AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-24, 13:52   Link #101
kauldron26
Med Student
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HyugaNeji- View Post
Man..Sasuke and Naruto will sooner or later be friends again and they will acknoledge each other. It's so obvious. Thats what the whole story is about.
Actually i doubt this very, very much. Sasuke is definitely going to die somewhere along the line. And the moments b4 his death is when he will have an epiphany about his friendship with kakashi, sakura, and Naruto. He'll prolly die protecting Naruto from the Akatsuki leader or itachi. And then Naruto will go insane, and end up destroying the akatsuki leader. And lord knows the leader is meant to fight Naruto, and with the whole mystery of the fourth hokage... one must assume both are somehow related.
__________________
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 14:53   Link #102
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
As stupid as it may sound....could this leader actually be a women? (such as Naruto's mother? Uncle/Aunty?)

Also can someone explain me this:
- Why didnt Itachi & Kisame captured Naruto when they had the chance?
- Why did Itachi say something like; Naruto isnt ready yet? or a threat yet...
- Orochimaru: "I didnt expect him to be this strong...if there ever is a chance to kill him....now is the time!" - Sannin Battle

Why does Naruto need to be strong in order to be a danger? To Akatsuki and Orochimaru?

Isnt it foolish? Is Akatsuki attacking the stronger Jinchuuriki's and waiting till the weak jinchuuriki's are becoming too strong or strong enough to be able to wound or kill a member?

Chiyoobaa said something like...they need to prepare for such Rituals...which would make sense....but then 3 demons got captured very fast (within 5/6 months...making me think. "What preparation?" Why wait?
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 15:16   Link #103
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
As stupid as it may sound....could this leader actually be a women? (such as Naruto's mother? Uncle/Aunty?)
I think the AS leader has a masculine facial profile. I doubt that it is a woman.

Quote:
Also can someone explain me this:
- Why didnt Itachi & Kisame captured Naruto when they had the chance?
When they were fighting Itachi used Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and then used Amertarasu to escape Jiraiya's jutsu, which exhausted him.

Even still Kisame himself asked Itachi why they were fleeing, implying that they could have done more to apprehend Naruto.

It could be a combo of Itachi not wanting to fight in his condition, Naruto not being ready for the bijuu extracion or both.

Quote:
- Why did Itachi say something like; Naruto isnt ready yet? or a threat yet...
I don't think that was adequetely explained either. If they did it because they weren't ready to extract bijuu's why did they come to the village in the first place?

Kisame proposed to cut off Naruto's limbs so he would not be a problem on the way back which would indicate that they planned to take him with them.

Quote:
- Orochimaru: "I didnt expect him to be this strong...if there ever is a chance to kill him....now is the time!" - Sannin Battle

Why does Naruto need to be strong in order to be a danger? To Akatsuki and Orochimaru?
I thought it was also odd that Orochimaru would be concerned with Naruto skills.

It's not as if him becoming a skilled ninja benefits Akatsuki (or does it?).



Quote:
Isnt it foolish? Is Akatsuki attacking the stronger Jinchuuriki's and waiting till the weak jinchuuriki's are becoming too strong or strong enough to be able to wound or kill a member?
It's possible that they need the jinchuuriki to be strong enough to withstand that horrible ritual that we saw done to Gaara.

That's the only thing I can think of. I doubt the strength of the jinchuuriki strengthens the bijuu inside of them.

Quote:
Chiyoobaa said something like...they need to prepare for such Rituals...which would make sense....but then 3 demons got captured very fast (within 5/6 months...making me think. "What preparation?" Why wait?
I guess they are ready now. In Kakashi and Chiyoba's conversation she said that Akatsuki had not attempted to capture Naruto at the time because they needed to make preperations for extracting the bijuu.

