AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-17, 13:37   Link #2281
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
@AKnightWhoSaysNi! - a few pages earlier in this topic there was lots of speculations about Minato orgins. There are 2 suspect for beeing his father (Minaka and Takehito), also there are some hints that Minato and his sister may not be (fully) humans, just another MBI experiment.
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 14:11   Link #2282
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Yeah some of them were kinda my ideas XD

Well Kazehana pointed kinda on Minaka from her reaction.... but than it would point on how bad parent Minaka was.... he made a kid to Takami and what he didnt noticed that.... kinda strange..

I was wondering why Takami took Minato and Yukari so far away from city to country side... to their grandmother.... did takami wanted to hide them from some people and Minaka.... or was it that she didnt had time to watch over them.... well she could buy an apartment and have her kids clsoe to her work place yet she didnt do that... she moved them away.

About Minaka well there is a question why did he choiced Takami.... like he mentioned he was exited to see so many naked girls walking out of the space ship so what he didnt liked those girls or what...

Minaka klinda doesnt act like a parent... he is a maniac and a workoholic ^^ besides sekirei plan he doesnt notice other things around....

Takami doesnt act like a marriage partner of Minaka... she said that Kagari can kill him as many times he wants.... that are kidna harsh words for a woman that brought kids to the world with that guy >_< (besides naruto's eye shape is differnet from Takamis and Minakas [he has more round ones... while takami and minaka have small and sharp eye shape... and normaly kids have traits after their parents so yeah its strange]


Why Takehito... well like we saw on many pages... he was working with Takami... so 2scientists in one room for most of the day... something could spark between him and Takami.... but now he died and Takami took her and his children (minato and yukari) away to hide them from the people that killed Takehito... even Miya at first chapters mentioned that minato kinda resambles Takehito when he was in his jump suit... (besides takehito had good heart for sekirei's and his eye shape is big and round like Minato's)

And the last idea was that Minato and maybe Yukari were created in an experiment of MBI... like they found sekirei's and awsome technology and tryed to create new humans.... better ones.... they were born but maybe didnt showed much of improvements that they were expecting after fuseing sekirei and human DNA.... and so maybe they wanted to dispose of them.... but here Takami jumped in and took the kids as her own and hided them at the country side....

Well Higa mentioned that Yukari is way more valuable than those sekirei's or junkis.... why is she so valuable... is it becouse she is daughter of the MBI heads... or he knows about them beign improved humans (adjusted humans) that's why they are way more valuable...... time will show...

but well Minato is winging kinda like all first numbers...and he is unusually weak psyhicaly... its like he was created from DNA of a single number and so he reacts to other single numbers more... hard to say.......

But Takami kinda had too good figure after giving birth :P and she doesnt act much like mother....lieing to her own kids... pushing them away to grandmother house and not keeping them close.... and not telling about their father... kinda strange indead ^^

Time will show but we can guess it will be a huge shock on Minato...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 14:54   Link #2283
hellraiser85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Minato, you IDIOT!

Spoiler for Why Minato is an idiot:
the reason minato refused to ally with higa is that he can't figure higa's true motives from his speech and later he tells his sekirei that he simply can't get along with someone who said that he doesn't need sekirei that don't listen to orders
hellraiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 15:35   Link #2284
Direwolf18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Minaka klinda doesnt act like a parent... he is a maniac and a workoholic ^^ besides sekirei plan he doesnt notice other things around....

Takami doesnt act like a marriage partner of Minaka... she said that Kagari can kill him as many times he wants.... that are kidna harsh words for a woman that brought kids to the world with that guy >_<
While I am entirely open to the idea that Minaka is not Minato's father, just need to point this out.

I have personally met people that met this description, fathers so busy with work, or their new girlfriend, or whatever, that they really just don't give a crap about their kids.

Also for the second bit, there is a reason that when their is a murder, the very first person the police look at is the spouse.
Direwolf18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 15:47   Link #2285
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Note: "Loving your father" is not a valid reason for being complacent in something like this either.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser85 View Post
the reason minato refused to ally with higa is that he can't figure higa's true motives from his speech and later he tells his sekirei that he simply can't get along with someone who said that he doesn't need sekirei that don't listen to orders
Lousy reasons. If you can't figure out someone's true motives from their introductory speech, then you ask questions until you have an idea of their motives. Not getting along with people just because they do what they have to to keep their Sekirei in line? Did Minato forget that Higa's Sekirei was going to attack Minato's before Higa made her stand down?

