AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OAV 2 Rating
Perfect 10 27 22.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 23.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.83%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-26, 21:23   Link #81
Same_Shark

Were the Deltas voiced be some of the seiyuu from the original? I didn't notice their names listed in the credits.

Last edited by Same_Shark; 2007-02-26 at 21:52.
Old 2007-02-26, 21:51   Link #82
Morganchan
Gero?!

I've gotta say, I love Chie's magician motif. It makes me appreciate her character more when she so deftly utilizes bizarre weaponry like that And of course you can't forget Sara's general awesomeness. I want a vanishing power like that, too~!

Think they're going to go into the Aries election at all in the upcoming episodes? I mean, Tomoe (and Ishigami, I s'pose) can't just appear all of a sudden and then leave without any further involvement. She could sure wreak havoc on everyone if she were to win (not that I'd really want Tomoe to beat out Yukino )

Of course, doing that would probably make it harder to tie everything together in the end. It feels like everything's just plodding along right now (and for a while I even forgot Nina existed! ), although I'm glad more Otome seem to have an involvement in the next episode. Everybody cheers for the return of nekomimi Akane XD

It'd be nice if perhaps the last installment of the OVA clocked in longer than these first couple of episodes. Unlikely, I know, but it would give me more confidence that we'd get a strong ending.
Old 2007-02-26, 22:27   Link #83
X207
Gamyūsa

hav a newfound appreciation for sara, who wouldnt want to become invisible??
doesnt sara use a boomerang of some sort? good to see tomoe's hate for arika again. love the manner nao speaks again, i like the mischevious nao. was surprised to see ishigami isnt with sister
Old 2007-02-26, 22:39   Link #84
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaniacForever View Post
I knew it was fumi!!!!!!!! i knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!!
Its not really Fumi... The villian takes the form of the last otome it took a gem from.
Old 2007-02-26, 22:45   Link #85
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
Its not really Fumi... The villian takes the form of the last otome it took a gem from.
Hmmm that sounded mean. Im sorry. The Delta force robes look a lot like the Tira robes, other then the colors on the shoulder gards. Very pretty.
Old 2007-02-26, 22:50   Link #86
Mermer

Send a message via AIM to Mermer Send a message via MSN to Mermer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Looks like whatever they're fighting wants GEMs and Materializers.

Hmm.

You know, Mikoto having gone comatose there is terribly, terribly handy. What would the Inky Thing done with HER?
In the actual series, they said Mikoto was a pure otome, the last one. Wonder if that has something to do with it.
Old 2007-02-26, 23:57   Link #87
Same_Shark

Maybe it's harvesting energy or something from Mikoto and Mashiro, and Masters in general?
Old 2007-02-27, 01:25   Link #88
y063banana71
kris

Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermer View Post
In the actual series, they said Mikoto was a pure otome, the last one. Wonder if that has something to do with it.
I thought they said she was the last HiME? hence the HiME sign they showed on her back. But I also wonder if it has something to do with it after all... why DID the black valley disappear?
Old 2007-02-27, 02:38   Link #89
JayF

Ishigami got screwed over by Tomoe, and not in the way he'd like too. Guess nobody told him she's a psycho lesbian with a liking for other former lesbian stalkers.
Old 2007-02-27, 03:01   Link #90
ThoHell

WOW, I didn't recognize Nina at all. She looks so differently with her hair down like that.

I'm like the OVA's so far, but the wait time between OVA's is so long ~_~
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
Old 2007-02-27, 03:18   Link #91
gashunum

One thing I'm still doubting is why the dark otome didn't petrify mai/arika while they're in their otome form
Old 2007-02-27, 03:35   Link #92
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrielMatt View Post
Haruka don't fail a word? Unpossible!!!

Spoiler:
And MIYU is also not an otome and not even a human being.
Old 2007-02-27, 03:55   Link #93
Morganchan
Gero?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrielMatt View Post
Haruka don't fail a word? Unpossible!!!

Spoiler:
Perhaps it only works on certain substances? Ergo...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-27, 05:17   Link #94
UrielMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganchan View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-27, 06:33   Link #95
y063banana71
kris

Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
I just noticed this, and it could just be me reading too much into it... But right when Fumi is inches from Sara there are golden feathers. I know Fumi has black wings, it might be a trick of the light but it might be a link...?
Although it doesnt really make sense so I guess it's nothing...
Old 2007-02-27, 06:46   Link #96
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum View Post
One thing I'm still doubting is why the dark otome didn't petrify mai/arika while they're in their otome form
I can only guess is that Shadow didn't need Arika since she was in her weaker form. Mai has contract with Mikoto so cause of that fact Shadow didn't try. This just my guess who know why it didn't.
Old 2007-02-27, 07:14   Link #97
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
And MIYU is also not an otome and not even a human being.
MIYU being an android, we can asume that she is filled to the brink with nanomachines.
Old 2007-02-27, 07:20   Link #98
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Overall - a huge disappointment. I have no idea how they are going to cramp this in to 4 eps, because plot progression was almost minuscule. Half of the ep was wasted on some pointless stuff, and while i did enjoy the action scenes, most of the time there was a voice going "wtf is this" at the back of my head. Bleh. 6/10
Old 2007-02-27, 09:49   Link #99
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Plot wise it's disappointing, and I agree that with only two more installments remaining, the writers would have no choice but to rush the plot after bringing this trouble for themselves.

On the other hand, I still find myself enjoying this episode purely for the comedy and for the side characters to shine. Especially the Haruka x Yukino pairing. The comedy was building itself when Haruka was seen sneaking on her way to the busjacking scene after Yukino was briefed about the "Silent Sea" mission. Everyone was quietly making their move, then in comes Haruka with her loudspeaker. LOL

Tanaka Rie is still as impeccable as the psycho Tomoe, while Miki Shinichiro had a good cameo reprising his role as Ishigami.

We also get to see more Sara coolness, as her appearance was just too brief in the anime.

It was fun while it lasted.
Old 2007-02-27, 15:27   Link #100
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Who else other than me thinks the infected-Otome are cool?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Closed Thread