If the 2.5 - 3 year time limit is up it seems that they are ready to get them all at the same time.
__________________
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 16:00   Link #104
Sasuke_Bateman
No
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Save Micheal Jackson

I love Sasuke, i think he's awesome but dammit Sasuke!! Don't kill Oro just yet!!
__________________
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 16:55   Link #105
Ori
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
Actually i doubt this very, very much. Sasuke is definitely going to die somewhere along the line. And the moments b4 his death is when he will have an epiphany about his friendship with kakashi, sakura, and Naruto. He'll prolly die protecting Naruto from the Akatsuki leader or itachi. And then Naruto will go insane, and end up destroying the akatsuki leader. And lord knows the leader is meant to fight Naruto, and with the whole mystery of the fourth hokage... one must assume both are somehow related.
Somehow I don't think so. Firstly, the author is not very good at killing the younger generation. Secondly, if Sasuke dies, history repeats itself. I don't think an uplifting story like Naruto would allow that to happen.
__________________

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:13   Link #106
Antonik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard View Post
I don't know what will happen, but there are two possible scenarios:

- Sasuke kills Oro - this means Kishimoto will rush the manga to its end, so the anime and manga end at the same time.

- Oro+Kabuto defeat Sasuke and Kabuto puts Sasuke in hibernation - the manga will be better and it won't end stupidly early.

I am really concerned about this manga, since Kishimoto has showing us hints that he might end it quickly and senseless. These hints are:

- Naruto obtaining Kage level in a week
- Akatuski members getting killed quickly
- Sasuke attacking Oro

I hope Kishimoto doesn't screw this up.
I think he already destroyed the story, the fights and story just seem so uninspired to me.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:29   Link #107
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
Well Sasuke is a genius but Naruto is a clumsy idiot.
-So what? Morons have been know to succeed where geniuses have failed. While Kakashi, who is a genius, failed to kill (or rather didn't get a chance to finish him on his own) Kakuzu the 1st chance he got Naruto, who is a clumsy idiot, suceeded on his 2nd attack. But I suppose questioning Sasuke's abilities against Kakuzu wouldn't prove a thing since those 2 characters never fought to begin with...
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2007-02-24 at 19:07.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:39   Link #108
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Get better Syaoran!

Read the manga. It looks like Oro will be taking Sasuke's body now and Naruto wont be able to save him. If we've learned something watching manga is that the bad guy always sleezes his way out of the first kill attempt. Sasuke is done for. No way Oro will let this slide.

As for the Sasuke development, I also think its overhyping on Oros part. Most likely they didnt have time to show much of Sasukes development so they showed him with a ton of gimpy ninjas around him, and had Oro say he's uber. Yamamoto also overhyped Naruto though so its not something new.

Overhyped Naruto?! I bet you are all thinking: What are you smoking? Didnt you see that bomb of a jutsu? Are you crazay?! Let me remind you that the 4-tailed jutsu is equally if not more impressive AND it was shot/thrown at the enemy. Unlike this nerfed version which I might add, he cant use w/o hurting himself. Im not impressed. He just got a jutsu he shouldve already had post skip.

Im equally not impressed with sasuke. The 40-60 beat up nins may look impressive, but Im betting its not. There's no way he's even close to Oro and therefore not close to itachi.

That said, Naruto & Sasuke are probably in Kakashi's power range with Naruto being the stronger of the two. Naruto would be much stronger if he'd accept the Kyuubi (if it doesnt betray him), but Kish decided to go with the "my own power" crap. Now if youll excuse me, the "my own power" crap just made me hurl. Im off to clean up.
__________________

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 18:55   Link #109
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Well those ninja's seemed like mere random "old genin lvl" shinobi.
And with Naruto as it is now and even in Kyuubi mode....he could easily do the same...

And it's not like it's an amazing ability to do...i cant see him (Sasuke) or anyone do this with Konoha Shinobi...
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 19:18   Link #110
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
That said, Naruto & Sasuke are probably in Kakashi's power range with Naruto being the stronger of the two. Naruto would be much stronger if he'd accept the Kyuubi (if it doesnt betray him), but Kish decided to go with the "my own power" crap. Now if youll excuse me, the "my own power" crap just made me hurl. Im off to clean up.
-Of course Naruto would be better off if he did that but things just are not built that way. Apparently most people consider that power a "cheat" device that achieves results in an effortless manner. So Kishimoto made Naruto rely on his own strenght but by doing so made him an even bigger moron...
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 21:46   Link #111
Syndicate
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
what i love is that all the narutotards think sasuke is weak and then you see an manga chapter like this just sweet.

