore. I hope I'm clear now: I don't have time to spell obvious things to you.

Quote:
Hero Tribe is a Tribe, that what the anime says, and they are the King of your "genocide crimes", period.
Where did I say they weren't a Tribe? I only said they're hardly a Tribe because they destroyed themselves and thousands of planets along with them and so they don't seek prosperity. Is this clear now dude?

Quote:
I never said anything about Silvers being the good guys. And I didn't change anything about the Titarus arc, it's you who twisted facts. The Titarus arc perfectly showed that the Silvers don't do any meaningless thing out of emotions. You are just too biased to see it properly
In fact this wasn't my point, but perhaps it's too hard to catch that for you.

Quote:
LOL you should better check your eyesights, or you now starts to twist others' posts, not a good sign for you I said "who don't want the fucking power?" And the reason for wanting power is not my point neither, wanting power is fine and normal, but the humans' feelings drive them to do other useless things. You should try actually read my post before pouring out your blind flaming around
Ok I mis-read that one... are you happy now? To make such a long statement over an error is pathetic: don't you have better arguments to reply me?

Quote:
Seems you can't realize the difference between reality and anime, then by Godwin's Law, you already lose the argument
For me genocide is a bad thing in anime and in real world: if for you it's different than it's your own business I couldn't care less about.

Quote:
Heh, at least Promei and Deionarra knows more than you. And you should really read others posts more carefully, since you are basically repeating my posts, that doesn't help your argument against them Also you should really watch the anime instead of dreaming in your own world, since it's clearly portrayed that the Goldies simply forsee the future, and yes they indeed make the future happen as what they have forsaw, them giving Nodoss to humans is indeed the cause of the destruction of Jupiter and Deionarra rising to power like what they already knew about the future.
Talking about reading my posts: you keep replying my posts pointing out things I didn't even argued about, like the Titarros thing. I said the Silvers were going to destroy Titarros and they didn't do it only for a coincidence and, after Argonaut left, they left the planet alone only because there aren't that many planet around and it was a terminal one. You reply me that the Silvers don't do meaningless things: who said the contrary? Read better other's posts, instead of pointing out that to me.
And Jupiter wasn't destroyed because of Bellcross: it was destroyed because the Silvers' ships shielded the flames making them come back to the Jupiter and so making it exploding. Go watch the earlier episodes dude, you are really confused.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 05:28   Link #1092
hipeach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Yes but they were going to destroy Titarros, that's the important fact you miss. They criticize the Iron Tribe to destroy planets, while they do the exact same thing. It's obvious that they didn't do it because they thought it was meaningless, even because there aren't so many planets around and there is no one that builds them anymore. I hope I'm clear now: I don't have time to spell obvious things to you.
And I said it was clearly told that they didn't destroy Titarus after the humans and Nodoss left not because there are not many planets or whatever, they have clearly said that. They just couldn't care less about Titarus, terminal planet or not, independent or whatever, once the humans and nodoss left. You really need to go re-watch that episode, since you obviously didn't understand that part at all

Quote:
In fact this wasn't my point, but perhaps it's too hard to catch that for you.
In fact that was my point and you have vehemently argued against it for the past half a dozen posts. Then now you suddenly turn around and chicken out? Maybe you should look back and see what I have written in my original post and see what I have originally said about Titarus and how you suddenly burst out against my post, and now you say that's not your point? Then I guess what you said about Titarus in reply to my original post was totally non-sense and irrelevant. Maybe it's too hard for you to catch your own mind

Quote:
Ok I mis-read that one... are you happy now? To make such a long statement over an error is pathetic: don't you have better arguments to reply me?
Making such an error is pathetic, and you are obviously even pathetic enough to try to insult others when you are in the wrong. And there are quite a lot "long" statements in my previous post other than that "such a long statement" for you, and you have obviously seen them and are replying to them, and now you are asking this? Quite a good argument... not

Quote:
For me genocide is a bad thing in anime and in real world: if for you it's different than it's your own business I couldn't care less about.
Except in Heroic Age, our definition of genocide doesn't work. We don't have wars against complete aliens in our world. Like I said before, humans killing locusts is not considered a genocide crime. So there's no telling whether Silvers kill humans or humans killing Bronze in the anime can count as genocide as what we now know of the word in real world.

Quote:
Talking about reading my posts: you keep replying my posts pointing out things I didn't even argued about, like the Titarros thing. I said the Silvers were going to destroy Titarros and they didn't do it only for a coincidence and, after Argonaut left, they left the planet alone only because there aren't that many planet around and it was a terminal one. You reply me that the Silvers don't do meaningless things: who said the contrary? Read better other's posts, instead of pointing out that to me.
And Jupiter wasn't destroyed because of Bellcross: it was destroyed because the Silvers' ships shielded the flames making them come back to the Jupiter and so making it exploding. Go watch the earlier episodes dude, you are really confused.
Nope, you need to go re-watch the episode, it's clearly stated that the Silvers didn't care about the terminal planets, they just don't find it necessary to do anything about it, that has nothing to do with it being a terminal planet or not. So what you said about Titarus was wrong. You really need to both watch the anime and read others posts better.

And you need to check the meaning of "because". I never said Bellcross destroyed Jupiter anyway. And "causing something to happen" is far different from "directly doing something". Seems you need to re-learn your English now
__________________
"i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"

Last edited by hipeach; 2007-08-13 at 06:08.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 06:21   Link #1093
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Why don't you to just agree to disagree. its bovious your not going to change each others minds and arguing back and forth will just leave bad blood.

