AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OAV 2 Rating
Perfect 10 27 22.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 23.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.83%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-23, 06:20   Link #41
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxmay View Post
This is fast. Details for OVA 3 is out.

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCBA-2772
If the summary of the OVA is correct, then we are going to get a fair bit of plot development come May 25th. Definitely more than what we got here.

All we had here was
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tokkan; 2007-02-23 at 06:33.
Old 2007-02-23, 15:31   Link #42
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
By the way, at 22:13, the place where Nao is is part of Artai and is called Kokuyouguu. I like the ending song as well. This one is more like Kajiura's style compared to Believe. Was Believe composed by Kajiura as well?
Fortunately, Believe was not Kajiura-sama's work.
Old 2007-02-23, 20:49   Link #43
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Fortunately, Believe was not Kajiura-sama's work.
Believe was okay IMO. Suitable for Arika, definitely. I also found this one scene with weird usage of BGM in episode 2. The scene before Sara materializes. The vocals just strangely didn't fit that scene.
Old 2007-02-23, 21:04   Link #44
AnimaniacForever

I knew it was fumi!!!!!!!! i knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!!
Old 2007-02-23, 22:23   Link #45
Nagumo
Random Translator

Hm... I'm not sure if I'm particularly amused by Chie's element or robe...

Oh well, can't win'em all. At least she appeared and had funny reactions.
Old 2007-02-24, 01:09   Link #46
RukaMich
Nemu-nemu

Send a message via AIM to RukaMich Send a message via MSN to RukaMich
I also have to agree with the "slowness" of this OVA. I see the reasoning behind it, but I think they could have stuck to some of Part I's plot and still progressed the character development.

As I'm not remotely fluent in Japanese, I'll wait for the sub to get a better idea of the progression, but it seems like there's way too much to be explained in such a little amount of time. (But this is that I get for immediately grabbing the RAW instead of just waiting for the sub.)

On a lighter note, the comedy was gold. The first 5 minutes held me through the quagmire that followed.
Old 2007-02-24, 03:37   Link #47
Same_Shark

The hammer scene never ceases to amuse me! There were alot of cool things in this episode, like the ring that guy had. Four Otome for one guy, that's cool!. Also Sara's invisibility technique was kinda cool. I'm still trying to figure out if the Deltas are actual Meister Otome.
Old 2007-02-24, 08:39   Link #48
Mermer

Send a message via AIM to Mermer Send a message via MSN to Mermer
So since the sub isn't out yet, would someone mind explaining the purpose of Ishigami and Tomoe? I was sorta able to figure out everything else in the OVA, but not what they were doing there.
Old 2007-02-24, 08:53   Link #49
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

I think a large portion of it was demonstrating the strength of Yukino as a President. She didn't have the best opportunities to really shine during the TV series, so they contrasted an aspiring candidate against the Real Freaking Deal.

They did something simliar to this in the first episode with Natsuki and Shizuru.

I think a reoccuring theme in this OVA series might be the strengths of a team to overcome weaknesses in its members.
Old 2007-02-24, 10:39   Link #50
RukaMich
Nemu-nemu

Quote:
The hammer scene never ceases to amuse me! There were alot of cool things in this episode, like the ring that guy had. Four Otome for one guy, that's cool!. Also Sara's invisibility technique was kinda cool. I'm still trying to figure out if the Deltas are actual Meister Otome.

I completely agree with that hammer scene! x3
I must have watched it 10 times and NEVER stopped finding it amusing. Sara's got an interesting "intervention" technique, for sure.

Chie's reaction to some of Haruka's fangirls was another source of balled-up laughter, as well.

And Sara was just awesome overall. Her element was great, and her robe is my fave, oddly enough. o_O Perhaps it's due to the simplicity of it...
Old 2007-02-24, 11:37   Link #51
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Delta Force were the true heroes for me in this episode, perhaps its because unlike most Otome, they are more like a SWAT team, responding where they are needed instead of bodyguards for royalty. Their uniform style robes also help to create the 'combined fighting force' effect. Do we have names for the members? Apart from Chie, of course.