SO well i geuss i can boast how badass sasuke was all along confirmed by the strongest sannin.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 21:50   Link #112
kheldorin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Of course Naruto would be better off if he did that but things just are not built that way. Apparently most people consider that power a "cheat" device that achieves results in an effortless manner. So Kishimoto made Naruto rely on his own strenght but by doing so made him an even bigger moron...
I don't think Naruto would be better off. If he can control it fully, sure, but he can't. He will end up hurting his friends as he had done when he accidentally injured Sakura. That also means that someone like Yamato has to constantly 'babysit' him. It's ok if its a 1-on-1 scenario but if it's in teams or if he is fighting in a village, the destructive force of the Kyuubi would make villagers fear him all over again. It's a great force for a villain to have but definitely not practical for a good guy. Besides, I'd rather Naruto win in a ninja-like manner rather than through sheer force. Diversity in the range of fighting techniques is also good.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 22:51   Link #113
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
So looks like we finally get to see what Sasuke is capable of!

Next chapter I hope Sasuke and Oro really fight, (trade blows) I hope Oro does not pull any curse seal crap and pwn Sasuke.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 23:04   Link #114
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 32
what is different between sasuke and naruto beating 1000bla bla ninja is that sasuke can do it by not killing them and not having any scratch on him and can walk away from the area...what naruto can do is kill em all in kyubified 4 tail mode...and after that he wont be able to walk around with his happy ramen face...even remember what happened and need yamato to be settled down. and also while he is killing all those ninjas he hurt himself in a very bad way...think about it sasuke as only genin took out narutos tajuu kage bunshins...1000bla bla ninja vs 1000bla bla naruto clone is not equal...

i hate to say this and i am not a sasukefan altough naruto got the nuke jutsu sasuke is better at the moment i think...
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 23:51   Link #115
ShikaShika
無罪
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: もう東京ではない
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
This is seriously HS but anyways ^^

So what about と思いした // と言いました // と書きました // と聞きました... ??
That's completely different grammar. That's と used as citation whereas in the sentence it was used as A と B meaning basically "If/when A, then B".

If you search google for the enitire sentence or just up to the part with と I think you'll get fewer hits. Remember I said it didn't make sence because whatever came after と had to be in past tense?

Edit: Sorry, we were talking about different とs...

Last edited by ShikaShika; 2007-02-25 at 00:01.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 03:19   Link #116
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
For everyone that thinks Sasuke can beat Oro............. I agree with you, however Oro IMO will win in the end.

First Oro was getting owned by 4th tail Naruto, I mean sure he was laughing the whole time but Naruto was just literally tearing Oro apart. Sasuke is just as powerful and much smarter than a tailed Naruto. Plus the fact that Oro is in bad shape now, with his body breaking rejecting him, and that Sauke completely has the jump on him.

But I think we'll see 203 chapters of Sasuke kicking Oro's ass, then Oro will turn the tables on Sasuke and use the cursed seal as a leash and stop all of Sasuke's actions. Then comment on how he is now stronger than him, but that all his power was from Oro to start with, and whatever he can give, he can take away just as easily.

Then Oro tells Kabuto to get ready for the body transfer jutsu, and to take extra care since he wants everything to go right. He'll set a silly plot induced deadline for team 7 to get there and save him.


PS anyone feel it was kind of random for 1000 ninjas to just show up for no reason? I mean are we just to assume that they are there to kill Oro? Just seems really random to me, and a not so subtle way to show how good Sasue is.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 03:58   Link #117
ShikaShika
無罪
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: もう東京ではない
Age: 33
Here's what I think.
  • Sasuke will not be able to finish off Orochimaru
  • Kabuto will aid Orochimaru in the fight
  • Orochimaru and Kabuto will not be able to stop Sasuke from leaving

First of all, I do not see Naruto & Co rescuing Sasuke at all. The manga shows them both walking their own paths, obtaining power, most likely to clash again somewhere in the future. Furthermore, Kishimoto just made a big deal about Sasuke and that he was still on top of Naruto. Having them rescue him would just be weird, with respect to how the storyline has been going recently... And since Orochimaru is going to take over Sasuke's body, there's nowhere the story can go if Sasuke stays, so it's obvious he's going to leave.