If Minato doesn't start showing some intelligence and actual courage soon, I'm going to have to start thinking of Higa as the hero. Higa's already in Anti-Villain (does bad stuff but has a good point) territory as far as I'm concerned.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 16:02   Link #2286
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Agreed.



Lousy reasons. If you can't figure out someone's true motives from their introductory speech, then you ask questions until you have an idea of their motives. Not getting along with people just because they do what they have to to keep their Sekirei in line? Did Minato forget that Higa's Sekirei was going to attack Minato's before Higa made her stand down?

If Minato doesn't start showing some intelligence and actual courage soon, I'm going to have to start thinking of Higa as the hero. Higa's already in Anti-Villain (does bad stuff but has a good point) territory as far as I'm concerned.
Cant agree with you ^^ Minato is smart enought to know that if the motives are unknown than dont play in that game with him..... since in the process he might lose all his sekirei and that would destroy minato for good.... what if Higa said... you go and defeat karasuba..... thre is no way he would defeat her right now....

Minato is not like Higa.... Minato cares for his sekirei and doesnt treat them like tools,animals to make them listen to every command like robots... Higa treats sekirei like tools nothing more.... while minato treats them like humans,friends,most important people to him which he loves... they have huge bond and loseing even 1of them would be very painfull for minato...

Like musubi said at the beggining.... to be gentle is the hardest thing... and there is not strenght without gentlesness... about that higa girl that wanted to attack.... she is rather small fry now... musubi ,tsukiumi and kagari are way more stronger....

anyway all minatos sekirei thing the same way like minato... so since musubi and tsukiumi were sticking to minato means that they agree with minatos way of thinking ^^

So I porsonaly think minato was the smart one here.... since he wont jump into something not knowing what is bellow ^^ and since Higa's motives are not known... and the fact that he took Yukari to a prison like room and keep her captured... makes him still a bad guy (if he was a good guy he wouldnt keep yukari in his apartment prisoned...he took away her free will from her righ now...not able to do what she wants to do... no way to contact minato or call help)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 16:27   Link #2287
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Agreed.



Lousy reasons. If you can't figure out someone's true motives from their introductory speech, then you ask questions until you have an idea of their motives. Not getting along with people just because they do what they have to to keep their Sekirei in line? Did Minato forget that Higa's Sekirei was going to attack Minato's before Higa made her stand down?

If Minato doesn't start showing some intelligence and actual courage soon, I'm going to have to start thinking of Higa as the hero. Higa's already in Anti-Villain (does bad stuff but has a good point) territory as far as I'm concerned.
Like zibi says Minato is playing it smart cause you can't honestly think he can barrage Higa with questions given their current situation now do you?

If anything to get answers Minato would probably have to join with Higa and even then I don't Higa would give it all straight away now. Better to not play any part at all if you don't have a clue whats going on.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 17:11   Link #2288
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
It's not like Minato is in a weak position anyway. He has enough time to consult with the rest of his Sekirei, Seo, Miya and get Matsu to try to do some hacking for more information before making any alliances.

