AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-03, 01:00   Link #1181
WaffleZ
Hylian Blademaster
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Shiro probably wants to put her life in order first, before thinking about love. Her previous growth is becoming aware of feelings, and using them to help herself instead of rejecting them.
Idk, Shiro has to struggle with the fact that she's never dated because of the way she's been raised, so love (or rather lack thereof) is obviously a large problem to sort out in her life. I think she's struggling to cope with her thoughts about Aoki, because she's developing a sense of some attachment to him, but can't really accept those feelings because Aoki is so naive that it kind of clashes with her principles. Therefore, she feels conflicted inside.

Also, we can see with the whole symbolism about the warmth in a man's hands that Shiro is starting to take an interest in inter-personal relationships. Albeit in a creepy way (Let me touch your hand.), the development is still there.
WaffleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 12:46   Link #1182
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleZ View Post
I think she's struggling to cope with her thoughts about Aoki, because she's developing a sense of some attachment to him, but can't really accept those feelings because Aoki is so naive that it kind of clashes with her principles. Therefore, she feels conflicted inside.
Agreed... futhermore, that inner conflict about Aoki doesn't help in deny that attachment. The more she denies it, the more she feels attracted to him (and to the world he represents: kind, caring, warming, etc).

Quote:
Also, we can see with the whole symbolism about the warmth in a man's hands that Shiro is starting to take an interest in inter-personal relationships. Albeit in a creepy way (Let me touch your hand.), the development is still there.
I think that Oyajima sensei fell for her...

For my personal taste (putting Rin aside for a bit), i would like to see ShiroXAoki and HouinXOyajima
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 14:10   Link #1183
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Agreed... futhermore, that inner conflict about Aoki doesn't help in deny that attachment. The more she denies it, the more she feels attracted to him (and to the world he represents: kind, caring, warming, etc).


I think that Oyajima sensei fell for her...
Isn't he married?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 14:12   Link #1184
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
AFAIK, no...
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:08   Link #1185
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I think that Oyajima sensei fell for her...
he has a thing for shiro, in one of the latest chapters he was flirting with Houin-sensei and as always Shiro doesn't approve of those things at work and he was trying to deny it in a hurry. She didn't actually said anything, just gave him the look that she used to give Aoki.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:48   Link #1186
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Don't forget: It was him who figured out that Shiro had 0 dating experience. Who did you think the image of Shiro as a grade school kid came from?
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 19:15   Link #1187
Linksmash
Legendary Link Player
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 26
I dont believe it ever says he's married, but he does have a daughter.
__________________
#1 Ranked Link Player in the World. Guess who I really am for a prize.
Linksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 19:57   Link #1188
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
A daughter???
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 22:08   Link #1189
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
A daughter???
I have to look back on that chapter but I yea he did say he has a daughter but nothing about his wife so for all we know he could a single parent or even divorced.

However I would hold that with a grain of salt until other wise.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 03:56   Link #1190
Linksmash
Legendary Link Player
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 26
What an amazing chapter ch 50 was, definately what I was hoping for as far as the story development, with some unexpected turns of course.

Spoiler for Kodom No Jikan Ch 50:


Regardless, very excellent chapter, with a lot of solidity in the character developments of Aoki and Rin, and plenty of new questions raised to look foreward to in the next chapter.
__________________
#1 Ranked Link Player in the World. Guess who I really am for a prize.
Linksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 06:15   Link #1191
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Spoiler for events:


The wait continues.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-06-23 at 07:07.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:50   Link #1192
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksmash View Post
What an amazing chapter ch 50 was, definately what I was hoping for as far as the story development, with some unexpected turns of course.

Spoiler for Kodom No Jikan Ch 50:

that is not the first time she has done it. She just had other things on her mind at the time and couldn't concentrate. She wanted to give the Gift to Aoki really bad, more than doing that. She most likely would be able to do it after she got back.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-06-23 at 17:07.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 17:03   Link #1193
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Spoiler for events:


The wait continues.
Its not really too far fetched as I myself have been known for not even noticing being cut or injured and bleeding because of it a great many times with a few of them being pretty serious ...I guess it can differ from person to person.

Interesting chapter though that continued to show the mangaka has no intention of ever pulling her punches...It was nice to see the two of them come to an agreement about Reji and I'm hoping that this will help be a turn for the better in his character development.

With that said I don't have to foggiest where this bit between him and Usa is going to lead to next chapter...Something to look forward to I suppose.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 17:11   Link #1194
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Remember the link between Reiji and Mimi: family issues, go back to the episode when Rin is sick and Mimi "calmed down" her, read the chat between Reiji and Mimi, i'm sure that he has no intention on hurt Mimi.

I think that this could be a way to closer the relationship between Reiji and Mimi.

Argh... i really wanted that Shiro chan fell for Aoki , her collarbones are f*ckin hot!.

Great chapter.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 21:29   Link #1195
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Still, assuming Reiji takes her to the gents, a stranger sees a man helping to clean up an underaged girl. He would either dismiss the whole thing, or be a busybody and call the cops. For plot purposes, which one is likely to occur?
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 21:48   Link #1196
NaweG
Just some guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 52
^ And then Aoki would have to decide if he meant what he promised Rin about having to help save Reiji even when he could look the other way and get his heart's desire.

Yeah, I could see that being a REALLY interesting plot twist.
__________________
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 22:07   Link #1197
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Still, assuming Reiji takes her to the gents, a stranger sees a man helping to clean up an underaged girl. He would either dismiss the whole thing, or be a busybody and call the cops. For plot purposes, which one is likely to occur?
There is Mimi's version too, clearly she will not say something like Reiji was hurting her by any means, plus she can said that she knows him.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 22:11   Link #1198
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Still, a visit to the station is probably in the works, and if Rin and Aoki gets thrown into the mix, there are more cans of worms waiting to be opened. In the heat of the moment, there's no telling if Aoki would say something inappropriate to add to Reiji's suspicions.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 21:44   Link #1199
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
I'm more akin to feel that Reiji is most likely going to clean Mimi up a bit and then give her the whole "ms. fellow" talk and take her home.

Reiji isn't a bad person by any means just a little grief stricken and emo...
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 22:13   Link #1200
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
My personal misgivings aside, Reiji better pray for non-busybodies to see him and Mimi together. It doesn't take much misunderstanding to get him into the police station for talk over some tea/coffee.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.