AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 07:02   Link #101
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

No Mamiko Noto? DAMN!!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 12:23   Link #102
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

@Dragoonkain3: Rewatch your Kanon Prelude then. The avi is taken directly from the TV OP which is on that disk which also neatly references the game OP. Yeah, I wish I could have bought that Clannad disk too. It came in 3 different designs. I wanted the Nagisa version.

I don't think that this is worth crying over period. There are more important things to worry about than possible spoilers on a teaser disk which by definition will contain spoilers to satisfy the fans and give mainstream a hint as to what's it about. The outcome of the story wasn't told. So, an even bigger atomic bomb probably awaits the movie goers then imo. Kind of makes this very interesting imo.
Old 2007-05-01, 13:32   Link #103
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm thinking that one option for people who want to see the trailer but not get spoiled (and don't know Japanese) could be to watch the raw.
Old 2007-05-01, 13:39   Link #104
orion

I think that it is impossible not to be spoiled about this title. Air is licensed for R1. People want Kanon now more than ever. This title is prob going to be advertised out the wazoo too. I'd be totally shocked if Newtype USA does not run loads of features about this one.

But your suggestion is the best one, FPB.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:03   Link #105
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I'm thinking that one option for people who want to see the trailer but not get spoiled (and don't know Japanese) could be to watch the raw.
I would suggest avoiding even that Seriously, the images speak very loudly for themselves, even if you don't understand what is being said, imo.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:14   Link #106
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@orion
Be more specific next time. Just saying 'Kanon prelude' would mean to most animesuki people that it's the prelude itself (you know, the 3 min. one), rather than the disk.

But that's neither here or there. Fact of the matter is, Clannad teaser contains huge spoilers that it can't be compared to any of the preludes. This is because the spoilers are in the script itself (which when watching subs, is the item that the audience is primarily focused on) rather than just plainly shown of which can mean a million different things, or just skipped over by the viewer.

And finally, the purpose of me posting, as I have said before, is not to whine about being spoiled. (I find it's fruitless to complain about it, because no amount of ranting would undo what's already been done) It's solely to inform people of the situation; that 'teaser' is really an understatement when describing the video, and that the source of the teaser is geared towards those who have already played the game. Yeah sure, there might be a bigger twist/bomb down the road, but that's not the point; there's a lot of people who'd rather see the movie/series totally clueless as to what would happen to any and all of the scenes.

To a lot of people, the journey itself is much more meaningful than the outcome.

@FPB
I totally agree. The images show absolutely diddly squat, well at least to someone who hasn't played the game before.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 14:15   Link #107
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I would suggest avoiding even that Seriously, the images speak very loudly for themselves, even if you don't understand what is being said, imo.
It only seemed spoilerish to me because I knew what was happening with certain scenes and I readily understood about half of what was said. If you don't know what's going on and you don't understand anything that's said, you may be okay.

Disclaimer: Don't hunt me down if you take my suggestion and still get spoiled. 'Your mileage may vary' and all that.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:18   Link #108
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@FPB
I totally agree. The images show absolutely diddly squat, well at least to someone who hasn't played the game before.
Never played the game (and wouldn't be able to even if i wanted to ), and i consider the images quite spoilerish. (Heck, the tone of voice can give things away as well, even if you don't understand what is being said).
Old 2007-05-01, 16:24   Link #109
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Better safe than sorry, IMO. There's people (like me) who wishes that they can unwatch the teaser, and as such am glad TWH/Sprocket is addressing the issue (though IMO a second version is in order, even if all whats changed was the title to indicate there's spoilers, because theres a lot of people dls the torrent directly and never see the scarywater page, ex. tokyotosho).
A second version is not in order. WYSIWYG. When we translate, we translate what is there. What you're asking is for us to "rewrite" the story.

Of course though, a spoiler warning might be nice, but... meh. It's not enough to justify a v2 as it is. Maybe if you gather a lot of supporters that really demand it, but by the time you do that, will it be worth the trouble? :S
Old 2007-05-01, 21:57   Link #110
orion

I don't think that it's worth the trouble either.

The tokyotosho dl'ers had 3 different Clannad special disk group torrents to choose from (1 raw, 1 Chinese and 1 English). The English version being the most recent torrent. I'm actually a tokyotosho downloader by the way. That's why I find this current thread complaining of spoilers interesting. If it was really that big of a deal, more people would complain.

No offense, but sometimes I think that people react too much to possible spoilers.

Of course, I could give examples of major spoilers from Spring titles that you know within 3 minutes of watching the first episode. I bet it's a new trend

Last edited by orion; 2007-05-01 at 22:09.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 23:32   Link #111
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
The way Nagisa and Tomoya meet looks different even with the added scarf.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 15:35   Link #112
Willy@m

Send a message via MSN to Willy@m
Willy@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 16:04   Link #113
FireChick

Hmmm...doesn't Tomoya look alot like Len from La Corda D'Oro?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 12:15   Link #114
Willy@m

Old 2007-06-29, 07:58   Link #115
Willy@m

New look for CLANNAD Movie site

http://www.clannad-movie.jp/
Old 2007-07-02, 16:32   Link #116
velocity7

Old 2007-07-05, 08:48   Link #117
velocity7

New pictures have shown up at the CLANNAD Movie site, featuring sketches and the like.
Old 2007-07-07, 21:08   Link #118
velocity7

Also up at CLANNAD Movie site:

http://www.animate.tv/asx/p07060042_0wo3_nb.asx

A remix of Mag Mell called the frequency-e version, sung by eufonius rather than riya. My bet's this will be used rather than the original mix.
Old 2007-07-07, 23:59   Link #119
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
From the looks of it Kotomi and Fuko will be excluded from the movie. I wonder if they will make some kind of cameo apperance...
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 00:56   Link #120
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Fuko will be excluded from the movie.
They wouldn't dare.

I'll get my torch and pitchfork, though - just in case.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, movie, romance, school life, seinen, toei