AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 19:30   Link #2421
Manic
real men love pink

chapters are so short with few releases i forget what the plot is, does this have a plot?
Old 2009-09-20, 00:18   Link #2422
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
chapters are so short with few releases i forget what the plot is, does this have a plot?
Theres a plot there just at this point its building up a little bit slower than one would like but I'm totally fine, all good as long as I get my Tsukiumi-swan
Old 2009-09-20, 10:47   Link #2423
Manic
real men love pink

i know i was being sarcastic cus it is progressing so slow
Old 2009-09-20, 11:16   Link #2424
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Quote:
i know i was being sarcastic cus it is progressing so slow
Please give the author a break, most manga authors are not fit for a weekly installment and goes down with a nervous breakdown like the author of HunterXHunter or just loses interest(artistic muse) like Toriyama Akira.(or both)
The other route would be like D Greyman and become a monthly which I do not prefer.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:18   Link #2425
kakakka

Sekirei is kind of slow, but it's not like every chapter is being wasted or anything. So I don't think this manga is derailing from plot, or going to no-plot story. It's just have slow release.

Off topic but...HunterXHunter's author had a nervous breakdown? I thought he lose interest...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 11:34   Link #2426
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Sekirei is kind of slow, but it's not like every chapter is being wasted or anything. So I don't think this manga is derailing from plot, or going to no-plot story. It's just have slow release.

Off topic but...HunterXHunter's author had a nervous breakdown? I thought he lose interest...
In a way both, Togashi is/was very vocal about his discern against the "Jump" system with the (publishing)editors trying to meddle with the storyline forcefully trying to prolong the series.(and cut short when it is not recognized by the readers)
He was under considerable pressure due to his contract and was not able to write but in some parts he simply lost interest in writing all together.
Old 2009-09-20, 13:44   Link #2427
Manic
real men love pink

i'd rather this be monthly it if meant we'd get 40-50 page chapters. I really hate the 14 page bi monthly releases we get.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:22   Link #2428
Wrath88
Kissing...

Yeah, maybe because the fight is trying to incorporate some element of plot as well, so the mangaka might be at a loss at how to effectively do that.

Just bought a Tsukiumi microfibre towel. She looks lovely in the style of that Yukata special.
Old 2009-09-22, 08:54   Link #2429
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
@tzia n: do you want me to take out the Jupiterjunker parts and just leave the title Sekirei?
Nah, no need. Was just pretty much wondering out loud. In case, anyone has an answer ti it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I guess that is my cue.

Here are spoilers for ch89, Destiny of their vows.

Spoiler for Ch 89 Destiny of their vows:
Sadly the other pics don't load for me anymore... oh well. But Natsuo looking at Minato kinda looks... gay... since Haihane previously mentioned he was gay
Old 2009-09-22, 09:12   Link #2430
zibi88

What I know is that Natsuo says to Minato that sekirei wont kill an ashikabi... but well they might die in an accident or something at the battlefield (like building fallong and squashing flat or something like that for example)

Anyway what Natsuo told to Minato is that if Ashikabi dies than all his sekirei instantly diactivate (like loseing in battle)... kinda like their fates are tied... Minato dies so this sekirei will fall along with him (with the exception taht minato is gone for good while his sekirei are just diactivated)... if minatos sekirei diactivates he suffers and other sekirei of his will feel the suffering too (loseing 1bond and they have a damn deep bond )

Later Baniusa thinks that something is not right with the numbers of Higa's sekirei... but is interrupted with musubis apperance..... ehh baniusa is such a kid (kinda annoying... I would prefer to see and hear more from taht higas Ribbon sekirei that got defeated by kagari than looking on baniusa who thinks is the strongest [becouse of stronger adjustments for disciplinary squad' )

anyway I hope that musubi and baniusa will for little while work together to defeat the 2sekirei of higa than they can go 1v1 but I wonder if musubi will fight her now or she will say that she has to find minato first becouse it was her that lost him and mostly feels the guilt
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 12:09   Link #2431
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Wow ! !
This thread sure was buried deep.
Anyways, it's Sekirei spoiler time.

