AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-02, 12:07   Link #121
madcircle
Sneaky

Ohoho! Finally a female character with, erhm, some balls...?
And a male lead character that isn't totally socially handicapped.
Haven't enjoyed a comedy this much since GTO.

Might be I feel a bit extra for the characters since I'm a short guy and have had a tall girlfriend...

Eh, I know this post came out of nowhere but I just had to voice my appreciation for this show, and the KissSubs translation.
Top notch!
madcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 13:41   Link #122
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea many thanks to kiss for the great subs.

Episode 3 kept the momentum moving full speed ahead and I think it works great that way with this duo. I find it funny that their entire class seems to becoming interested in these two as much as their friends are, but I guess its pretty hard not to notice these two.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 20:01   Link #123
goku888

I really like this show, actually it is my fav. anime for this season.

On a side note, here's 2 question that I would like to ask

This one is for the ladies
Would you date a guy that's shorter than you?

This one is for the guys
Would you date a girl that's much taller than you?
goku888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 21:58   Link #124
Antigravity

Send a message via AIM to Antigravity
hmm... I would have to say it would definitely be weird dating someone taller than I am.
Antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 22:01   Link #125
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
For me in the end really doesnt matter if the person short or tall...well i only dated one person taller than me but the fact is if both are u are fine with the hight difference there shouldnt be any problem at all.
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 22:09   Link #126
Rhaenys

My longest relationship was with a guy a few inches shorter than me. Then again, I'm a little on the tall side for a girl.

Anyways, I continue to really enjoy this series. The third episode was entertaining, and it was nice to see Risa stick up for Otani, and the cake-ending was very fitting.
Rhaenys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 01:22   Link #127
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Well I would really have no problem if the guy was nice.
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 03:49   Link #128
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Well the third episode was very good imo... That Haruka guy drove Ootani really mad... And he gets really mad when he wants to. Anyway it's fun to watch Risa and Otani act like nothin's going on between them. It's really fun!
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 04:21   Link #129
katsumi
ghostly member

Episode 2 was really enjoyable and the ending left me with a WTH.
I like Risa's characterisation up to now, she is indeed an unusual (female) main character. Still, this episode left me with the impression as if she was wanting to fall in love for love's sake (=not be left behind/alone by her friends). I don't think that's the right reasoning for being together with someone, but I guess that will change later on in the series.
Old 2007-05-03, 09:40   Link #130
NaweG
Just some guy

As a data point, my wife is one inch taller than I am barefoot. The one time she wore heels to a dance with me, it was a tad inconvenient (given that you then appear to be looking at her chest all the time...)

Still, I'd be surprised if too many folks would give up one someone for that reason alone.

FWIW...
Old 2007-05-03, 13:56   Link #131
madcircle
Sneaky

Height is not a big concern IMO, you get used to it pretty quick.
Although it was a bit annoying when my ex used my head as a place to lean her elbow on...
But I guess a little bit of teasing should be allowed even when it comes to these things...

The height difference was about 8cm or so (a bit more than 3 inches),
so I rarely got to see her in high heels...

And Lovely Complex is still going strong, think I've watched each episode at least three times now.
I love the voice acting, especially Koizumi's, it's just adorable, especially when she gets mad or annoyed!
Old 2007-05-03, 15:44   Link #132
Ashlotte
Clockwork

No clue if I could date someone taller then me since im already tall (6'2") itd be getting kinda scary at that point I think if she was taller then me.

If I was shorter though like otani wouldnt really bother me. Anyone know how long the show is btw? I was just thinking in my head what direction the show is going to go towards and that question popped up lol.

Oh well even if its only 12ish episodes or so im sure it ill turn out great.
Old 2007-05-03, 16:43   Link #133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally got caught up with the released fansubs.... other than her seeing where this relationship might lead very early (and everyone else saying d'uh!!!! in event after event) --- its been quite a nice *classical* romantic comedy (Grant/Hepburn).
I'm not normally a fan of exaggerated face expressions but it works quite nicely here. I love the regional dialect mangling...

I really have trouble visualizing some of these types of shows as live-action without all the flavor that animation brings.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 22:18   Link #134
eipu

This series is getting more and more interesting..It's been a while since I last watched a shoujo anime, so I was really surprised how much I enjoyed watching the first three episodes.

Risa is amazing in my opinion. About how she wanted to find a boyfriend soon (and fall in love) because she felt she was being left behind by her friends, i don't think there was anything wrong with it, though it probably seemed kinda petty.
eipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 22:36   Link #135
Sade

Hey

Its been a rough task getting into shoujo romances prolly cause ima guy. Ive seen most of the shoujos but only truly enjoyed 2 of em escaflowne and Ouran High School host Club. Watching the first 3 eps of Lovely complex has got me hooked the characters are really likeable both guy and girl and its funny. Cant wait for the next ep

anyways new to posting on the forums got into anime about a year and a half ago naruto and love hina first anime i saw and after that watched every romance anime that ever came out lol and all the ones that are currently being released. Naruto, Bleach and Claymore only non romances im watching atm
Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 22:54   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Many years ago, I worked with a woman who could have been the sister of the warrior female on Firefly (Serenity). She was about 6'2" and really nicely proportioned, nice skin tone and even at 6' I had to look up at her when she wore heels. Probably one of the few times I can think of that I was attracted to someone who wasn't a wee little femme.

I'm enjoying the fiery relationship of these two and how they hold very little back from each other. And both being fairly confident socially is really nice. If they can keep this up, the series will definitely end up in my "enjoyable tier 2" list (along with REC, Lamune, Petopetosan, and the like...)
Old 2007-05-04, 08:50   Link #137
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I'm starting to wonder; are they going to introduce a new love interest EVERY SINGLE EPISODE?!?!?! This is the fourth episode and the fourth new rival for one or the other of them. Truthfully, it's starting to get a bit old...
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 10:09   Link #138
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye.. it only works to advance the plot or their relationship periodically... not every ep (though I suppose they had to each have some past annoyance). Hopefully, we'll get some eps where their relationship advances for shared struggle reasons of another sort...
Old 2007-05-04, 12:14   Link #139
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the ones in past episodes (I guess current eps. too for poor rise ) where old flames and the this girl would fall squarely under "new flame". So theirs enough of a difference in the dynamic not to really bother me plus this ones personality has alot more potential then otani's ex to get rise riled up what with her forwardness and all.

And I think risa's going the wrong way with the whole "I want to be cute stuff". To me with the height and the hair she should go for something more like understated model kindof style. The kindof of stuff thatd leave guys jaws hanging open not going "awww"...Leave the cutesy stuff to the little girls.
Old 2007-05-04, 13:03   Link #140
madcircle
Sneaky

Grahaha, I'm starting to like Nobu as well, her true colors are starting to show...

And god I'd like to see Risa or Nobu punch that new girl in the face... squeeky-voice... aargh!
Oh well, the next episode should get interesting!

Tags
comedy, romance