AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-04, 03:03   Link #21
Siegel Clyne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Sekirei Favorite Character Poll on AtWiki Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Sekirei Original Drama CD Release in Summer 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Serialized in the seinen magazine Young Gangan, Sekirei is an ecchi manga aimed at young men by Gokurakuin Sakurako, a female manga artist and illustrator better known for her BL (boy's love) / yaoi works (professional and doujin).

Synopsis: Sekirei stars a guy named Minato, a typical Keitaro-grade loser. He's failed college examinations twice. His life changes, however, when he meets Musubi. Unknown to him at the time, Musubi is a Sekirei, a cyborg designed to fight other cyborgs, usually resulting in ecchi situations (ie, ripped clothes.)



Sekirei Vol. 1



Sekirei Vol. 2



Sekirei Vol. 3



Sekirei Vol. 4


According to the Young Gangan Official Site, a Sekirei Original Drama CD is slated to go on sale this summer (2007).

CAST

Character : Voice Actor (Seiyuu)

Sahashi Minato : Tachibana Shinnosuke

Musubi (Sekirei No.88) : Kawasumi Ayako

Tsukiumi (Sekirei No.09) : Tanaka Rie

Kusano (Sekirei No.108) : Tamura Yukari

Matsu (Sekirei No.02) : Matsuoka Yuki

The Sekirei Drama CD was recently released on July 25, 2007 in Japan with a fine seiyuu cast.

A number of people inside and outside Japan feel that Sekirei will be made into an anime series soon.

Sekirei Drama CD Cast


Character : Voice Actor (Seiyuu)

Sahashi Minato : Tachibana Shinnosuke

Musubi (Sekirei No.88) : Kawasumi Ayako

Kusano [Kuu-chan] (Sekirei No.108) : Tamura Yukari

Tsukiumi (Sekirei No.09) : Tanaka Rie

Matsu (Sekirei No.02) : Matsuoka Yuki

Kagari / Homura (Sekirei No.?) : Hirata Hiromi

Uzume (Sekirei No.10) : Kobayashi Yuu

Asama Miya [Ooya] (Sekirei No.01) : Oohara Sayaka

Seo Kaoru : Nakai Kazuya

Hikari (Sekirei No.11) : Kaida Yuuko

Hibiki (Sekirei No.12) : Neya Michiko

Minaka Hiroto : Seki Toshihiko

Narashino (Sekirei No.74) : Takahashi Mikako
[Drama CD original character]

Tsudanuma Osamu : Kawada Shinji
[Drama CD original character]

Sekirei Character Popularity Poll on AtWiki Japan

(Poll Results as of Date and Time of Post Last Edit)


Choices - Votes

Miya [Sekirei No.01] - 27 votes

Matsu [Sekirei No.02] - 223 votes

Kazehana [Sekirei No.03] - 35 votes

Karasuba [Sekirei No.04] - 25 votes

Mutsu [Sekirei No.05] - 4 votes

Yume [Sekirei No.08] - 6 votes

Tsukiumi [Sekirei No.09] - 273 votes 302 votes

Uzume [Sekirei No.10] - 1 vote 2 votes

Hikari [Sekirei No.11] - 51 votes

Hibiki [Sekirei No.12] - 2 votes

Iki [Sekirei No.19] - 1 vote

Mitsuha [Sekirei No.38] - 1 vote

Yomi [Sekirei No.43] - 1 vote

Yashima [Sekirei No.84] - 3 votes

Musubi [Sekirei No.88] - 110 votes

Kuno [Sekirei No.95] - 4 votes

Haihane [Sekirei No.104] - 1 vote

Benitsubasa [Sekirei No.105] - 3 votes

Shiina [Sekirei No.107] - 3 votes 4 votes

Kusano [Sekirei No.108] - 10 votes 11 votes

Homura [Sekirei No.?] - 22 votes

Akitsu [No Sekirei No.] - 1 vote 2 votes

Drama CD original character Narashino [Sekirei No.74], who talks in Kansai-ben (Kansai dialect) - among other things, she uses the honorific suffix "-han" instead of "-san" - is not listed as one of the choices in the poll.

