AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-03, 18:27   Link #21
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I'm fairly impressed so far and hoping for a swift subbing.
Old 2007-10-03, 21:07   Link #22
changeup

Though I am always a big fan of Ayachan... but I have to admit from time to time I find it hard to find out her voice. She is just too versatile for her voice to be recognized in most time... I have a bit hard time to recognize her voice this time.

Anyway, Ayachan and Nana, what can we expect? Gotta be a spectacular series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post
I am SOOooo in agreement with this. Kawasumi Ayako is the voice I hear in my dreams. When I hear angels, it's her voice. Okay, I exaggerate, but I still love her acting. From Aoi to Mahoro, to Matsuri-chan, I'd buy anything she was selling.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 01:28   Link #23
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post
I am SOOooo in agreement with this. Kawasumi Ayako is the voice I hear in my dreams. When I hear angels, it's her voice. Okay, I exaggerate, but I still love her acting. From Aoi to Mahoro, to Matsuri-chan, I'd buy anything she was selling.
Well, Ueda, you aren't the only one. I think 75% of the reason I played Odin Sphere was to hear her.

On-topic: Not sure what to make of this episode. Not bad, not great either because the feel is so languid. Will give it more eps.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 03:10   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Didn't do much for me. It looked nice, and I liked the atmosphere, but the story seemed kind of mechanical. I liked Kawasumi Ayako's voice, but found Mizuki Nana all technique and no heart. They did manage to communicate danger well. And I have to take into account that much as I love the trappings of Shinto, monsters just about never make any sense to me, which is a prejudice on my part.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 03:14   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't tend to use the word "monsters" in regard to these creatures/spirits, because monster implies aberration. These beings (at least so far) are intrinsic to the environment -- I suppose the ones that intend harm without reason could be labeled monsters.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 08:21   Link #26
redwoodtreesprite

A question for those who have read the manga. Are the apparitions in the stories classic youkai, or are they unique to the series?
redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 09:18   Link #27
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
A question for those who have read the manga. Are the apparitions in the stories classic youkai, or are they unique to the series?
Classic, with very detailed explanations about origins and territorial derivations. Of course I'm talking about the manga.
Old 2007-10-04, 10:05   Link #28
redwoodtreesprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Classic, with very detailed explanations about origins and territorial derivations. Of course I'm talking about the manga.
Cool!

I loved Ayakashi Ayashi and Mushishi and their interpretations of youkai. And Mononoke does have youkai in it, and me and my husband have been watching the fansubs. It is quite intense and very adult. It's so rare anymore for a non-adult series to get made that has classic youkai in it. Mokke looks very nice, and I love the atmosphere of it so far. It may cause yawns in some anime fans, but it looks like one I may even be able to let our 6 year old son watch.

(As for other youkai animes, me and my husband love Hell Teacher Nube, and hope it will get more episodes fansubbed. And there is Gegege no Kitaro, but that one is almost impossible to find many episodes of. We plan to purchase the 2007 series in a dvd set once it's released. My husband says he can set a dvd drive so it plays Japanese region dvds. We don't have a lot of money, so this would be a big purchase for us. But we all love Japanese lore. So it will be well worth the money. )
redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 10:55   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hit someone for a cheap DVD player that has a settable code (sometimes I see them for $40-$50 bucks at my local department store). Just avoid the Sony products because they hardwire their region codes.

For a DVD drive, you can do two things:
1) buy a second DVD drive and lock it to region 2 (leaving the first one in region 1) $45
I don't *think* Vista stops that but someone might clarify. 2000/XP don't mind.

2) Buy a piece of software called DVD+CSS (or any fine competitor) which intercepts region checks and leaves your DVD drive unblemished by a region lock. Its about $40 as well so it really depends on whether you want more hardware or more software

On the other hand, if you only watch region 2 stuff on your computer, who cares if it locks to region 2? (drives lock region code in their firmware after 5 transitions)
Old 2007-10-04, 14:13   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Wow...for some reason the moment i layed my eyes on this series i immediately thought My Neighbor Totoro (in fact the black stuff/soot was the main reason why i did) - ahh sweet sweet memories ^_^

If anything i just fell in love with the music in this series - It isnt often where i am completely absorbed into an OP theme - the way this series started was just magical -

The rural Japan/mysterious/childhood/adventure theme from this first episode is really something that i have been lacking for ages and love seeing - Just taking a jump back to those childhood times anything can happen ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 03:01   Link #31
ZaLhErA
Undine of the Rebellion

Just finished watch first episode.

As expected from the promo trailer ----- "Honobono" story. I feel very heartwarming. 2 seiyuus did a great job! Kawasumi Ayako as Shizuru , very kind big sister and Mizuki Nana as Mizuki (I confused....) , cheerful little sister.

I hope some good fansubs will sub this great series since it requires some knowledge of japanese tradition such as Nanakusa, Flower's word.

Spoiler:

I will stick with this serie for sure , I'm sicked with Moe and Harem anime.

Last edited by ZaLhErA; 2007-10-05 at 08:51.
ZaLhErA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 15:33   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Anyone popped up and announced a sub project yet?
Old 2007-10-05, 16:26   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Anyone popped up and announced a sub project yet?
According to the Who Subs What wiki, a group called "Subbers Anonymous" did the preview and plans to do the series. The preview is on a.scarywater.net.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 10:15   Link #34
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Wow...for some reason the moment i layed my eyes on this series i immediately thought My Neighbor Totoro (in fact the black stuff/soot was the main reason why i did) - ahh sweet sweet memories ^_^

If anything i just fell in love with the music in this series - It isnt often where i am completely absorbed into an OP theme - the way this series started was just magical - ...
Oh yes, there's a huge debt to Totoro (some scenes were homages I'm sure) and Mushishi of-course in the first episode. Well I enjoyed it alot, it's got a refreshing atmosphere and setting i.e. rural harmony with lurking evil. Much like Mushishi I suppose.

I totally agree about the music; there's some wonderful themes in the first episode. Having just finished watching Claymore Kosaki Riyu's OP was a bit of a shock. But it's a good song, not sure it fits with the fairly slow pace of the episode. It'll grow on me though.

I don't think I've watched a 'spooky' show since Ghost Hunt, so this should be fun to follow.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 23:45   Link #35
totalnet

SubsAnon did release the sub for the 1st episode today.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 00:04   Link #36
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

U..no..why is this still in Unaired section. It has been subbed.

Neway..got Ghost Hunt vibes from this series. But seems like this will have some character development. Ghost Hunt was a dissappointment since it seemed like a filler series to me throughout.

Overall..quite a nice episode. Will see it to the end
Old 2007-10-09, 02:19   Link #37
Edgewalker
Nani ?

This gives me dennou coil vibes...which is definitly not a bad thing.
And is it just me, or is the OP of this series way better then most of the other OP's this season ?
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 03:37   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its called "the mods appreciate some help on occasion" ... just send them a report that the thread needs to be moved... sheesh, just complaining doesn't make anything happen.
Old 2007-10-09, 03:45   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its called "the mods appreciate some help on occasion" ... just send them a report that the thread needs to be moved... sheesh, just complaining doesn't make anything happen.
Thanks for sending us a report Vexx. Thread moved.

How's that for a fast response?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:26   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This show is just as relaxing as My Neighbor Totoro/Mushishi was --- a lovely little gem for this season. Loving the score already, very Ike Yoshihiro.