AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 01 & 02
Perfect 10 113 42.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 20.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 49 18.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 9.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 4.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.87%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-16, 08:11   Link #81
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Good stuff. There seems to be big improvements on most fronts.

The BGM was probably the best part. It's very well done and it helped me feel more immersed in the story. The opening scene was pretty cool. I was shocked at what Sasuke was able to do but it had me excited. The first series never had me this excited. Animation wise, it was an improvement, but TBH I wasn't expecting much because I don't expect the animation from Naruto to be great. Yes I did feel nostalgic when I saw the characters looking a bit more grown up and when Naruto met some of them. I was especially touched when Sakura was actually blushing when she saw Naruto. Never thought I'd see that. Also, I thought that Naruto was almost cool at times. That's something I never thought I'd see either.

The OP song was not to my taste. I can listen to rap but I'm not a fan of it. However, like previous OPs, I never liked them when I first heard them, so it could grow on me. Same goes for the ED song. The interuptions to show the letters for the title was annoying. This just seemed like another hopeless attempt at filler.

Overall it was a good first episode and it exceeded my expectations.

Episode rating: 8/10
Old 2007-02-16, 08:27   Link #82
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Sasuke + movie quality animation + movie quality soundtrack = Better than sex.

Episode 01-02 of Shippuden has to be the best anime I've seen since...episode 15 of Death Note. It's going to be the best anime ever if it can keep up the same level of animation and music for the entire series, no argument.

I didn't expect them to show that scene at the start, let alone with movie quality animation. I can't wait to see if they use that level of animation when the anime eventually catches up to the part the episode started with!

Forgetting about the orgasmic visual content, I'm in love with the new soundtrack. I don't think anyone truly expected Shippuden to not use any of the old music. I WANT THE SOUNDTRACK!!!1111!!1

11/10
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 08:29   Link #83
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon View Post
The interuptions to show the letters for the title was annoying. This just seemed like another hopeless attempt at filler.
You're talking about those bits where they revealed the letters for "Shippuu"? That's actually only there for a "keyword" in a competition being held by TVTokyo to celebrate Naruto's "return" and were just added in for the TV broadcast in Japan. The prizes in the competition are basically a choice between the Uzumaki Set (Naruto GNT EX for Wii plus a poster featuring Naruto and Sasuke fighting with the Akatsuki, Kakashi and Sakura in the background) and the Naruto Set (Narutimate Accel for PS2 plus a poster featuring Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi amongst the rooftops of Konoha). And they were only at points where they were going for a commercial, anyway. For the DVD version, they'll mostly likely be cut out and by extent will not show up in the English dub when it gets to this point as the English dub uses the DVD versions.
Tokkan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 08:41   Link #84
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
You're talking about those bits where they revealed the letters for "Shippuu"? That's actually only there for a "keyword" in a competition being held by TVTokyo to celebrate Naruto's "return" and were just added in for the TV broadcast in Japan. The prizes in the competition are basically a choice between the Uzumaki Set (Naruto GNT EX for Wii plus a poster featuring Naruto and Sasuke fighting with the Akatsuki, Kakashi and Sakura in the background) and the Naruto Set (Narutimate Accel for PS2 plus a poster featuring Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi amongst the rooftops of Konoha). And they were only at points where they were going for a commercial, anyway. For the DVD version, they'll mostly likely be cut out and by extent will not show up in the English dub when it gets to this point as the English dub uses the DVD versions.
Ah. It all makes sense. Thanks Still was annoying though.
Old 2007-02-16, 08:49   Link #85
Sankari

Excellent episode and wonderful start for the new serie. I was caught off guard thinking they will skip so much stuff but not really! Can't wait for the next episode! *gasp* I can't believe I am actually saying this! Its been a while since I felt like this for naruto.

I am so glad fillers are over!
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 09:00   Link #86
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Sasuke proves to be great as usual. What a way to start part 2.
Old 2007-02-16, 09:15   Link #87
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ownage! Simply ownage! Cant remember when was the last time I watched naruto but hell this was good!

The OP and ED both rocks as well! ALmost a perfect return to naruto.
Old 2007-02-16, 09:25   Link #88
tatami
back in black

didnt like the starting teaser...that wasnt so necessary...and it suppose to be 1 hour special yet it was full of emptyness
Old 2007-02-16, 09:52   Link #89
sabret00the

Well worth the wait, the episode in whole weren't consistent for me. they took the foot right off the peddle after the intro but hey, that was kinda expected. can't wait for the next one.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 10:15   Link #90
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

Wow. Thoses 2 episodes were truly amazing.
SUCH great animation at the beginning with the Sasuke thing.... simply just WOW !

I gave a big 8 just near for the 9. I just didnt really like the letters thing and the fact that I wasnt able to see the Sakura/Naruto/Kakashi bells thing :P
But hey ! thats gonna be for next week

GREAT way to start the new season !
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 10:35   Link #91
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

haha.. talk about cliffhanger.. excellent excellent episode.I still would prefer a prettier Temari, but ...