Since the release of the Sekirei drama CD on July 25, 2007, #1 Tsukiumi (273 votes 302 votes) has widened her lead over #2 Matsu (223 votes), followed by #3 Musubi (110 votes).

(At one point earlier this year, I seem to recall, Tsukiumi had between 255 and 260 votes, while Matsu had between 221 and 223 votes.)

Tsukiumi in the Sekirei drama CD reminds me of Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, and Isabella in Soukou no Strain. In addition to all of them being voiced by Tanaka Rie, they all intensely dislike the main heroine in the story - Suigintou hates Shinku, Tomoe hates Arika, Isabella hates Sara, and Tsukiumi (sorta) hates Musubi.

While Suigintou and Tomoe suppress their anger most of the time, Tsukiumi has an extremely short temper and often explodes in fits of rage, yelling and screaming in the unique trademark fashion of Tanaka Rie.

Unlike the evil, crazy, psychopathic villain Tomoe, or the sad, pitiful, one-time villain Suigintou, or the mean, nasty, spiteful bitch Isabella, however, the seemingly always angry Tsukiumi acts tough, but (as someone else elsewhere has noted) is really just an innocent girl wanting to be loved.

In the Sunday, September 30, 2007 entry on her blog, Tanaka Rie indicates that she has landed a lot of regular roles in anime and will announce them later.

Will Tsukiumi in a Sekirei anime series be one of them?



Tsukiumi Figure With Characteristic Tsuntsun Expression On Her Face




Last edited by Siegel Clyne : 2007-10-06 at 03:28. Reason: Added Asama Miya's appellation, "Ooya" ("Landlady"). While others refer to Miya as "Ooya-san," Tsukiumi, who speaks in an archaic manner, calls her "Ooya-dono."

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-10-21 at 16:47. Reason: Updated @wiki Sekirei favorite character poll which shows #1 Tsukiumi substantially widening her lead over #2 Tsukiumi since release of Sekirei drama CD.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 22:40   Link #22
Siegel Clyne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
2007-12-20 - MOON PHASE Miscellaneous Notes: Sekirei Animation Decision?

Sekirei Favorite Character Poll on AtWiki Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Sekirei Drama CD Cast


Character : Voice Actor (Seiyuu)

Sahashi Minato : Tachibana Shinnosuke

Musubi (Sekirei No.88) : Kawasumi Ayako

Kusano [Kuu-chan] (Sekirei No.108) : Tamura Yukari

Tsukiumi (Sekirei No.09) : Tanaka Rie

Matsu (Sekirei No.02) : Matsuoka Yuki

Kagari / Homura (Sekirei No.?) : Hirata Hiromi

Uzume (Sekirei No.10) : Kobayashi Yuu

Asama Miya [Ooya] (Sekirei No.01) : Oohara Sayaka

Seo Kaoru : Nakai Kazuya

Hikari (Sekirei No.11) : Kaida Yuuko

Hibiki (Sekirei No.12) : Neya Michiko

Minaka Hiroto : Seki Toshihiko

Narashino (Sekirei No.74) : Takahashi Mikako
[Drama CD original character]

Tsudanuma Osamu : Kawada Shinji
[Drama CD original character]

Sekirei Character Popularity Poll on AtWiki Japan

(Poll Results as of Date and Time of Post Last Edit)