Spoiler for Ch 90 Ashikabi at center-stage:
Old 2009-10-02, 13:33   Link #2432
zibi88

yeah raw is out and it seems it might be for now 2v2 and 1v1 ^^ I think it might be Musubi+Beniusa vs 2 higa cheat sekirei (beniusa is kinda pissed and unreleases a strong punch...)........ and the 1v1 I think might be Tsukiumi vs Haihane

well kinda like the same squads that were at the bridge.... I guess after the fight with higa's sekirei mubui might fight with beniusa (after they deal with higas sekirei).... and tsukiumi vs haihane

anyway kagari/homura is kinda jobless now XD (at least if higa didnt brought another 3rd sekirei... it would suck if he brought uzume and homura had to fight her) no one to fight (but well he defeated 1sekirei so its ok.... now musubi and tsukiumi work)

anyway it might be an interesting fight becouse higas two sekirei were kinda clsoe fighters just like musubi and beniusa... they seem strong but I guess they might lose (at least till higa wont give each of them noritos since than it woudl suck >__<)

hope the fights soon will be concluded so we can get that jinki and back to some story information discovery ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:38   Link #2433
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Hell Yeah!

Tsukiumi FTMFW!!!

best waifu ever!

I was actually hoping Homura was the one to show up and save Minato but Tsukiumi is just as good
Old 2009-10-02, 19:59   Link #2434
Manic
real men love pink

yeah tsukiumi is fuckin win all the way. Looks like its gonna be bridge arc rematches, which our heroes should win this time since during the bridge arc the dis squad kinda cheated by threatening to kill minato.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:44   Link #2435
Wrath88
Kissing...

VIVA TSUKIUMI!!! Anyone think that Higa might be holding no. 7?
Old 2009-10-03, 01:07   Link #2436
kujoe
from head to heel

Husbands of Tsukiumi..? That would be a pretty disturbing fanclub name.

I sure do hope that she gets the spotlight or central role in this arc. The highlight of the Bridge arc is Musubi with the whole Yume thing, and I'm wondering if we're going to see a continuation of that.

Too bad Kazehana has to be left at the home base, or a.k.a. Izumo Inn. Why would you leave her though? She's arguably one of Minato's most powerful sekirei at the moment. I think a Musubi/Tsukiumi/Kazehana team, or a Musubi/Kazehana/Homura team would've been more effective.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:28   Link #2437
vanguardian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Too bad Kazehana has to be left at the home base, or a.k.a. Izumo Inn. Why would you leave her though? She's arguably one of Minato's most powerful sekirei at the moment. I think a Musubi/Tsukiumi/Kazehana team, or a Musubi/Kazehana/Homura team would've been more effective.
If you've ever played Fire Emblem or several other SRPG's, you know not to use the overpowered units unless you have to, giving your weaker units more combat experience to improve their fighting abilities. The same concept applies here, Kazehana is among the most experienced and strongest of the sekirei, there is little room for her to improve her fighting capacity, whereas Musubi, Tsukiumi and Homura have more to gain from participating in this engagement. It's a plan that makes earlier battles more difficult, but further battles more manageable.
vanguardian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 06:02   Link #2438
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardian1 View Post
If you've ever played Fire Emblem or several other SRPG's, you know not to use the overpowered units unless you have to, giving your weaker units more combat experience to improve their fighting abilities. The same concept applies here, Kazehana is among the most experienced and strongest of the sekirei, there is little room for her to improve her fighting capacity, whereas Musubi, Tsukiumi and Homura have more to gain from participating in this engagement. It's a plan that makes earlier battles more difficult, but further battles more manageable.
I agree almost completely, Musubi and Tsukiumi both have alot of potential but lack experience, but thats why Homura is there, he has alot of experience doing the sekirei guardian thing.
Direwolf18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:11   Link #2439
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
I agree almost completely, Musubi and Tsukiumi both have alot of potential but lack experience, but thats why Homura is there, he has alot of experience doing the sekirei guardian thing.
She! She she she she she she she she!!!

BunBun prepared.. Last chapter, Musubi, this chapter Tsukiumi as cover girl ..

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 17:36   Link #2440
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Did Tsukiumi go on a diet? She's much slimmer in this new chapter(not that I'm complaining).
Musubi's kinda fat imo.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei