AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 23:29   Link #21
7Th
Mixtape

Bah, this thread confirms most people in this forum have bad taste.

As for me:

Will see no matter what:

Dennou Coil: Iso Mitsuda! Sakuga on MotherFu**ing National TV! Takeshi Honda! 10 years in the making! My most anticipated series of the year.
Gurren Lagann: I'm a Hiroyuki Imaiashi fanboy and am pretty excited at the thought of Sushio as lead animator.

Will also see no matter what but put them on a lower list just to enhance my excitement for the already mentioned series:

Darker than Black: Kanno what? It's Tensai Okamura's baby!
Seirei No Moribito: Please IG, keep up the animation.
Bokurano: Gonzo... Who cares?! We got an amazing staff doing a pretty fun manga, not even that evil studio can screw this.
Romeo X Juliet: Here's hoping.
To Terra: Have a good feeling about it and think we just need more dystopia plots in anime.

Will also see, but then again are placed on a lower list just to dramatize my anticipation:

Gigantic Formula: I like the character animation, but I am still wary of the CGI mechs.
Lovely Complex: My sister loves it. Will just watch it with her.

Everything pales compared to this.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:49   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

With many other folks: Lucky☆Star
Also Nanoha StrykerS as my sole nod to young girls with mindshattering firepower...
5 Centimeter.... duh....
Hidamari Sketch has already started so that doesn't count now...

I may have to give Bokurano a look-see considering the list of watchers...
Everything else I can think of is not arriving til summer...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 17:32   Link #23
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Seriously, Spring 2007 will be really hot. There are so many anime that look promising, that I really tend to believe that this season might be one of the best in the anime history. I'm looking forward to watch:

Bokurano (Please, GONZO? I'm certain it can blow Eva out of the universe, if done right.)
Dennou Coil (14 years into making. They can't get it wrong.)
Darker than Black (Bones + Yoko Kanno. Not that fond of them, but I can't ignore them.)
Seirei no Moribito (Breathtaking trailer, great staff, the good side of Production I.G.)
Claymore (Heard nice comments, I like the character designs for some reason, that's all.)
Devil May Cry (I like Madhouse, I don't know anything about the games.)
Romeo x Juliet (Somehow I have a feeling that it'll turn out good...)
Heroic Age (Because it involves Greek mythology... But it doesn't really seem very good. Whatever.)
Gurren Lagann (Hm... it's Gainax?)

I guess Byousoku 5 Centimeter will be also released on DVD or HDTV on Spring? Or only on theaters? I'm not really sure.

Quote:
Bah, this thread confirms most people in this forum have bad taste.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 18:48   Link #24
-Breakthrough-

Lucky☆Star, Nanoha StrikerS, and how can I forget Devil May Cry.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 19:30   Link #25
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
Lucky Star
Devil May Cry

These are all because of what I've heard about them.

I'll also pick a handful at random without knowing anything about them.
Old 2007-02-23, 19:32   Link #26
Rare
Verses

Um, the answer is probably elsewhere in the forums but, where do you guys source this information from? How do you even know what's coming out, let alone which ones to look forward to?

http://fansub.andrewlb.com/pukiwiki.php?Spring%202007

was quoted in one of the posts (sorry I didn't quote whoever posted it) ... are there other reliable places I should be looking at?
Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 01:59   Link #27
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

All of that information including the andrewlb wiki are pretty much based on Moon Phase. If you can read Japanese it is the only site you really need. Otherwise just use the andrewlb wiki since it is a reliable translation of the most relevant portions.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 11:08   Link #28
wao
OK.

Well, here's my own self-important expectations...
Spoiler:

If it isn't obvious enough, 90% of my expectations/plans are based on staff and potential production qualities based on my not-really-justified, amateur assessments of the staff and production studios' capabilities.

And mostly on the visual front.

I think the only ones I'm genuinely checking out for the story/characters are Tetsuko no Tabi, Emma and maybe Moonlight Mile or Seirei no Moribito.
Old 2007-02-28, 10:04   Link #29
Mephisto2k
anime4life

my interst is on:

Seto no Hanayome
El-Cazador
Lucky Star
True Tears
sola
Kono Aozora Ni Yakusoku Wo
Kaze no Stigma
AIKa R-16
Shakugan no Shana Movie

And as for that someone who emntioned zero no tsukaima2: I think it will only be out in fall season this year, as far as i know.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 22:14   Link #30
GundamZZ
残念美人

My most anticipated series is Otokboku season 2.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 01:14   Link #31
Joojoobees

I'm hoping Seirei no Moribito delivers. I'll be checking out Claymore and Darker than Black as well.
Old 2007-03-01, 10:56   Link #32
eggplant
Eggplant

Some images for the Spring 2007 season, including titles that have not been officially announced yet.

From top, left to right:
Kaibutsu Oujo; Darker Than Black -Kuro no Keiyakusha-; Love☆Com (Lovely Complex); Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica; Romeo x Juliet;
The Skull Man; Gegege no Kitarou; CLAYMORE; Ookiku Furikabutte; Terra e (Towards the Terra);
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate the Combat Butler); Nagasarete Airantou; Blue Dragon; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles;
Bakugan Battle Brawlers; Kamichama Karin; El Cazador; Heroic Age; sugar bunnies;
Seto no Hanayome; Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS; Idol Master Xenoglossia; sola; Hitohira;
Bokurano; Lucky☆Star; Shining Tears; Saint Beast ~Kouin Jojishi Tenshitan~; Wellber no Monogatari (SIsters of Wellber);
Kaze no Stigma; Dennou Coil; Kaze no Shoujo Emily; Saiunkoku Monogatari New Series; Seirei no Moribito;
Koutetsushin Jeeg; Devil May Cry; AIKa R-16 :Virgin Mission; Spider Riders Yomigaeru Taiyou; Keitai Shoujo;
Oh Edo! Rocket; Tetsuko no Tabi; Koutetsu Sangokushi;
Over Drive; Touka Gettan; true tears; Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo; Victorian Romance Emma The 2nd Act

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 15:41   Link #33
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
So far:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 2

Further episodes of Nodame Cantabile

Byousoku 5 Centimeter

And anything interesting that comes down the pike from Umino Chika-sensei.
Old 2007-03-01, 17:11   Link #34
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Some images for the Spring 2007 season, including titles that have not been officially announced yet.

@eggplant

tnx for the image...wow many of them looks so cool and nice........
Old 2007-03-02, 08:01   Link #35
wao
OK.

I'm so weak and easily won over, but after having watched the trailer for Darker than Black - that's definitely staying in the "Really Anticipating" category and isn't a borderline case anymore. Yay.
Old 2007-03-02, 09:08   Link #36
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

The ones that I'm probably expecting:

1) Nanoha StrikerS
2) Shakugan no Shana Movie
3) Princess Ressurection...?
4) Hayate the Combat Butler...?

There may have more but I haven't really researched into them yet, but StrikerS and Shakugan no Shana the movie are definitely top priority.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 19:59   Link #37
7Th
Mixtape

Just got the first volume from the To Terra manga released in USA... excellent read all around and really got my interest for the anime up a notch.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:04   Link #38
domino
デレデレ

My initial reaction to the collage of 2007's spring anime ---> "... Well, better luck next season."

There might be some surprises out there, but most of them look forgettable and boring. I went through the list of official sites and cringed every time I clicked a link and got a main page that was a picture of giant-eyed generic schoolgirls staring back at me. Do people really watch these things? I mean, how many times do they have to make shows exactly like Xenoglossia before they give up?

Shows that have a little potential that I will check out and test:

* Claymore --> Looks and sounds adventurous, so might see if it holds up.
* Wellber no Monogatari --> I can't decide if it will be a good adventure or a horribly generic fantasy tale. I guess time will tell...
* Koutetsu Sangokushi --> also COULD potentially be interesting adventure story, but seems more likely to end up like a boring SCRYED-like fighter anime
* Moribito --> Very appealing style. I can't wait to see if the story/production quality will be as high.
* Love Com --> Will check it out. Might be a good romance.
* Devil May Cry --> might be good for a laugh or something ~_~ At least Dante is cool...
* Shining Tears --> Mmmmaybe. But I heard the game was horrible, and even anime based on GOOD games always stink, so I'm not very optimistic...

Looking forward to and will definitely watch:

* Saiunkoku Monogatari season 2 --> season one was great, so of course it should continue
* Romeo x Juliet --> if it ends up being as good a novel (er, play) adaptation as Gankutsuou was, I can't wait~

After last year's incredible spring season, I'm a bit disappointed. Everything looks so "meh"...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 22:13   Link #39
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
No GeGeGe no Kitaro? Goodness, I'm the only one who's looking forward to this series. so much for seeing it subbed. u.u
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 10:52   Link #40
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
After last year's incredible spring season, I'm a bit disappointed. Everything looks so "meh"...
Huh? That's so... wrong. This spring season is simply completely unique and no other in recent history has come close to what we're seeing released here. It's a first in Japanese animation when we can find more than 4 shows so deep into production, like the already a year of real work in Dennou Coil, Seirei no Moribito and even Gonzo's Romeo X Juliet releasing a teaser months before premier, or Gurren Lagann storyboards already completed up to episode 26, and all this with staff as Hiroyuki Imaiashi and Iso Mitsuo working on them. I've never been as excited for anime since I was a kid.