AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-15, 22:54   Link #1681
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Unlike Matsu, Tsukiumi wasn't aware of Homura's problem.. She so dense, she cant even tell Homura=Kagari

I forgive her.. <3
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 22:57   Link #1682
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Unlike Matsu, Tsukiumi wasn't aware of Homura's problem.. She so dense, she cant even tell Homura=Kagari

I forgive her.. <3
ah duh I forgot about that. But even though she does call him Minato's wife, she uses "him" and again so does Minato. Im behind in the scans but Im assuming Minato still refers to Kagari as him/he (someone correct me if Im wrong or it hasnt been mentioned) but if/when Mina-tan calls him a you know what then Ill cave...til then, he's a guy!
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:02   Link #1683
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Minato let Homura choose whichever she prefered more.. Then the arc change and we still havent got any confirmation.

There's a sekirei calender pool in moe.imouto. Its basically the colored page from the previous chapters without the annoying text around them (apart from the date of course) .. There Karasuba and there's also Kagari (both are not alone tho..

Only Musubi got a solo appearance
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:09   Link #1684
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Minato let Homura choose whichever she prefered more.. Then the arc change and we still havent got any confirmation.
Ugh thats what I thought, I remember Minato saying that to him, I just wanted to know if sense then what Mina-tan's been calling him, guess we wait...

Quote:
There's a sekirei calender pool in moe.imouto. Its basically the colored page from the previous chapters without the annoying text around them (apart from the date of course) .. There Karasuba and there's also Kagari (both are not alone tho..
SAUCE??? 8D
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 23:16   Link #1685
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
The internet, googling skills required
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:11   Link #1686
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
ah duh I forgot about that. But even though she does call him Minato's wife, she uses "him" and again so does Minato. Im behind in the scans but Im assuming Minato still refers to Kagari as him/he (someone correct me if Im wrong or it hasnt been mentioned) but if/when Mina-tan calls him a you know what then Ill cave...til then, he's a guy!
Wouldn't that be because of the way it's translated?

Pronouns like "he" and "she" are sometimes omitted, and the subject can be known through context in Japanese. I don't know... you probably have to check the original Japanese for that.

Even if Homura does become a girl I doubt that everybody would suddenly refer to him as a "he" simply because it's kind of sudden or awkward at first. Moreover, Homura reveals to Minato that as ashikabi, he can determine that way he is—even going as far as saying that Minato can make him similar to that of an animal if he so chooses. When Minato told him to stay as he chooses to be, I regard it as a more holistic statement... meaning, it's more than just his actual sex but also the way he thinks and his personality.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:13   Link #1687
Ultenth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Washington State
Homura is a Futa!!


:O
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:14   Link #1688
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
NOOOOO!!!

Anything BUT futa D:
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:28   Link #1689
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Wouldn't that be because of the way it's translated?

Pronouns like "he" and "she" are sometimes omitted, and the subject can be known through context in Japanese. I don't know... you probably have to check the original Japanese for that.

Even if Homura does become a girl I doubt that everybody would suddenly refer to him as a "he" simply because it's kind of sudden or awkward at first. Moreover, Homura reveals to Minato that as ashikabi, he can determine that way he is—even going as far as saying that Minato can make him similar to that of an animal if he so chooses. When Minato told him to stay as he chooses to be, I regard it as a more holistic statement... meaning, it's more than just his actual sex but also the way he thinks and his personality.
True fan translations can be 10-30% off but they try hard to not lose as much meaning as they can.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:30   Link #1690
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
NOOOOO!!!

Anything BUT futa D:
But he is currently Futa.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:36   Link #1691
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
True fan translations can be 10-30% off but they try hard to not lose as much meaning as they can.
What I meant was, sometimes Japanese sentences do not utter the subject within a sentence.

In sentences such as those, sometimes translations would have to supply the subject in order to word it out properly in English.

The meaning is still the same, but the actual translation (even a direct and literal one) has to take into account actual differences between two ways of sentence construction.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-02-16 at 01:48.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:42   Link #1692
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
What I meant is, sometimes Japanese sentences do not utter the subject within a sentence.

In sentences such as those, sometimes translations would have to supply the subject in order to word it out properly in English.

The meaning is still the same, but the actual translation (even a direct and literal one) has to take into account actual differences between two ways of sentence construction.
Well a literal one needs to take into account known information of the scene/characters and placed into proper grammar. But yes I do understand that some of it can be very vague to specifics but even so each translator is a bit different and you can have mixed results in the translation that try to polish out the vagueness.

/incoherent intellectual
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:48   Link #1693
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
But yes I do understand that some of it can be very vague to specifics but even so each translator is a bit different and you can have mixed results in the translation that try to polish out the vagueness.
And that's what I meant, really. I was just wondering how much the actual translation process plays into such lines. The translations still have to be written in English, and so translated meaning has to be transcribed in a different way of speech.

For one thing, I doubt the translator will be literally typing out "he/she" and would most likely pick "he," even if it's just temporary, just to be on the safe side.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 01:59   Link #1694
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
And that's what I meant, really. I was just wondering how much the actual translation process plays into such lines. The translations still have to be written in English, and so translated meaning has to be transcribed in a different way of speech.

For one thing, I doubt the translator will be literally typing out "he/she" and would most likely pick "he," even if it's just temporary, just to be on the safe side.
As I said "Well a literal one needs to take into account known information of the scene/characters and placed into proper grammar."

Meaning the translation will be based on their best information of whats going on.

So when we have Homura its "he/him" from the vague terms used, now from what I can remember of the anime there are a few vague words used for Minato coming from the girls witch was translated in a few ways.

Gaa its late and I am rambling..more than normal...LOL
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 02:08   Link #1695
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
As I said "Well a literal one needs to take into account known information of the scene/characters and placed into proper grammar."

Meaning the translation will be based on their best information of whats going on.
...Hence the context of said text, and how the translator deals with it based on what is known and understood about the whole story and what's actually being said. But it doesn't stop there, which is what I'm saying. One still has to put that into sensible, correct English.

The fact is, we don't really know what's up (or down...) with Homura and with that said, I think using "he" is still pretty apt for him... at the very least, in the meantime, even if he becomes a woman. You can't really tell unless the author flat out reveals the truth. And so, every reader and English translator has to work with the given.

We're essentially saying the same thing, Zippy.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-02-16 at 03:12.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 02:38   Link #1696
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
At least Homura can tease Tsukiumi by telling that Minato was the first man that touched his breasts ^^ and if we know how Tsukiumi is she will freak out.... I wonder how Kazehana or Musubi would act there ^^

Anyway few days till a chapter gets released in japan...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 03:02   Link #1697
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
At least Homura can tease Tsukiumi by telling that Minato was the first man that touched his breasts ^^ and if we know how Tsukiumi is she will freak out.... I wonder how Kazehana or Musubi would act there ^^
Tsukiumi's reaction..
-> ->


Yukari's

Kazehana's

Matsu's

Musubi's (She dont understand what's going on)
->
And lastly, Minato's himself
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 03:12   Link #1698
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
You just won this thread, KiNA.

Well played, sir.

But you forgot Miya!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 03:18   Link #1699
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/


I dont have appropriate Miya's gif .. lost her Hanya expression gif.. nor do I made any Kuuchan av
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 12:04   Link #1700
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Ah ok Ive seen most of those, yeah finding Karasuba-sama or Kagari by themselves in color is nearly impossible.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.