AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-09, 03:36   Link #201
madcircle
Sneaky

Aaaarghh!!! Everyone seem to be all hyped up after ep. 5!
I want to go home and watch too!
...6 hours left at work, this is going to be a loooong day...

Last edited by madcircle; 2007-05-09 at 03:55.
madcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 03:41   Link #202
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Episode five pleasantly surprised me. ^^ Wasn't expecting that turn of events at all, and it was really quite nice. I like this series more and more as it progresses. ^^
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 04:23   Link #203
kauldron26
Med Student

wow, so ep5 was pretty amazing and pretty fucked up. I hope no one takes offense to this, but if Seiko tricked me like she did otani, I am fairly certain, that i will probably break his face when i found out he was a guy. Dont get me wrong, i have no problem with the dude's lifestyle choice, but deceit is a different thing entirely, especially when someone consciously fucks with your emotions.

great episode. im loving the show.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 05:08   Link #204
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
I'm a bit worried about the addition of the blonde girl (Haruka was enough). I miss the 'old days' where it was just the two main leads. It seemed much more innocent and sweet then. I hope we don't get too much of an overdose of the two new rivals' "love sickness". =/
Well if episode 5 is anything to go by I would say you don't have too much to worry about. It was really quite a good episode IMO. I certainly didn't see that coming. I'll stop at the risk of saying anything too spoilerish.

edit:

Now I'm interested in hearing what Sorrow-K has to say about ep 5. He/She was really quite scathing of the show at ep1 but that seemed to turn around with the recent episodes.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 05:16   Link #205
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Really nice ep. Strange twist that normally i don't think i'd like.
But it was put in a way that it was okay. And the shemale also gave advice on 1.72

I thought this was really nice ^_^
Old 2007-05-09, 07:32   Link #206
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Man, episode five was pretty amazing --- and Seiko-chan is added into my wonderful trap collection. Otani's reaction was just what i wanted, such a LOL scene.

For such a wacky series, i seem to be enjoying this a hell of a lot. It sticks to its wacky style pretty much all the time, though you also get this strong scene's (ends of episode five) that balance it all out. I can see this going far.
Old 2007-05-09, 07:48   Link #207
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! This one threw me for a loop! I loved it!!!!!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 08:26   Link #208
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

wtf! seiko-chan fooled me alright that wristband was a gift given to otani by koizumi in the live action version right
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 09:00   Link #209
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Talking

Ahaha wow that I was not expecting at all xD. Pretty amazing how seiko went from slightly obnoxious to a really endearing character by the end of the episode.

Im so absolutely in love with this show.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 09:11   Link #210
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Like most people who saw Ep5 i was totally caught off guard and was shocked... now i see why they really couldnt had pull that off during the lovely complex live verison...
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 09:19   Link #211
Rhaenys

I'm also a little unsure about the live action movie; after having watched the first episodes of the anime, I can't imagine it translating to the live version well (even though yes, I realize that it translated from that rather than to it). Plus, I'd like to see the rest of the show unfolding sans any spoilers.

Would anyone who's seen the live version of the movie or read the manga be willing to let us in on any major differences in plot so far? I'm interested to see how much (if any) variation there's been.
Rhaenys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 09:27   Link #212
migus_parvus

whats with the traps, this trend is scaring me.
migus_parvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 09:51   Link #213
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i havent read the manga but i seen the movie (check youtube) the only difference i seen so far is that there slight difference which characters are added between movie and anime
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 11:32   Link #214
kauldron26
Med Student

how would u guys react if u thought a really hot chick fell for you and made out with you?? especially when she was suddenly trying to seduce u and then u saw a lack of tits and a sausage. How angry will you be?? i guess in Japan they thought it was funny, or maybe because it was a comedy.

in real life wouldnt you be so perturbed to snap??
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 12:05   Link #215
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not certain where the "made out" happened in the show (a kiss? hug?).
No, I'd just be sad. Its got to take a lot of guts for a trap to drop their shields like that because of the risk of rejection - and since I'm only attracted to females there's nowhere to go in a positive way outside of "lets just be friends". ...

I'll also say I've never met a trap (we'll set hermaphrodism aside) that didn't give off trap signals (although some of them were pretty, they were pretty clearly guys). Even the professional crossdressers/transvestites (while amazing) don't really quite succeed. I have met a couple of completed transexuals that my reaction was "yeah.... good job!" (but many more where my reaction was "ouch" ....)
(I spent a couple of years working in a neurological research center as technical support where I met all these interesting people)

I'm going to have to call this a 99.99999% anime total fantasy. If you can't sense the difference in real life, you might ought to fall back and assess your sensory and decision-making tools
Old 2007-05-09, 12:32   Link #216
Mephisto2k
anime4life

But she/he was certainly too much of a babe to be a guy. He somehow reminds me now of the crossdresser in Happiness!. I guess its a new sort of popular character like the silver haired emotionless young girl.
And of course in real life there are no such perfect crossdresser. You will always be able to distinguish guys from girls just by faces. But I guess most anime shows should not be analyized about their authenticy since you willl only end up depressed. Just accept it if its not to rediculously unbelievable.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 12:57   Link #217
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Always look for the Adam's Apple. Guys all have 'em out there and visible. Girls do not...
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 13:23   Link #218
TigerII
Pilot in Training

All anime is fantasy. But you gotta give credit to Otani. He did not bash. He was nice about it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 13:53   Link #219
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm not to sure how long this anime plans to last, though i hope we keep getting more Seiko-chan goldness. She's a winner piece of this series.

Also, i wrote about Seiko-chan on my blog if anyone's interested. :3
Old 2007-05-09, 15:24   Link #220
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ill agree that ive never been fooled by any caucasian traps that fooled me someone showed some pictures on a different forum when some debates where popping up about jun from happiness of RL japanese traps and damned if I could tell the difference on alot of them.

But what do I know...Im Bi and I think its cute, but I guess straight people find it creepy lol. Ah anyway cant wait to see what direction the shows gonna take...Get those two together early and explore the relationship that way or wait until later like most romance shows...?
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance