AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 77 57.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 10.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-01, 01:11   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kanon, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the game or the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:
Old 2007-03-01, 07:14   Link #2
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, then.....this is it, guys. The home stretch.

Will KyoAni drop the ball here, so close to the end?

Or will they score a home run to stamp their legacy as the creators of the most memorable Kanon adaptation to date?

Eagerly anticipating the coming episodes.
Old 2007-03-01, 07:23   Link #3
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I'm staying up for this one.

3.5 hours to go!
Old 2007-03-01, 07:31   Link #4
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

I can already see myself downloading the raw and spoiling myself senseless~

Ascaloth: Why do you think they'll "drop the ball"? Isn't there still two more episodes left?
Old 2007-03-01, 07:37   Link #5
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai the Dreamer View Post
I can already see myself downloading the raw and spoiling myself senseless~

Ascaloth: Why do you think they'll "drop the ball"? Isn't there still two more episodes left?
When I said that, I meant all of the remaining episodes, not just this one. Much hinges on how KyoAni decides to end their adaptation; if they do it well, they'll get accolades and worshippers. If they screw it up (like Toei did).....then I don't want to think about what will happen.
Old 2007-03-01, 07:45   Link #6
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Ahh, I see! There's, of course, always a remote potential that they could screw up badly... but, judging by every other series they've concluded thus far, I'm sitting on the belief that these next episodes won't fail to impress. Or at least, hoping...
Old 2007-03-01, 08:06   Link #7
Ascaloth

For me, I believe that this is probably going to be the first time that KyoAni faces an actual significant challenge in how they're going to properly end a series they have adapted from an existing source. Put it this way......there are a LOT of interest groups hanging onto the decision as to what kind of ending KyoAni should eventually choose. And this time round, unlike AIR, Kanon doesn't have a "canon" ending KyoAni can base their own ending on; even the game itself was 50/50 between Ayu and Nayuki, thus the reason why these interest groups exist.

Whatever route they take though (Ayu, Nayuki, "good" no-girl, or "bad" no-girl), they're going to have their work cut out for them to create an ending that will satisfy the majority of viewers (I'm not gonna say all, because there are those around these parts who will NEVER be satisfied.....). For me, as long as they do it right, I don't really care which ending they take; as long as it's believable and possible to empathize with, I'll consider it a good ending.

I hope I'm making sense here. Two nights straight of lack of sleep isn't very good for my thinking process.

EDIT: And how come is it that I can never see who's viewing these forums anymore? Or is that just me?
Old 2007-03-01, 11:10   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I simply hope that most of the pressure is on "construct an ending which hits the right notes and *feels* right" rather than "my girl or the highway" nonsense. I'd always rather my favorite characters go down in well-written flames of tragedy than have them win in some lamely written cardboard forced ending to satisfy a poll.

on viewers: I only get a display on the top lvl menus most of the time... often in the thread level though, the "who's looked" isn't there. I suspect it has to do with tweaking being done to figure out why the "MySQL Fixed" and server hangs are happening so often but check the Forum Feedback section for the latest reports.
Old 2007-03-01, 11:15   Link #9
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
For me, I believe that this is probably going to be the first time that KyoAni faces an actual significant challenge in how they're going to properly end a series they have adapted from an existing source. Put it this way......there are a LOT of interest groups hanging onto the decision as to what kind of ending KyoAni should eventually choose. And this time round, unlike AIR, Kanon doesn't have a "canon" ending KyoAni can base their own ending on; even the game itself was 50/50 between Ayu and Nayuki, thus the reason why these interest groups exist.

Whatever route they take though (Ayu, Nayuki, "good" no-girl, or "bad" no-girl), they're going to have their work cut out for them to create an ending that will satisfy the majority of viewers (I'm not gonna say all, because there are those around these parts who will NEVER be satisfied.....). For me, as long as they do it right, I don't really care which ending they take; as long as it's believable and possible to empathize with, I'll consider it a good ending.

I hope I'm making sense here. Two nights straight of lack of sleep isn't very good for my thinking process.

EDIT: And how come is it that I can never see who's viewing these forums anymore? Or is that just me?
I have a feeling that they may go with no girl. I mean you piss off like 4/5 of the fans by lumping U1 with one of the girls. So if KyoAni has U1 with no girl but still good friends with all five of them then that might please most of the fans and that's where I see this headed.
Old 2007-03-01, 11:32   Link #10
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Ok, browsing along the pics on the 2chan thread (because I can't wait for the raws), we find that this is the episode in which

Spoiler for click only if you REALLYREALLY can't wait and REALLYREALLY need to see before the raws are out:
Old 2007-03-01, 11:39   Link #11
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Just finished, nothing really surprising here, still keeping it faithful to the game script and the transition was good enough. The preview is vague, so can't really tell what they are going for in the next episode. One thing that was good though was
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-01, 12:39   Link #12
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Ooookay,.... I just read thru 2ch and came up with a few words:

DO NOT OPEN unless u absolutely too anxious to wait for another couple hours
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-01, 14:35   Link #13
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Screenshots of episode 22 courtesy of Random Curiosity. Pls. look at it at your own risk!!!
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-03-01, 14:39   Link #14
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-01, 16:59   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-01, 17:18   Link #16
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-01, 17:52   Link #17
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I applaud the good artwork on episode 22, although there were a lot of reuse of stock footage namely in one scene. A new song also came into play here.

This is definately the darkest installment of the series out of everything we've seen - the second being episode 10, where Yuuichi had to deal with Makoto's time running out as she progresses deeper into an autistic state. There was nothing amusing in this episode at all. I spent half the time in my seat wondering what Yuuichi was going to do for Nayuki. She certainly wasn't going to do anything. I imagined that Yuuichi would approach her the wrong way; and I suppose he kind of did, but that's my American viewpoint, perhaps not a Japanese one.

I was talking to a few people via private message yesterday. I was thinking maybe episode 22 would feature the last of the flashback dreams. It did, but I can't say it's the last one. There can still be more based on what was presented here.

At this point, I feel like there's very little to say. A lot of what I wanted to see did not occur in this episode. Episode 23 might, and I feel like holding my breath until next week. A plethora of weird phenomenons and motivations went on here that was all show but no tell. At best, everything I write will be entirely speculation so it's not worth writing... not in this thread. I might have more to comment on once my friends finish translating the episode for me. So apologies for feeling negative; after this episode, negativity is all I'm feeling at the moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler for Okay, I guess I will say one speculative thing. Don't open until you've seen the episode:

But I only mention the spoiler measure simply because of how negative I'm feeling at the moment. It contradicts episode 1 and again, the wish will probably mean everything, and it will force him to choose. Episode 22 is not an ending. It is the question. The next episode will most likely have our answers.

That dragged on longer than I thought. I guess I do have more to say. But in due time.
Old 2007-03-01, 17:52   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ep spoiler speculation
Spoiler:

Heh, wow, Zaris -- those reflections are *very* depressing, especially the Yuuichi remarks. But I agree that this episode is all about questions, not yet answers (trying to remember the musical terms for "assertion" and "response"... argh).
Old 2007-03-02, 08:05   Link #19
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

There really wasn't much Yuuichi could've done in the situation if you listen to the conversation carefully:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-02, 08:28   Link #20
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Whatever it is, it looks like that Yuuichi's previous rounds are about to toss him a rope out of this mess. I would like to see how the next episode will go about to conclude this climax, thus putting an end to Kanon.

And... what do you know? Even Yuuichi can cook somewhat. Piro's conducts however is what surprises me the most... so well behaved.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Closed Thread