AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 01 & 02
Perfect 10 113 42.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 20.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 49 18.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 9.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 4.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.87%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-15, 13:32   Link #41
Rahan

There is also a ninja guide at the end, lasting around 45 in which Naruto presents the 5 Hokage before the preview. It last longer than Bleach old Shinigami's guide (45 seconds for Naruto). Don't think there will be as many of those Bleach had of Shinigami guide.

Can't wait for the Shinobi Cup though.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 13:35   Link #42
Rurik
Golden

People, Please remember that any Manga Information that is beyond what this chapter has shown is prohibited even in spoiler tags, that’s include if the spoiler was made as a Question. as I have identified a case in this thread.
Old 2007-02-15, 13:54   Link #43
SinsI

I wonder why they put white borders on top and bottom in the OP.
Hiding something?
Or maybe they are going to surprise us with a super-cool karaoke.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 14:18   Link #44
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
People, Please remember that any Manga Information that is beyond what this chapter has shown is prohibited even in spoiler tags, thatís include if the spoiler was made as a Question. as I have identified a case in this thread.
I agree with my bro on this one. Mess with Rurik, and you mess with his whole family!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 14:20   Link #45
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I wonder why they put white borders on top and bottom in the OP.
Hiding something?
Or maybe they are going to surprise us with a super-cool karaoke.
It's just to emulate the 16/9 format, I guess.
No Boy, no Cry (OP6) had red borders.

One Piece switched to Widescreen format a few years ago, I believe. I wonder why Bleach and Naruto didn't. Now was the time for Naruto.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:22   Link #46
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
It's just to emulate the 16/9 format, I guess.
No Boy, no Cry (OP6) had red borders.

One Piece switched to Widescreen format a few years ago, I believe. I wonder why Bleach and Naruto didn't. Now was the time for Naruto.
Wait....is Naruto now in 16:9 format? Or are the bars burned in? Widescreen would be sweeeeet.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:27   Link #47
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The intro was in widescreen, the rest of the episode wasn't.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 14:28   Link #48
Rahan

No it's not. The borders are drawn. It's exactly the same as the 6th opening, except the borders are white and not red.
Old 2007-02-15, 14:43   Link #49
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
No it's not. The borders are drawn. It's exactly the same as the 6th opening, except the borders are white and not red.
Does it give the impression of a widescreen effect?

a) Yes
b) No
c) I don't know
Old 2007-02-15, 14:56   Link #50
Rahan

C). There is the widescreen effect, but when I see those large white borders, I think "wow it sucks, they managed to make the picture even smaller", not "wow, widescreen rules".

For the pre-opening, the borders are black. It's much much better. You have the widescreen without noticing the picture doesn't fit the screen.
Old 2007-02-15, 15:21   Link #51
Ero-Senn1n

OMG!
I just watched the beginning of the episode, it is back to being one of the best anime series.
How cool it would be if there was only one episode in 2 weeks, the fillers were killing the series. The anime team would not catch up to the manga and they would have 2 weeks to make every episode with quality like this.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 15:24   Link #52
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Some more screenshot from this episode:

Old 2007-02-15, 15:27   Link #53
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So the actual storyline is finally back on track? Well this was certainly an\ nostalgic feeling. Not to mention, the animators really didn't pull any stops when it came to the presentation. Let's see it they can keep it up without actually killing the series again (fillers have done that much damage you know).
Old 2007-02-15, 16:02   Link #54
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

I would of been happy if they kept to the actual manga storyline in chronological order, instead of pulling the storyline backward and forward into this mish-mash of a first episode.

Even though it was nice seeing Sasuke and everyone else - I did not get that "nostalgic feeling" everyone is talking about...although the only high point was the first 5 mins...other than that...the stupid keyword and interruptions really got on my nerves. I guess it's one way to avoid going back to fillers - but tbh I would rather have a back to back "in chronological order" shows and take what ever penalty of fillers we get at the end of it (if it really does make a difference).

Fudge it! Welcome back to Sesame Stre..Ah..I mean.. Konoha Street. Todays special letter is U for FU!

Animation is the only plus point in this episode, but as we can see from the animation teams for the future eps, it looks like the Korean's might do some of the animation ...anyone remember Naruto's ole fight before he fought Sasuke? (against kimi) Good times...good times.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 17:54   Link #55
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The highest point of this episode was it's background music. I've really liked the BGM which gives an actual sense of nostalgia. The content of the episode is very good at most point. The starting sequence before the OP-theme, is the highlight of the episode. The animation is good, but I've seen better in Naruto.

The episode gets a solid 8 from me for the BGM alone. I still need to get used to the OP and ED theme songs.
Old 2007-02-15, 17:56   Link #56
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Damn how long has it been since I've watched Naruto, like two years I think. Well anyways its finally time to return to the series yay! The art looks outstanding from the screens, I can't wait!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 17:58   Link #57
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

OP was decent, but I actually thought the majority of filler OPs were better than this current one. Yura Yura was definitely way better IMO.

The ED was unexpectedly cutesy for the newer angle, but pretty nostalgic and well done.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 18:02   Link #58
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Some more screenshot from this episode:
Spoiler:
Ok, there is some kind of conflict between this post and Hunter's comments on the screencap (although I don't know if it was joke or not) regarding the possible discussion on spoiler pictures shown during the opening theme (or maybe even ending, I don't know).

Which one is currently valid?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 18:02   Link #59
tritoch

Agreed with Monir. The bgm is just awesome. Full blown orchestra type sounds.
Old 2007-02-15, 18:16   Link #60
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Ok, there is some kind of conflict between this post and Hunter's comments on the screencap (although I don't know if it was joke or not) regarding the possible discussion on spoiler pictures shown during the opening theme (or maybe even ending, I don't know).

Which one is currently valid?
Putting spoiler tags around specific shots of screen capture is considered courteous. The courtesy is rendered toward fans who have yet to watch the episode in question. I didn't put spoiler tags around mine because the thumbnail is a compilation of a lot of screenshots from the episode. One shouldn't be able to tell what's going on in the episode without clicking on that thumbnail. If I were to post a certain frame from the episode, then I most certainly would have used spoiler tags. That is exactly what Hunter is suggesting.

Again, putting spoiler tags around specific screenshots is a courtesy. Observing this courtesy isn't required by any of our rules.