AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Will rookie jounins become squad commanders in their squad? Similair to Kakashi?
Yes, probably indeed similair to Kakashi's case 5 38.46%
Yes, but he wont have full control like Kakashi 4 30.77%
Maybe, i think that...(your statement) 0 0%
No, that was an exception (a time of war) 2 15.38%
No, they will learn to lead a squad on a different way 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-21, 06:56   Link #1
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

[Manga] About new (rookie) Jounins

When Kakashi (in an era of war) was promoted to a jounin his sensei, the Yellow Flash back then..made him commander of the squad. Either this is a rule, unwritten rule or a lesson to give him experience as a commander of a squad.
We all know what when right or wrong....
Kakashi Gaiden

Do you think that now Neji has become a jounin he will start learning to lead the team completly even with the pressence of Gai?

And after Gai probably approves his leading skills he will go on and train genins?

This doesnt have to be with Neji alone but with all new rookie jounins...could be Shino, Shikamaru or Naruto...they all have the strenght...and some the brains...
Old 2007-02-21, 10:23   Link #2
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
I would of thought that Naruto would become a Jounin Sensei of Konohamaru's group. Oh well. I hope that they all get new Genin groups =]
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 10:29   Link #3
Nuu
Teh Sauce

It seems more just for a learning experience that it was for kakashi, but if any of them were to take a leadership role i could see Shikamaru since i believe he will be team 10s new leader to take place of the fallen Asuma other than that maybe shino he was strong dont know about know but he was also smart.. While neji i believe still needs the guidance as he is not there 100% to lead a group yet
Old 2007-02-21, 10:48   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

We saw in the last Akatsuki mission that if it's the right situation, even a chuunin can lead a team including experienced jounin. Shikamaru basically gave all the orders in that mission since he was the most qualified to do so. There might be times when Neji is chosen to lead the team even with Gai there since Byakugan can give him insight that might enable him to make the best decisions.

As for leading genins. I'm not sure if Neji or Hinata will be permitted to take on a genin team given their obligations to the Hyuuga clan, but all of the current former-rookies should be able to eventually lead genin teams. Though I don't think we will see any of them taking on teams of their own until the very end of the manga, maybe as part of the story's epilogue or something.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 14:00   Link #5
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

We would need another timejump.

I think Kishimoto likes the concept of everyone still on their teams which is why we won't see any major changes or anyone getting their own squad.

The closest thing we could see to that is if Neji moves over to Team 8 to fill in as their jounin leader. But as a new jounin, I don't see that happening. The idea is to give the team experience and adding a 16 year old to a team of 15 year olds wouldn't accomplish that.
Old 2007-02-22, 17:15   Link #6
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I believe jounins such as:
Genma
Spoiler:

Shizune
Spoiler:

Ibiki
Spoiler:

Raido
Spoiler:

Aoba
Spoiler:

Anko
Spoiler:

Are more likely to get assigned to Team 8 (unless Shikamaru becomes the jounin) and i am positive that they will have a new team member to replace the gap (there must be a 4 man team right?)

And because Kurenai is pregnant i believe that Team 9 (i think) will get a new jounin aswell (temporary or permanent)

So if Neji would replace Kurenai or Asuma then still someone (new) would have to replace Neji.

I almost forgot Yamato...he will definetly replace someone...and it could be that he will replace Kakashi permanent/temporary... while Kakashi will replace Asuma.
Old 2007-02-22, 17:45   Link #7
lankree

Jounin Neji

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post

The closest thing we could see to that is if Neji moves over to Team 8 to fill in as their jounin leader. But as a new jounin, I don't see that happening. The idea is to give the team experience and adding a 16 year old to a team of 15 year olds wouldn't accomplish that.
Maybe considering that it's Hyuuga Neji it could. I don't think it has anything to do with age. He may be sixteen, but he's still a jounin. Also, Kakashi was around that age during the Gaiden and he was put in the lead of his squad, he had no age difference with the squad (Rin and Obito only as Yondaime was leaving the group).

Age isn't terribly important in Konoha. The legendary three became Jounin very young and Sandaime became Hokage (technically) while in his teens. Add to that that Itachi became the leader of ANBU at 13.

As for the likeliness of Neji leading team 8, there probably isn't any necessity. The next phase of manga seems to focusing shift to Sasuke and with a new shift comes a new squad. It is likely that Hinata, Kiba and Shino will come into the picture. They themselves don't have a Jounin team leader while Kurenai is pregnant. There is also no need to replace Asuma or Kurenai as the Genin sannin are Chuunin and don't require a leader per say. They're a team not a squad.

If a later time skip happens, it would be cute if Neji were put in charge of the third generation of Ino-Shika-Chou. I wonder if cool headed Neji could handle the ridiculousness of the winning hand.
lankree is offline   Reply With Quote