GODDAMN I NEVER REALIZED I MISSED NARUTO ANIME SO MUCH

There.. ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 10:53   Link #92
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

meh, naruto looked the same apart from his new shirt and height, not all that impressive on his debut. what a contrast to sasuke, who looked quite badass with his katana, there's a whole new samurai feel to it.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 11:10   Link #93
Xiomega

Send a message via MSN to Xiomega
Hey, what happened to the Gaiden? Is that going to be aired later or not at all?
Xiomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 11:13   Link #94
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Some new names, facts, and faces from the episode:

Facts:---
Neji, Kankuro, and Temari are now Jounin.

Gaara has become the Kazekage of the sand.

Ma man Konohamaru, sexy Mogi, and the other kid now join Naruto as Genin.

Sasuke-kun carries a sword! Oh, and Orochimaru-sama has instilled some of his own fashion sense on Sasuke-kun, such as the prominent bow around the waist. Sasuke-kun also has this bare-chested thing going on. Very sexy! I'll leave the subject of Sasuke-kun's hair to the fan-girls and the fan-boys to comment on.

The secret organization Akatsuki is consist of 10 members.

Two members of Akatsuki are headed toward the Sand country. One of them is called Sasori. They are after a one-tailed demon carried by a Jinchūriki. Sasori also had a sleeping agent named Yuura. Yuura has been an important member of the council under the hokage of the sand, who also served in this position for 4 years!
New names:---
Uchiha Madara, a name mentioned by Kiyubi. This Uchiha must be cool since he/she was mentioned by the Kiyubi.

Sasori, an Akatsuki member.

Yuura, a sleeping agent who has been working for Sasori from the inner circle of the council of the sand.
New faces:----
The two Akatsuki member. We don't exactly see their faces, but close enough.

The sleeping agent, Yuura.

And a new kid at the beginning of the episode, who was rising from the rubble after the explosion. Sakura-chan was the first one to get to him just before Sasuke-kun called on her casually.

Spoiler for screen on the mystery kid:
My observation: Do not answer any of the following question if you already know the answers. As I said, I'm just making my own observation from the episode. I don't read the manga you know.

The biggest question at the moment is: why are the Akatsukis after the demons? I know they are interested in Naruto because what he has inside Naruto, as according to Jiraiya. That's why Itachi and Kisame were after Naruto. In that case, it's fair to assume they are after Gaara because he is the only other known Jinchuriki in the series who carries a demon inside called Shukaku. Shukaku is apparently one tailed.

I also couldn't resist taking few other screenshots:

Spoiler for some impressive looks:

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-17 at 00:25. Reason: Corrected Gaara's title with "Kaze" from "Ho!"
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 11:26   Link #95
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Sasuke-kun also has this bare-chested thing going on. Very sexy! I'll leave the subject of Sasuke-kun's hair to the fan-girls and the fan-boys to comment on.

Not what I was expecting from a member of A.S.S.

But if you feel he looked sexy, imagine the Raving Sasuke Fan-girls felt for this.

Quote:
Sasori, an Akatsuki member.

Yuura, a sleeping agent who has been working for Sasori from the inner circle of the council of the sand.
So, still we don’t have the Name of the other Akatsuki Member?

Quote:
Spoiler for some impressive looks:
One of my favorite moments in the series so far.

Last edited by Rurik; 2007-02-16 at 11:41.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 11:41   Link #96
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Couple of things I need to say. Absolutely do not mention any names that hasn't been said in the episode. Yes, believe it or not, the names are also considered spoiler. If you are a manga reader and you need to unload some spoilers, then please feel free to use the thread:

[Manga] Spoilers & Speculation for experienced Naruto Anime-fans!

You can sing like a canary to your hearts content without having to worry about a spiteful BAN-happy mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Not what I was expecting from a member of A.S.S.
But I've always admired Sasuke-kun for his dashing looks. My only problem is that he is bent on killing his brother just because the big brother is even more good looking than Sasuke-kun himself.

Quote:
So, still we don’t have the Name of the other Akatsuki Member?
Not in the anime, no. Let's keep it that way, shall we?

Quote:
I was really surprised that This Character has been shown, and showing him there was really a bad mistake from the Anime team part, for know that’s all I can say about this.
I'm not sure if I should be surprised. The opening sequence seems like an event that is happening at the present. The rest of the episode is in the past that is leading to the present. As far as I'm concerned, I liked it. It leaves a sense of mystery that one can't just wait to unravel.
Old 2007-02-16, 11:43   Link #97
Lumir

And it begins!

Great ep, only thing im questioning is what kyuubi said about the uchiha clan.
Old 2007-02-16, 11:49   Link #98
DAmer
Hokage

Awesome ep Its so good to be watching the real thing.
Old 2007-02-16, 11:52   Link #99
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Not in the anime, no. Let's keep it that way, shall we? .

I haven’t seen this episode yet, and maybe will see it some 5 hours from now.

I will need to read the Manga of this chapter also, to get see of what is Filler and what is not and if some lines of the character were Changed. After all the corresponding Manga Chapters for this episode were published Around 3 years ago, I was still a fresh member of the Forum, ohh the good old days..
Old 2007-02-16, 11:59   Link #100
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
And it begins!

Great ep, only thing im questioning is what kyuubi said about the uchiha clan.
Oh darn! I forgot about another name that was mentioned in the episode: Uchiha Madara. One more mysterious name which is even more impressive becaue Kiyubi is the one that mentions the name.