Sara's robe reminded me of batman when I first saw it. Actually, it still does. Dunno, I think it's the mask. The hammer scene was great *wham* "shitsureishimashita!"

I wonder who is next in the character spotlight. My hunch says both Nina and Nao will get a nice place, perhaps some more Nagi too.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-02-24 at 12:31.
Old 2007-02-24, 14:44   Link #52
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Delta Force were the true heroes for me in this episode, perhaps its because unlike most Otome, they are more like a SWAT team, responding where they are needed instead of bodyguards for royalty. Their uniform style robes also help to create the 'combined fighting force' effect. Do we have names for the members? Apart from Chie, of course.

Sara's robe reminded me of batman when I first saw it. Actually, it still does. Dunno, I think it's the mask. The hammer scene was great *wham* "shitsureishimashita!"

I wonder who is next in the character spotlight. My hunch says both Nina and Nao will get a nice place, perhaps some more Nagi too.
The names of the Deltas are Gigi, Dorothy, and Jessica. As for characters spotlighted in OVA 3, I hope it's Nina, Nao, and Mahya. I hope they don't stick Mahya with a dumb Element, it'd be cool if she got something like a giant chakram or something.
Old 2007-02-24, 14:54   Link #53
starCHILDE

Hi! I'm new here. These OVAs are great. I was wondering what's the name of the BGM that we can hear before the scene where Sara materializes. If any of you know it please tell me.

I'm waiting for the subs too, because I'm not too fluent in Japanese, but I got what was happening in the OVA.
Old 2007-02-24, 15:23   Link #54
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The names of the Deltas are Gigi, Dorothy, and Jessica. As for characters spotlighted in OVA 3, I hope it's Nina, Nao, and Mahya. I hope they don't stick Mahya with a dumb Element, it'd be cool if she got something like a giant chakram or something.
Thank you. For Maya, I don't think they will give Maya a dumb element (though that, of course, depends on our opinions) but whenever I look at her, something in my head just screams 'martial artist'
Old 2007-02-24, 15:27   Link #55
X207
Gamyūsa

any idea when sub comes out?
Old 2007-02-24, 20:36   Link #56
Same_Shark

Quote:
Thank you. For Maya, I don't think they will give Maya a dumb element (though that, of course, depends on our opinions) but whenever I look at her, something in my head just screams 'martial artist'
Mahya is from the Mauryan Kingdom, which is based on an old empire of India, so maybe they'll give her an Indian martial art.

Check this out! I "borrowed" it from Wikipedia.
Old 2007-02-25, 07:53   Link #57
RukaMich
Nemu-nemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
any idea when sub comes out?

A little birdy told me that Static hopes to have it out early Monday.
No guarantees, of course, but they've been working on it since Thursday.

I'm in no rush, just the visual comedy is enough to sustain me for a while.
Old 2007-02-25, 09:34   Link #58
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukaMich View Post
A little birdy told me that Static hopes to have it out early Monday.
No guarantees, of course, but they've been working on it since Thursday.

I'm in no rush, just the visual comedy is enough to sustain me for a while.
thanks. i hope the little birdy can avoid the cat atleast until it tells u static has subed the 4 other eps. monday is just 1 day away
Old 2007-02-25, 10:25   Link #59
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i love the new OAV episode, specially the start of it, Chie's robe is probably the pretiest ive seen so far =D
also noticed they played load sof music from the My HiME series in this one whieeeh

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2007-02-25 at 10:44.
Old 2007-02-25, 15:12   Link #60
UrielMatt

Quote:
but whenever I look at her, something in my head just screams 'martial artist'
Whenever I look at her, something in my head just screams 'curry', and I'm not the only one, it seems:

Closed Thread