Before he leaves though, I don't see him beating Orochimaru. Orochimaru is such a pivotal character in the plot that, even if he does eventually get killed by Sasuke, he just can't go out in one fell plot twist like this. Here I think Kabuto will play his part and help out his master (he's had waaaay to many opportunities to backstab Orochimaru to be a traitor). The look Kabuto gave this chapter I can only conclude meant he could sense Sasuke's intentions, and I wouldn't be suprised if him interveining would be the last page of next chapter.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 03:59   Link #118
S_C_L-1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: in the whereabouts of Montreal, Quebec
Age: 26
Quote:
But I think we'll see 203 chapters of Sasuke kicking Oro's ass, then Oro will turn the tables on Sasuke and use the cursed seal as a leash and stop all of Sasuke's actions. Then comment on how he is now stronger than him, but that all his power was from Oro to start with, and whatever he can give, he can take away just as easily.

Then Oro tells Kabuto to get ready for the body transfer jutsu, and to take extra care since he wants everything to go right. He'll set a silly plot induced deadline for team 7 to get there and save him.
Or he ramps everything up towards that and then lowers the bar at the last minute wasting all the development and hype he built up.

Quote:
PS anyone feel it was kind of random for 1000 ninjas to just show up for no reason? I mean are we just to assume that they are there to kill Oro? Just seems really random to me, and a not so subtle way to show how good Sasue is.
This is true...
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 04:30   Link #119
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
what i love is that all the narutotards think sasuke is weak and then you see an manga chapter like this just sweet.

SO well i geuss i can boast how badass sasuke was all along confirmed by the strongest sannin.
When Sasuke defeats an Akatsuki ninja, completes a jutsu that not even the 4th could complete (or maybe Orochimaru), and has a ninja with the MS tell him that he's on the level or surpassed him, then he's a badass. Beating a 1000 ninja just doesn't seem that impressive. Naruto showed his skill was quality, Sasuke showed his skill with quantity. I agree Sasuke is pretty badass, but Naruto has been much more impressive so far.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 05:43   Link #120
Syndicate
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
who are you to say that beating 1000 isnt impressive

who are you to know whether or not sasuke has more potential then oro had at his age.

Those are the facts and you can's state other then your opinion i only confirm these facts and here you come with a butthurt argument. Defeating an akatsuki member doesn't show whether he is badass or not oro didnt beat an akatsuki yet he is stilll badass.

Having mangekyou is extra ability doesnt mean you are badass or not how you figt make use of your skill does. If kakashi didnt have his mangekyou he still would be badass. so what is your argument now?

Problem with your post is that you try to compare sasuke to something else or things which someone else did which is nonsense someone doenst need to be badass when he did which someone else did since they are completely different i hope your able to understand that simple fact. There are skills sasuke has and naruto doesnt doesnt mean that proves naruto is less.

BTW if you want to discuss this further with me talk in naruto without kyubbi section or whatever cuz. difference between naruto and sasuke is their talent as ninja's where sasuke has and naruto doenst. Sasuke has been able to do average simple stuff (ninja sense) These thing makes whether or not someone can be called on skill & aility. naruto hasnt he had to learn them over and over again. Sasuke is regarded talented by everyone around him even naruto. I dont know why oro would be interested in sasuke if his skill was not shown in quality tell me how sasuke's skill wasnt shown in quality. Fact is you have it the other way around. The "effectiveness and use " of sasuke's skill is better then that of naruto since he doenst have a infinite chakra source making he needs to make good use of his skills. Where as naruto wastes his skills over over again to take down an enemy while being hit in the process.

That makes a ninja. For example when they where looking for the bug hinata shino and kiba all are able to notice there is someone watching them. naruto on the other hand isnt. Is that what you call on same lvl as sasuke?

Further more talking in depth about sasuke skills only show quality is such a laughable argument without any backup that im not even gonna go into that. The author proves and says in this chapter that sasuke is indeed a great ninja and here your proving my 1st post(QOUTE : what i love is that all the narutotards think sasuke is weak) in this topic saying he isnt.

Goodgame^^
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.