Just accept your both of differing views and move on and enjoy the show for what ir is, a work of fantasy
__________________
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 10:04   Link #1094
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
And I said it was clearly told that they didn't destroy Titarus after the humans and Nodoss left not because there are not many planets or whatever, they have clearly said that. They just couldn't care less about Titarus, terminal planet or not, independent or whatever, once the humans and nodoss left. You really need to go re-watch that episode, since you obviously didn't understand that part at all
Oh really?



I throw your words at you: go watch the earlier episodes again before being cocky, because for now you only appeared to be a fool.

Quote:
Making such an error is pathetic, and you are obviously even pathetic enough to try to insult others when you are in the wrong. And there are quite a lot "long" statements in my previous post other than that "such a long statement" for you, and you have obviously seen them and are replying to them, and now you are asking this? Quite a good argument... not
Perhaps I'm pathetic, but at least I pay attention to detail of a show and don't twist facts with crappy imagination like you do.

Quote:
Except in Heroic Age, our definition of genocide doesn't work. We don't have wars against complete aliens in our world. Like I said before, humans killing locusts is not considered a genocide crime. So there's no telling whether Silvers kill humans or humans killing Bronze in the anime can count as genocide as what we now know of the word in real world.
It doesn't work? LOL it doesn't work so much that Deianeira stopped Iron Tribe forces in episode 18 saying it WAS a genocide. Where were you while Deianeira was saying this? Get up from the bed dude.

Quote:
Nope, you need to go re-watch the episode, it's clearly stated that the Silvers didn't care about the terminal planets, they just don't find it necessary to do anything about it, that has nothing to do with it being a terminal planet or not. So what you said about Titarus was wrong. You really need to both watch the anime and read others posts better.
Like above... don't play the cocky guy while you can't even remember what is said in the episodes, because you only appear as a fool.

Quote:
And you need to check the meaning of "because". I never said Bellcross destroyed Jupiter anyway. And "causing something to happen" is far different from "directly doing something". Seems you need to re-learn your English now
Don't concern about my English, concern about your own: it's your duty to specify that you meant the indirect cause, not mine imagine what the hell you're meaning.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 23:50   Link #1095
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Spoiler for thoughts about epi 19:
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 23:54   Link #1096
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Spoiler for Episode 19 grumblings:


Regardless, it was a great episode from a great series.
__________________

The certainty of your existence is proven by the fact that you doubt you exist,
for you cannot doubt that you are doubting; Cogito, ergo sum.
EphemeralDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 02:54   Link #1097
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Anyway guys where are the galaxies in this anime? I mean I saw them in the sphere thing which rappresented the universe, but then they talk only about "hoshi"... ok stars and planets. It's not that the Golds just went on a different galaxy, is it?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 08:06   Link #1098
DieH@rd
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Serbia
Does anyone know, how long will this anime lasts??? Even 26 episodes is little, 'cos Age has a bunch of contracts to fullfill...


Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
Spoiler for Episode 19 grumblings:


Regardless, it was a great episode from a great series.
Cerberus was in the opening title song, form the beginning og the show. Few seconds before the end you can see all 4 nodos attacking Bellcross.



/ipernorris
IMO, they moved on into another universe/plane of existence.
__________________
|

^ click to find out more
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 08:21   Link #1099
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieH@rd View Post
/ipernorris
IMO, they moved on into another universe/plane of existence.
Yes I know it's said they moved to a different universe, but this show has named stars and planets "hoshi" like they were the same, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just went to another galaxy. I don't even understand the reason they moved, perhaps it will be explained before the end.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 09:53   Link #1100
hipeach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I throw your words at you: go watch the earlier episodes again before being cocky, because for now you only appeared to be a fool.
Oh it seems you have some selective blindness, or you appear to not watching anything that deviates from your imaginations So you intentionally quoted Lekti's guess about the Silvers but not Yuti's own statement five seconds later. Really brilliant, do you even know who is of the Silver race? Lekti? Or Yuti?

Quote:
Perhaps I'm pathetic, but at least I pay attention to detail of a show and don't twist facts with crappy imagination like you do.
Oh, so the scenes you have selectively quoted are the "detail of the show", and the scenes five seconds later are "crappy imagination". Yeah, you are indeed really pathetic

Quote:
It doesn't work? LOL it doesn't work so much that Deianeira stopped Iron Tribe forces in episode 18 saying it WAS a genocide. Where were you while Deianeira was saying this? Get up from the bed dude.
LOL where do you see Deionarra say "genocide"? Do you even know the Japanese for "genocide"? I'm very sure Deionarra didn't say "genocide" at all

Quote:
Like above... don't play the cocky guy while you can't even remember what is said in the episodes, because you only appear as a fool.
LOL, so much for your selective blindness, I guess you just can't help but see others as "a fool" because of your own illness of selective blindness.

Quote:
Don't concern about my English, concern about your own: it's your duty to specify that you meant the indirect cause, not mine imagine what the hell you're meaning.
LOL, you really should re-learn English first, epsecially the meaning of "cause", you should indeed really not imagine others saying "causing sth." into "doing sth."

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Spoiler for about yuti's contract:
After checking the episode again, I'm pretty sure none of the contracts of the Silver nodosses has anything to do with wiping out any race at all
Spoiler:
__________________
"i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.