Choices - Votes

Miya [Sekirei No.01] - 27 votes

Matsu [Sekirei No.02] - 223 votes

Kazehana [Sekirei No.03] - 35 votes

Karasuba [Sekirei No.04] - 25 votes

Mutsu [Sekirei No.05] - 4 votes

Yume [Sekirei No.08] - 6 votes

Tsukiumi [Sekirei No.09] - 273 votes 302 votes

Uzume [Sekirei No.10] - 1 vote 2 votes

Hikari [Sekirei No.11] - 51 votes

Hibiki [Sekirei No.12] - 2 votes

Iki [Sekirei No.19] - 1 vote

Mitsuha [Sekirei No.38] - 1 vote

Yomi [Sekirei No.43] - 1 vote

Yashima [Sekirei No.84] - 3 votes

Musubi [Sekirei No.88] - 110 votes

Kuno [Sekirei No.95] - 4 votes

Haihane [Sekirei No.104] - 1 vote

Benitsubasa [Sekirei No.105] - 3 votes

Shiina [Sekirei No.107] - 3 votes 4 votes

Kusano [Sekirei No.108] - 10 votes 11 votes

Homura [Sekirei No.?] - 22 votes

Akitsu [No Sekirei No.] - 1 vote 2 votes

Drama CD original character Narashino [Sekirei No.74], who talks in Kansai-ben (Kansai dialect) - among other things, she uses the honorific suffix "-han" instead of "-san" - is not listed as one of the choices in the poll.

Since the release of the Sekirei drama CD on July 25, 2007, #1 Tsukiumi (273 votes 302 votes) has widened her lead over #2 Matsu (223 votes), followed by #3 Musubi (110 votes).

(At one point earlier this year, I seem to recall, Tsukiumi had between 255 and 260 votes, while Matsu had between 221 and 223 votes.)

Tsukiumi in the Sekirei drama CD reminds me of Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, and Isabella in Soukou no Strain. In addition to all of them being voiced by Tanaka Rie, they all intensely dislike the main heroine in the story - Suigintou hates Shinku, Tomoe hates Arika, Isabella hates Sara, and Tsukiumi (sorta) hates Musubi.

While Suigintou and Tomoe suppress their anger most of the time, Tsukiumi has an extremely short temper and often explodes in fits of rage, yelling and screaming in the unique trademark fashion of Tanaka Rie.

Unlike the evil, crazy, psychopathic villain Tomoe, or the sad, pitiful, one-time villain Suigintou, or the mean, nasty, spiteful bitch Isabella, however, the seemingly always angry Tsukiumi acts tough, but (as someone else elsewhere has noted) is really just an innocent girl wanting to be loved.

In the Sunday, September 30, 2007 entry on her blog, Tanaka Rie indicates that she has landed a lot of regular roles in anime and will announce them later.

Will Tsukiumi in a Sekirei anime series be one of them?



Tsukiumi Figure With Characteristic Tsuntsun Expression On Her Face




Last edited by Siegel Clyne : 2007-10-06 at 03:28. Reason: Added Asama Miya's appellation, "Ooya" ("Landlady"). While others refer to Miya as "Ooya-san," Tsukiumi, who speaks in an archaic manner, calls her "Ooya-dono."

According to an entry on MOON PHASE Miscellaneous Notes (MOON PHASE Zakki), Wednesday, December 20, 2007, Japan Time, the next series from YOUNG GANGAN seinen manga magazine, published by SQUARE ENIX, to be animated after Bamboo Blade appears to be a title with the "name of a bird" ("tori no namae").

The YOUNG GANGAN manga series with a "bird's name" is Sekirei.

"Sekirei" means wagtail in Japanese.

I think that, in all probability, the Sekirei anime cast will be more or less the same as the Sekirei drama CD cast listed above in my earlier post, with additional seiyuu for additional characters in the anime.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:54   Link #23
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
I just recently "discovered" this manga and I'm finding it quite enjoyable. The artwork is very nice and the characters likable. Sure it's full of harem stereotypes, but the fights help give it a flavor of it's own and overall the story has enough substance to it to be interesting. Too bad this isn't licenced in the US. I'll be looking forward to more from the scanlation group.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 22:24   Link #24
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
I read up to 50 ch. and from what I can tell Minato will have an elemental group. He already has water, wind, and wood(or is it plants?) and we see a fire one that hasn't been taken yet. I wonder if he is special in that he can take a sekirei from another person.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 06:53   Link #25
masama
use the fōrks ~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I thought I would enjoy this but I lost interest quickly after a few chapters. Then I discovered that you can actually get bored of boobs if you see them too much and too often!
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 12:17   Link #26
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I read up to 50 ch. and from what I can tell Minato will have an elemental group. He already has water, wind, and wood(or is it plants?) and we see a fire one that hasn't been taken yet.
Spoiler for Fire Sekirei:

Quote:
I wonder if he is special in that he can take a sekirei from another person.
Spoiler for Seond Hand:
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 13:32   Link #27
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
No she didn't bond, but she was in love with another guy. Minato was able to overcome that with his "warmth" whatever the hell that means.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 10:08   Link #28
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
No she didn't bond, but she was in love with another guy. Minato was able to overcome that with his "warmth" whatever the hell that means.
Ah! I went back and re-read the last few chapters and you are right. I also read the new releases of 51-53 last night. More good stuff, with some new characters introduced (including Minato's Mom!).
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 22:44   Link #29
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
all I can say is Minato is one extremely lucky son of a b****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has amassed possible or most likely probably the most gorgeous harem I've come across!!!

usually I would praise the lad for doing such a job but this time jealously and envy have taken over!!!

oh and Ku-chwan is sooooo cute
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 02:58   Link #30
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
I now .. as to all Rie Tanaka's character .. lay claimed to Tsukiumi as mai waifu !

As well as Kazehana and Uzume and Matsu =3
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 21:53   Link #31
longshot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
lol one of the funniest stories i have ever read basically its from zero to hero only our buddy minato doesnt exactly comprehend his situation much.......lol now with 3 girls wanting to be his wife, 4 if you count little ku-chan growing up plus a 5th wanting to "experiment" on him makes you wonder how long will the harem grow before it stops
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:59   Link #32
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Well... considering

Spoiler for latest chapter 55:


Who know, if and ashikabi suddenly can steal other sekirei's, :O

Still.. he already won since he got the best tsundere waifu ^.^ Tsukiumi <3
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:04   Link #33
nadare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to nadare
His harem is the most complete so far.

Spoiler:
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:55   Link #34
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Mushubi already cosplaying as meido several time .. what he need is

Spoiler:


Altho that maybe wishing too far
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 09:49   Link #35
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
He needs number one....then and only then will his harem be complete
Lucky bass
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 00:00   Link #36
longshot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
by the way everytime i hear they say minato has "winged" another Sekirei does any1 else think it sounds kinda.....idk..........funny??
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 17:24   Link #37
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
by the way everytime i hear they say minato has "winged" another Sekirei does any1 else think it sounds kinda.....idk..........funny??
I tink find it more irritating than funny.....probably down to that fact I think

"DAMN YOU, YOU LUCKY BASTARD HOW MANY MORE YOU GONNA WING?!!"

to me, I have to say he has got himself one of the best harems...ever!!!
plus he's got his oh soo lovely imouto-chwan(with possible brother-complex) with her ever so extremely convincing trap
This series has got 2 of the most convincing traps I ever come across that I don't feel guilty when I look at em(yes yes I am very weird but it can't be helped as I am after all into the world of anime and manga) altho not sure ya can call 1 of em a trap, as certain changes make it all.....well very very confusing

can tell ya this if this ever gets animated I'll be there from start to finish, could possibly replace Ikki Tousen for sheer fanvice entertainment for me
also the drama CD cast I do think would be perfect for an anime

had a quick look on wiki and it says there are some rumors of a possible anime produced by ARMS!!! OMG SOOOO HOPE THEY AIN'T JUST RUMORS!!!!!

I've just read chapter 56 and anyone could have told you all that was writen on my face is A BIG WTF??!!.......I 'm at a loss for words really so(plus its bloody late) so I'll post later when I can come up with something.
__________________

Last edited by Bonta Kun; 2008-01-31 at 00:04.
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 17:39   Link #38
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
No. 1 is the best girl in Sekirei, period. If he can wing her... damn that lucky sob.

Homura is a close second. They are the only girls without outrageous breast size.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 17:52   Link #39
nadare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to nadare
^ I thought she was already considered as winged sekirei

Spoiler for last unwinged Sekirei:
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 19:50   Link #40
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
ch57 is out

Spoiler for thoughts:
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.