In the long run, he obviously made the best decision since he doesn't know Yukari is being held hostage by Higa. Once he finds out, any alliance would be over anyway. This way, he won't have to suffer any damage that may be caused by "honoring" the alliance.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 17:24   Link #2289
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Cant agree with you ^^ Minato is smart enought to know that if the motives are unknown than dont play in that game with him..... since in the process he might lose all his sekirei and that would destroy minato for good.... what if Higa said... you go and defeat karasuba..... thre is no way he would defeat her right now....
Gee, when did anyone say that working with someone meant losing free will? I don't think anyone here said that. So about Higa telling Minato to go after Karasuba, in that situation Minato would be free to tell Higa to screw off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Minato is not like Higa.... Minato cares for his sekirei and doesnt treat them like tools,animals to make them listen to every command like robots... Higa treats sekirei like tools nothing more.... while minato treats them like humans,friends,most important people to him which he loves... they have huge bond and loseing even 1of them would be very painfull for minato...
You do realize that Minaka's plan says that only the last Sekirei will get the reward, right? Not the last Ashikabi and his/her team of Sekirei, but the last Sekirei. Following Minaka's plan means losing at least five of Minato's Sekirei. If Higa thinks he has a way around that, it's worth listening to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Like musubi said at the beggining.... to be gentle is the hardest thing... and there is not strenght without gentlesness... about that higa girl that wanted to attack.... she is rather small fry now... musubi ,tsukiumi and kagari are way more stronger....
I don't recall Minato's Sekirei steamrolling over Higa's when they fought. As I recall, the battle ended when Minato winged Kagari, not when Higa's were defeated. There's no reason to just assume that Higa's are small fry next to Minato's. Even Tsukiumi and Kagari being single numbers doesn't mean anything since the whole "single numbers are dangerous" idea came from the first five, not the rest (I know, Yume was definitely up there, but she could be an outlier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
anyway all minatos sekirei thing the same way like minato... so since musubi and tsukiumi were sticking to minato means that they agree with minatos way of thinking ^^
Meaningless. Just because you can get people to agree with you doesn't mean you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
So I porsonaly think minato was the smart one here.... since he wont jump into something not knowing what is bellow ^^ and since Higa's motives are not known... and the fact that he took Yukari to a prison like room and keep her captured... makes him still a bad guy (if he was a good guy he wouldnt keep yukari in his apartment prisoned...he took away her free will from her righ now...not able to do what she wants to do... no way to contact minato or call help)
Minato has no way to know any of that. Minato does know that Minaka has created a game that turns people into his toys, taken over the capitol of Japan with his own private army, and personally threatened to do bad stuff to Minato if he tells anyone about the Sekirei Project. This isn't even mentioning that it appears Minaka has approved of murder. Does Higa sound like such a bad guy in comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Like zibi says Minato is playing it smart cause you can't honestly think he can barrage Higa with questions given their current situation now do you?
No, I don't. I do think he could have arranged a trial truce for the duration of the competition (until the forced fight part was announced, anyways) and arranged to ask questions afterward. If nothing else, gain some idea of why Higa thinks he has a chance of overthrowing MBI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
If anything to get answers Minato would probably have to join with Higa and even then I don't Higa would give it all straight away now. Better to not play any part at all if you don't have a clue whats going on.
He could have at least tried to get answers. Better to try to understand circumstances than to blindly reject what is not immediately understood.

Quote:
It's not like Minato is in a weak position anyway. He has enough time to consult with the rest of his Sekirei, Seo, Miya and get Matsu to try to do some hacking for more information before making any alliances.
And if he'd said that he needs time to think about it and consult with his other Sekirei, that would have been a smart decision. From the summary, I got the impression that he flat-out rejected Higa's offer. Is this impression mistaken?

Quote:
In the long run, he obviously made the best decision since he doesn't know Yukari is being held hostage by Higa. Once he finds out, any alliance would be over anyway. This way, he won't have to suffer any damage that may be caused by "honoring" the alliance.
Best decision from an omniscient point of view? Maybe. Best decision from the limited information Minato has? Hell no.

Higa is not a good guy, but if he is the only one who wants to stand against Minaka while Minato waits around and does as he's told, then Higa is the one to cheer for. I don't want to cheer for him, but if Minato doesn't start taking a more proactive stance...
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 08:44   Link #2290
tzia_n
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines, but also in my imaginary world
Age: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
@Sute443

Your replies to Zibi's replies are too long so I'll just skip that

I don't think Minato rejected Higa on the grounds that he tried winging Kagari. If anything, his ground would be that Higa tried to wing Kagari forcefully. You point that winging eventually saved Kagari is moot when it comes to Higa, since Higa has no ability to know of Kagari's situation.

Ultimately, what Minato knew of Higa from his experience is that Higa tried to wing Kagari even against Kagari's wishes, and that should be sufficient grounds to reject an alliance with him given Minato's character.

Or if you don't want, just assume Minato is insecure

On another topic...

tzia_n summons tri-ring for spoilers!
...
...
waits for tri-ring
__________________
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 09:02   Link #2291
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
@Sute443

On another topic...

tzia_n summons tri-ring for spoilers!
...
...
waits for tri-ring
You called?
You'll have to sacrifice a monster card in your hand and wait one turn to do so.

I really don't think there is much to spoil since most of it is already written out.
One thing that has not been mentioned;

Spoiler for Homura's words:
__________________
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 10:54   Link #2292
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
You called?
You'll have to sacrifice a monster card in your hand and wait one turn to do so.

I really don't think there is much to spoil since most of it is already written out.
One thing that has not been mentioned;

Spoiler for Homura's words:
Tri, I think the battle royale already kinda started, according to KMTS.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 14:16   Link #2293
hellraiser85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Tri, I think the battle royale already kinda started, according to KMTS.
no it's different, in the previous 2 matches the three teams had to compete in a kind of treasure hunt and the fastest one would get the jinki;
but this time there's no treasure hunt to do, the jinki will be given (by mbi) to the only team left at the end of the battle royal: basically minaka is using the match as an excuse to have the disciplinary squad punish minato and higa who both disrespected the sekirei plan
hellraiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 07:34   Link #2294
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser85 View Post
no it's different, in the previous 2 matches the three teams had to compete in a kind of treasure hunt and the fastest one would get the jinki;
but this time there's no treasure hunt to do, the jinki will be given (by mbi) to the only team left at the end of the battle royal: basically minaka is using the match as an excuse to have the disciplinary squad punish minato and higa who both disrespected the sekirei plan
But the whole Sekirei plan is pretty much a battle royale when you look at it. Saying that this match is a battle royale is only giving it the unnecessary individualism it needs for it to stand alone as a prime match in Sekirei. When really, there were other matches between Minato and his Sekirei that influenced the latter outcome of the entire plot line.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 08:12   Link #2295
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada, eh?
KMTS is done WHO WILL FEED NI's ADDICTION NOW!? They have my utmost respect and congrats for bringing Sekrei to the English speaking world for this long!
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 09:14   Link #2296
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
KMTS is done WHO WILL FEED NI's ADDICTION NOW!? They have my utmost respect and congrats for bringing Sekrei to the English speaking world for this long!
further there is a information that they wont canel their projects.... and they will continue the work but not as kmts team but "A-team"

so only a matter of time to gather new team....
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 23:55   Link #2297
vanguardian1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Minato, you IDIOT!
Actually, if you remember, Seo said (during the plan for the escape) that :


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seo, kmts translation
And to the East, Higa Izumi.

The number of sekirei they control isn't a joke.

I've met Izumi a couple of times but he's against the 'Sekirei Plan'. So he has a bunch of ashikabi followers.

He might cause a ruckus soon. He's a crafty guy.
Sounds like someone to be wary of, even if minato's sister is removed from the equation.
vanguardian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 08:22   Link #2298
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada, eh?
At the very least "enemy of my enemy" and all that should have factored into it. Choosing between the giant monomaniacal evil or the "might be" evil guy, id say getting all the help you can get would be more important than in depth background checks at this point. There is plenty of time to find out bad he is later, but for now fighting MBI the more the merrier.

Once he finds out about his Sister / Uzume then yes, break it off.
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 09:00   Link #2299
hellraiser85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardian1 View Post
Sounds like someone to be wary of, even if minato's sister is removed from the equation.
yea you are right, and the speech you quoted is exactly what minato recalls at pag 5 ;-)
hellraiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 12:14   Link #2300
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada, eh?
ugh this is more or less exactly what I don't want to start happening. "Well, there's nothing we can do, so looks like we have to play the game!!!" We'll see how he handles it, but in the future I would like to see a bit more initiative on Minato's part... like... not playing the game you are supposed to be breaking.

And okay, turning down the East was stupid. Just stupid. "He has stated a hatred for our common enemy, and requested an alliance, but you know what... he looks kinda shady, and he might be a bad man... nah I'll pass" Okay decent reasoning, but how about we remember who the known bad guy is here, you know... captain evil who brought you here for a death match? "Oh look, his ass-kick squad is here to stomp us... that alliance is sounding kinda good right about now..."

Why do you think the Allies buddied up with the Russians in WW2? Yes Stalin was a huge dick, but Hitler was a MUCH BIGGER DICK. You're in a pretty tight spot here Minato, you can't be choosy about who your allies are.
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.